FRENCH DIP AU JUS
I created this because so many French dip recipes seem bland or rely on a mix. The sandwich and au jus is simple to make and tastes better than a restaurant version. -Lindsay Ebert, Orem, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine beef base and thyme; rub over roast and place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the onion, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaf and pepper; pour over roast. Add water., Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast to a cutting board; cool slightly. Strain cooking juices, reserving onion; skim fat from juices. Discard bay leaf. Thinly slice meat., To assemble sandwiches, spread mustard over bread. Top each bottom with three slices cheese; layer with beef, remaining cheese, mushrooms and reserved onion. Replace tops. Cut each loaf into four slices; serve with reserved juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 694 calories, Fat 19g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 125mg cholesterol, Sodium 1906mg sodium, Carbohydrate 69g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 59g protein.
- In a medium saucepan bring Beef Stock to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in the beef base, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add in strained pan drippings without the fat.
- If desired. thicken into a rich gravy by adding corn starch into 1/4 water and stirring into a slurry. Pour into the boiling Beef Stock to thicken. Corn starch needs to heat to a boil to activate the thickening agent.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 0.25 cup, Calories 12 kcal, Sugar 1 g, Sodium 224 mg, Fat 1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 1 g, Cholesterol 1 mg
BEEF AU JUS
- Melt fat in a skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk flour into beef fat; cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Pour beef broth into fat mixture; increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil.
- Boil mixture until it thickens slightly; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52.6 calories, Carbohydrate 2.3 g, Cholesterol 17.5 mg, Fat 1.1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 439.8 mg
EASY FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Open the hoagie rolls and lay out on a baking sheet.
- Heat beef consomme and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat to make a rich beef broth. Place the roast beef in the broth and warm for 3 minutes. Arrange the meat on the hoagie rolls and top each roll with 2 slices of provolone.
- Bake the sandwiches in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese just begins to melt. Serve the sandwiches with small bowls of the warm broth for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 547.5 calories, Carbohydrate 40.5 g, Cholesterol 93.7 mg, Fat 22.6 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 44.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.1 g, Sodium 2309.6 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
EASY ROAST BEEF DIP WITH AU JUS
- Spray crockpot with non stick spray.
- Place roast in crockpot.
- Combine all other ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 to 12 hours.
- Shred beef and trim fat.
- Place meat back in juice.
- Serve on French rolls.
- Fill rolls with beef and add a little beef juice to sandwich.
EASY CROCK POT FRENCH DIP WITH AU JUS
Easy, delicious French Dip Sandwiches with almost no work on your part. My husband can make a meal of these, and they disappear quickly. Just start your crock pot in the morning and come home to the yummy aroma of dinner that's already done! Serve the beef on hoagie sandwich rolls topped with cheese, sauteed onions, and a side of aus jus.
Provided by Raichka
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Rinse the roast and sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste. I often skip the salt, since the broth and soup mix are salty already.
- Put the roast into your crock pot, and pour the broth and coffee (if using) over the roast.
- Add the soup mix and garlic (if using)into the liquid and stir a bit. Don't worry about getting the soup mix to dissolve. The crock pot does all the work!
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, slice
- the meat, and serve hot on hoagie rolls with your favorite cheese (I prefer provolone or swiss). These are great with sauteed onions (can add bell pepper too). The broth makes delicious au jus for dipping your sandwiches.
More about "easy beef french dip with quick au jus recipes"
EASY FRENCH DIP SANDWICH WITH AU JUS - POSH JOURNAL
5/5 (21)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanCalories 453 per serving
- Place all Au Jus ingredients in the large saucepan. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, then lower the heat, simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the sauce.
