Make Alton Brown's foolproof Creme Brulee recipe, a French classic with vanilla bean and caramelized sugar, from Good Eats on Food Network.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the cream, vanilla bean and its pulp into a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Remove the vanilla bean and reserve for another use.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup sugar and the egg yolks until well blended and it just starts to lighten in color. Add the cream a little at a time, stirring continually. Pour the liquid into 6 (7 to 8-ounce) ramekins. Place the ramekins into a large cake pan or roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake just until the creme brulee is set, but still trembling in the center, approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins from the roasting pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days. Remove the creme brulee from the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes prior to browning the sugar on top. Divide the remaining 1/2 cup vanilla sugar equally among the 6 dishes and spread evenly on top. Using a torch, melt the sugar and form a crispy top. Allow the creme brulee to sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Pour the cream into a saucepan over medium-low heat. Scrape the vanilla caviar from the vanilla bean and add it to the cream (or add the vanilla extract if using instead). Bring almost to the boil, and then turn off the heat.
- Place the egg yolks in a large bowl and add 3/4 cup sugar. With a whisk, mix the eggs and sugar together. Now, break out your elbow grease and take a deep breath. You're going to need to whisk the mixture like crazy for 3 or 4 minutes, until it's very light yellow in color.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl. Pour the hot cream into the bowl through the strainer.
- To temper the egg mixture, very slowly drizzle 1 cup of the hot cream into the egg/sugar mixture, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking. Continue adding the rest of the hot cream to the bowl very slowly, whisking constantly. You can add the cream a little more rapidly as the mixture warms.
- Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet and ladle in the custard until the ramekins are three-quarters full.
- Place the baking sheet inside the oven, and then pour water into the baking sheet until it reaches two-thirds of the way up the ramekins.
- Bake until the custard is set but not brown, 35 to 40 minutes, watching carefully to avoid browning.
- Remove the ramekins and allow to cool. Refrigerate the custards, covered, for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve the dessert, sprinkle the top of each custard generously with superfine sugar. Use a kitchen torch to burn the sugar to a crisp, working quickly to avoid cooking the custard below. (You may also place the ramekins on a pan and put them right under the broiler, but you have to be careful not to affect the custard below.)
- Serve immediately with spoons.
PUMPKIN CRèME BRûLéE
This pumpkin crème brûlée is the perfect dessert for a special meal, and it's surprisingly easy and convenient. Add this dessert to your holiday menu.
Provided by Diana Rattray
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 300 F. Place 6 ramekins in a large baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the heavy cream, milk or half-and-half, brown sugar, and spices. Cook, stirring, until the mixture is hot and just begins to simmer. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks in a small bowl with the granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- While whisking constantly, pour about 3/4 cup of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks. Whisk until smooth. Return the egg yolk and cream mixture to the saucepan and whisk to blend. Whisk in the pumpkin until well blended.
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl and pour the pumpkin custard mixture through the sieve into the bowl.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Pour the pumpkin cream mixture into the ramekins. Pour the boiling water into the outer pan until it is about halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes. The custards will still have a slight jiggle when done.
- Place the ramekins on a rack to cool and discard the water. When the ramekins are cooled to room temperature, place them back in the empty pan. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of superfine or raw sugar over each pumpkin crème brûlée. Using a kitchen torch , carefully melt the sugar until golden brown while turning the ramekin to brown the topping evenly. The ramekins will become hot from the torch, so use an oven mitt to turn the custards as you melt the sugar. The topping will harden in a minute or two.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383 kcal, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 286 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, Sodium 123 mg, Sugar 24 g, Fat 27 g, ServingSize 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
HOMEMADE CRèME BRûLéE RECIPE BY TASTY
- Heat heavy cream and vanilla extract in a sauce pan until hot, but not boiling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and half of sugar until well mixed. Pour in the hot cream gradually, mixing continually.
- Pour hot water into a large roasting pan. Place six ramekins into the pan (the water should come roughly halfway up the sides of the ramekins).
- Pour the egg mixture into the ramekins and bake at 325˚F (165˚C) for 45 - 50 minutes. The crème brûlée should be set, but still a little jiggly in the middle.
- Remove the ramekins from the roasting pan, allow to cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours and up to three days.
- Remove the crème brûlée from the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before browning the sugar on top. Spread a tablespoon of sugar on top of each crème brûlée.
