Categories Shellfish Appetizer Side Seafood Clam Spring Party Oregano Gourmet Sugar Conscious Pescatarian Dairy Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook garlic in oil in a deep 4- to 6-quart heavy pot over moderately low heat, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and 1 tablespoon oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes break down, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with pepper. Add clams, stirring well to coat, then cover pot tightly and increase heat to moderately high. Cook, stirring once, until clams open, 5 to 7 minutes. (Discard any clams that have not opened after 7 minutes.)
- While clams are cooking, toss together bread crumbs, zest, and remaining tablespoon oregano. Divide clams and pan juices among 8 shallow bowls, then sprinkle with bread crumbs. Serve immediately.
BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the clams on a sheet tray and put them in the preheated oven for 2 to 3 minutes or until the clams just begin to open. We don't want to cook the clams, we just want them to open a little.
- Using a butter knife pry the clams open and remove the top shell and discard. Completely pull the clam away from the bottom shell and place it back in the bottom shell. This will allow for easy eating.
- Preheat the broiler and adjust the rack to the top shelf.
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, oregano, crushed red pepper and some salt. Add the olive oil and stir until well combined. Add chicken stock until the mixture is quite wet. Taste to check the seasoning, add more salt if needed.
- Pack each clam full of the bread crumb mixture. Pack the bread crumbs down and really secure the edges. This will help the clam stay moist.
- Place the clams on a sheet tray and add about 1/2 cup of water to the tray. This will also help the clams stay moist. Put the tray under the broiler for 5 to 6 minutes or until the bread crumbs are nice and brown and crispy.
Make and share this Clams Oreganata recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Phil Franco
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook garlic in oil in a deep 4 to 6 quart heavy pot over moderately low heat, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and 1 tablespoon oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes break down, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Add clams, stirring well to coat, then cover pot tightly and increase heat to moderately high. Cook, stirring once, until clams open, 5 to 7 minutes. (Discard any clams that have not opened after 7 minutes.)
- While clams are cooking, toss together bread crumbs, zest, and remaining tablespoon oregano. Divide clams and pan juices among clam shells, then sprinkle with bread crumbs. Serve immediately. Serves 8.
- Note: Larger hard-shelled clams such as littlenecks (2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter) can be used, but cooking time will increase to 8 to 10 minutes.
- That's it!
MERILL'S BAKED CLAM DIP OREGANATA
This is my sister in law's recipe. It's like a clam pie or a giant baked clam served warm with crackers (I like Ritz for this). It could be prepared, up until the baking, a day in advance. Just put it in the refrigerator and bake when ready the next day! If you make it and freeze it for the future, just thaw and reheat. This is a family favorite and a crowd pleaser when I make it for guests - Enjoy! PS-I like it with 2 cans of chopped clams too! You get bigger clam pieces that way.
Provided by Oolala
Yield 1 pie, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- If serving the same day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium size skillet, saute the butter, onion and garlic over low heat a minute or two, being careful not to let the garlic brown.
- Add the clams with their juice, parsley flakes and oregano to the pan and mix.
- Saute for a few minutes and then add the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- The texture should be like a paste.
- If not, adjust by adding bread crumbs.
- Put mixture in an oven proof pie dish and add paprika sprinkled on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven, for 25 to 30 minutes, until slightly golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm with crackers.
BAKED CLAMS OREGANATE
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories dinner, easy, lunch, quick, appetizer, main course
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat broiler. Place rack in lowest setting, or about 12 inches from heat.
- Combine bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper. Add olive oil, and toss until crumbs are evenly coated. Stir in broth, mixing to blend. Mixture will be quite damp.
- Put a rounded teaspoon of the crumb mixture on each clam, smoothing the top. Arrange clams on baking sheet with sides, and pour in about 1/8 inch water. Broil until topping is lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 204, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 569 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BAKED CLAMS OREGANATO
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coarsely chop shucked clams, and put in a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs, bell pepper, parsley, oregano, and salt. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and toss with a fork to combine.
