DECADENT FUDGE CAKE
Everyone loves the rich flavor in this decadent cake made with four types of chocolate. -Anna Hogge, Yorktown, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cream butter in a large bowl. Gradually mix in sugar. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine buttermilk and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with flour, beginning and ending with flour. Add melted chocolate, chocolate syrup and vanilla. Stir in 1 cup miniature chocolate chips. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Immediately invert cake onto a serving plate; cool completely., Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt white chocolate and 2 tablespoons shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; drizzle over cake. Melt remaining chips and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Drizzle over white chocolate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 519 calories, Fat 25g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 78mg cholesterol, Sodium 192mg sodium, Carbohydrate 63g carbohydrate (44g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar together in a large bowl. Add vanilla, and then eggs to the mixture.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, soda, baking powder, and salt. Sour the milk by adding the lemon juice or vinegar. Add flour mixture alternately with soured milk to the creamed mixture.
- Mix cocoa and hot water together, and beat into batter.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cool, and frost with desired frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194.1 calories, Carbohydrate 32.1 g, Cholesterol 35.3 mg, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 212.5 mg, Sugar 17.5 g
DECADENT FUDGE SAUCE
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk, chocolate chips and sugar to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla until sauce is smooth and creamy. Cool about 30 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Store covered in refrigerator up to 4 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 2 Tablespoons, Sodium 20 mg, Sugar 13 g, TransFat 0 g
DECADENT CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE
Chunks of chocolate cake mixed with chocolate ganache pressed into a springform pan, chilled, unmolded, and then coated with more ganache. To die for! The interesting way this cake is made is what drew my attention to it. I had to try it! I was not dissapointed!! A heart shaped insert for the springform pan will also make this a great Valentines dessert. I got this recipe from busycooks.about.com. Mmmm..
Provided by lisar
Yield 16-20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and egg measurements above.
- Bake in two greased and floured 8" round pans at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Melt chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Heat cream and butter together in a large saucepan until it boils.
- Pour cream over chocolate and beat with wire whisk until smooth. Cool 20 minutes.
- Line 9" springform pan with waxed paper. Cut cooled cake into cubes. Place cake cubes in large mixer bowl.
- Pour 1-1/3 cups ganache over the cake cubes and mix on low speed with an electric mixture until texture is like thick fudge. Spread and press evenly in prepared pan, smoothing top. Freeze for one hour.
- Unmold cake, place on serving plate, remove waxed paper, and coat cake on the top and sides with remaining chocolate ganache. Store in refrigerator. 16-20 servings.
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk, stirring well.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with flour, beginning and ending with flour.
- Add 1 cup mini-morsels, melted chocolate, chocolate syrup, and vanilla, stirring just until blended (do not overbeat).
- Spoon batter into a heavily greased and floured 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 300 F for 1 hour and 25 to 35 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Invert cake immediately onto a serving plate, and let cool completely.
- Combine 4 oz chopped white chocolate and 2 Tbls shortening in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate mixture over cooled cake.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup mini-morsels and 2 tsp shortening in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat, and let cool; drizzle over white chocolate.
- If desired, garnish with chocolate and white chocolate leaves.
OLD FASHIONED FUDGE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch tube pan. In small saucepan, heat butter, chocolate and water until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- Sift together into a large bowl the flour, sugar and baking soda. In a small bowl, beat egg slightly and combine with sour cream and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture. Pour in the cooled chocolate mixture. Beat at low speed for 5 minutes until completely combined and the consistency of heavy cream.
- Pour batter into prepared 9 inch tube pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 421.7 calories, Carbohydrate 52.6 g, Cholesterol 80.2 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 14.3 g, Sodium 73.2 mg, Sugar 33.6 g
DECADENT FUDGE BROWNIES
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 7 by 10-inch rectangular baking pan, a 9-inch square pan, or an 8- or 9-inch springform pan.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar into the melted butter, then the eggs, coffee, cocoa, salt, cake meal, and toasted walnuts, if using.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes. Do not overbake. The brownies should be set and seem dry to the touch, but there should not be a crust around the sides. Cool in the pan. Cut into squares or (if baked in a round pan) into wedges.
More about "decadent fudge cake recipes"
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 3 hrsServings 8
EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE (MOIST + DECADENT) | SUGAR GEEK SHOW
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE – ALL RECIPES GUIDE
DECADENT CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE RECIPE - SWEET PEA'S …
SUPER DECADENT CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
RECIPES > BAKED GOODS > HOW TO MAKE DECADENT FUDGE CAKE
DECADENT SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE LAYERED CHOCOLATE CAKE W …
CRUST RECIPE WITH DARK CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE
RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE - DECADENT RECIPE FROM SCRATCH
BEST COFFEE TOFFEE FUDGE CAKE RECIPES | EASTER - FOOD NETWORK
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE - WORDPRESS.COM
MARY BERRY'S VERY BEST CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE - THE HAPPY FOODIE
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE - RECIPEJUNGLE
27 EASY DECADENT DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD
MRS. CLAUS' COOKBOOK - DECADENT FUDGE CAKE
27 DECADENT CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
RECIPE FOR DECADENT CHOCOLATE CAKE FUDGE - CREATE THE MOST …
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE | RECIPE | DECADENT CAKES, CHRISTMAS …
DECADENT CHOCOLATE FUDGE - IT'S GUILT FREE! - PAMS DAILY DISH
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE RECIPE - BAKER RECIPES
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE – PAGE 2 – ALL RECIPES GUIDE
DECADENT HOT FUDGE PUDDING CAKE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
DECADENT CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE - MORGAN SISTERS RECIPES
27 OUTRAGEOUSLY DECADENT BUNDT CAKE RECIPES EVERYONE WILL ADORE
SUPER DECADENT FUDGE CAKE RECIPE
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE - TASTEDANDAPPROVED.COM
GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE RECIPE CLASSIC RECIPE WITH …
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE WITH BOURBON-APRICOT FILLING AND CHOCOLATE …
DECADENT CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE – LOCO LOVE CHOCOLATE
BEST FUDGY CHOCOLATE CAKE - CAFE DELITES
DECADENT QUINTUPLE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY LAYER CAKE RECIPES
DECADENT FUDGE CAKE | RECIPE | DECADENT CAKES, DESSERTS, FUDGE …
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #desserts #oven #dinner-party #holiday-event #cakes #chocolate #gifts #equipment #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love