BAKED CAKE DONUTS
While cake donuts are traditionally fried, they're just as delicious baked in the oven, with far less cleanup. Toss in powdered sugar or finish with a simple glaze and sprinkles or toasted coconut -- you can't go wrong!
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 12
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly brush two standard donut pans with butter. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat butter and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to medium; add eggs and vanilla, beating until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with milk, and beat just until combined.
- Transfer batter to a piping bag or a resealable plastic bag, and snip a 1/2-inch hole in one corner of bag. Divide mixture evenly between prepared pans. Bang pans several times on counter to release air bubbles.
- Bake until tops of donuts spring back when lightly pressed, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. To decorate, see Variations below.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and nutmeg. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, butter, and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a deep heavy skillet or deep-fryer to 370 degrees F (185 degrees C). On a floured board, roll chilled dough out to 1/2 inch thickness. Use a 3 inch round cutter to cut out doughnuts. Use a smaller cutter to cut holes from center. If you do not have a small cutter, use the mouth of a bottle.
- Fry doughnuts in hot oil until golden brown, turning once. Remove from oil to drain on paper plates. Combine the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar in a large resealable bag. Place a few warm donuts into the bag at a time, seal and shake to coat.
BIRTHDAY CAKE DOUGHNUT
These crispy, cakey doughnuts were meant to be frosted. Make the doughnuts a day in advance of your celebration and store in an airtight container. The frostings can be made ahead as well: Just refrigerate, let come to room temperature and then whip with an electric mixer until smooth. Frost, decorate and serve-no cake cutting required!
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 doughnuts
Number Of Ingredients 24
- For the doughnuts: Trace twelve 3-inch circles on a piece of parchment paper, flip the paper over and line a baking sheet. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Fit a pastry bag with a 1/2-inch-round pastry tip.
- Whisk together the flour, confetti sprinkles, baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine the granulated sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or in a large bowl if using a handheld electric mixer). Beat on medium-high speed until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to beat until incorporated and pale, about 2 minutes. Adjust the speed to medium-low and add the flour mixture and milk in batches, beginning and ending with the flour. Continue to mix until smooth and well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Transfer the batter to the prepared pastry bag.
- Pipe the dough over the circle patterns on the parchment paper. Refrigerate while the oil heats up.
- Fill a medium Dutch oven or pot with about 2 inches of oil and bring to 340 degrees F over medium heat. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Cut the parchment paper around each doughnut, leaving a border. Use the paper border to carefully place 2 doughnuts at a time into the oil face first, then carefully remove the paper with tongs. Fry the doughnuts until golden, turning, 1 1/2 minutes per side. Remove the doughnuts with a slotted spoon to the paper towels. Repeat with the remaining doughnuts. Cool completely. Store at room temperature in an airtight container up to a day in advance.
- For the chocolate frosting. Combine the cocoa powder, butter, vanilla and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or in a large bowl if using a handheld electric mixer). Mix on low speed until combined. Add the confectioners' sugar and milk, and continue to mix on low speed. Once the mixture is mostly combined, increase the speed to medium-high and mix until smooth. Use immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days. Allow to come to room temperature and mix on medium-high until smooth.
- For the malted vanilla frosting. Combine the malted milk powder, butter, vanilla and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or in a large bowl if using a handheld electric mixer). Mix on low speed until combined. Add the confectioners' sugar and milk, and continue to mix on low speed. Once the mixture is mostly combined, increase the speed to medium-high and mix until smooth. Use immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days. Allow to come to room temperature and mix on medium-high until smooth.
- Frost the doughnuts with your favorite icing, or a combination, sprinkle with confetti sprinkles and decorate with candles if using.
GIANT VANILLA DONUT CAKE
There's something sweetly nostalgic about vanilla birthday cake-though this guy has a little more flavor than the shop-bought fondant versions I remember as a kid and is super fun to make. Also, who doesn't want a giant donut for their birthday, amirite?
Recipe From epicurious.com
Provided by Vicky Graham
Yield Makes 1 (23 cm/9 in) cake
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF/Gas 4) and liberally grease the savarin tin (mold) with butter.
- Put the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding a spoonful of flour with each egg. Gently fold in the rest of the flour, baking powder and salt, trying not to overwork it. Add the milk if it seems stiff.
