Enjoy these great straws made using Original Bisquick® mix and two-cheese and have it with pasta sauce - perfect for appetizer.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and Cheddar cheese until soft dough forms.
- Divide dough in half. On surface lightly sprinkled with Bisquick mix, roll 1 half into 9x6-inch rectangle. Spread with half of the butter. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese over top. Cut dough lengthwise into 18 (1/2-inch) strips. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Twist each dough strip as many times as possible; place on cookie sheets. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve with pasta sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 45, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Appetizer, Sodium 120 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
EASY CHEESE STRAWS
Five ingredients transform into long, crisp cracker sticks. The hand-held snacks make for easy mingling at parties.-Elizabeth Robinson, Conroe, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cheese until blended. Combine flour, salt and cayenne; stir into cheese mixture until a dough forms. Roll into a 15x6-in. rectangle. Cut into thirty 6-in. strips. Gently place strips 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets., Bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72 calories, Fat 5g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 106mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl cream butter and cheese. Stir in flour and salt; mix well. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/2 inch in thickness. Cut into 2 inch strips and sprinkle with ground red pepper. Place strips on prepared cookie sheet(s) 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98.5 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 160.9 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 22 to 24 straws
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out each sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured board until it's 10 by 12 inches. Beat the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the surface of the pastry. Sprinkle each sheet evenly with 1/4 cup of the parmesan, 1/2 cup of the gruyere, 1/2 teaspoon of the thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and some pepper. With the rolling pin, lightly press the flavorings into the puff pastry. Cut each sheet crosswise with a floured knife or pizza wheel into 11 or 12 strips. Twist each strip and lay on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned and puffed. Turn each straw and bake for another 2 minutes. Don't overbake or the cheese will burn. Cool and serve at room temperature.
- Let the puff pastry thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
SIMPLE CHEESE STRAWS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cheese and butter. Blend in the flour and salt. Form the mixture into 6 balls. Roll the balls into slender "snakes." Cut each "snake" into 4 straws. Bake the straws for about 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 181 calories, Carbohydrate 8.2 g, Cholesterol 39.9 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.8 g, Sodium 219.1 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the softened cheese and butter in the bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer. Using the heaviest mixer paddle attachment, beat until the mixture has the consistency of whipped cream, 15 to 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, sift 3 cups of the flour with the salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Gradually add the seasoned flour to the cheese mixture by large spoonfuls, beating well after each addition. Add the remaining 1 cup unseasoned flour incrementally until the dough is somewhat stiff but still soft enough to be pushed through a cookie press; you may not need to add all the flour.
- Lightly spray 4 cookie sheets with cooking spray. Put a portion of the dough into a cookie press fitted with the star tube and press the dough onto a cookie sheet in long strips that run the length of the pan. Repeat until the pan is full. Bake until straws are golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- With your hands or a sharp knife, break or cut the long strips into 3-inch lengths. Use a flat, thin spatula or an egg turner to remove the cheese strips from the pan. Allow them to cool on a wire rack. When they are completely cool, serve or store in a tightly covered container.
QUICK CHEESE STRAWS
- heat oven to 220c/fan 200c/gas 7. Unroll a puff pastry, scatter over a couple of handfuls of grated Parmesan, then fold in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut into 1cm strips, then twist the strips 3-4 times. Lay on a baking sheet, scatter over more cheese and bake for 12 mins, or until golden. Leave to cool, then keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days. As these cheese straws are very delicate, roll them in kitchen paper before packing into a plastic container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 7 grams carbohydrates, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.18 milligram of sodium
EASY CHEESE STRAWS
- Combine the flour, butter, and cayenne with a fork or in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the cheese and knead by hand until the mixture holds together, adding a few drops of cold water if necessary.
- This mixture may be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen until ready to use.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/4 inch (5 mm) and cut into strips about 1/2 inch (1 cm wide) and 4 inches (10 cm) long.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 450F (230C) until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
More about "easy cheese straws recipes"
SIMPLE CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
5/5 (3)Category Goat's Cheese RecipesCuisine British RecipesTotal Time 40 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets with a little butter. Sift the flour into a large bowl, then rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Add the grated cheese and mix together.
- Add half the beaten egg and stir into the flour until the mixture starts to come together, then use your hands to work it into a ball.
- Dust a work surface with a little flour and roll out the pastry into a rectangle, about 3mm thick, using a rolling pin. Cut widthways into straws, about 5mm wide.
- Carefully put the straws on the baking sheets, leaving a little space between them. Sprinkle with extra cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheets, then carefully pick them up with a palette knife and put them on a cooling rack. Eat warm or cool and store in an airtight container.
SOUTHERN CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE - EASY TO MAKE CRISPY CHEESE ...
4.5/5 (38)Total Time 25 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 133 per serving
- Preheat oven to 375. Butter two large baking sheets. Grate cheese in bowl of food processor and remove to another bowl.
- Place flour and Cayenne pepper in food processor and pulse to combine. Add cheese and butter to food processor and run until well mixed and a ball of dough forms. If you don't have a food processor, just use a fork and stir until well mixed.
- Press dough through cookie press onto cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for about 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can also wrap the dough in wax paper and chill for thirty minutes, then slice thinly (about 1/4 inch) into cookies and bake. Or you can freeze the dough until needed.
EASY (AND IRRESISTIBLE!) CHEESE STRAWS | BAREFEET IN THE ...
Reviews 2Category AppetizerCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats. Lightly flour a large cutting board or clean countertop. Roll out each sheet of pastry to approximately 10x12 inches.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Using a pastry brush, gently brush the surface of the pastry with the egg mixture. Sprinkle each sheet evenly with the cheese, about 1/2 cup per sheet.
