CURRY FISH STEW
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, green onions, red chile pepper, and pimentos. Cook and stir until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in curry powder, and continue to cook and stir 2 to 5 minutes.
- Blend cream into the onion mixture, and simmer until thickened. Mix in cod, cooking 3 to 5 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 668.8 calories, Carbohydrate 15.9 g, Cholesterol 206.4 mg, Fat 52.9 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 35.1 g, SaturatedFat 25.7 g, Sodium 143.9 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
CURRIED SWORDFISH STEW
Martha's take on marak samak, a spicy fish stew that hails from Oman, relies on meaty swordfish and assertive ingredients like a homemade Arabic spice blend, caramelized onions and fennel, chiles, and tomatoes.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat ghee in a large Dutch oven over medium. Add onions and sliced fennel and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, cumin, and spice blend and cook until aromatic, 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and serrano and cook 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and 2 cups water and bring to a simmer. Season fish with salt and pepper and add to pot. Simmer, uncovered, until fish is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper; gently stir to combine. Ladle stew into bowls; garnish with fennel fronds. Serve with lime wedges and flatbread, if desired.
CURRIED SWORDFISH WITH TOMATOES, GREENS AND GARLIC TOAST
For a decade, swordfish was dangerously overfished. Over time, the North Atlantic swordfish stock has been rebuilt, and swordfish caught by American vessels are now sustainably fished. One thing hasn't changed: Handled incorrectly, swordfish can be tough or dry. Searing, then steaming with the moisture that comes from braising greens and ripe, on-the-vine tomatoes, yields a moist and succulent steak. Make sure to use small grape or cherry tomatoes. When the tomatoes burst, the juices meld with the curry powder and the fat (ghee or oil) for a flavorful, spoonable sauce. Drizzle any extra over garlicky bread with a generous squeeze of lemon. If you don't have ghee, cook the fish in a mixture of butter and vegetable oil, which will give you all the high-heat flexibility of ghee with the rich, flavorful finish of butter.
Provided by Sarah Copeland
Categories dinner, weekday, seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the ghee or oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Stir together the curry, paprika, salt and pepper. Pat the swordfish dry, and season on both sides with the spice mixture. Cook one side of the fish without moving it, until it is golden and releases easily, about 3 minutes.
- Flip the fish, add the greens and tomatoes (on the vine), scattering evenly over the top of the fish. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat and cook over medium heat until greens are wilted, tomatoes have burst and fish is just cooked through but still very moist, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread: While warm, rub each piece vigorously with the garlic clove.
- Remove the fish from the heat and serve immediately, with toasted garlic bread, spooning the juices from the pan over each portion. Squeeze lemon over the top.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 630, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 47 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 55 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 1025 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CURRIED BEEF STEW
My mother, who was Japanese, made a dish very similar to this. After a lot of experimenting, I came up with a version that is very close to the one she used to make. This beef curry stew recipe is special to me because it brings back memories of her. -Gloria Gowins, Massillon, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper; toss with flour. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat; cook beef and onion until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in curry powder, soy sauce, bay leaves and stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 45 minutes., Stir in potatoes and carrots; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until meat and vegetables are tender, 1 to 1-1/4 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaves; stir in vinegar. If desired, serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362 calories, Fat 10g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 691mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CURRY-RUBBED SWORDFISH STEAKS WITH FRESH GREEN YOGURT SAUCE
Mild, meaty swordfish comes to life when rubbed with fiery Madras-style curry powder and broiled. Serve with a creamy, herby yogurt sauce that comes together quickly in the food processor.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Position a broiler pan on the rack closest to the broiler element and preheat to high.
- For the chutney: With the machine running, drop the ginger into the bowl of a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the scallions, mint, cilantro, yogurt, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt. Process to a textured sauce similar in consistency to pesto, adding water to adjust the consistency, if necessary. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- For the fish: rub the oil, curry, salt and pepper on the fish. Carefully lay the swordfish on the preheated broiler pan and return to the broiler. Cook the steaks without turning until just cooked through more or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the side registers about 135 degrees F, about 4 minutes. Transfer steaks to 4 plates and serve with the chutney and rice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245 calorie, Fat 9 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 35 grams
HERBY BROILED SWORDFISH WITH ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES
For this delectable seafood dinner, Martha puts fresh swordfish steaks in a citrusy, herby marinade before cooking them under the broiler. For an extra lovely presentation, use cherry tomatoes on the vine.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425°F, with a rack 6 inches from heating element. Stir together herbs, 1/4 cup oil, and lemon zest and juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Toss tomatoes with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange tomatoes in a shallow nonreactive baking dish and roast, stirring once halfway through and breaking up some with back of spoon, until burst and beginning to collapse, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in garlic and red-pepper flakes; roast 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and cover; switch oven to broil.
