CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP
This creamy cauliflower soup flavored with curry powder and fresh ginger is topped with crunchy, salty cashews.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt the butter in a large wide pot or medium Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Add the cauliflower and curry powder and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the cauliflower is well coated in spice and slightly softened, about 5 minutes more. Add the broth and 2 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until the cauliflower is very tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Puree the soup in the pot with an immersion blender or, working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth, being careful not to fill the carafe more than half full per batch (keep the lid cracked to allow steam to escape). Rewarm the soup over medium heat and adjust the seasoning with additional salt and pepper. Ladle into 4 bowls and sprinkle with some cilantro and chopped cashews.
EASY CURRIED CAULIFLOWER
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, and cumin seeds. Cook and stir until the onion has turned golden brown; about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomato, cayenne pepper, salt, turmeric, and coriander. Continue cooking 2 more minutes, then stir in the cauliflower, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the kidney beans; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with garam masala to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138.6 calories, Carbohydrate 14.8 g, Fat 7.5 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 527.5 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
SIMPLE CAULIFLOWER SOUP
A nice and simple healthy soup. First the cauliflower is sauteed in butter with potatoes and onions, and then simmered in vegetable stock.
Provided by ANYTHINGISPOSSIBLE
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onion in the butter for 5 minutes. Stir in the cauliflower and potato and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender. Add the milk, stirring well to blend. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 137.1 calories, Carbohydrate 17.2 g, Cholesterol 16.7 mg, Fat 5.8 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 156.6 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
CURRIED CREAM OF CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Toss cauliflower florets with vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl; spread onto a baking sheet.
- Roast cauliflower in preheated oven until browned, about 25 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Saute onions in hot butter until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir garlic into the onion and continue to cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes more; season with curry powder, cayenne pepper, and ground turmeric. Cook the seasoned onion mixture, stirring continually, for 5 minutes more.
- Stir roasted cauliflower with the onion mixture. Pour stock over the cauliflower mixture. Place a cover on the saucepan and bring the stock to a boil. Immediately remove the cover, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer until the liquid reduces slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Puree mixture in the saucepan with an immersion blender until mostly smooth. Stir cream into the soup; season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359.2 calories, Carbohydrate 15.1 g, Cholesterol 89.9 mg, Fat 32.7 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 5.4 g, SaturatedFat 16.9 g, Sodium 1390.9 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the cauliflower, onion, and garlic on a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Bring vegetable stock, coconut milk, and curry paste to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the roasted vegetables, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Carefully puree the soup in a blender until it has reached your desired consistency, serve, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.2 calories, Carbohydrate 7.9 g, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.3 g, Sodium 235.5 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
EASY CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP
I found a really good basic cauliflower soup recipe and modified it. This soup is easy, healthy, and so good! It's really good with a little bit of butter or sour cream as a garnish.
Provided by Stacey Dodd
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion, carrots, red bell pepper, and garlic until tender and softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add cauliflower to vegetable mixture and pour in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Cook soup until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and blend soup using a hand blender until smooth.
- Place pot over low heat and add curry powder, butter, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to soup; simmer until flavors have blended, about 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75.1 calories, Carbohydrate 9.6 g, Cholesterol 4.2 mg, Fat 3.8 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 403.3 mg, Sugar 4 g
More about "easy curried cauliflower soup recipes"
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER AND APPLE SOUP - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine American, IndianCategory SoupsServings 6Calories 201 per serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the curry powder and cinnamon and cook a few minutes more.
- Add the cauliflower, apple, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and then turn the heat down to a simmer. Cover the pot and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Purée the soup with an immersion blender until completely smooth. (Alternatively, use a standard blender to purée the soup in batches; see note.) Stir in the honey and heavy cream. Bring the soup to a simmer, and then taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and more honey. (For a sweeter soup, you'll need 2-3 tablespoons more honey). Keep the soup warm while you prepare the garnish.
- For the garnish, toss the diced apples with the curry powder. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with a spoonful of curried apples.
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP - QUICK & EASY REAL FOOD RECIPES
5/5 (8)Total Time 30 minsCategory SoupCalories 111 per serving
- In a large pot, sauté the sliced onion in the olive oil (1 tablespoon) and the curry powder (1 tablespoon) over medium heat until onions are softened and curry power is fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth (4 cups), the cauliflower florets, and the kosher salt (1 teaspoon). Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer on low for about 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup to desired consistency (or a standing blender in batches). Stir in the grated zucchini and simmer for 3-5 more minutes, until zucchini is softened a bit.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Serve with extra veggies, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and a garnish of fresh cilantro, if desired.
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.2/5 (37)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 154 per serving
- To make the soup, saute the onion until soft and translucent. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
CREAMY CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
5/5 (7)Total Time 35 minsCategory SoupCalories 189 per serving
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, curry powder, cumin and turmeric. Continue to sauté for about 30 seconds, until the garlic is very fragrant.