- Stir together the spices and sprinkle them over the pastry sheets. With a rolling pin, lightly press the cheese and seasonings into the puff pastry. Using a sharp knife, or pizza cutter, cut each sheet into strips about 1-inch wide.
- Transfer each strip to the lined baked sheet, placing them an inch apart, and twisting the ends in opposite directions to "spiral" each of the cheese straws. If the dough gets too warm and sticky, you can put one tray in the refrigerator while working with the other.
CHEESE STRAWS - THE COOKIE ROOKIE® - EASY RECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hrCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 364 per serving
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat surface and spray it lightly with nonstick spray. Lay the puff pastry on top and place a 2nd sheet of sprayed parchment over the puff pastry.
- Use a rolling pin to slightly flatten the puff pastry into a 10x11-inch rectangle. Carefully remove the top parchment. Spread the pastry evenly with a thin layer of 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard. Sprinkle ½ cup shredded cheese over the mustard and top with 1/3 cup grated Parmesan. Lightly & evenly sprinkle the Parmesan with sweet paprika, kosher salt and ground black pepper. Replace the top parchment paper and press the cheeses & seasonings into the pastry by rolling the pin back and forth a few times.
- Flip the parchment-encased pastry over and remove what is now the top parchment. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Use a pastry brush to evenly coat the top-facing side of pastry. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup shredded cheese and 1/3 cup grated Parmesan.
EASY CRISPY CHEESE STRAWS | KITCHEN STORIES RECIPE AND VIDEO
4.5/5 (18)Calories 211 per servingCategory Snack
- Sprinkle half the cheese onto a work surface and lay a sheet of puff pastry over the top. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the puff pastry. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper over the whole sheet, then roll the pastry into a small log.
- Use a bench scraper or knife to slice the roll into smaller pieces. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, then gently unroll each piece and twist both ends in opposite directions to create a twisted cheese straw. Repeat with all cheese straws.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F. Bake cheese straws for approx. 20 min., or until straws are dry to the touch and golden brown all over. Remove and let cool a bit before serving. Enjoy warm or at room temperature!
EASY CHEESE STRAWS | CHEESE RECIPES | JAMIE MAGAZINE
Servings 16Total Time 30 minsCategory Cheese RecipesCalories 139 per serving
- Add the flour and rub together until it resembles breadcrumbs.Finely grate the Parmesan, then add 60g to the flour and butter, along with the mustard and paprika.
THE BEST CHEESE STRAWS | MYRECIPES
Author Anne Cain See details »
CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE BY PAULA DEEN
Servings 60Total Time 8 minsEstimated Reading Time 40 secs See details »
SIMPLE CHEESE STRAWS | SNACK RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
3.5/5 Total Time 30 minsCategory SnackCalories 40 per serving See details »
CHEDDAR CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (21)Total Time 42 minsServings 120
- Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with a heavy-duty stand mixer until blended. Gradually add flour, beating just until combined.
- Use a cookie press with a star-shaped disk to shape mixture into long ribbons, following manufacturer's instructions, on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Cut ribbons into 2-inch pieces.
- Cheese Wafers: Combine ingredients as directed; chill dough 2 hours. Shape dough into 4 (8-inch-long) logs; wrap each in plastic wrap, and chill 8 hours. Cut each log into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container 1 week.
HOW TO MAKE PUFF PASTRY CHEESE STRAWS | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Heat the oven to 375°F and line 2 baking sheets. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
- Dust the counter with 1/4 cup of cheese. Sprinkle a work surface with 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Place 1 sheet of the puff pastry on the cheese. Unfold or unroll 1 of the puff pastry sheets onto the cheese. If the pastry isn't quite thawed, don't force it.
- Top with another 1/4 cup of cheese. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese over the puff pastry.
- Roll out to 1/8-inch thick. Using a rolling pin, roll the pastry out until 1/8-inch thick. This presses the cheese into the pastry and also smoothes out any seams or wrinkles.
- Roll out again to 1/8-inch thick. Roll the pastry out again until 1/8-inch thick. The exact dimensions of the puff pastry don't matter. Aim for one side to be about 10 inches long to make longer puff pastry straws, or aim for 6 to 8 inches for shorter straws.
- Cut into strips. Using a knife and cutting straight down (do not saw), cut the pastry into long strips about 1-inch wide. Again, dimensions don't really matter, but I like my long puff pastry straws to measure about 10 inches.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and twist. Transfer each strip to one of the baking sheets, spaced an inch or so apart. As you set them down, twist the ends in opposite directions to give the straws a spiraled look.
EASY SOUTHERN CHEESE STRAWS | SAVOR THE FLAVOUR
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 209 per serving
- Whisk together the flour, salt, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup (115g) of softened butter and the grated cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer until well blended, then scrape down the sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula. Reserve the other tablespoon of butter for the next step.
EASY CHEESE STRAW RECIPE | LITTLE DISH
5/5 (250)Total Time 8 minsServings 2-4 See details »
EASY CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Starters & Nibbles See details »
EASY CHEESE STRAWS | RECIPE | CHEESE STRAWS, CHEESE STRAWS ...
See details »
EASY CHEESE STRAWS RECIPES RECIPES
See details »
EASY CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE FROM PUFF PASTRY | THE SIMPLER ...
See details »
EASY PUFF PASTRY CHEESE STRAWS - JESSICA GAVIN
See details »
15-minutes-or-less time-to-make course cuisine preparation occasion north-american 5-ingredients-or-less appetizers breads lunch side-dishes american oven easy potluck dinner-party finger-food picnic dietary high-calcium high-protein high-in-something to-go equipment presentation
You'll also love