DILL PICKLE SOUP
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Whisk in flour, and cook until the flour just begins to turn from white to a pale beige, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth until thickened and smooth. Increase heat to medium high, add dill pickles, pickle juice, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion salt, dill weed, curry powder, white pepper, and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes, whisking frequently. Remove from heat and whisk in milk. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 104.3 calories, Carbohydrate 13.7 g, Cholesterol 12.5 mg, Fat 4.2 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 1116.6 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
POLISH DILL PICKLE SOUP
Memories! An other dish my Momma made! Yes jar pickles are used! Very Inexpensive for when times are hard! Instant flour http://www.ochef.com/21.htm
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan or soup pot with cover, combine stock, pickles, pickle liquid & potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook covered, over low heat until potatoes start to get soft (about 10 minutes).
- Combine flour and milk, add to broth, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Combine egg and butter and stir into broth.
- Return pot to the stove and heat through without boiling. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with sour cream and or dill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 78.5, Fat 3.8, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 28.1, Sodium 514.1, Carbohydrate 9.1, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 1, Protein 2.5
DILL PICKLE SOUP
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine 5 cups water, the butter, the carrots and potatoes in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender. Add the pickles and continue to boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, sour cream and salt in a separate bowl. Add enough water to make a paste, then slowly, to avoid curdling, add the mixture to the soup to thicken. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Add pickle juice, to taste.
DILL PICKLE SOUP
This soup is made from a century-old Swiss recipe. Traditionally it is a winter soup, but we serve it year-round because of the demand.-Nancy Ross, Salem, Oregon More Pickle Recipes»
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth and wine until blended. Stir pickles, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, dill, curry powder, pepper and bay leaves. , Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in milk. Remove bay leaves. If desired, stir in food coloring and serve with croutons.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264 calories, Fat 20g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 1579mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
CHICKEN-DILL PICKLE SOUP
- Preheat the oven to 375˚ F. Microwave 3 tablespoons butter in a microwave-safe bowl until melted, about 1 minute. Toss with the bread cubes on a baking sheet; spread in a single layer. Bake, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, chicken broth, 1 cup pickles and 2 cups water; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir the dill and 1 tablespoon pickle brine into the soup; season with salt and pepper. Add more pickle brine to taste. Divide the soup among bowls and top with the croutons, the remaining 1/4 cup pickles and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490, Fat 30 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Cholesterol 84 milligrams, Sodium 947 milligrams, Carbohydrate 44 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 23 grams, Sugar 4 grams
More about "dill pickle soup recipes"
DILL PICKLE SOUP - NOBLE PIG
Ratings 88Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- In a large pot, combine broth, potatoes, carrots and butter. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender. Add pickles and continue to boil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sour cream and water, making a paste. Vigorously whisk sour cream mixture (2 Tablespoons at a time) into soup. (This will also break up some of your potatoes which is okay. You might see some initial little balls of flour form, but between the whisking and boiling all will disappear. Don't panic.)
- Add pickle juice, Old Bay, salt (*see below), pepper and cayenne. Cook 5 more minutes and remove from heat. Serve immediately.
ZUPA OGóRKOWA: POLISH CREAMY DILL PICKLE SOUP RECIPE
4.4/5 (199)Total Time 45 minsCategory Side Dish, Lunch, Appetizer, SoupCalories 354 per serving
DILL PICKLE SOUP - HOT ROD'S RECIPES
10 BEST CREAM DILL PICKLE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY SLOW-COOKER DILL PICKLE SOUP RECIPE
DILL PICKLE SOUP (VEGAN AND GLUTEN FREE) - CROWDED …
THIS DILL PICKLE SOUP IS A PLAY ON THE POLISH CLASSIC
POLISH DILL PICKLE SOUP - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
DILL PICKLE SOUP (POLISH ZUPPA OGóRKOWA) - LAVENDER
DILL PICKLE SOUP - THE WINE LOVER'S KITCHEN
WHAT YOU'RE CRAVING: DILL PICKLE SOUP | ALLRECIPES
DILL PICKLE SOUP | RICARDO
DILL PICKLE SOUP - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
KETO DILL PICKLE SOUP RECIPE - LOWCARB-OLOGY
DILL PICKLE SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
DILL PICKLE SOUP | FOODBYMARIA RECIPES
DILL PICKLE SOUP - CLOSET COOKING
POLISH POTATO AND DILL PICKLE SOUP - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
DILL PICKLE CHIP SOUP - PLANTYOU
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
DILL PICKLE SOUP (TRADITIONAL POLISH RECIPE) - EATING EUROPEAN
DILL PICKLE SOUP - MAMA LOVES FOOD
DILL PICKLE SOUP - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
DILL PICKLE SOUP · JUST THAT PERFECT PIECE
DILL PICKLE SOUP - THE RECIPE REBEL
HOW TO MAKE DILL PICKLE SOUP - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
DILL PICKLE SOUP - HUNGRY FOODIE
SLOW COOKER DILL PICKLE SOUP RECIPE | CALGARY CO-OP
DILL PICKLE SOUP WITH SHREDDED CHICKEN- ZUPA OGóRKOWA
DILL PICKLE SOUP - COOKING BORSCHT
DILL PICKLE SOUP - CAMPBELLS FOOD SERVICE CANADA
DILL PICKLE SOUP ~ AUTHENTIC POLISH RECIPE ~ A GOUDA LIFE
DELICIOUS DILL PICKLE SOUP - IN 15 MINUTES - COOKTHESTORY
HUCKLEBERRY'S DILL PICKLE SOUP RECIPE
ZUPA OGóRKOWA (POLISH DILL PICKLE SOUP RECIPE) - AN EDIBLE MOSAIC™
DILL PICKLE SOUP RECIPE | LITEHOUSE DILLY DIP DRESSING & DIP
CREAMY DILL PICKLE SOUP RECIPE - SELF PROCLAIMED FOODIE
CREAMY DILL PICKLE SOUP (ZUPA OGóRKOWA) – SKINNY SPATULA
DILL PICKLE SOUP RECIPE - VALENTINA'S CORNER
EASY DILL PICKLE SOUP - SWEET CS DESIGNS
DILL PICKLE SOUP - SAVOR THE FLAVOUR
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #soups-stews #easy #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something
Love & Best Dishes: Polish Dill Pickle Soup Recipe38K views-18:56
Polish Food - Dill Pickle Soup - Polish Cuisine53K views-05:21
Dill Pickle Soup | Delish19K views-00:59
CBeebies Recipes | Polish Dill Pickle Soup54K views-02:20
Making Dill Pickle Soup2.5K views-09:57
Dill Pickle Soup55 views-08:37
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make pickled pickle soup?It will become a staple in your household. In a large pot, combine broth, potatoes, carrots and butter. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender. Add pickles and continue to boil. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sour cream and water, making a paste. Vigorously whisk sour cream mixture (2 Tablespoons at a time) into soup.
How do you make pickled carrots and Dill soup?Reduce to low and cook covered, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender. While the soup simmers chop the dill and slice some pickle for garnish. Remove soup from heat. Stir in 1 cup of the Greek yogurt. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with dollops of yogurt, chopped dill, and sliced pickles.
How do you cook pickled dill pickles?Add the broth and the dill pickles. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 20 minutes. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. While stirring, add the flour and cook until the mixture turns pale gold. Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
How do you cook Dill soup in a crock pot?This soup should be a smooth soup, not chunky. Place into the crockpot and add the dill. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the vegetables are tender and falling apart. Around half an hour before serving, add in the pickle and the pickle juice.