A zesty venison jerky that you can make at home in your oven. If you have a food dehydrator, you can dry the jerky in it by following the manufacturer's instructions. You can also reuse the marinade for additional batches.
Provided by MIKE SHELTON
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Slice meat into long strips, 1 inch wide and 1/8 inch thick. In a large releasable plastic bag, combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, ketchup, pepper, garlic powder, onion salt and salt. Place meat in, and close bag. Refrigerate overnight. Knead occasionally, to evenly distribute marinade.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Place a pan on the bottom of oven to catch drips, or line with aluminum foil.
- Place meat strips on a rack so that they do not touch each other, and dehydrate for 6 to 8 hours in the oven, or until desired consistency is achieved.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111.3 calories, Carbohydrate 2.9 g, Cholesterol 48.2 mg, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 13.6 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 786.1 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
DEER (VENISON) JERKY
- Take your meat to the local butcher and have it cut thin.
- You can do this yourself by semi-freezing your meat then cut it into 1/4-inch strips.
- Note: meat cut with the grain will be chewy, and against the grain will be tender.
- Combine everything but the meat in a large bowl and stir well.
- Marinate meat over night in the refrigerator, then drain.
- To use a dehydrator place meat on racks, do not overlap, and let dry for 24-36 hours.
- To use an oven, preheat to 150-degrees then place meat on cookie sheets without overlapping for 8-10 hours.
- Turn at least once during drying.
- They are ready when the jerky bends without breaking.
- Let cool, seal tight, and refrigerate for long-term storage.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 101, Fat 1.8, SaturatedFat 0.7, Cholesterol 63.5, Sodium 922.8, Carbohydrate 1.7, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.5, Protein 18.5
SWEET AND SPICY VENISON JERKY
- Whisk together the sugar, black pepper, onion powder, garlic salt, lemon juice, liquid smoke, paprika, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, teriyaki sauce, and soy sauce in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the venison strips and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Mix the venison a few times as it marinates to ensure even absorption of the marinade.
- Remove the venison strips from the marinade and squeeze off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Arrange the venison on the racks of a food dehydrator so that it does not overlap.
- Dry the venison on High until dry but still pliable, about 4 hours. The jerky should bend without breaking. Store the jerky in an airtight container or in a resealable plastic bag.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207.5 calories, Carbohydrate 22.1 g, Cholesterol 48.2 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 2186.4 mg, Sugar 18.1 g
More about "deer jerky recipes"
SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS DEER JERKY RECIPE - NEW LIFE ON A HOMESTEAD
Reviews 10Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Slice the venison into strips that are about 1/4″ thick (slightly frozen meat will cut more easily than meat that is completely thawed or warm). Try to remove the membranes from the meat if possible, as this can give the jerky a bit more chewiness. Most people don’t notice it, so if you do miss a few pieces of membrane, it’s not a huge deal. You can always cut it out later if you make any mistakes.
- The pieces of venison do not have to be cut into uniform shapes, but if you can, keep the thickness roughly the same, you’ll make easier work for your dehydrator. The pieces will cook more evenly, and the batch will finish in a shorter amount of time.
- Once your meat is sliced, you can prepare your marinade. In a large mixing bowl, stir all of the ingredients together. Then, add meat and let marinate several hours, or overnight. You can marinate in a plastic bag or in a glass container (keep in mind that if you use a plastic bag, these chemicals do have the potential to leach into the meat.
VENISON JERKY RECIPES – JERKY.COM
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SMOKED DEER JERKY RECIPE - Z GRILLS
FOODIE FRIDAY: BEST VENISON JERKY RECIPES | DEER & DEER HUNTING
SMOKED VENISON JERKY | MEATEATER COOK
OUTDOORSMAN VENISON JERKY - LEGENDARY WHITETAIL'S BLOG
GROUND BEEF JERKY RECIPE WITH HAMBURGER OR VENISON
SMOKING HOT! HOW TO MAKE DEER JERKY IN A SMOKER
HOW TO PREPARE DEER JERKY IN A FOOD DEHYDRATOR - RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE DEER JERKY THAT WILL MAKE YOU DROOL IN …
HOW TO MAKE DEER JERKY | OUTDOOR LIFE
10 BEST DEER VENISON JERKY RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST HOMEMADE BEEF JERKY RECIPE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
10 BEEF AND VENISON JERKY RECIPES TO SWITCH IT UP WITH
VENISON JERKY RECIPE: QUICK, EASY, & DELICIOUS
3 EASY DEHYDRATOR JERKY RECIPES FOR SUMMER HIKES AND CAR TRIPS
OLD SCHOOL DEER JERKY RECIPE YOU CAN TAKE PRIDE IN
HOW TO MAKE VENISON JERKY ON A PIT BOSS PELLET GRILL?
DEER JERKY RECIPE | OUTDOOR LIFE
VENISON JERKY | FARMING THE WILD
THE 8 BEST HOMEMADE JERKY RECIPES DEHYDRATOR
DEER JERKY RECIPES – HUNTING TIPS AND TRICKS
DEER JERKY RECIPE - CHIPOTLE VENISON JERKY RECIPE | HANK SHAW
HOW TO MAKE DEER JERKY - VENISON MAKES BETTER JERKY THAN BEEF
HOW TO MAKE DEER JERKY (EASY VENISON JERKY RECIPE)
HOW TO MAKE DEER JERKY AT HOME - THE BEARDED BUTCHERS
MAPLE SYRUP DEER JERKY RECIPE | MEATEATER COOK
GROUND VENISON JERKY - GROUND DEER JERKY RECIPE
DEER JERKY RECIPE - THE FRUGAL FARM WIFE
10 BEST SMOKED VENISON JERKY RECIPES | YUMMLY
RAGE DEER JERKY - JERKYHOLIC
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED VENISON JERKY • THE RUSTIC ELK
BEEF JERKY RECIPES (75+ HOMEMADE JERKY RECIPES) - JERKYHOLIC
MAKING VENISON JERKY IS NOT AS HARD AS YOU MIGHT THINK
DELICIOUS DEER JERKY MARINADE RECIPE | FRUGAL FARM WIFE
DEER JERKY RECIPE FOR BACKPACKING | EXOTIC JERKY FOR THE TRAIL
THE BEST EVER VENISON JERKY RECIPE FOR SNACKING
EASY STEPS ON HOW TO SMOKE A DEER JERKY - FIRE GURUS
SPICY DEER JERKY RECIPE – JERKY.COM
GROUND VENISON RECIPES - 19 EASY RECIPES - WINDING CREEK RANCH
5 BEST VENISON JERKY RECIPES FROM AROUND THE WEB
WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE GROUND VENISON JERKY RECIPE? READ …
DEER JERKY IN THE OVEN - LADY LEE'S HOME
HOW TO MAKE AWESOME SMOKED JERKY ON YOUR MASTERBUILT SMOKER
VENISON JERKY - MASTERBUILT
You'll also love