- Using a torch, melt the sugar to for a crispy top. If you don't have a torch, you can broil the crème brûlée to melt the sugar. Keep an eye on it, to make sure you don't over cook it. Allow the crème brûlée to sit for at least five minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 747 calories, Carbohydrate 29 grams, Fat 75 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 13 grams, Sugar 29 grams
SIMPLE CREME BRULEE DESSERT
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk 3 tablespoons sugar and cream in a microwave-safe bowl until well combined; heat the mixture in microwave until warm, 1 to 2 minutes, and whisk again to dissolve sugar. Whisk in egg yolks and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour cream mixture into 2 ramekins. Set ramekins into a roasting pan and pour in enough hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until creme desserts are set but still slightly jiggly when shaken, about 50 minutes. Remove ramekins from hot water and chill in refrigerator until cold, at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar evenly over the top of each dessert. Use a kitchen torch to lightly toast and melt the sugar topping until brown and bubbly, about 30 seconds. Let the sugar topping cool before serving. To serve, use a spoon to crack the crisp sugar open to reveal the creamy dessert underneath.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 612 calories, Carbohydrate 35.5 g, Cholesterol 470.3 mg, Fat 50.6 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 29.8 g, Sodium 57.2 mg, Sugar 31.6 g
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Beat egg yolks, 4 tablespoons white sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until thick and creamy.
- Pour cream into a saucepan and stir over low heat until it almost comes to boil. Remove the cream from heat immediately. Stir cream into the egg yolk mixture; beat until combined.
- Pour cream mixture into the top pan of a double boiler. Stir over simmering water until mixture lightly coats the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Remove mixture from heat immediately and pour into a shallow heat-proof dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a small bowl combine remaining 2 tablespoons white sugar and brown sugar. Sift this mixture evenly over custard. Place dish under broiler until sugar melts, about 2 minutes. Watch carefully so as not to burn.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate until custard is set again.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 561.4 calories, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 416.7 mg, Fat 50.1 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 29.3 g, Sodium 55.3 mg, Sugar 20.4 g
"DIAMOND" CREME BRULEE
A bunch of us were sitting around in the Gatehouse of the Residence Inn - Cedar Rapids (IA). One of the ladies was joking about turning her husband into a diamond when he died. We were trying to think of something with a REALLY high fat content that was high in calcium for better bone structure. Hence, Diamond Creme Brulee, all of the calcium and twice the fat!
Provided by franzcooks
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar in a large Stainless Steel or glass bowl.
- Place the bowl over a large 3 or 4 quart saucepan filled with simmering water.
- With the heat on low, whisk the mixture vigorously and continuously until you can form ribbons. This is where you can lift the whisk out of the mixture, write your name, and it doesn't disappear for about 5 to 10 seconds. This can take as long as 30 minutes. My son and I used a Black and Decker Gizmo and it took about 15 minutes but was somewhat messy.
- Slowly whisk in the cream.
- Split and scrape the vanilla beans into the mixture. Put the vanilla beans in there too.
- Stir often with the whisk until the mixture can coat a spoon with only a slow drip. It will be about the consistency of vegetable oil.
- Remove the custard from the stove and whisk in the butter, one pat at a time.
- When the butter is fully melted, strain the mixture through a sieve and transfer it into ramekins or custard cups. Be sure to leave about ½ inch for the last step. You can transfer it into a bowl and chill first before putting it in ramekins.
- Place in refrigerator until cold.
- Remove the cups from the refrigerator and sprinkle sugar on top until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Heat the tops of the custard with a kitchen torch until the sugar is caramelized. (I've heard you can do this in a broiler, but I've never tried. The torch is too much fun.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 648.2, Fat 48.1, SaturatedFat 29.1, Cholesterol 317.6, Sodium 128.8, Carbohydrate 52.9, Sugar 50.2, Protein 4.5
ALMOND CREME BRULEE
- Heat cream in a heavy saucepan.
- Add granulated sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Beat egg yolks until light and creamy.
- Add t he hot cream to the egg yolks gradually, whipping constantly with a wire whisk (not an electric beater). Stir in remaining ingredients except the brown sugar.
- Pour into a 6-cup souffle dish, and sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, or until custard tests done. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES : This is not for anyone on a low cal, low fat, or low cholesterol diet.