- Place the mixture into the cake tin and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until skewer or cocktail stick inserted in the centre should comes out clean. Leave to cool before transferring to a wire rack.
- Place the icing sugar, vanilla bean paste and half the milk into a bowl and stir.
- Gradually add the rest of the milk, while mixing, until you end up with a smooth mixture. Add a drop of pink food coloring. Mix together and set aside.
- To make the giant sprinkles, divide the fondant into 4 even pieces and color each one with each of the shades of food coloring.
- Using the palms of your hands, make small sausage shapes of around 1 1/4 cm (1/2 in) width with each of the colors. With a sharp knife, cut 3 cm (1 1/4 in) lengths from each sausage shape to make giant sprinkles.
- Turn the cooled cake out onto a stand or dish. Give the icing a quick stir then pour it over the cake. Be quick and confident with it-you don't want it to begin to set before you've finished covering the cake, otherwise lumps will form. If the icing seems too thick, warm it up a little either in the microwave for a few seconds or in a pan on a low heat.
- While the icing is still damp, press the fondant sprinkles onto the cake in a random formation.
- Let the icing set before slicing up to serve!
DONUT BIRTHDAY CAKE
This is great for kids although it is my married son Paul and his wife Wendy that request this for their birthdays instead of a traditional birthday cake.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Ninna
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Place five donuts on a large plate in a circle and pipe cream into each hole.
- Add another row by topping with four more donuts and pipe cream into each of them as well.
- Add three more layers, including one donut for the top.
- Pipe cream into holes and fill in gaps all around the cake, decorate with strawberries and add the birthday candles.
People also searched
More recipes about "donut birthday cake recipes"
DONUT CAKE, AN EASY & DELICIOUS RECIPE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
Combine milk, melted butter and eggs in bowl. Set aside. STEP 3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in bowl. Add milk mixture; stir just until combined. …
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in bowl. Add milk mixture; stir just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a few moist crumbs cling to toothpick inserted near center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto serving plate; cool completely.
THE EASIEST DONUT CAKE | JULIE BLANNER
2017-01-04 · Donut Cake Ingredients. Cake Flour – Cake flour is a softer strain of wheat as opposed to all-purpose flour, meaning it will produce a more tender cake. Swans Down is my favorite brand. Baking Powder – The leavening that helps make this donut cake rise to new heights!; Salt – Fine sea salt is my preference for all baking recipes…
BIRTHDAY DONUT CAKE | THE BAKERMAMA
2020-12-30 · Birthday Donut Cake. Celebrate someone special’s birthday with a super-fun, super-customizable Birthday Donut Cake! It’s been a sweet tradition in our family for years and I’m excited to share how we make them! If you’ve been here for a while, you know my deep, deep love for donuts…
ICEBOX DOUGHNUT BIRTHDAY CAKE RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
2013-12-11 · Cut the doughnuts in half horizontally, making 2 thin circular halves. Line the side of the pan with 8 doughnut halves, standing them up vertically with the cut sides facing in. Line the bottom with 4 halves, cut-side up; break 1 doughnut half into pieces to fill any gaps. Spread 1/3 of the whipped cream filling on top of the doughnuts.
15 BEST DONUT CAKE IDEAS—HOW TO MAKE A DONUT CAKE
2020-07-15 · The second style of donut cake is the bundt cake. You can get a bundt cake to resemble a donut by using a non-fluted style bundt pan. Finish these cakes …
10 BEST BAKED CAKE DOUGHNUTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-12 · Baked Birthday Cake Doughnuts Recipe Girl half-and-half cream, unsalted butter, baking powder, vanilla extract and 10 more Baked Chocolate Cake Doughnuts Lara Feroni
See details ››
11 UNIQUE DONUT CAKES TO LEVEL UP YOUR BIRTHDAY | LET'S ...
- Absolutely Epic Krispy Kreme Doughnut Cake. This donut cake from Broma Bakery deserves its name. Piling up a bunch of Krispy Kreme donuts and topping them off with whipped cream and chocolate fudge sauce feels more like a scene from The Cat in the Hat than a recipe, but either way, we’re here for it.
- Birthday Cake with Donuts. Belgian baker Ann Bakt made a classic birthday cake and topped it off with doughnuts. If you replace candles with donuts, you won’t be reminded of how old you are, and you don’t have to eat melted wax.