10 MINUTE CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP - EASY HEALTHY RECIPES ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
EASY CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP - A TASTY KITCHEN
Cuisine HealthyCategory Dinner, Lunch, SoupServings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan, on a medium heat. Add the oil. Cook the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli, until soft and translucent. Add a pinch of salt with the onion, to help break them down.
- Add the curry powder (if it is too dry add a little more oil). Cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat, to cook out the curry powder and allowing the flavours to blend. You will know when it is ready as the aroma will be released!
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
4.8/5 (125)Total Time 1 hrCategory SoupCalories 221 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the cauliflower with enough coconut oil to lightly coat it (up to 3 tablespoons). Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast until the tips of the cauliflower are golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven or large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil until shimmering. Add the onion and a dash of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is turning translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the curry paste and lemon zest and stir to incorporate. Raise the heat to medium-high, add the wine, and cook, stirring frequently, until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Add all of the roasted cauliflower stems and half of the florets to the pot. Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk and sugar. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally. Continue simmering for 5 to 10 more minutes to meld the flavors, reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Let the soup cool for a few minutes, then carefully use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. (Or transfer the soup in small batches to a blender, blending until each batch is smooth. Don’t ever fill your blender past the maximum fill line, and beware of the steam escaping from the lid.)
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER TOMATO SOUP RECIPE - LAVENDER & MACARONS
Cuisine IndianTotal Time 1 hrCategory SoupCalories 456 per serving
- In a large pot heat olive oil, add onion, carrot and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Sauté stirring occasionally until onion is translucent and vegetables are flavorful, about 7 minutes.
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP – FEASTING AT HOME
5/5 (28)Total Time 35 minsCategory SoupCalories 329 per serving
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottom pot or dutch oven, over medium-high heat. Add onions, saute 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and apple and keep sauteing, turning heat down if need be, until golden and fragrant, about 4-5 minutes. Add cauliflower, veggie broth, curry powder, coriander, turmeric and salt. Stir.
- Add the lime juice, and stir in the coconut milk. (I used about 1/2 of a 14-ounce can, both solids and liquid- feel free to add more coconut milk to taste- personally, it felt too heavy using it all-but up to you! If you do add more, you may need more salt.)
HEALTHY CURRIED CAULIFLOWER "RICE" SOUP - SIMPLE HEALTHY ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 minsCategory Main Dish, Side DishCalories 231 per serving
- In a medium bowl combine curry, turmeric, garlic powder, cumin, paprika and red pepper flakes. Add cauliflower rice and mix to coat. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions become transparent (about 5-6 minutes). Add cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in carrots, celery and ginger. Add broth, bring to a boil, then turn down heat and allow to simmer (covered) until veggies are tender ( about 15- 20 minutes).
- Add coconut milk and chopped kale and continue to cook until kale is wilted and bright green ( about 2 minutes). Salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro and chopped peanuts.
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH COCONUT MILK (PALEO RECIPE ...
Ratings 3Calories 251 per servingCategory Soup
- Melt coconut oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add in garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, curry, and harissa/curry paste, then cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Cover with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Stir in the coconut milk, then remove from heat. Using a hand blender, process until it reaches a thick creamy consistency.
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Starters & Nibbles
DR. GUNDRY'S VEGAN CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE | GUNDRYMD
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE – BLENDTEC
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCalories 100 per serving
QUICK CREAM OF CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Calories 393Saturated Fat 18g 89%Cholesterol 83mg 28%Total Fat 28g 36%
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE - TOM KERRIDGE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BAKED CHICKEN CURRY COCONUT MILK / EASY THAI SHRIMP SOUP ...
EASY CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP - CAULIFLOWER
SWEET POTATO SOUP RECIPE: VEGAN CURRIED CAULIFLOWER, SWEET ...
EASY CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & LENTIL CURRY SOUP - FEEL IT SHARE IT
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make curried cauliflower soup?Bring vegetable stock, coconut milk, and curry paste to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the roasted vegetables, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Carefully puree the soup in a blender until it has reached your desired consistency, serve, and enjoy!
How to make cauliflower soup with coconut milk?Melt coconut oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add in garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, curry, and harissa/curry paste, then cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add in the cauliflower and broth, and bring to a simmer.
How long does it take to make cauliflower soup?Add the vegetable broth (4 cups), the cauliflower florets, and the kosher salt (1 teaspoon). Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer on low for about 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup to desired consistency (or a standing blender in batches).
How long do you cook cauliflower in a stir fry?Add the onion and fry for 1-2 minutes, or until just softened. Stir in the curry powder and cook for a further minute, then add the cauliflower and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.