Creamy pumpkin bisque with a touch of curry and saffron is a great way to enjoy the flavor of pumpkin in the fall or all year aound.
Provided by Stephanie Manley
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt butter in a medium-sized pot over medium heat
- Add chopped onions and chopped garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add curry powder, stir well, and cook for about one minute. This mixture should be very fragrant.
- Add saffron strands and stir well.
- Add four cups of chicken broth and stir well.
- Add one can of pure pumpkin and stir until the pumpkin is fully blended.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about five minutes or until heated through.
- Add heavy cream and stir.
- Taste and season with salt if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220 kcal, Carbohydrate 14 g, Protein 3 g, Fat 17 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 928 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onions and bell pepper; sauté until vegetables begin to soften, about 8 minutes. Add curry powder and stir 1 minute. Add 5 cups broth and next 4 ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Chill until cold, then cover and keep chilled. Rewarm over medium heat, adding more broth if soup is too thick.) Ladle soup into bowls. Top with grated cheese.
CURRY PUMPKIN BISQUE
Provided by Jessica Carter
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on a med-high setting until smooth. Pour into a large saucepan and heat over medium high heat until it comes to a simmer. Cover with a lid and reduce to medium-low, cooking for an additional 10-15 minutes. Garnish with vegan sour cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or roasted pumpkin seeds.
CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE
- Slowly saute onion and garlic in oil until transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree and chicken stock, bay leaf, sugar, curry, nutmeg and mix well.
- Bring to boil, and then lower heat to simmer.
- Cook 20 to 30 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Add half-and-half and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Blend in batches in blender.
- Strain through a fine strainer.
- Reheat gently, and serve with toasted coconut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272.1, Fat 16.9, SaturatedFat 9.5, Cholesterol 52, Sodium 394.4, Carbohydrate 20.6, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 6, Protein 10.5
CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE
Whet their appetite for more with this autumn-inspired pumpkin bisque. Serve in mugs, right before the main course.
Provided by Allrecipes Member
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Stir all ingredients. Heat over medium heat until soup starts to boil, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with a swirl of cream sprinkled with a dash of curry, or a few shelled pumpkin seeds, to make company special.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127.5 calories, Carbohydrate 5.7 g, Cholesterol 42 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 7376.4 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
CURRIED PUMPKIN APPLE SOUP
Sweet apples and spicy curry combine in this rich soup, which is perfect for fall. A small serving is all you need to satisfy. -Jane Shapton, Irvine, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan, saute the apples, onion and leek in butter until tender. Add garlic and curry; cook 1 minute longer. Add pumpkin and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil)., Remove from the heat; cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Season with salt. If desired, garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 187 calories, Fat 15g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 48mg cholesterol, Sodium 511mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
CURRIED PUMPKIN SOUP
This is a very tasty soup that keeps up to 3 days in the fridge, and freezes well. When you ladle this soup into individual bowls, swirl a dollop of sour cream or yogurt into the soup.
Provided by Debbe Hallborg
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, curry, and cumin; saute, stirring often, until onion is soft and fragrant.
- Stir in apples, pumpkin, broth, water, and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree soup in a food processor or a blender.
- Return soup to saucepan; reheat, covered, over low heat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.8 calories, Carbohydrate 22.6 g, Cholesterol 5.1 mg, Fat 3.4 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 696.5 mg, Sugar 13.9 g
More about "curried pumpkin bisque recipes"
CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE SHOOTERS | RECIPE | PUMPKIN BISQUE, …
VEGAN CURRY-SPICED PUMPKIN BISQUE | VEGKITCHEN
SPICED PUMPKIN BISQUE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CURRIED ' PUMPKIN ' BISQUE ON BAKESPACE.COM
TAZ COOKS CULINARY INSTRUCTION
BISQUE OF CURRIED PUMPKIN, CRAWFISH AND CORN
SAVORY PUMPKIN BISQUE RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
CURRY-PUMPKIN BISQUE | BURN BLOG
BISQUE OF APPLE & CURRIED PUMPKIN - WILLIAMSON WINES
CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE | PUMPKIN BISQUE, PUMPKIN DISHES, RECIPES
PUMPKIN BISQUE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN BISQUE
COCONUT-CURRY PUMPKIN BISQUE | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA
CURRIED COCONUT PUMPKIN BISQUE - THE KITCHEN MCCABE
SPICED PUMPKIN BISQUE - EATS BY THE BEACH
CREAMY, LUSH CURRIED PUMPKIN SOUP FROM SCRATCH - GARLIC & ZEST
CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE | VEGWEB.COM, THE WORLD'S LARGEST …
CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE SHOOTERS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE - MILK CRATE KITCHEN
PUMPKIN LOBSTER CURRY BISQUE WITH HOMEMADE CRèME FRAîCHE
CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE RECIPE
BISQUE OF CURRIED PUMPKIN, CRAWFISH, AND CORN - LOUISIANA COOKIN
CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE - MEAT YOUR VEGETABLES
RECIPE: CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE - RECIPELINK.COM
COCONUT-CURRY PUMPKIN BISQUE | RECIPES | WW USA
SAVORY CURRIED PUMPKIN AND CRAWFISH BISQUE - GEAUX ASK ALICE!
CURRY-PUMPKIN BISQUE | FIERY FOODS & BARBECUE CENTRAL
CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE WITH PROSCIUTTO AND SAGE
CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE - COUNTRY ROADS MAGAZINE
BISQUE OF CURRIED PUMPKIN, CRAWFISH AND CORN FROM HOUMAS …
CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE SHOOTERS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
KETO CURRIED PUMPKIN BISQUE! (DAIRY FREE/LOW CARB/GLUTEN FREE ...
You'll also love