- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onion in butter.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored.
- Stir into hot white sauce along with spinach and cheese.
- Fold in egg whites beaten until stiff, not dry, peaks are formed; turn into greased 1 1/2 qt casserole.
- Set in pan of hot water and bake about 50 minutes.
- White Sauce: Melt butter, stir in flour and heat until bubbly.
- Gradually add milk or cream, stirring constantly; cook 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Makes about 1 cup.
- Serve immediately.
EASY SPINACH SOUFFLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg, milk, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Fold in spinach. Place in a small casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until lightly set.
- NOTE: If you are in a hurry, use a microwave safe casserole dish, cover with plastic wrap, and cook on high for 3 minutes. Release the steam, recover, and cook on high for another 3 minutes. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89.3 calories, Carbohydrate 6.8 g, Cholesterol 43.9 mg, Fat 4.1 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 489 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
CLASSIC FRENCH SPINACH SOUFFLé
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Brush the inside of a 4 to 6-cup soufflé or deep casserole dish with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the softened butter , or grease six (5 to 6-ounce) individual ramekins, dividing the butter evenly. Sprinkle the buttered surface evenly with the grated Parmesan cheese. Set aside while you prepare the filling.
- Heat a large saucepan over low heat and add the chopped spinach. Sauté until it wilts and the juices have evaporated; keep a close eye on it as the spinach can burn. Let cool, then squeeze out excess liquid. Set aside.
- In a separate medium saucepan, melt the remaining butter over medium heat and stir in the flour and salt with a wooden spoon. Cook for 30 seconds, mixing constantly, to cook down the flour.
- Add the milk while whisking vigorously and cook for about 4 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
- Add the cooked spinach to the white sauce and continue cooking over medium heat for 1 minute. Season the mixture with black pepper, nutmeg, and more salt if needed.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and whisk in 1/2 cup of the hot spinach mixture to temper it.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the pan, stirring to completely incorporate; remove from the heat. Do not overheat the mixture or you risk it separating; if this happens, unfortunately, there is no way to fix it.
- In a scrupulously clean bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently stir 1/3 of the egg whites into the spinach mixture.
- Then fold the remaining egg whites into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish(es) and bake for 30 minutes, until the soufflé is puffed up and cooked through. A single souffle may take a few minutes longer.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192 kcal, Carbohydrate 7 g, Cholesterol 127 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 264 mg, Sugar 2 g, Fat 15 g, ServingSize Serves 6, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
Nothing to worry about here, folks: This souffle is the opposite of fussy. Right out of the oven it's gloriously light and airy like a souffle should be, but as it deflates it becomes rich and decadent -- meaning that even if your souffle collapses, it's still going to be amazing.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the spinach in a colander to drain, pressing out as much excess liquid as you can.
- Make the bechamel sauce: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add the flour and stir until it becomes a thick paste. Add the milk 1/2 cup at a time, whisking well after each addition, until you have a smooth sauce. Remove from the heat and whisk in the salt, nutmeg and pepper. Taste for seasoning. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the egg whites until just frothy with an electric mixer. Add the cream of tartar and beat on high speed until it forms firm peaks. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl until they are pale yellow, then add the warm bechamel sauce a bit at a time. Switch to a large rubber spatula; gently mix in the spinach, Parmesan and 1/2 cup Romano. Fold in a third of the egg whites to lighten, then gently fold in the remaining egg whites until thoroughly combined but still light and fluffy.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart souffle dish with cooking spray or softened butter, then add the remaining 1/2 cup Romano and rotate the dish to coat the bottom and sides with the cheese. Pour in the souffle batter, then bake until puffy and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
THE VERY MOST BASIC SPINACH AND CHEESE SOUFFLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and dust a 1-1/2 quart souffle dish with grated Parmesan or breadcrumbs. Separate the eggs. Put egg whites in mixer bowl with cream of tartar. To make a white sauce, in a medium saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter or margarine until it bubbles. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly. Stir in milk all at once, than cook and stir until mixture boils and is smooth and thickened. To flavor the white sauce, stir in the cheese until melted. Stir in the spinach. Set aside. Beat the egg whites only until they cling to the side of the mixing bowl when you roll and tilt it. Add the yolks to the sauce, and stir. To fold the sauce into the whites, first mix about a quarter of the whites right into the sauce in the pan, then empty the sauce into the whites in the mixing bowl. Gingerly but thoroughly fold the sauce into the whites. Then pour that mixture into the prepared souffle dish. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes. Don't open oven door for at least 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
