If you no longer eat eggs but have a craving for the retro classic, deviled eggs, you'll really enjoy these deviled tomatoes - a completely vegan rendition.
Provided by Veg Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine the chickpeas, mayonnaise, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, mustard, curry powder, and pepper in a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse on and off until the mixture is nicely melded, but don't puree-leave a little texture.
- Add the chives or scallion through the feed tube and pulse on and off a few times to whirl in.
- If you don't have a food processor, simply mash the chickpeas well in a bowl, and stir in the mayonnaise, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, mustard, curry powder, pepper, and chives.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seedy center with a spoon. You'll be left with a neat shell (save what you've scooped out for another use, such as blending into a juice or sauce).
- Stuff the tomatoes generously with the chickpea mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Arrange on a platter atop a bed of lettuce or baby greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146 kcal, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 215 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 7 g, UnsaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Cut 1/3 slice off top of each tomato.
- Reserve tops for "lids".
- Remove seeds from each tomato.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add garlic, breadcrumbs and chopped parsley; mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cayenne pepper, paprika, mustard, cheese and salt; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into tomatoes and form in neat mounds, pressing gently in shape with fingertips.
- Put reserved "lids" on top.
- Arrange tomatoes, cut sides up, in greased pan, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve hot.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer the bacon to paper towels and reserve the drippings in the skillet. Add the onions, bell peppers, garlic and jalapenos to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scoop the flesh out of the center of the tomatoes and chop, reserving the shells. Add the chopped tomatoes to the skillet and stir in the oregano. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and heat the broiler.
- Put the bread slices in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Top each slice of bread with a tomato half. Divide the vegetable mixture evenly among the tomato halves. Top the tomatoes with the bacon and cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Like deviled eggs, deviled tomatoes are carved and the insides mixed with other ingredients, which are put back inside. Except, the inside of the tomatoes are mixed with vinegar and olive oil rather than mayonnaise!
Provided by Junoir Chef
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Slice the top off of each tomato. Hollow out each tomato with a spoon, leaving a 1/2 to 1/4 inch shell. Place tomato pulp in a large bowl.
- Stir the vinegar and olive oil into the pulp, mixing to break up any large pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Evenly spoon the filling into the tomato shells. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 69.3 calories, Carbohydrate 5.8 g, Fat 5.1 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 7.5 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Halve 2 pounds plum tomatoes lengthwise. Place cut-side up on a baking sheet, season with salt and let stand 20 minutes. Roast in a 250 degrees F oven until slightly dry but still juicy, about 4 hours. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme.
DEVILED TOMATOES RECIPE - (4.6/5)
Provided by á-4939
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the chickpeas, mayonnaise, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, mustard, curry powder, and pepper in a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse on and off until the mixture is nicely melded, but don't puree-leave a little texture. Add the chives or scallion through the feed tube and pulse on and off a few times to whirl in. If you don't have a food processor, simply mash the chickpeas well in a bowl, and stir in the mayonnaise, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, mustard, curry powder, pepper, and chives. Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seedy center with a spoon. You'll be left with a neat shell (save what you've scooped out for another use, such as blending into a juice or sauce). Stuff the tomatoes generously with the chickpea mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve on a platter atop a bed of lettuce or greens.
TOMATES RECHEADOS (PORTUGUESE DEVILED TOMATOES)
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Cut the top off the tomatoes and carefully carve them out.
- Salt and pepper the inside, then turn over and let drip.
- Meanwhile, combine beaten eggs, bread crumbs, garlic and parsley.
- Place tomatoes in a greased oven proof dish and fill with egg-breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake at 390 F for about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
DEVILED EGGS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO
- Halve the eggs lengthwise, force the yolks through a sieve into a bowl, and stir in the minced tomatoes, the mayonnaise, the sour cream, the vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the filling to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch decorative tip and pipe it into the egg-white halves, mounding it. Garnish the stuffed eggs with 2 reserved sun-dried tomatoes, cut into julienne strips, and the parsley.
More about "deviled tomatoes recipes"
DEVILED TOMATOES - BIGOVEN.COM
DEVILED EGG PASTA SALAD | 12 TOMATOES
DEVILED TOMATOES | RECIPE | TOMATO RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD …
17 RECIPES FOR A CAN OF DICED TOMATOES - MOSTLY HOMEMADE MOM
DEVILED TOMATOES RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
DEVILED TOMATOES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
DEVILED TOMATOES - NATURESWEET
OLD-FASHIONED DEVILED TOMATOES – A HUNDRED YEARS AGO
DEVILED TOMATOES | RECIPESTY
DEVILED TOMATOES - COOK WITH JOY
DEVILED TOMATOES | PAULA DEEN
DEVILED TOMATOES | RECIPE | VEGAN APPETIZERS RECIPES, VEGAN …
DEVILED TOMATOES – RECIPES NETWORK
DEVILED TOMATOES -THE MAD SCIENTISTS KITCHEN
DEVILED TOMATOES - TOMATOES
DEVILED TOMATOES PHOTOS RECIPE
30 COLORFUL RECIPES WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES | ALLRECIPES
DEVILED TOMATOES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
DEVILED TOMATOES RECIPE RECIPE
DEVILED TOMATOES RECIPE | RECIPELAND
DEVILED TOMATOES | GARBANZOPALOOZA
DEVILED TOMATOES - CLEVER HOUSEWIFE
DEVILED TOMATOES | PAULA DEEN
DEVILED TOMATOES - LUNCH RECIPES
DEVILED TOMATOES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
DEVILED TOMATOES – AUNT MOMO'S
DEVILED TOMATOES - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SUN-DRIED TOMATO DEVILED EGGS - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
DEVILED TOMATO - VEGANLIFE1.COM
DEVILED EGG SALAD | 12 TOMATOES
400+ CANNED DICED TOMATO RECIPES | READY SET EAT
DEVILED EGGS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
43 RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE WITH A CAN OF DICED TOMATOES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #appetizers #lunch #eggs-dairy #fruit #american #canadian #southern-united-states #oven #easy #beginner-cook #potluck #dinner-party #finger-food #holiday-event #vegetarian #grains #cheese #dietary #spicy #christmas #new-years #thanksgiving #comfort-food #pacific-northwest #valentines-day #inexpensive #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood #to-go #equipment #presentation
You'll also love