More about "diamond creme brulee recipes"
49 CREME BRûLéE RECIPES THAT WILL KNOCK THE SOCKS OFF …
Reviews 1Published 2016-10-14Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Classic. Fine Cooking has a simple recipe to follow for those looking to learn how to make a classic creme brûlée. Delight your guests at the next dinner party with one of these!
- Without A Torch. Over at Sophisticated Gourmet you can learn how to make a creme brûlée dessert without the use of a torch. Fly over now and see how it works!
- Brownies. You can even whip up some brownies with a bout of creme brûlée style. Find out all the details at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.
- Dark Chocolate. If you’re a chocolate lover, you’ll want to visit Half Baked Harvest and learn how to whip up one of these dark chocolate concoctions.
- Filled Strawberries. You can even learn how to fill up some strawberries with a delicious and sweet creme brulee filling. These would be great to serve up at a party.
- Snickerdoodle. Hop on over to Taste and Tell to grab the recipe for this indulgent snickerdoodle creme brûlée. You’ll love every bite of this cozy treat.
- Lemon. This one has an extra tart flavor thrown in the mix of its sweetness. Lemon is a great way to round out this crispy and creamy dessert. Find it at At The Picket Fence.
- Slow Cooker. Learn how to use the slow cooker for your creme brûlée dessert. We love this idea and you can snag the details at The Chic Site.
- Candied Peaches. Feast on the Cheap grabbed some peaches and threw them in on this sweet recipe. Follow the tutorial after the jump!
- Coconut. Over at Chocolate & Carrots you’ll learn how to lighten up your dessert with some coconut. We love this sweet summertime flavor addition.
HOW TO MAKE EASY CREME BRULEE RECIPE | THE RECIPE …
THIS EASY CREME BRULEE IS TAKING OVER THE INTERNET …
HOW TO MAKE CREME BRULEE – EASY RECIPE USING …
HOW TO MAKE CRèME BRûLéE: STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL - THE …
CRèME BRûLéE | RICARDO
CLASSIC CREME BRULEE RECIPE (IN JUST 5 STEPS)
CRèME BRûLéE - HOME COOKING ADVENTURE
CLASSIC CRèME BRûLéE RECIPE | GET CRACKING
CRèME BRûLéE DONUTS – MESS IN THE KITCHEN
THE VERY BEST CREME BRûLéE RECIPE - THE SUBURBAN …
CREME BRULEE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
S'MORE CRéME BRûLéE | DIAMOND ADVENTURES WITH …
CRèME BRûLéE (FRENCH VANILLA CUSTARD) | RECIPETIN EATS
5 INGREDIENT CREME BRULEE RECIPE - SPLASH OF TASTE
CRèME BRûLéE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
"DIAMOND" CREME BRULEE (KITCHENPC)
CARAMEL CRèME BRULéE | CANADIAN GOODNESS - DAIRY FARMERS OF …
CRèME BRûLéE DOUGHNUTS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
THIS MONTH'S RECIPES | ANNA OLSON
RESEP KOPI CREME BRULEE, MANISNYA COCOK TEMANI NUGAS
VANILLA CREME BRULEE RECIPE - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
CREME BRULEE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
CRèME BRûLéE - MY COUNTRY TABLE
EASY CLASSIC CRèME BRûLéE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
BEST ALTON BROWN'S CREME BRULEE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
CLASSIC VANILLA CREME BRULEE RECIPE | ALTON BROWN
ALMOND CRèME BRûLéE - HONEST COOKING - RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CREME BRûLéE (DAIRY-FREE) - LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN
CRèME BRûLéE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
10 BEST CREME BRULEE FLAVORS RECIPES | YUMMLY
VANILLA CREME BRULEE - VERONIKA'S KITCHEN
80 MINUTE TIMER RECIPE DIAMOND CREME BRULEE - WEBETUTORIAL
EASY CRèME BRûLéE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CREME BRULEE: CLASSIC PERFECTION! JUST 5 INGREDIENTS ... - BAKING A …
CRèME BRûLéE - RECIPES MADE WITH LOVE
CRÈME BRÛLÉE -THE BEST AND THE SIMPLEST DESSERT
CLASSIC VANILLA CREME BRULEE WITH FRESH FRUIT
BEST VEGETABLE RECIPES BLOG: "DIAMOND" CREME BRULEE
You'll also love