SPINACH SOUFFLE SIDE DISH
You just can't make an easier, more delicious side dish than this. It's great with beef, pork and lamb, and I especially like serving it for a festive meal like New Year's Eve. -Bette Duffy, Kenmore, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° until edges are lightly browned, 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375 calories, Fat 33g fat (20g saturated fat), Cholesterol 228mg cholesterol, Sodium 630mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
SPINACH SOUFFLE CASSEROLE
I've taken this dish to many church and school potlucks, and every time I serve it, it seems that several people ask for the recipe. At home, I usually serve it with homemade muffins and some fruit.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In large bowl, combine cottage cheese and eggs. Add spinach, 1-1/4 cups cheddar cheese, salt and nutmeg. Spoon into greased 12x7-1/2x2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° until set, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and let stand 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts :
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Position rack in the center of the oven. Coat a 2-quart souffle dish or 6 individual (8-ounce) dishes with cooking spray. Coat with breadcrumbs. Tap out excess; set aside.
- Fill a bowl with ice and water; set aside. Place a steamer basket in a large saucepan; fill with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil, and add the spinach. Cover, and steam until wilted, about 3 minutes. Drain, and plunge into ice bath to stop cooking. Let cool, and squeeze out excess water. Place the spinach in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until finely chopped; set aside. You should have about 1 cup.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk, and bring just to a simmer. Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk 2 egg yolks until blended. Whisk in a little white sauce to temper the eggs, then add the remaining sauce, whisking until combined. Add the cooked spinach and grated cheese.
- Place the 4 egg whites and cream of tartar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on low until soft peaks begin to form. Increase speed to high; beat until stiff peaks form and egg whites are smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer 1/3 of egg whites to spinach mixture; gently fold in until blended. Add spinach mixture to remaining egg whites; gently fold in until just combined. Pour into prepared dish or dishes.
- Place souffle in oven, and reduce heat to 375 degrees. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use the oil to coat a 2-quart souffle dish. Set aside.
- Cook the spinach over medium-high heat, stirring until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well, pressing out excess liquid.
- Puree in a food processor the spinach, ricotta, feta, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Scrape into a bowl and stir in 3 of the egg whites. Whip the remaining whites to soft peaks and gently fold them into the spinach mixture. Pour into the prepared dish and bake until set, about 40 minutes. Spoon onto plates and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 182, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 11 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 729 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
This stuff is good! It is easy because you use a crockpot. We use it to dip nachos in and it is awesome! I can eat all of it! It is also a side dish too. It is great! The onion may be omitted if you do not like it.
Provided by Jamie Lynne
Yield 1 spinach souffle
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix thawed and drained spinach together with onion.
- Beat remaining ingredients and blend in spinach mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly buttered 3 1/2 quart crockpot and cook on high for 2-3 hours.
GRANDMA'S SPINACH SOUFFLE BAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease sides and bottom of an 8 inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese and eggs. Stir in spinach, salt, nutmeg, and 11/4 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese. Mix until well blended. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134.2 calories, Carbohydrate 4.3 g, Cholesterol 67 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 12.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 406.5 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
More about "easy spinach souffle recipes"
EASY SPINACH SOUFFLE RECIPE - LIVING SWEET MOMENTS
4.1/5 (72)Total Time 46 minsCategory Side DishCalories 86 per serving
EASY SPINACH SOUFFLéS RECIPE - ANDREW ZIMMERN | FOOD
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Butter six 10-ounce ramekins and coat with bread crumbs, shaking out the excess. Arrange the ramekins on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the 6 tablespoons of butter. Add the shallot and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the dill and oregano and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the flour and cook, whisking constantly, until bubbling and lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately low heat, stirring, until the mixture has thickened and no floury taste remains, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in the nutmeg and season the béchamel with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with 1/2 cup of the béchamel, then beat in the remaining béchamel. Fold in the spinach, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and both cheeses. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large stainless steel bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar at high speed until medium-firm peaks form; do not overbeat. Fold one-third of the whites into the soufflé base to lighten it, then gently fold in the remaining whites until no streaks remain.
