CHILI RELLENOS CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Evenly layer 1 can chile peppers in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and cover with remaining chile peppers.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, evaporated milk, and flour. If too thick, feel free to add 1/2 cup regular milk. Pour over the top of the chilies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, pour tomato sauce evenly over the top, and continue baking another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining Jack and Cheddar cheeses, pop under the broiler for a few minutes, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387.4 calories, Carbohydrate 12 g, Cholesterol 139.9 mg, Fat 27.6 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 23.9 g, SaturatedFat 16.7 g, Sodium 1449.4 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
EASY CHILES RELLENOS CASSEROLE
I love green chiles and cook with them often when I entertain. This easy version of the classic Mexican dish gives you big pepper taste in every meaty bite. -Nadine Estes, Alto, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Split chiles and remove seeds; dry on paper towels. Arrange chiles on the bottom of a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over the cheese. , In a bowl, beat milk, eggs, flour, salt and pepper until smooth; pour over beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321 calories, Fat 20g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 212mg cholesterol, Sodium 406mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 24g protein.
EASY CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE
This is such a simple dish and so pretty especially at holiday time. It's been a family favorite for years and always dissapears first when I take it to potlucks.
Provided by Hazelruthe
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Beat Half& Half with eggs and flour til smooth.
- Split open the chilies, rinse and remove seeds.
- Wipe dry with paper towels.
- Mix together the cheeses setting aside 1/2 cup cheese for the topping.
- In a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish that is lightly greased layer the chilies, cheese mixture and egg mixture alternating till all is used.
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the top and sprinkle the reserved cheese over the tomato sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 375 degrees.
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE
Love chile rellenos but can't be bothered with all the prep? Try this no-fry, no-fuss casserole that delivers on all the flavors and gooeyness of this traditional Mexican dish without all the work.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Roast the poblanos over an open flame or under the broiler until charred all over, turning as necessary, about 8 minutes. Put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to steam and loosen the skin, about 5 minutes. When cooled, remove the stems and run under cold water to peel off the blackened outer skin and remove the seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put 1 piece Colby Jack cheese in the center of each pepper. Pour half of enchilada sauce into an 8-inch square baking dish. Put half of the cheese-filled peppers on top of the enchilada sauce. Repeat with the remaining sauce and peppers.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until very frothy. Whisk in the Cheddar, milk, flour and baking powder. Gently pour the mixture over the peppers and sauce in the baking dish.
- Bake until the casserole is set in the center and golden brown all over, about 1 hour. Let rest for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Split the chiles open, and spread half the chiles into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Layer with the Cheddar cheese, and top with the rest of the canned chiles. Whisk together the eggs, flour, and evaporated milk in a bowl. Pour the mixture over the chiles and cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 30 minutes; remove casserole, and top with the Monterey Jack cheese. Pour the green chili salsa over the top; return to oven, and bake until the cheese is melted, about 15 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 563.7 calories, Carbohydrate 12.6 g, Cholesterol 210.7 mg, Fat 41.9 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 34.6 g, SaturatedFat 25 g, Sodium 1474.8 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
EASY CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese into bottom of a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Top with chiles.
- Add remaining cheese.
- Place flour in medium bowl.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
- Add eggs, stir until well blended.
- Pour mixture over Cheese.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve with Salsa, and desired toppings, such as sour cream, sliced ripe olives, chopped green onions.
More about "easy chile relleno casserole recipes"
EASY CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
Reviews 101Category DinnerCuisine Mexican, SouthwesternTotal Time 45 mins
- Spray a 9x9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Slice whole canned green chiles wide open; rinse out any seeds, then drain. Arrange half of the chiles in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle chiles with HALF of the grated jack and cheddar cheeses. Add remaining green chiles in another layer on top of the cheese. Top with remaining jack and cheddar cheeses.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, milk and salt until fully blended. Pour this mixture over the casserole, distributing evenly.
- Bake casserole (uncovered) at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown on top. Remove dish from oven and transfer to a wire rack. Let it cool and firm up for a few minutes, then slice casserole with sharp knife into 6 equal sized pieces, serve (a spatula works great) and enjoy!
EASY CHILE RELLENOS CASSEROLE - RECIPE RUNNER
FAMILY-FRIENDLY RECIPES & TRAVEL DESTINATIONS
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - DISHES DELISH
EASY DINNER: CHILE RELLENOS CASSEROLE - HONEST COOKING
EASY CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - MAMA HARRIS' KITCHEN
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
EASY CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE WITH BEEF - COPYKAT RECIPES
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE RECIPE - COOKING MEXICAN …
CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE - EASY PEASY MEALS
EASY & DELICOUS CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE · EASY FAMILY …
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - GONNA WANT SECONDS
10 BEST CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE | EASY RECIPE FOR BAKED CHILE RELLENO …
HOW TO MAKE EASY CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE ⋆ HOMEMADE FOR ELLE
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHEESY CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - THE ASHCROFT FAMILY TABLE
CHEESY CHILE RELLENOS CASSEROLE & QUICK RECIPE - OLD EL PASO
CHILI RELLENOS CASSEROLE
CHILES RELLENOS CASSEROLE WITH GROUND BEEF RECIPE
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE RECIPE - KEY TO MY LIME
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - BEYOND THE CHICKEN COOP
10 BEST CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE WITH GROUND BEEF RECIPES - YUMMLY
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - YUMMY HEALTHY EASY
BAKED CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - WONDERMOM WANNABE
SUPER EASY CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - EASY RECIPE CHEF
EASY CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE | GLUTEN FREE OPTION - THE FRESH COOKY
EASY CHILE RELLENOS CASSEROLE RECIPE | MY IMPERFECT KITCHEN
EASY CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - BELLY FULL
BEST EASY CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE – AUNT BEE'S RECIPES
EASY CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE RECIPE WITH FRESH PEPPERS – KETO LOW …
CHILES RELLENOS CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE RECIPE + VIDEO - EASY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
EASY CHEESY CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE (WITH POBLANO PEPPERS) - BERLY'S KITCHEN
TOP 40 CHILE RENO RECIPE-RECIPES
EASY CHILES RELLENOS CASSEROLE - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - FLAVOR MOSAIC
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
CHILE RELLENO CHICKEN CASSEROLE - CATHERINE'S PLATES
CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE PIONEER WOMAN - CHEFS & RECIPES
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #casseroles #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #mexican #oven #dietary #high-calcium #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is chile rellenos casserole?Easy Chile Rellenos Casserole is a delicious comfort food dinner or breakfast. This quiche-like casserole is made up of layers of green chiles and cheese. It’s a meal even the most novice cook can put together with less than 15 minutes of prep! Danae here from Recipe Runner to share this easy casserole!
How to make chili rellenos without all the work?Whisk together milk, flour, eggs, salt, and pepper. Layer chilies and beef in a baking dish. Pour milk mixture over layers. Top with cheese. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve and enjoy! Check out even more of my easy casseroles and recipes for beef. Chili Rellenos without all of the work! Beat together milk, flour, eggs, salt and pepper.
How do you make a green chili casserole?Sprinkle the chiles with HALF of the grated jack and cheddar cheeses, then add another layer of the remaining green chiles on top of the cheese. Top with the remaining jack and cheddar cheeses. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, milk and salt until fully blended. Pour this mixture over the casserole, distributing evenly.
How do you cook a can of Chiles in the oven?Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Evenly layer 1 can chile peppers in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and cover with remaining chile peppers. In a bowl, mix together the eggs, evaporated milk, and flour.