- Pink Jumbo D’oh!nut Cake. Good news for US residents: you can get this donut cake delivered from Goldbelly! It features three layers of jumbo donuts stuffed with vanilla buttercream and topped with pink icing and sprinkles.
- Ice Cream Cone Donut Cake. Allie’s Donuts in Rhode Island are famous for their donut cakes and will make them in pretty much any shape you request, including a fish, a Tom Brady goat, and a unicorn.
- Giant Texas Doughnut Cake. Everything’s bigger in Texas. Or, in this case, North Carolina. Suarez Bakery in Charlotte makes these giant three-layer doughnut cakes in a variety of flavors.
- Sour Cream Donut Cake. This donut cake from Buttermilk by Sam is what our cake fantasies are made of. Just layer crispy fried doughnuts on top of a moist sour cream cake for a taste that’s melt-in-your-mouth heavenly.
- Giant Pink Donut Cake. This one is more of a cake shaped like a donut than a cake made of donuts. This recipe from The Baker Upstairs is a super easy option perfect for any special occasion like our birthday.
- Gold Donut Cake. This DIY donut cake recipe from Wilton is really all about the decorations. If you’re having this as your birthday cake, go all out with cool sprinkles and candles, ‘cause it’s your birthday and you can eat donuts if you want to.
- Donut Wedding Cake. We’re saving this one to our wedding Pinterest board. Our new Hinge match is going to be so happy we’ve planned ahead!
- Krispy Kreme Cake. Step 1: bake a cake. Step 2: stick Krispy Kreme donuts all over it. If you’re not sure about the physics of it all, call up The Lytham Cake Company to walk you through the calculus.
BIRTHDAY CAKE DOUGHNUT RECIPE - SWEET CS DESIGNS
2019-01-15 · Sift the cake flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl (GF: also add in xantham gum). Beat in the butter one ½ teaspoonful at a time, using a stand mixer set on low speed, until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Beat in the sugar a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture …
- Generously coat a mini doughnut pan with butter and dust with flour (GF: be sure entire pan is coated in butter, including top and sides any overflow might touch. GF flour sticks more so you want to be sure it pops right out).
- Beat in the butter one 1/2 teaspoonful at a time, using a stand mixer set on low speed, until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
VEGAN CAKE BATTER DONUTS - CHOOSING CHIA
2019-02-01 · Instructions. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a donut pan with cooking spray. To prepare the donuts, mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients together …
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together until combined, then add the sprinkles and fold in.
FUNFETTI BIRTHDAY CAKE DONUTS | DASH OF JAZZ
2017-08-24 · On my birthday this year, I spent time with family, got a little pampering in, had dinner with friends at my favorite Houston restaurant, and made these donuts.They are SO good, y'all. I confirmed the goodness with another batch, shared them on my Instagram, and got lots of questions and requests for the recipe so here it is.As you can see, these funfetti birthday cake donuts …
- In another bowl, mix remaining donut ingredients then add to bowl of dry. Mix well then pipe into donut pan.
- Meanwhile, mix up glaze in a smaller bowl. Dip one side of each warm donut in glaze then set aside. Once cool, dip the same sides in the glaze again and finish with more sprinkles.
CHOCOLATE DONUT CAKE: A DELIGHTFUL TWIST ON A BIRTHDAY ...
2018-05-06 · In a medium bowl, sift together flour and cocoa powder. Stir in baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. In a separate bowl, using a hand-held or stand mixer, cream together the butter and …
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, positioning a rack in the middle of the oven. Prepare a bundt pan by greasing (with butter, shortening, or cooking spray) thoroughly, making sure to get into all the cracks and crannies, and then dust with cocoa powder.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour and cocoa powder. Stir in baking soda, salt, and espresso powder.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand-held or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stir in vanilla, then add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time.
- With the mixer on low speed, add half the flour/cocoa mixture, then half the buttermilk. Repeat. When all ingredients are combined, mix at medium speed for 15-20 seconds (no more) to whip just a bit of air into the batter.
