A classic cheese fondue recipe that is easy and sure to impress guests. Includes tips for making smooth fondue, the best cheeses, dippers and more!
Provided by Erin Clarke / Well Plated
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Grate all of the cheeses. In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses with the cornstarch, tossing thoroughly to coat all pieces.
- In a stove-safe fondue pot or large heavy saucepan, bring the wine, garlic, and lemon juice to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add the cheeses to the simmering liquid a little at a time, stirring well between each addition to ensure a smooth fondue. Once smooth, stir in the brandy, mustard, and nutmeg.
- Arrange an assortment of bite-size dipping foods on a platter. If necessary, carefully pour the fondue into a fondue pot. Serve with fondue forks or wooden skewers. Dip and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 of 6, not including dippers, Calories 343 kcal, Carbohydrate 5 g, Protein 20 g, Fat 23 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, Cholesterol 86 mg, Sugar 2 g
EASY CHEESY FONDUE #RAGU
Ragú® Recipe Contest Entry. This is a fun recipe that can either be used as a meal or a great and different appetizer for your next party. The fondue incorporates Ragu Double Cheddar Sauce, Ragu Traditional Sauce and goat cheese; and dippers include tortellini, Italian sausage and polenta.
Provided by Sirbarney
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- To prepare dipping items:.
- Tortellini: Prepare according to package directions.
- Italian bread: Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Italian Sausage: Place sausage in a large saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until sausage is cooked through, approximately 10 minutes. Remove from pot and cool for 5 minutes. Slice into 1/4-inch slices. Place a large skillet over high heat; add in enough vegetable oil to cover bottom of skillet. Cook sausage on both sides until golden brown, approximately 2 minutes per side; drain.
- Polenta: Slice polenta into 1/2-inch slices. Place skillet back over medium high heat; add in additional vegetable oil to measure 1/4-inch in bottom of skillet. Add in the slices of polenta and cook until golden brown, approximately 4 - 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towel, then cut into quarters.
- Note: Dipping items can be prepared in advanced and served hot or at room temperature.
- To prepare fondue:.
- Rub the inside of an electric fondue pot with garlic. Set heat on fondue pot at 350 degrees. Add in the cheddar sauce and traditional sauce and cook until heated through, approximately 3 - 4 minutes. Whisk in the goat cheese until melted. Stir in the black pepper and nutmeg, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat to 200 degrees. Using fondue forks or tooth picks, spear prepared dipping items and enjoy!
- Serves 4 as a meal, more as appetizers.
- Note: If fondue pot is not available, you can cook fondue on stove top, in a medium sized pot over medium heat, then transfer fondue to a small dip-sized crock pot to keep warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1188.5, Fat 42.6, SaturatedFat 17.4, Cholesterol 94.9, Sodium 2002.8, Carbohydrate 156.5, Fiber 11.6, Sugar 3.4, Protein 46
EASY CHEESY FONDUE WITH FINGERLING POTATOES, FRENCH BREAD AND SELECT VEGETABLES
- Cover potatoes with water and bring the water to a boil. Salt the water and simmer potatoes 10 to 12 minutes, until just tender. Drain potatoes and return to warm pot to dry the potatoes. Drizzle potatoes with a little oil to keep them from discoloring and to shine them up.
- Fill a second skillet or saucepan with 2 inches of water. Cover and bring the water to a boil on the stovetop. Salt the water, replace the cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- To a heavy saucepan over moderate heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and the chopped shallots. Saute shallots for 2 or 3 minutes, then add sherry and allow it to almost evaporate, a minute or two. Add half-and-half to the pan and reduce heat to low. Cut cream cheese into 1-inch slices and add it to the pot. Allow the cream cheese to slowly melt into the half-and-half, 5 minutes. Add Parmesan and shredded Gruyere or Swiss to the sauce and stir until cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Stir in lemon juice. Season sauce with, nutmeg and black pepper. Place a candle underneath a wire rack or warm a fondue pot. Transfer cheese sauce to fondue pot or place saucepan over wire rack and burning candle.
- To simmering, salted water, add broccoli and cook florets, covered, 3 minutes. Remove broccoli with a slotted spoon to a plate and add asparagus tips. Cook asparagus tips 2 minutes, then remove with tongs to a plate.
- Arrange the items for dipping on a large serving platter. Garnish the cooked potatoes with chives. Set the cubed baguette on the opposite end of the platter, to balance color. Between potatoes and bread, arrange cooked broccoli, asparagus and cherry tomatoes. Set out fondue forks or bamboo skewers for dipping. Place small dishes of cornichons, marinated mushrooms and pickled onions near dipping station for accompaniments.
Throw a party with Tyler Florence's Cheese Fondue recipe from Food Network, a creamy mixture of Swiss and Gruyï¿½re; serve it with chunks of bread and apples.
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, coat the cheeses with cornstarch and set aside. Rub the inside of the ceramic fondue pot with the garlic, then discard.
