FENNEL WILD RICE SALAD
This is a salad I invented years ago when my sister's family had to go gluten-free. It has since become a family favorite, and Thanksgiving just isn't the same without our wild rice salad! -Aimee Day, Ferndale, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Rinse wild rice thoroughly; drain. In a small saucepan, combine water and rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 50-55 minutes or until rice is fluffy and tender. Drain if necessary., Transfer rice to a small bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and oil; toss to coat. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 178mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
WILD RICE SALAD
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the wild rice in a medium pot with 4 cups of water and 2 teaspoons of salt and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes, until the rice is very tender. Drain well and place the rice back in the pot. Cover and allow to steam for 10 minutes. While the rice is still warm, place it in a mixing bowl. Peel the oranges with a sharp knife, removing all the white pith. Cut between the membranes and add the orange sections to the bowl with the rice. Add the olive oil, orange juice, raspberry vinegar, grapes, pecans, cranberries, scallions, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper. Allow to sit for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend. Taste for seasonings and serve at room temperature.
NUTTY WILD RICE SALAD
Wild rice is sensational in this chilled salad. The toasted almonds complement the nuttiness of the rice, while red wine vinegar and soy sauce make a tangy dressing. I'll often serve the salad in lettuce cups, and sometimes I'll add diced ham and asparagus to turn it into a main-dish salad.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until tender. Drain; fluff with a fork. Stir in the peas, celery, onions and almonds. , In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
COLD WILD RICE SALAD
- Discard seasoning packets from the rice and place rice in a large saucepan. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, about 25 minutes. Spread rice on a baking sheet to cool.
- While the rice is cooling, toast pine nuts in a dry frying pan over low heat until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to a large bowl.
- Add walnut oil to the same pan, then add walnuts. Toast until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add walnuts to the pine nuts.
- Add cooled rice to the nuts, along with bell peppers, celery, cranberries, and scallions; toss well.
- Blend rice vinegar, basil, Dijon, garlic, and pepper for dressing in a food processor. Slowly drizzle olive oil and walnut oil through the chute with the motor running until combined.
- Add dressing the the rice salad and toss well. Chill for 4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395.3 calories, Carbohydrate 43.5 g, Cholesterol 3.2 mg, Fat 22.1 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 7.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 1296.1 mg, Sugar 8 g
WILD RICE SALAD WITH CELERY AND WALNUTS
I think of this lemony salad as a main dish salad, one that makes a perfect lunch; but it would be a welcome addition to a Thanksgiving table.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield Serves 4 to 6
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring the water or stock to a boil in a large saucepan, add salt to taste and the wild rice. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes, or until the rice is tender and splayed. Drain and toss in a large bowl with the remaining salad ingredients.
- Mix together the lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in the walnut oil, olive oil, and buttermilk or yogurt. Toss with the wild rice mixture. Taste and adjust seasonings, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 235, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 22 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 552 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
ORANGE, FENNEL & WILD RICE SALAD
Use up leftover roasted veg from Christmas dinner, nuts and citrus fruits in this light, bright and fresh rice salad - perfect for a Boxing Day buffet
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Buffet, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the carrots, oil and some seasoning on a large baking tray. Cook for 25-30 mins until tender. While the carrots cook, fill 2 large pans with salted water and bring to the boil. Add the rice to one pan and the lentils to the other. Cook following pack instructions, or until just cooked, then drain and set aside to cool.
- Zest the oranges over a large bowl. Cut away the peel and pith, then cut along each piece of membrane to remove the segments, catching any juices in the bowl. Set the segments aside. Add the ingredients for the dressing to the orange zest and juice, season and whisk.
- When the carrots have cooled a little, add to the dressing with the remaining salad ingredients, including the cooked rice, lentils and orange segments. Toss together and serve on a big platter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 332 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 34 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 17 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
FENNEL RICE SALAD
- Toast fennel seeds in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant and a shade darker, about 2 minutes. Add water and 3/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Add rice and return to a boil, then cook, covered, over low heat until water is absorbed and rice is tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Spread rice in a shallow baking pan and cool quickly by chilling, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate zest from orange into a large serving bowl and squeeze in juice (about 1/3 cup). Whisk in vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Chop 2 tablespoons fronds from fennel, then discard stalks. Quarter bupound lengthwise and thinly slice crosswise.
- Stir fennel bupound and fronds into vinaigrette along with cooled rice, scallions, and salt and pepper to taste.
WILD RICE SALAD
- Place the wild rice in a medium pot with 4 cups of water and 2 teaspoons of salt and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes, until the rice is very tender. Drain well and place the rice back in the pot. Cover and allow to steam for 10 minutes.
- While the rice is still warm, place it in a mixing bowl. Peel the oranges with a sharp knife, removing all the white pith. Cut between the membranes and add the orange sections to the bowl with the rice. Add the olive oil, orange juice, raspberry vinegar, grapes, pecans, cranberries, scallions, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper. Allow to sit for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend. Taste for seasonings and serve at room temperature.
WILD RICE SALAD
- In a large saucepan bring 5 cups salted water to a boil. Add wild rice and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 40 minutes. Drain wild rice and transfer to a bowl to cool. (Chill wild rice, covered, until cold, about 2 hours.)
