This lentil loaf is so flavorful, you won't miss the meat. And it's packed with fiber and nutrients. -Tracy Fleming, Phoenix, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place lentils and broth in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until tender, about 30 minutes., Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with parchment, letting ends extend up sides. Coat paper with cooking spray., In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; saute carrots, onion and mushrooms until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in herbs. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly., Add cheese, rice, egg, egg white, seasonings and lentils to vegetables; mix well. Mix tomato paste and water; spread over loaf., Bake until a thermometer inserted into the center reads 160°, 45-50 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 43mg cholesterol, Sodium 580mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
DELICIOUS LENTIL LOAF
This yummy dish was passed on to me by a British Rectors wife -it is very delicious, high in protein, and serves as a meat replacement - even my Pro-Meat Husband was convinced and now loves it when I serve him lentil loaf and potatoes! This dish is dompletely vegetarian if made with vegetarian bullion.
Provided by monfortmonfort
Yield 1 loaf, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion and carrot until tender. Add lentils and enough boiling water to cover the contents. You may need to add some more water while boiling. Add spices, bullion, and yeast extract. Boil about 30 - 40 minutes. (This time varies depending on the type of lentils you use). The lentils should be soft and the mixture should be thick but still have some water in it -almost like cake mix. Take off heat and stir in grated cheese and eggs. Pour into a loaf pan and bake 35 - 45 minutes at 350F until firm. Serve warm as a main dish or put it on bread for a sandwich.
- You can vary the texture by using different varieties of lentils and can even add pinto or another bean to the mix.
- **It can be made without the yeast extract, but this really adds a flavorful zip.
DELICIOUS LENTIL LOAF
I know nobody expects the words 'lentils' and 'delicious' in the same recipe title, but this lentil loaf is a hit with vegans, vegetarians and even meat-eaters! I've left the glaze open to your own tastes, you can use anything from barbeque sauce to your own mother's meatloaf glaze. Please add your glaze recipes into the comments!
Provided by Julie
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Combine 2 1/2 cups water and lentils in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover saucepan, and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed and lentils are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Mix 1/3 cup water and ground flax seed together in a bowl; set aside until thickened, at least 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion, mushrooms, celery, and garlic until softened and liquid from mushrooms has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan.
- Transfer cooked lentils to a food processor and pulse until about 75 percent of lentils are mashed. Mix onion-mushroom mixture, flax seed-water mixture, oats, flour, basil, black pepper, salt, and onion powder into lentils until well combined. Press lentil mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and barbeque sauce in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir until glaze is smooth and brown sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Bake loaf in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Spread 1/4 cup glaze over lentil loaf; continue baking until cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes more. Serve lentil loaf with remaining glaze on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.9 calories, Carbohydrate 51.3 g, Fat 7.5 g, Fiber 13.5 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 643.4 mg, Sugar 12.6 g
More about "delicious lentil loaf recipes"
MOM'S ULTIMATE VEGETARIAN LENTIL LOAF - AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
4.5/5 (18)Calories 264 per servingCategory Dinner, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- Rinse the lentils in a large mesh strainer. Add 4 cups of water to a large pot with lentils and a dash of salt, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes or until lentils absorb most of the water and become tender. Drain lentils and set aside.
- While the lentils cook: Mix flaxseed meal and 1/3 cup water to a small bowl and place in the refrigerator while you make the rest of the loaf. The flaxseed meal will help bind the loaf together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Place large pan over medium heat and add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Once oil is hot, add in garlic, onion, bell pepper, carrot, jalapeno and cilantro; saute for 5-7 minutes or until onions are translucent and carrots begin to soften a bit.
BEST VEGAN LENTIL MEATLOAF RECIPE - EASY & DELICIOUS!
Cuisine DinnerTotal Time 1 hrCategory RecipesCalories 193 per serving
- Sauté garlic in a heated pan with olive oil until fragrant. Then add the onion and carrot and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
EASY VEGAN LENTIL LOAF RECIPE (VEGAN MEATLOAF) | THE …
Ratings 10Calories 180 per servingCategory Main Course
- Sauté garlic and 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over medium heat until fragrant. Then add onion and carrot and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
LENTIL LOAF - DORA'S DISH - SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS VEGAN RECIPES
5/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Saute onions, carrots, and celery until slightly soft but not too soft. You want to keep all the color you can.