- Over medium heat, add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a gentle simmer. Gradually stir the cheese into the simmering liquid. Melting the cheese gradually encourages a smooth fondue. Once smooth, stir in cherry brandy, mustard and nutmeg.
- Arrange an assortment of bite-sized dipping foods on a lazy Susan around fondue pot. Serve with chunks of French and pumpernickel breads. Some other suggestions are Granny Smith apples and blanched vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and asparagus. Spear with fondue forks or wooden skewers, dip, swirl and enjoy!
BEEF RAGù RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: ribbon pasta, olive oil, beef chuck roast, oxtail, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, tomato paste, red wine, beef stock, diced tomato, fresh thyme, fresh oregano, fresh rosemary, bay leaves, fresh parsley
Provided by Jody Duits
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Season the meat on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large heavy pot with a lid over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and brown the meat in batches until a crust forms, turning to ensure even color on all sides.
- Once one batch is done, set aside in a bowl or plate with a lip, add another fresh tablespoon of olive oil and continue until all the meat is brown.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and sauté the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and let it boil off and reduce until barely any remains in the pan.
- Next, add the browned meat back to the pan, along with the tomato paste. Stir until tomato paste is coating all the ingredients and allow the paste to toast slightly.
- Pour in the tomatoes, stock, and herb bundle and stir, bring to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- Allow to simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Alternatively, if your pot and lid are oven safe, cook in a 325˚F (170˚C) oven for 3 hours.
- Remove the herb bundle and beef shank.
- Pull the meat from the oxtail. Using a fork or tongs, discarding the bone and any extra cartilage or extra fat. Add the meat back to the ragu and stir.
- Skim off any extra fat from the top of the ragu.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup (120 ml) of the pasta water before draining.
- Add a few ladlefuls of ragu, the pasta, and a splash of pasta water to a large pot, gently stir to coat the pasta in the ragu.
- Add a handful of cheese and stir to melt into the sauce.
- Garnish with more cheese and fresh parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 995 calories, Carbohydrate 111 grams, Fat 30 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 57 grams, Sugar 18 grams
Intimidated by fondue? Shake it off, and follow this cheese fondue recipe to add one more party skill to your already impressive repertoire. With this easy cheese fondue recipe, the possibilities are endless and oh-so-tasty! It's a new, fun way to bring the family around the table as fall approaches.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In resealable plastic food-storage bag, place cheeses and flour. Shake until cheese is coated with flour.
- Rub garlic on bottom and side of fondue pot, heavy saucepan or skillet; discard garlic. Add wine. Heat over simmer setting on fondue pot or over low heat just until bubbles rise to surface (do not boil). Stir in lemon juice.
- Gradually add cheese mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly with wire whisk over low heat, until melted. Stir in kirsch.
- Keep warm over simmer setting. If prepared in saucepan or skillet, pour into a fondue pot or heatproof serving bowl and keep warm over low heat. Fondue must be served over heat to maintain its smooth, creamy texture.
- Spear bread and fruit with fondue forks; dip and swirl in fondue with stirring motion. If fondue becomes too thick, stir in 1/4 to 1/2 cup heated wine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 610, Carbohydrate 50 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 35 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 800 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1 1/2 g
CHEESY PIZZA FONDUE
While I was growing up, I would sit for hours reading cookbooks from cover to cover. I've carried that love of cooking with me through the years. I found this recipe when we lived in Wisconsin. - Julie Barwick, Mansfield, Ohio.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 5 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, basil and garlic powder. Reduce heat to low. Add cheeses; stir until melted. , Transfer to a small fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with breadsticks, garlic toast and green peppers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 47 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 86mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
HOMEMADE RAGU SAUCE
"My family loves homemade spaghetti sauce and this one is a big hit. I always make sure to serve this ragu sauce recipe with plenty of garlic bread." -Kate Gaul, Dubuque, IA
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings (7-1/2 cups).
Number Of Ingredients 22
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, pork, bacon, onions, celery and carrots over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add wine; cook until liquid is reduced by half, 4-5 minutes., Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, bay leaves, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, stirring occasionally, 1-1/2 to 2 hours. , Discard bay leaves. Add the cream, butter and parsley; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in cheese. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309 calories, Fat 18g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 73mg cholesterol, Sodium 746mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
Your fondue party won't start hopping until the cheese starts melting. Get busy with this easy, basic Cheddar cheese fondue! It's perfect with pieces of bread or vegetables.
Provided by KATKRO
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix together milk, Worcestershire sauce, ground dry mustard, garlic and flour. Heat until almost boiling. Gradually stir in Cheddar cheese. Continue heating until all the cheese has melted. Keep the mixture warm and melted in a fondue dish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 48.6 calories, Carbohydrate 0.9 g, Cholesterol 11.7 mg, Fat 3.7 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 71.5 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
EASY CHEESE FONDUE
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the vinegar with the cornflour and place in a heatproof bowl with the cheeses. Set over a pan of boiling water. Slowly melt the cheese, stirring occasionally. When it's nearly melted, add the crème fraîche and a little black pepper, if you like. Lower the heat and keep warm.