EASY, CROWD-PLEASING BAKED SPINACH PARMESAN SOUFFLé
SPINACH SOUFFLE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
EASY RECIPE FOR CHEESE SOUFFLE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHEESY SPINACH SOUFFLE - FOOD CHANNEL
REALLY SIMPLE SPINACH SOUFFLE | MRFOOD.COM
SPINACH SOUFFLé | CARRIE’S EXPERIMENTAL KITCHEN
FAST AND EASY SPINACH SOUFFLE - SMARTERFITTER
LIGHT SPINACH SOUFFLE - JAMIE GELLER
STOUFFER'S SPINACH SOUFFLé (COPYCAT) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
10 BEST FRESH SPINACH SOUFFLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY SPINACH SOUFFLé THAT ANYONE CAN DO - KITCHENETTE RECIPES
SPINACH SOUFFLé RECIPE (EASY, CLASSIC RECIPE) | KITCHN
SPINACH SOUFFLéS - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
EASIEST SPINACH SOUFFLE - FOOD CHANNEL
BEST EVER SPINACH & CHEESE LOW CARB SOUFFLE - LECTIN FREE FOODIE
SPINACH SOUFFLéS | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION RECIPES
EASY SPINACH SOUFFLE - GREENS
MOCK SPINACH SOUFFLE, QUICK, EASY VEGETABLE RECIPES. - FOOD NEWS
CREAMY SPINACH SOUFFLé FAST2EAT
EASY SPINACH SOUFFLéS - ANDREW ZIMMERN
EASY SPINACH SOUFFLé RECIPE IN BLENDER — MY SWEET RECIPES
CHEESY SPINACH SOUFFLE - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
EASY SPINACH SOUFFLE RECIPE | RECIPE | SOUFFLE RECIPES, SPINACH …
EASY SPINACH SOUFFLE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASIEST SPINACH SOUFFLE - YOUTUBE
EASY SPINACH & BACON SOUFFLé - BARBER FAMILY KITCHEN
SPINACH SOUFFLé (STOUFFER’S COPYCAT) RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
SPINACH SOUFFLE - JAMIE GELLER
SPINACH AND CHEESE SOUFFLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EASY KETO SPINACH SOUFFLE - A HEALTHY PLANT-BASED RECIPE
HOMEMADE SPINACH SOUFFLE – DELICIOUS AND EASY RECIPE
EASY SPINACH CHEESE SOUFFLE | COZI FAMILY ORGANIZER
DELICIOUS SPINACH AND GOAT CHEESE SOUFFLé: EASY RECIPE
EASY SPINACH SOUFFLE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a spinach soufflé?A spinach soufflé folds cooked spinach into a white sauce that’s enriched with cheese, making it a great savory side or main dish. As I was researching different recipes for spinach soufflé, I noticed that Julia Child and Ina Garten had very similar ones. I can’t think of two sources I would trust more, so this recipe doesn’t stray very far.
How do you make a souffle from scratch?Recipe courtesy of Howard Helmer Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and dust a 1-1/2 quart souffle dish with grated Parmesan or breadcrumbs. Separate the eggs. Put egg whites in mixer bowl with cream of tartar. To make a white sauce, in a medium saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter or margarine until it bubbles.
How do you cook Romano cheese in a souffle?Lightly grease a 2-quart souffle dish with cooking spray or softened butter, then add the remaining 1/2 cup Romano and rotate the dish to coat the bottom and sides with the cheese. Pour in the souffle batter, then bake until puffy and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
How long to cook spinach and egg casserole?Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl whisk together egg, milk, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Fold in spinach. Place in a small casserole dish. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until lightly set.