- Stuff the reserved clamshells with the filling, and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle each clam with a little of the reserved clam juice, pouring any extra juice, along with the white wine, into the bottom of the pan. Drizzle the clams with 3 tablespoons olive oil, and drizzle the remaining tablespoon oil in the bottom of the pan with the juice and wine.
- Bake until clams are lightly browned and crusty, about 15 to 20 minutes. To serve, set clams on plates with remaining sauce and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for each.
- Another option-one I like very much-is not to chop the clams.
- Shuck the clams, and leave each whole clam in a half-shell. Toss all the other ingredients separately, then cover the clams with a light coating of the mixture. Pat lightly, and continue as per recipe.
This recipe for clams oreganata is from Sal Scognamillo of Patsy's Italian Restaurant.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange clams in a large skillet; season with pepper. Spoon breadcrumbs onto clams and smooth with the back of spoon. Drizzle over olive oil. Transfer to broiler. Broil until breadcrumbs are lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to stovetop over medium heat. Mix together lemon juice and 1/4 cup water; pour into bottom of skillet. Sprinkle over parsley. Cook 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
More about "clams oreganata recipes"
BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA - LIDIA
CLAMS OREGANATA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 8Calories 90 per serving
- Shuck clams, and discard top shells. Loosen meat from bottom shell, and arrange clams in shells on a jelly-roll pan.
- Combine breadcrumbs and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly add olive oil, tossing with a fork until well blended (crumb mixture should be moist but not soggy).
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon crumb mixture onto each clam. Broil 5 to 10 minutes or until crumbs are lightly brown and clams are just cooked through. Serve warm.
AUTHENTIC CLAMS OREGANATA - #R4RECIPE
BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA - EMILY BITES
CLAMS OREGANATA WONTON CUPS - EMILY BITES
BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA DIP | HEALTHYGFFAMILY.COM
CLAMS OREGANATA : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE
BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA RECIPE - TODAY
CLAMS OREGANATA | ORSARA RECIPES
CLAMS OREGANATA - DISH OFF THE BLOCK
HOW TO MAKE BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA APP AKA ITALIAN STUFFED …
AUTHENTIC BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA - RECIPE | HARDCORE ITALIANS
CLAMS OREGANATA - FOOD NETWORK UK | TV CHANNEL | EASY RECIPES, …
CLAMS OREGANATA | TASTE
GRILLED HAM CLAMS (CLAMS OREGANATA) — ELEVATED WILD
BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA - COOK AT HOME MOM
BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA – MICIA MAMMAS
CLAMS OREGANATA: PERFECT FOR SEVEN FISHES - OUR ITALIAN TABLE
CLAMS OREGANATA RECIPE
CLAMS OREGANATA - STUFFED WITH GARLICKY BREADCRUMBS - SIP AND …
CLAMS OREGANATA - STEFFANIE AT HOME
10 BEST OREGANATA RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA - EVERYBODYLOVESITALIAN.COM
CLAMS OREGANATA | APPETIZERS | SEAFOOD
LIDIA'S ITALY: RECIPES: BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA - MASTERCOOK
CLAMS OREGANATA - LIVE NATURALLY MAGAZINE
CLAMS OREGANATA - FEAST OF THE SEVEN FISHES - CHEF FRANCO LANIA
CLAMS OREGANATO - THE ITALIAN CHEF - ITALIAN RECIPES
CLAMS OREGANATA RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
BAKED CLAMS STUFFED OREGANATA - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
CLAMS OREGANATO RECIPES
15 MINUTE CLAMS OREGANATA | BABAGANOSH
CLAMS OREGANATA RECIPE - YOUTUBE
CLAMS OREGANATA - COLAVITA RECIPES
CHEF JIM'S CLAMS OREGANATO RECIPE - THE BOULDER CORK
BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA - CATERING TO THE MOB
HOW TO MAKE CLAMS OREGANATA (BAKED CLAMS) - YOUTUBE
HOLIDAY RECIPE: BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA - EAT COOK TRAVEL
BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA - FODMAP EVERYDAY
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #appetizers #seafood #european #diabetic #finger-food #italian #dietary #low-sodium #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #shellfish #clams #novelty #presentation
You'll also love