Here is a recipe I use for beautifully delicious lemon cupcakes. Ideally, you'd use buttercream frosting to ice cupcakes, but I tried these with Lemon Cream Icing for a less buttery icing, and they were perfect! These cupcakes are truly lighter than air and will melt in your mouth.
Provided by friedbluetomato
Categories Desserts Fruit Dessert Recipes Lemon Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 30 cupcake pan cups with paper liners.
- Sift the self-rising flour and salt together in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the unsalted butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating each egg until incorporated before adding the next. Mix in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Gently beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture, one third at a time, alternating with half the milk and half the lemon juice after each of the first 2 additions of flour. Beat until just combined; do not over mix.
- Fill the prepared cupcake liners with batter 3/4 full, and bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 17 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool in the pans for about 10 minutes before removing them to finish cooling on a rack.
- To make the icing, beat the cream in a chilled bowl with an electric mixer set on Low until the cream begins to thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice, a little at a time, beating after each addition, until fully incorporated. Increase the mixer speed to High, and beat until the icing forms soft peaks, about 5 minutes. Spread on the cooled cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232 calories, Carbohydrate 26.7 g, Cholesterol 63.6 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 259.8 mg, Sugar 16.8 g
TRIPLE LEMON CUPCAKES
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners. Combine the flour and almonds in a food processor and pulse until the almonds are finely ground, about 1 minute. Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt and pulse to combine.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, vegetable oil and lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Add the flour mixture and whisk until just combined. Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling them three-quarters of the way. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool in the pan 5 minutes; remove to a rack to cool completely.
- Make the frosting: Combine 2/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan; cook over medium-high heat until a candy thermometer registers 240 degrees F, about 12 minutes. Beat the egg whites in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until foamy; increase the speed to medium high and beat until soft peaks form, 2 minutes. Sprinkle in the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form, 3 minutes. With the mixer running, slowly pour in the sugar syrup and beat until cool and glossy, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the butter a little at a time, beating until incorporated. (It's OK if the mixture looks curdled at first; continue beating.) Beat in the food coloring, then add the lemon zest and juice and beat until smooth, 2 more minutes.
- Make the candied zest: Remove the lemon zest with a vegetable peeler and slice into thin strands. Place in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to a simmer over high heat. Drain the zest and return it to the saucepan; cover with water and repeat 2 more times. Bring the sugar and 3/4 cup water to a bare simmer in a separate saucepan, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the lemon zest strands and cook over low heat, 20 minutes. Drain the zest and arrange in clusters on a parchment-lined baking sheet; let dry.
- Frost the cupcakes and top with the candied lemon zest.
LEMON MERINGUE CUPCAKES
- Prepare the lemon cake mix according to the package instructions to make 24 cupcakes. Let cool completely.
- Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out a well from the top center of each cupcake. Trim the bottoms of the scooped pieces of cake to use as plugs.
- Place about 2 teaspoons lemon curd into the well of each cupcake and plug the hole with the reserved trimmed cake pieces.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the egg whites and cream of tartar. Mix the egg whites on medium-high speed until frothy, about 1 minute. Slowly pour in the sugar and continue to beat until the egg whites are glossy and form stiff peaks, about 5 minutes.
- Fit a pastry bag with a medium to large round pastry tip. Fill the pastry bag with the meringue. Pipe the meringue in a circular motion on top of each cupcake. Transfer the cupcakes to a sheet tray. Use a kitchen torch to toast the meringue tops until nicely browned, like a toasted marshmallow.
Love lemon? Then you'll enjoy these golden cupcakes-a nice change from chocolate or white.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups, grease bottoms and sides of muffin cups with shortening and lightly flour, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping bowl occasionally. Beat 2 minutes longer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture, about one-third at a time, and milk, about half at a time, beating just until blended.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each with about 3 tablespoons batter or until about two-thirds full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans; place on cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Frost with desired frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Cupcake, Sodium 190 mg, Sugar 11 g, TransFat 0 g
EXTRA MOIST LEMON CUPCAKES
Make and share this Extra Moist Lemon Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by grandma2969
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350*.Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- To make the batter:.
- whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl -- set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat the butter till light and fluffy --
- With mixer on high speed, gradually beat in sugar, and continue beating till mixture is very light and fluffy.