VEGAN LENTIL LOAF (EASY & BAKED) - PLANT.WELL
Reviews 1Calories 328 per servingCategory Entrées
- Chop onion, carrot, mushrooms and celery into small pieces and mince garlic, add everything to a pan over medium heat with the olive oil and cook until soft, about 7-9 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well, add half of the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth**, then add mix well with the unblended half.
THE ULTIMATE VEGETABLE LENTIL LOAF - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
4.9/5 (83)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory EntreeCalories 259 per serving
SURPRISINGLY DELICIOUS LENTIL LOAF (SPICY VERSION) RECIPE ...
Servings 6Calories 234 per serving
MUSHROOM LENTIL LOAF WITH SWEET BALSAMIC GLAZE - WHO NEEDS ...
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hrServings 4Calories 157 per serving
LENTIL LOAF RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
VEGETARIAN LOAF RECIPES: "MEAT" LOAF, NUT LOAF, LENTIL ...
30 DELICIOUS LENTIL RECIPES THAT GO ... - MAKE YOUR BEST MEAL
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Bengali Orange or Red Lentils With Tomato (Masoor Dal) Orange or red split lentils cook quickly, making them ideal for weeknight meals. Enjoy this saucy dish of lentils and tomatoes flavored with green chilies, turmeric, and cumin as a light supper with naan bread or hot buttered wheat toast.
- Lentil Pate. Delight vegetarians at your next party with this stunning, smooth lentil pate that uses canned or cooked dried lentils. The appetizer spread is a snap to prepare in your food processor.
- Vegan Lentil Shepherd's Pie. Vegan shepherd's pie makes a wonderfully comforting, meatless meal on cold winter nights. Your family will love digging their forks into this baked casserole of highly-seasoned, smashed lentils, with a fluffy, browned topping of mashed potatoes made extra-creamy with the addition of soy milk.
- Classic Lentil Soup With Ham. Classic, hearty, slow-simmered lentil soup makes a nutritious weekend lunch, or school lunch for kids packed into a thermos.
- Indian-Style Lamb With Lentils. Enjoy a popular Indian restaurant dish at home with this flavorful, spicy, meaty, one-pot stew with chunks of boneless lamb, tender Indian lentils, chopped tomatoes, and flavorful herbs and spices.
- Gluten-Free Vegan Lentil Loaf. Eating meatless, but missing meatloaf? This tasty vegan loaf with lentils and rice makes an excellent, protein-packed substitute.
- Vegetarian Moroccan Lentils. Lentils are a classic ingredient in Morocco, where they are typically cooked with tomatoes and fragrant spices. Serve these zesty, saucy stewed legumes for an inexpensive, filling vegetarian entree, stirring in a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar at the end of cooking, for added zing.
- Lemon, Kale, and Lentil Soup. Lemony lentil and potato soup makes an easy lunch, or a flavorful way to kick off game day parties. This recipe makes enough to serve a crowd, and freezes well, so you can stock leftovers for reheating any time you crave a warming bowl of soup.
- Burmese Khow Suey. Burmese khow suey is a tasty, tangy, nutritious concoction of soft egg noodles, spicy chicken, mashed yellow lentils, hard-cooked eggs, creamy coconut milk, greens, and aromatic Indian spices.
- Vegan Lentil Meatballs With Gluten-Free Flour. Lentil meatballs offer the same satisfying mouth-feel as "real" meatballs, and are super yummy, but come with the added benefits of being entirely meat-free, dairy-free, and egg-free.