- Meanwhile, season swordfish with salt and pepper and rub half of herb oil over both sides. Let stand 15 minutes. Arrange fish on a broiler-safe pan and broil, flipping halfway through, until cooked through and browned in places, 6 to 8 minutes total. Transfer to dish with tomatoes, slice, and serve, drizzled with remaining herb oil.
- Heat the oil and when its very hot put in the fish.
- Add salt and pepper, simmer.
- Add onion, tomatoes.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416.7, Fat 11.5, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 66.3, Sodium 169.3, Carbohydrate 37, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 5.7, Protein 38.8
SICILIAN FISHERMAN'S STEW
- Heat the olive oil in a wide, heavy pot over medium heat, add the onions and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the parsley and tomatoes. Raise the heat and bring to a simmer. Add 1 cup water and the wine.
- Cook, partially covered, for 10 minutes. Add the fish, cover, and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
More about "curried swordfish stew recipes"
CURRIED SWORDFISH STEW | DIANE ZIMBALATTI CARUSO
10 BEST SWORDFISH STEAKS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SICILIAN-STYLE FISH STEW RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
EASY CURRIED FISH STEW | FISH RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
CURRY FISH STEW - SUEBEE HOMEMAKER
SEPTEMBER SWORDFISH STEW — DOMENICA COOKS
GOAN CURRIED-FISH STEW RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
OVERNIGHT SWORDFISH STEW - ITALY MAGAZINE
CURIED SWORDFISH STEW RECIPE | PBS FOOD
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | SHRIMP & SWORDFISH CURRY | RECIPES
OVERNIGHT-MARINATED SWORDFISH STEW - THE WASHINGTON POST
SWORDFISH STEAK WITH MANGO CHUTNEY ON CURRIED LENTILS – …
PAN SEARED SWORDFISH (QUICK, EASY & ELEGANT DINNER ... - BAKE IT …
FISH CURRY RECIPE (INDIAN FISH MASALA) - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
THE 15 BEST SWORDFISH RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
SWORDFISH CURRY | SHEMINS
CURRIED SWORDFISH STEW | PUNCHFORK
CURRIED SWORDFISH STEW | RECIPES, STEW, COOKING
EASY CURRIED FISH STEW - FABULOUS SUPERFOOD / COUNTRYWIVES
MARTHA STEWART’S COOKING SCHOOL: STEWS OF THE ARABIAN GULF
EASY SWORDFISH TOMATO CURRY RECIPE (DAIRY & GLUTEN FREE)
SWORDFISH IN TOMATO CURRY SAUCE RECIPE - MOM FOODIE
CURIED SWORDFISH STEW RECIPE | PBS FOOD
MEDITERRANEAN FISH STEW WITH CHICKPEAS AND GARLIC CROUTONS
CURRIED BEEF STEW RECIPE (CROCK POT OR STOVETOP)
CURRIED SWORDFISH STEW | RECIPES, STEW, CURRY
CURRIED SWORDFISH STEW - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
HOW TO COOK SWORDFISH STEAKS - THE SPRUCE EATS
CURRIED SWORDFISH STEW RECIPE
46 BEST SWORDFISH RECIPES - COOKINGCHEW.COM
RECIPE: MEDITERRANEAN TOMATO STEW WITH BRAISED SWORDFISH
BRAZILIAN FISH STEW (MOQUECA BAIANA) - RECIPETIN EATS
JAMAICAN RUN DOWN - PIQUANT POST
12 BEST SWORDFISH RECIPES THAT ARE AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS
SWORDFISH RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
FISH CURRY STEW – JAMAICAN DINNERS
GRILLED CURRIED SWORDFISH WITH MANGO SALSA - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
CURRIED WOLFFISH STEW RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Swordfish and Shrimp curry?Shrimp & Swordfish Curry. Stir in the spice mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and the juice, clam stock, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1½ teaspoons black pepper, bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the swordfish and shrimp, cover, and simmer for 7 minutes only...
How to cook Swordfish in a crock pot?Stir in the tomatoes and the juice, clam stock, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1½ teaspoons black pepper, bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the swordfish and shrimp, cover, and simmer for 7 minutes only (don’t overcook the seafood!), until the shrimp and fish are just cooked through.
How do you cook prawn curry?Put a 25cm shallow casserole pan on a medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil, the spring onions, chilli, ginger, curry leaves and all the spices. Stir and fry for 5 minutes, or until lightly golden. Meanwhile, remove the prawn heads and stir them into the pan as you go for serious added flavour, then add the rice and 1.2 litres of boiling water.
How do you cook a spring onion curry?” Trim the spring onions and finely slice with the chilli, then peel and matchstick the ginger. Put a 25cm shallow casserole pan on a medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil, the spring onions, chilli, ginger, curry leaves and all the spices. Stir and fry for 5 minutes, or until lightly golden.