- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, curry powder, and ginger. Cook, stirring to break up paste, until mixture is smooth and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes to skillet. Cook, stirring, until they begin to release their juices, about 1 minute. Add 1 1/2 cups water; simmer until tomatoes have slightly broken down, 3 to 5 minutes. Add shrimp; cook until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream and lime juice to skillet; stir to combine. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 237 g, Fat 12 g, Protein 21 g
EASY CURRIED SHRIMP
This is my mom's recipe - it's very quick to make. I used to make this in college every Friday during Lent. You can make the curry start to finish in the time it takes the rice to cook. The amount of curry and ginger is the starting amount; I use up to twice that much, but adjust it to taste.
Provided by ChrisMc
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt butter with curry, onion, and ginger and cook until onion begins to soften.
- Add the flour and stir to combine with butter.
- Add the broth, milk, salt, sugar and lemon and stir to combine with flour.
- Bring to a simmer and add the shrimp.
- Simmer until the shrimp is cooked.
- Serve over rice.
If you like curry, you'll enjoy the rich flavor of this creamy shrimp mixture that is delicious served over rice. "I like to garnish it with bacon bits and chopped hard-cooked eggs," notes Sue Friend of Lynden, Washington.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in soup and curry powder; bring to a boil. Add the shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 18g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 218mg cholesterol, Sodium 817mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY
This is a subtle yet richly flavored curry that complements shrimp perfectly. A very authentic taste, and a very easy meal to prepare when you are in a hurry. Make sure you pop the shrimp tails off before adding to skillet. Serve with rice.
Provided by Jacqueline B
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow it to cool slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, paprika, and ground chile (see Note) to the onion and stir over low heat. Pour the tomatoes and coconut milk into the skillet; season with salt.
- Cook the mixture at a simmer, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir the shrimp, fresh cilantro, and dried cilantro into the sauce mixture; cook another 1 minute before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416.2 calories, Carbohydrate 10.9 g, Cholesterol 146 mg, Fat 32.1 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 23 g, SaturatedFat 20.5 g, Sodium 930.4 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
CURRIED SHRIMP WITH COCONUT MILK
- Heat large skillet over medium heat, then add 1 tablespoon butter. When foam subsides, add shrimp and cook until they just turn pink. Remove from pan and reserve. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to pan. When it melts, add onions and stir; cook 5 minutes until softened. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, curry powder, garlic and ginger over the onions, reduce heat to low, and cook gently 5 minutes until onions are softened and translucent. Add red pepper and chayote and cook 5 minutes. Add about 2/3 of the coconut milk and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes to bring flavors together. Add shrimp back to skillet along with scallions, cilantro leaves and lime juice. Taste and adjust seasoning adding more pepper if necessary, adding more coconut milk if desired for a soupier consistency. Serve over rice.
I created this Indian-style shrimp when we were entertaining some friends, one of our favorite things to do. It works on the stovetop or the grill. -Shana Conradt, Appleton, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder; cook and stir 30-60 seconds longer or until shrimp turn pink., Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. If desired, serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 138mg cholesterol, Sodium 293mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP
- Heat the butter in a large skillet (I used nonstick) over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, turning them over halfway through, until fully cooked, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the garlic and onions to the skillet and stir to cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the curry powder over the onions and continue cooking, stirring, for another couple of minutes. Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the coconut milk, stirring to combine. Add the honey, salt and lime juice, and allow the sauce to heat up until bubbling gently. Add the shrimp to the sauce, tossing to coat, and allow it to simmer until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Taste the sauce and add more salt, lime juice or honey, depending on your taste. Stir in the basil. (Add hot sauce if you want a little kick.)
- Serve the shrimp and sauce over a bed of cooked basmati rice, garnishing with more basil. Delicious!
CURRIED GRILLED JUMBO SHRIMP
- Use scissors to cut down the back of the shrimp, through the shell, to remove the vein. Gently loosen the shell around the shrimp, but keep it in place. Set aside. In a mortar, pound the garlic and chilies to a coarse paste (or use a mini food processor or chop to a paste with a knife). Add the sugar and salt and pound or chop to a finer paste. Stir in the coriander, curry and oil.
- Gently pull open the shell of each shrimp and, dividing the coriander paste evenly, push some of it down the back of the shrimp where the vein was and under the shell a bit. Close up the shell around the shrimp. Marinate at room temperature at least 2 hours or, covered, in the refrigerator up to 4 hours.
- Preheat a grill or broiler. Grill or broil the shrimp until the shells are charred on one side and the shrimp is cooked halfway through, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side for 1 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately with the rice.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 415, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 60 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 28 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 972 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- Sprinkle potato pieces with 1 tbsp water; microwave, covered, until fork-tender, 3 minutes. Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Push onion to side of skillet. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes per side. Stir in potatoes and bell pepper; cook until pepper softens, 1 to 2 minutes. Add mango, coconut milk, fish sauce, sriracha and sugar. Simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add basil.
QUICK N' EASY CURRIED SHRIMP
- In a large non-stick fry pan, melt butter, stir in curry powder and cook and stir for 5 minutes to develop flavor of the curry powder.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic; cook and stir until onion is softened.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until shrimp have turned pink and are almost cooked.