BIRTHDAY CAKE DONUTS | READY SET EAT
Before spooning donut batter into food storage bag, stir in 1/2-cup sprinkles or mini chocolate morsels to customize these birthday cake donuts. If you don’t have 3 donut pans, bake 1 batch of donuts, remove from pan, wash pans and spray with more baking spray before baking more donuts…
- Whisk together cake mix, sour cream, melted butter and egg in a large bowl until well blended. Spoon mixture into a resealable food storage bag and cut off a corner.
HEALTHY BIRTHDAY CAKE DONUTS - FOOD BY THE GRAM
2021-04-28 · Preheat oven to 350F. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and whisk together to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, Greek yogurt, oil, almond milk, and …
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, Greek yogurt, oil, almond milk, and almond and vanilla extract until mixture is smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir to combine, until you have a uniform mixture with a consistency of cake batter. Add sprinkles and gently fold in.
BAKED BIRTHDAY CAKE DOUGHNUTS - RECIPE GIRL
2017-06-26 · MAKE THE DOUGHNUTS: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a standard 6-cavity doughnut pan with nonstick spray and set aside. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, …
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a standard 6-cavity doughnut pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the powdered sugar, half and half, and vanilla until smooth. Add a few drops of food coloring until desired color is achieved.
BIRTHDAY CAKE BAKED DONUTS RECIPE + VIDEO | SELF ...
2018-02-06 · Birthday Cake Baked Donuts are a colorful treat for any occasion. This easy to make recipe will put a smile on anyone's face! Light and fluffy buttermilk donuts are filled with sprinkles. The baked donuts …
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and granulated sugar together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla and almond extracts in a small sauce pan. Heat over low heat while stirring constantly just to warm the glaze and allow the sugar to fully dissolve. Remove from heat.
BIRTHDAY CAKE DOUGHNUTS - SPRINKLES FOR BREAKFAST
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease doughnut pans. In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix together eggs and sugar on …
See details ››
BIRTHDAY CAKE MINI DONUT RECIPE - FORGETFUL MOMMA
2021-07-01 · Birthday Cake Mini Donut Recipe perfect for a fun day with your kids, or for a birthday party. Print . Ingredients. 2 cups flour; 1/2 cup sugar; 2 eggs; 1 teaspoon baking powder; 1 cup low-fat milk; 2 tablespoons olive oil; 1 teaspoon vanilla; 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles; Instructions. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Leaving the rainbow sprinkles for last. You want to fold them in ...
TRIPLE STACK DONUT CAKE - SPRINKLE BAKES | RECIPE ...
Aug 25, 2015 - Three butter cake layers make up this donut-inspired confection, complete with colorful glaze and rainbow sprinkles. It’s sure to bring smiles at any party! This past week has been filled with the deliberate business of…
22 DONUT BIRTHDAY CAKES IDEAS | CAKE DONUTS, DONUT ...
Feb 4, 2018 - Explore Laura R Brown's board "Donut Birthday Cakes", followed by 104 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about cake donuts, donut birthday cake, doughnut cake.
82 DOUGHNUT CAKE IDEAS | DOUGHNUT CAKE, DESSERTS, FOOD
Sep 19, 2014 - Explore gunther phillippe's board "doughnut cake", followed by 228 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about doughnut cake, desserts, food.
CHOCOLATE DONUT CAKE - PINTEREST
Every month at the food bank I volunteer at we have a birthday cake day for all the volunteers whose birthday falls in that month. My friends and I were in charge of making the September birthday cake so I figured it was a great time to break out the donut pan! We made my favourite chocolate cake recipe and then sandwiched the two layers together with berry… Article by Ashley Gumina. 259 ...
See details ››
DONUT BIRTHDAY CAKE | INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING CAKES AT ...
Donut Birthday Cake | Instructions For Making Cakes At Home #shorts-----...
See details ››
BIRTHDAY CAKE DONUT - BAKEMARK
Home/Recipes/Donuts/ Birthday Cake Donut. Birthday Cake Donut. Approximate Yield: 30 – 2 oz. donuts. Ingredients BakeMark Products Used. Brand Product or Type SKU Link; Westco : Richblend Cake Donut Mix: 09800: Westco: Cream Bokay Emulsion: 121717: Sprinkelina : Rainbow #6 Sprinkle Mix: 92277: Westco: Vanilla Dipping Icing: 19529: Westco : Pink Liquid Color: 11717: Westco : Blue …
See details ››