CLASSIC CRISPY WAFFLES
The secret to these super-crispy waffles is using a little vegetable shortening. Make a large batch on the weekend, then grab and reheat on a rushed morning.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield About 8 waffles
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (to keep cooked waffles warm). Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the milk, butter, shortening and eggs in another bowl. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and gently stir until just incorporated (it's okay if there are some lumps).
- Lightly brush the top and bottom of the waffle iron with butter. Fill the waffle iron about three-quarters of the way full (some waffle iron should still be showing). Close the lid gently and cook until the waffles are golden brown and crisp, 6 to 7 minutes. Keep the cooked waffles warm in the oven or covered with foil on a plate while you make the remaining waffles.
- Serve with maple syrup, butter, sugar or fruit preserves.
DADS SPECTACULAR WAFFLES
Super healthy, my dad got me and my siblings to eat so much healthy stuff because he put it in the waffles we never even new! Healthy nuts with healthy fats, healthy oil, no trans fats, no simple sugar honey is better for you, and fruit what could be better!
Provided by KellyFarley
Yield 6 waffles, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine everything in a blender and mix until combined and nuts are crushed.
- Heat up waffle iron and grease lightly with nonstick spray.
- Cook according to manufacturers directions.
- Top with pure maple syrup, butter, fat free whipped cream, fruit or whatever else you want!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.1, Fat 11.2, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 47.1, Sodium 600.6, Carbohydrate 41, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 6.6, Protein 8.5
DAD'S CRISPY WAFFLES
- Heat the oven to 120°c and pre-heat the waffle iron. Mix the flour, corn flour, baking powder, salt, orange zest and baking soda in a medium bowl. Add the egg yolks and slowly mix in the milk, butter, vegetable oil and vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and set aside (works best if mixture has been left to stand for 30mins) In another bowl, beat the egg white into peaks. Add in the icing sugar and continue to beat until the peaks are firm. Slowly fold the egg whites to the mixture (do not over mix or the mixture will flatten) Pour the mixture into the hot waffle iron. Cook until light brown and crisp. Steam should have stopped coming out from the cooking waffle. If you remove the waffles too soon they will collapse. Remove from the waffle iron and immediately transfer to a rack in the oven for 5 minutes to dry and crisp. Serve and enjoy!
- Preheat a waffle iron on the highest setting. Mix together yolks, flour, sour cream, cornmeal, and baking soda. Stir in buttermilk, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir butter into batter (do not overmix).
- Beat whites with a mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Stir half into batter. Gently fold in remaining whites with a rubber spatula.
- Coat waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour a heaping cup batter into center of waffle iron (batter should spread to edges without overflowing). Close lid, and cook until waffle is golden and crisp, about 6 minutes.
- Remove waffle from iron. Quickly toss between your hands to release steam and help retain crispness, and serve. Repeat with remaining batter.
RICH DANISH WAFFLES
This is a rich waffle recipe based on a Danish batter for aebleskivers. It uses sugar and is wonderful and crisp. We always freeze the extra waffles and the kids heat them during the week. A minute in the microwave and a quick trip into the toaster renews the warmth and crispness anytime.
Provided by AUDIOPHIL
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl until well combined. Whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, milk, vanilla extract, and butter in a large bowl until smooth. Whip egg whites in a clean bowl to soft peaks. Fold the flour mixture into the egg yolk mixture until blended, then fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Preheat a Belgian waffle iron and coat with cooking spray. Spoon about 1/2 cup of batter per waffle, depending on the size of your waffle iron, onto the center of the hot iron. Close the lid and cook until steam stops coming out and the waffle is golden brown, about 90 seconds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292.6 calories, Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 131.4 mg, Fat 7.6 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 9.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 606.5 mg, Sugar 17.5 g
More about "dads crispy waffles recipes"
CLASSIC CRISPY WAFFLES - THE BAKERMAMA
4.6/5 (15)Total Time 20 minsCategory Breakfast
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the milk, whisking until just combined. Whisk in the melted butter and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy and then fold the eggs into the batter a few times. The batter should be streaked with the beaten egg. Sprinkle the batter with 2 tablespoons sugar and gently fold it in until very few streaks of egg are showing. The batter should still be slightly lumpy.
- Let the batter set in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes while you preheat the waffle maker to medium-high heat. Generously spray top and bottom of the waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray and cook waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions.