- Stir in the flour until it has been absorbed.
- Add sour cream and whipping cream, stirring all the time until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Seve immediately over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 436.7, Fat 31.3, SaturatedFat 18.5, Cholesterol 254.1, Sodium 274.3, Carbohydrate 12.9, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 2.4, Protein 26.8
GRILLED CURRIED SHRIMP
Here's a spicy start to dinner. Toss the shrimp in a combination of olive oil, curry powder, paprika, and salt, then grill until charred. Serve these spicy shrimp as hors d'oeuvres with a tangy mango chutney for dipping.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, salt, sugar, curry powder, and paprika. Add shrimp; toss until well coated. Place in refrigerator; let marinate 1 hour.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove shrimp from refrigerator; letting excess marinade drip into bowl, transfer shrimp to grill pan, working in batches, if necessary.
- Grill until shrimp are opaque and slightly browned on the outside, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter; serve hot with chutney.
- Heat oil in large, nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion, red pepper, and garlic until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Season with cumin, coriander, and curry powder. Cook for 1 more minute. Stir in coconut milk, sugar, and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, and increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir until shrimp is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. Stir into shrimp mixture, and cook until sauce has thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in cilantro, and remove from heat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190.8 calories, Carbohydrate 8.5 g, Cholesterol 172.5 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 175.1 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
CRISP CURRIED SHRIMP
- In a bowl stir together flour, curry powder, cayenne, and salt to taste. Add shrimp to flour mixture, tossing to coat.
- In a large heavy skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté scallions until well browned and almost tender.
- Add shrimp to scallions and sauté, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque throughout.
- Serve shrimp with lemon.
- Put water on to boil for potatoes in covered pot.
- Scrub and halve potatoes but do not peel, and boil them in covered pot, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and saute onion, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne and black pepper in hot oil.
- When onions begin to soften add peas and break up.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain and quarter and add to peas and onions along with shrimp and yogurt. Heat shrimp and yogurt through but do not allow to boil or yogurt will separate.
- Chop mint or fresh coriander.
- Serve shrimp mixture with sprinkling of mint or coriander.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 621, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 80 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 14 grams, Protein 37 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 922 milligrams, Sugar 26 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "curried shrimp recipes"
CURRY SHRIMP APPETIZERS - A WELL SEASONED KITCHEN
CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE - JAMAICAN CURRY SHRIMP | HANK SHAW
JAMAICAN CURRY SHRIMP - MY FORKING LIFE
CURRIED SHRIMP FRIED RICE - FORK IN THE KITCHEN
SHRIMP CURRY RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
CURRY SHRIMP - SIMPLY TRINI COOKING
THE ULTIMATE CURRY SHRIMP. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE - COOKING WITH RIA
CURRIED RICE WITH SHRIMP RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SHRIMP CURRY - THE WOODEN SKILLET
SHRIMP CURRY | RICARDO
EASY COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE - BE GREEDY EATS
JAMAICAN CURRY SHRIMP - IMMACULATE BITES
BEST GREEN CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GREEN CURRY SHRIMP
CURRIED SHRIMP WITH CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEAS RECIPE - EATINGWELL
JAMAICAN CURRIED SHRIMP RECIPE - JAMAICANS AND JAMAICA
CURRIED SHRIMP RECIPE - YANKEE MAGAZINE - NEWENGLAND.COM
CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE | COOK LIKE A JAMAICAN
COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY - JO COOKS
EASY SHRIMP CURRY | LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN
EASY THAI SHRIMP CURRY - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CURRIED SHRIMP TARTS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE (20 MINUTE) - SKINNYTASTE
CURRIED SHRIMP SAUTé - CHATELAINE
MYSTERY LOVERS' KITCHEN: CURRIED GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPE BY MIA P ...
THE BEST EASY COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY - CAFE DELITES
SWEET CURRIED SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - THE PIONEER WOMAN
CREAMY CURRIED SHRIMP RECIPE | RECIPELAND
CURRIED SHRIMP BROCHETTES | RICARDO
EASY CURRIED SHRIMP - CHATELAINE
BEST CARIBBEAN SHRIMP AND BANANA CURRY RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK …
CHEF ANN KIM’S CURRIED SHRIMP AND GRITS – GARDEN & GUN
CREAMY SHRIMP CURRY - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #eggs-dairy #pasta #seafood #american #asian #caribbean #easy #central-american #dinner-party #holiday-event #romantic #shrimp #stove-top #dietary #wedding #valentines-day #pasta-rice-and-grains #shellfish #kwanzaa #taste-mood #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook shrimp in a curry?Add the curry, cumin, salt, garlic powder, coriander and cinnamon; cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Stir in coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in apricots; heat through.
What is the best way to cook shrimp?—Shana Conradt, Appleton, Wisconsin In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder; cook and stir 30-60 seconds longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat.
How to cook shrimp and rice?In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in soup and curry powder; bring to a boil. Add the shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat through. Serve with rice.
What are the ingredients in Shrimp curry?This shrimp curry packs heat along with a delicate sweetness. This recipe boasts an unbelievable blend of spices. Garam masala, ginger, garlic, and cumin combine for a deeply satisfying experience. It'll be easy to impress guests or family when you make this delicious shrimp curry.