- In a large bowl combine vegetables, almonds, and raisins and toss with wild rice.
- In a bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste until combined well. Pour dressing over salad and toss well. (Salad may be made 2 days ahead and chilled, covered.)
More about "fennel wild rice salad recipes"
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
TANGERINE SALAD WITH WILD RICE & FENNEL - RACHAEL RAY …
10+ FENNEL SALAD RECIPES WITH LOTS OF FLAVOR | ALLRECIPES
APPLE AND FENNEL WILD RICE SALAD - RECIPES LIST
WILD RICE SALAD | RECIPETIN EATS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH WILD RICE SALAD WITH CRANBERRIES AND …
APPLE AND FENNEL WILD RICE SALAD - RICARDO
4/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Appetizers
- In a saucepan, bring the rice, water and salt to a boil. Cover and let simmer over medium heat for 40 minutes or until the rice bursts open. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Set aside.
- With a mandoline, thinly slice the fennel and place in a bowl. Add the apples, lemon juice and salt. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
FENNEL WILD RICE SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Servings 2Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory LunchCalories 208 per serving
WILD RICE SALAD FOR THANKSGIVING, TWO WAYS - SERIOUS EATS
COLD WILD RICE RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
APPLE AND FENNEL WILD RICE SALAD | RICARDO
WILD RICE SALAD WITH CARAMELIZED FENNEL
ELEGANT COLD WILD RICE SALAD - A WELL-SEASONED KITCHEN®
CURLY KALE AND WILD RICE SALAD WITH SWEET FENNEL AND ... - CARLY …
ARUGULA, DRIED CHERRY AND WILD RICE SALAD - COOKIE AND KATE
ORANGE, FENNEL & WILD RICE SALAD | RECIPE | WILD RICE SALAD RECIPE, …
WILD RICE SALAD WITH MUSHROOMS AND HERBS - MINIMALIST BAKER …
WILD RICE AND FENNEL SALAD - READER'S DIGEST
FENNEL GRATIN WITH WILD RICE VEGAN 🥕🥕 · DELI-DELUXE.COM · EINFACH ...
WILD RICE WITH ROASTED FENNEL AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES RECIPE
APPLE AND FENNEL WILD RICE SALAD | RICARDO | RECIPE | WILD RICE …
WILD RICE SALAD WITH FENNEL, DRIED APRICOTS, AND RADICCHIO
FENNEL GRATIN WITH WILD RICE VEGAN 🥕🥕 - DELI DELUXE
WINTER CITRUS SALAD WITH WILD RICE AND RADICCHIO
WILD RICE SALAD RECIPE – RANCHO GORDO
WILD RICE SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST WILD RICE SALAD RECIPE (VEGAN) - FOOLPROOF LIVING
LEMONY BAKED COD WITH WILD RICE AND FENNEL RECIPE
WILD RICE SUPER SALAD [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
WILD RICE WITH BACON AND FENNEL RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FENNEL WILD RICE SALAD | RECIPE | WILD RICE SALAD, AUTUMN SALAD …
FENNEL WILD RICE SALAD | RECIPE | WILD RICE SALAD, RICE SALAD, WILD ...
FENNEL AND ORANGE RICE SALAD - BARRETT AND THE BOYS
RICE SALAD WITH FENNEL, ORANGE, AND CHICKPEAS - FORKS OVER KNIVES
AMPLE BROWN BETTY | RECIPE | RECIPES, WILD RICE SALAD RECIPE, WILD …
WILD RICE SALAD | FRENCH'S - MCCORMICK
Fennel Wild Rice with Tzatziki // Lunch and Dinner Recipes466 views-00:16
Curry Roasted Fennel Salad | Minimalist Baker Recipes9.8K views-00:59
Cauliflower Rice - Fennel Salad - FlavCity with Bobby131K views-06:30
Simple & Easy Wild rice salad with fresh herbs recipe269 views-04:09
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make wild rice salad?Wild Rice Boil 1 litre/quart+ of water in large saucepan (no need to be exact). Drain then leave to steam dry and cool. Salad Shake Dressing in a jar, set aside for 15 minutes+. Place rocket, rice, cranberries, pecans and green onions in a bowl. Transfer into serving bowl, top with remaining feta and pomegranate.
What are the best fennel salad ingredients?You need fewer than 10 ingredients to make this simple salad: celery, fennel, a tart apple, lime juice, celery, olive oil, walnuts, salt, and pepper. "A refreshing salad with the crisp fennel flavor balanced with red grapefruit, apples, onions, and topped with a citrus dressing and fresh basil," says recipe creator Bean.
How to cook wild rice on the stove?Preparation Bring the water or stock to a boil in a large saucepan, add salt to taste and the wild rice. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes, or until the rice is tender and splayed. Mix together the lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in the walnut oil, olive oil, and buttermilk or yogurt.
What fruit goes well with wild rice salad?While I love the combination of wild rice salad with grapes, cranberries, and oranges mixed in with pecans, you can use other seasonal fruits like pomegranate arils, red grapefruit, and walnuts to give this cold wild rice salad recipe a new look and flavor profile. Can I add some greens into the salad?