EASY FRENCH DIP SANDWICH WITH AU JUS - FAVORITE FAMILY …
EASY FRENCH DIP WITH AU JUS (CROCKPOT RECIPE) | JULIE …
10 BEST BEEF DIP AND AU JUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRENCH DIP WITH AU JUS RECIPE | HOMEMADE AU JUS
YUMMY BEEF TENDERLOIN FRENCH DIP WITH HOMEMADE AU …
AU JUS RECIPE - SELF PROCLAIMED FOODIE
CLASSIC FRENCH DIP SANDWICH WITH AU JUS - AMY LEARNS TO COOK
EASY BEEF AU JUS SAUCE RECIPE - JOE'S HEALTHY MEALS
BEST BEEF AU JUS RECIPE RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
EASY BEEF AU JUS RECIPE - MASHED.COM
BEEF FRENCH DIP WITH AU JUS - IOWA BEEF INDUSTRY COUNCIL
FRENCH DIP RECIPE WITH EASY AU JUS - PETER'S FOOD ADVENTURES
15 JOHNNY'S FRENCH DIP AU JUS RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
EASY HOMEMADE AU JUS RECIPE | A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
FRENCH DIP WITH AU JUS RECIPE - JULIE BLANNER
AU JUS RECIPE FOR FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES | DEPORECIPE.CO
BEEF FRENCH DIP WITH AU JUS - NORTH DAKOTA BEEF COMMISSION
AU JUS RECIPE (WITH OR WITHOUT DRIPPINGS) - 40 APRONS
HOW TO MAKE AU JUS FOR FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES
EASY AU JUS RECIPE, WITH OR WITHOUT DRIPPINGS, QUICK RECIPE, BEEF, …
10-MINUTE FRENCH DIP SANDWICH RECIPE - I HEART NAPTIME
SIMPLE AU JUS RECIPE FOR FRENCH DIP | DEPORECIPE.CO
FRENCH FRIES SAUCE | LOVE RECIPES
EASY FRENCH DIP RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASY SLOW COOKER FRENCH DIP | THE BUTCHER'S WIFE
EASY FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES - RANK.REQUESTERING.IGNORELIST.COM
FRENCH DIP WITH AU JUS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BEEF FRENCH DIP WITH AU JUS - WISCONSIN BEEF COUNCIL
EASY BEEF AU JUS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
EASY AU JUS WITHOUT PAN DRIPPINGS - MAMA LOVES FOOD
10 BEST BEEF DIP AND AU JUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ERIC'S EASY ITALIAN BEEF - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
BEEF FRENCH DIP WITH AU JUS - WASHINGTON STATE BEEF COMMISSION
BEST BEEF AU JUS (QUICK, EASY & SO MUCH BETTER THAN STORE BOUGHT!)
NATIONS BEST DELI MEATS — FRENCH DIP AU JUS RECIPE
RECIPETHING - EASY BEEF FRENCH DIP WITH QUICK AU JUS
SLOW COOKER AU JUS BEEF SANDWICHES | DONUTS2CRUMPETS
EASY BEEF FRENCH DIP WITH QUICK AU JUS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SLOW COOKER FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES - PITCHFORK FOODIE FARMS
EASY FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES - SIMPLY SCRATCH
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make beef au jus?Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk [paid link] in the beef base, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add in strained pan drippings without the fat (if also preparing a roast). For gravy, thicken with cornstarch. We serve this beef au jus recipe most often as an accompaniment to our Prime Rib dinner.
How to make au jus reicpe?This Easy Homemade Au Jus Reicpe is the best way to enjoy a made with love French Dip Sandwich. It takes minutes to make and will take your French Dip to the next level! In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in the beef base, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic and pepper.
What is a French dip sandwich with au jus?This French dip sandwich with au jus is incredibly easy to make. With two layers of gooey melted cheese, flavorful Italian roast beef, a toasted bun and savory au jus for dipping, you will recreate this French dip sandwich recipe again and again.
What do you need to make a French dip sandwich?To make this quick and easy French Dip Sandwich, you will need the following ingredients: · Roast Beef. You can use either leftover steak or roast beef, or just as tasty can be store-bought roast beef deli meat. Be sure to use good quality meat that you know will taste good. · Bread.