LENTIL LOAF - AN EASY VEGAN SUNDAY ROAST - THINLYSPREAD.CO.UK
4.3/5 (3)Total Time 1 hrCategory Main CourseCalories 212 per serving
LENTIL LOAF RECIPE (GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN WALNUT "MEATLOAF")
5/5 (7)Calories 289 per servingCategory Main Course
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread out the lentils in an even layer on a baking sheet (parchment paper optional for easier cleanup). Roast for about 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes, or until the lentils start to dry out and split open. They should feel firm to the touch, but not yet crunchy. After baking, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic with a little pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent and the carrot pieces are starting to soften, about 6-8 minutes. Add the walnuts to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes or until slightly toasted. Finally, stir in the paprika, poultry seasoning, and black pepper, and cook for 30 seconds until aromatic. Remove from the heat.
- Add the entire saute mixture to your food processor and pulse a few times to break into smaller pieces. Then add the rice cakes and toasted lentils, pulsing again to break into small crumbs, stirring and scraping down the sides if needed. Add the rest of the blender mixture ingredients and the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil, and pulse until evenly combined. You should be able to pinch the mixture between your fingers and have it stick together, but it shouldn't be completely pureed.
- Turn up the oven to 375 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Spread the mixture from the food processor into the loaf pan and press it down to form an even layer. Bake for 25 minutes.
VEGAN MEATLOAF (EASY LENTIL LOAF) - DETOXINISTA
4.8/5 (57)Total Time 1 hrCategory Main CourseCalories 166 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. (I like to use a spray oil on the pan first, so that the parchment paper will stick in place.)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Stir occasionally until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a the bowl of a large food processor fitted with an "S" blade, combine the cooked lentils, oats, walnuts, flax, tamari, thyme, cayenne, salt, and several grinds of black pepper. When the vegetables are tender, add them in, too.
- Pulse several times, just until the mixture starts to stick together when you press it between your fingers. You don't want it totally smooth, for the best texture. (See the photos in this post for reference.)
VEGAN LENTIL LOAF | MEATLOAF ALTERNATIVE | DELICIOUS EVERYDAY
5/5 (1)Total Time 32 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 388 per serving
- Place 1 ½ cups of the cooked lentils, along with the garlic, onion, and seasonings, in a food processor. Blend until well combined.
OUR 15 BEST LENTIL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Hayley SuggEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
LENTIL LOAF - MY VEGAN COOKBOOK
Calories 225Fat 7.5gCarbohydrates 30gServings 6 Serving Size 3/4 Inch Slice
VEGAN MEATLOAF MUFFINS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DELICIOUS LENTIL LOAF RECIPE - HEALTHY MEAL PREP
LENTIL AND RICE LOAF RECIPE | DR. MCDOUGALL
DELICIOUS LENTIL LOAF RECIPE - ALL RECIPES
DELICIOUS LENTIL LOAF | RECIPESTY
DELICIOUS LENTIL LOAF RECIPE
EASY LENTIL LOAF - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
DELICIOUS LENTIL LOAF - VEGAN - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #beans #oven #easy #diabetic #dietary #gluten-free #comfort-food #inexpensive #lentils #free-of-something #taste-mood #equipment #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make lentil Loaf?A simple recipe for lentil loaf. It is easy to slice, moist, textured and packed full of flavour. This vegan roast is just as at home on the Christmas dinner table as it is in the garden for a summer supper. Put lentils and water into a large saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer.
Is lentil Loaf vegan?I know nobody expects the words 'lentils' and 'delicious' in the same recipe title, but this lentil loaf is a hit with vegans, vegetarians and even meat-eaters! I've left the glaze open to your own tastes, you can use anything from barbeque sauce to your own mother's meatloaf glaze.
How to cook lentils in a pan?Combine lentils and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups cooked lentils, bread, eggs, broth, tomato paste, basil, garlic powder, black pepper, parsley, olive oil, and dry soup mix. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
How to make lentil loaf with Worcestershire sauce?The first step in making this delicious lentil loaf is to sauté your onions, carrots, celery, and mushrooms until they begin to soften and release their juices. Then we add our umami builders like tomato paste and vegan Worcestershire sauce. Traditional Worcestershire sauce uses anchovies to build umami, so I like to use this vegan brand instead.