- To make croutons, toss the bread in the oil and a little seasoning on a baking sheet, then bake for 10-15 mins until golden and crisp.
- To serve, put the cheese fondue on a large platter and arrange the croutons, veg and salamis alongside it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 374 calories, Fat 31 grams fat, SaturatedFat 20 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 1 grams carbohydrates, Protein 22 grams protein, Sodium 1.48 milligram of sodium
REALLY EASY CHEESE FONDUE
This easy, indulgent cheddar and gruyère fondue has a splash of white wine and kirsch for a super simple treat to share with friends
Provided by Emma Freud
Categories Cheese Course, Starter, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat the wine in a heavy-based saucepan, then add the cheese, a handful at a time, and keep stirring. When all the cheese has melted, add the kirsch, followed by the cornflour, stirring until completely smooth.
- Serve the pan in the middle of the table on a wooden board with the chunks of baguette for dipping.
More about "easy cheesy fondue ragu recipes"
EASY CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (15)Total Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer, DipCalories 140 per serving
- Cut the clove of garlic in half and rub the inside of your saucepan with the garlic. Discard the clove (or save for another use).
- Reduce heat to medium low and add cheese a small handful at a time over low heat until melted. Stir in a figure 8 pattern until smooth before adding more. Do not try to rush this process or your cheese will not melt properly.
10 BEST CHEESY RAGU DOUBLE CHEDDAR RECIPES - YUMMLY
CHEESE FONDUE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHEDDAR CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE EASY - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE - LAUREN'S LATEST
CHEDDAR CHEESE FONDUE - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN BOLOGNESE RAGù RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
CLASSIC CHEESE FONDUE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
10 BEST RAGU CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE RECIPES - YUMMLY
15-MINUTE CHEESE FONDUE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
NONNI'S EASY HOMEMADE RAGU SAUCE - THE DELICIOUS SPOON
20 EASY FONDUE RECIPES FROM DINNER TO DESSERT - INSANELY GOOD
CHEESE FONDUE | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
RECIPES USING RAGU CHEESE SAUCE | DEPORECIPE.CO
CHEESE SAUCES | RAGÚ® - RAGÚ® - SAUCES, RECIPES & MORE
CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
EASY CHEESE FONDUE WITH GRILLED BREAD (ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS!)
SLOW COOKED BEEF RAGù RECIPE WITH ORECCHIETTE PASTA AND CHEESE …
CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY HOMEMADE CHEESE AND WINE FONDUE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RAGU CHEESE SAUCE FOR NACHOS - SAUCEPROCLUB.COM
EASY CHEESY YES-PLEASEY FONDUE DINNER :: YUMMYMUMMYCLUB.CA
EASY CHEESY FONDUE #RAGU - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
CHEESY RAGU DOUBLE CHEDDAR RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
EASY CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE WITH WHITE WINE - CREAMY AND …
EASY CHEESY FONDUE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
10 BEST CHEESY RAGU DOUBLE CHEDDAR RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
RAGU DOUBLE CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE RECIPES - SAUCEPROCLUB.COM
RAGU CHEESE RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
CHEESE FONDUE | RICARDO
EASY CHEESY SKILLET LASAGNA - RAGU® - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
EASY PASTA RECIPES FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY | RAGÚ®
EASY RAGU RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
AWESOMELY EASY SWISS FONDUE RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
HOW TO MAKE CHEESE FONDUE AND CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE
EASY RAGU PASTA SAUCE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
EASY CHEESY FONDUE #RAGU RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | EASY …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make cheese fondue?It's perfect with pieces of bread or vegetables. In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix together milk, Worcestershire sauce, ground dry mustard, garlic and flour. Heat until almost boiling. Gradually stir in Cheddar cheese. Continue heating until all the cheese has melted. Keep the mixture warm and melted in a fondue dish.
What do you think about cheese please fondue with ranch flavoring?I think I'm partial to the recipe for Cheese Please Fondue with ranch flavoring. I was really excited to try this, but was frustrated with the grainy texture which I tried so hard to avoid by using lemon juice and stiring the cheese in well. I read Alton Brown's review on fondue and I think the key is LOW TEMP after adding the cheese.
How much Gruyere cheese do you use for fondue?This was excellent, I doubled the recipe, I used 1/2 lb. Gruyere, 1/2 pound emmantel, and 1 lb of Jarlsberg cheese. This served 10 people for a fondue party. Make sure your fondue pot is double boiler style, or cheese may burn.
Is the fondue too cheesy?Just read a review saying the FONDUE was thrown away for being "too cheesy." Too cheesy! Fondue. It's a CHEESE DIP. If you're not looking for something that tastes like cheese, don't make cheese fondue. Seriously.