- For my waffle maker, I fill it about three-quarters of the way full, spreading it to fill in any gaps. Close the lid gently and cook until the waffles are golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. I try not to peek for at least 4 minutes. Keep the cooked waffles in a 200°F warm oven while you make the remaining waffles.
WAFFLE - DADDIES RECIPE
THE BEST WAFFLE RECIPE | MOM ON TIMEOUT
EASY WAFFLES (BUTTERY AND CRISP) - THIS IS HOW I COOK
DAD'S CRISPY WAFFLES - PLAIN.RECIPES
'COOKING WITH A DAD' DAD WAFFLES - BREWED FOR FOOD EDUCATION …
CHICKEN AND WAFFLES GONE GREEK | SYMON'S DINNERS COOKING OUT
CRISPY CORNMEAL WAFFLES RECIPE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
THE BEST HOMEMADE CRISPY WAFFLES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE
“BEST EVER” CRISPY WAFFLES - CRAFT OF COOKING
THE VERY BEST CRISPY WAFFLES - BAKING MISCHIEF
CRISPY BUTTERMILK WAFFLES - 2 COOKIN MAMAS
CRISPY WAFFLES RECIPE - THE MOMMY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE
FINALLY! THE EASY SECRET FOR HOW TO MAKE CRISPY WAFFLES.
CRISPY WAFFLES RECIPE | A QUICK CRUNCHY STEPWISE GUIDE
CRISPY FLUFFY WAFFLES - END OF THE FORK
HOW TO MAKE A WAFFLE BAR FOR FATHER'S DAY BRUNCH | EPICURIOUS
DAD'S FAMOUS SATURDAY MORNING WAFFLES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
FRITTAFFLE - REAL FOOD BY DAD
EXTRA CRISPY HOMEMADE WAFFLES - THE HOLY MESS
FLUFFY HOMEMADE WAFFLE RECIPE (EASY!) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
3 TIPS FOR MAKING CRISPY WAFFLES - SIMPLY RECIPES
DADDY’S SPECIAL WAFFLES | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
LIGHT & CRISPY WAFFLE RECIPE - VERY CRISPY! - A COZY KITCHEN
DADS SPECTACULAR WAFFLES BEST RECIPES
CRISPY WAFFLES RECIPE - LET THE WORLD SPICE YOU UP
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY WAFFLES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
34 EASY AND TASTY DADS WAFFLES RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
CRISPY LIGHT WAFFLES RECIPE | HOMEMADE FOOD JUNKIE
THE BEST WAFFLE RECIPE EVER (FLUFFY, CRISPY & DELICIOUS!)
CRISPY AND FRESH WAFFLES | RECIPES - TASTY
EASY WAFFLE RECIPE (FLUFFY AND CRISPY WAFFLES) | A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
ULTIMATE CRISPY AND FLUFFY WAFFLES - KITCHEN TRIALS
PUMPKIN WAFFLES - DADS THAT COOK
LIGHT AND CRISPY WAFFLES - INSPIRED TASTE
DAD'S BELGIAN WAFFLES RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
CRISPY WAFFLES - THE OLD HEN - HOMEMADE WAFFLES RECIPE
CRISPY SOURDOUGH DISCARD WAFFLES - AMY BAKES BREAD
CRISPY WAFFLES RECIPE | ANITACOOKS
CRISPY WAFFLES RECIPE
7 BEST CRISPY WAFFLES IDEAS | CRISPY WAFFLE, WAFFLES, WAFFLE RECIPES
FATHER'S DAY WAFFLE EXTRAVAGANZA RECIPES | CTV NEWS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the secret to crispy waffles?The secret to these super-crispy waffles is using a little vegetable shortening. Make a large batch on the weekend, then grab and reheat on a rushed morning. Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (to keep cooked waffles warm). Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
How to make waffles at home?Start the waffles by combining all your dry ingredients: flour, corn starch, sugar, baking soda and powder, and salt, in a large bowl and whisking them together. 2. Then make a small well in the center of the dry ingredients and add all the wet ingredients: buttermilk, vegetable oil, an egg, and vanilla.
What temperature do you cook waffles in a waffle iron?Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (to keep cooked waffles warm). Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the milk, butter, shortening and eggs in another bowl.
How do you make Lumpy waffle batter?Sprinkle the batter with 2 tablespoons sugar and gently fold it in until very few streaks of egg are showing. The batter should still be slightly lumpy. Let the batter set in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes while you preheat the waffle maker to medium-high heat.