- Lower speed to medium, beat in eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended, then beat in lemon juice, and zest and extract.
- Lower speed to low, alternately beat in flour mixture and yogurt.beating just till blended.
- to make the syrup.stir lemon juice and sugar in small cup --
- Gently remove paper.replace baked cakes in tins, spoon syrup over the cakes.cool completely on rack --
- Handle the cakes very gently.they will be tender and sticky.
- Bake cakes about 20 minutes -- .
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176.7, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 4.2, Cholesterol 47.6, Sodium 135.3, Carbohydrate 26, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 15, Protein 2.9
Usher in spring with these tender, lemony cupcakes. It's a recipe from my mother that I spiced up a bit. -Bertina Nicholas-Johnson, Waynesboro, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and extracts. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cream. Beat just until combined. , Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 325° for 15-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely., For frosting, in a small bowl, beat shortening until fluffy. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar, extracts and enough milk to reach spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319 calories, Fat 14g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 79mg cholesterol, Sodium 124mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
LEMON CREAM CUPCAKES
Instead of a layer cake, serve guests these delicate cupcakes tinged with a tangy lemon flavor. -Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition (batter will be thick). , Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. , For frosting, cream butter and confectioners' sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add the lemon juice, vanilla, lemon zest and milk; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. If desired, sprinkle with additional lemon zest.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244 calories, Fat 11g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 48mg cholesterol, Sodium 178mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "lemon cupcakes recipes"
LEMON CUPCAKES - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.6/5 (23)Total Time 1 hrCategory Baked Goods, DessertCalories 219 per serving
- Combine the milk and lemon juice in a measuring jug then allow to thicken before whisking in the oil, lemon zest, sugar and eggs.
THE MOST AMAZING LEMON CUPCAKES | PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
4.7/5 (15)Servings 12
- For the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. In another small bowl, toss together sugar and lemon zest until combined.
- Using a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and lemon-sugar mixture on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary. On medium speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined. With the mixer on low speed, add half of the dry ingredients and beat just until combined. Add milk and lemon juice and beat until combined. Add the other half of the dry ingredients and beat slowly until just combined. Do not overmix – the less you mix, the lighter the cupcakes will be.
- Divide batter evenly between the cups, filling them about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs. Allow cupcakes to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
LEMON CUPCAKES RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
3.5/5 (638)Total Time 1 hrServings 12Calories 318 per serving
LEMON CUPCAKES RECIPE - HANDLE THE HEAT
CHERRY LEMON CUPCAKES - LUCKY LEAF
LEMON CUPCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
EASY LEMON CUPCAKES WITH LEMON BUTTERCREAM | BEYOND FROSTING
LEMON CUPCAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST LEMON CUPCAKES WITH LEMON PUDDING RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEMON CUPCAKES RECIPE - DELICIOUS LEMON CUPCAKES
LEMON CUPCAKES WITH VANILLA FROSTING - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
LEMON CUPCAKES- MOIST, LIGHT, AND SO LEMON-Y! -BAKING A MOMENT
EASY LEMON CUPCAKES WITH LEMON BUTTERCREAM | LIFE LOVE …
THE BEST LEMON CUPCAKES EVER - SWEETEST MENU
LEMON CUPCAKES RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN - INTERNET COOKING …
LEMON MERINGUE CUPCAKES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
LEMON CUPCAKES (FROM SCRATCH) - THE CHUNKY CHEF
STRAWBERRY LEMON CUPCAKES - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
LEMON CUPCAKES - PREPPY KITCHEN
LEMON CUPCAKES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
FLUFFY & DECADENT LEMON CUPCAKES RECIPE • MIDGETMOMMA
PERFECT LEMON CUPCAKES - CUPCAKE PROJECT
LEMON CUPCAKES WITH LEMON CREAM FROSTING - FAVORITE FAMILY …
LEMON CUPCAKES - IF YOU GIVE A BLONDE A KITCHEN
MOIST & DELICIOUS LEMON CUPCAKES RECIPE - YOUTUBE
LEMON FILLED CUPCAKES - NANA'S BEST RECIPES
LEMON CUPCAKES RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
LEMON CUPCAKES WITH LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING | THE RECIPE …
LEMON CURD CUPCAKE RECIPE
DELIGHTFUL LITTLE LEMON CUPCAKES WITH LEMON FILLING
LEMON CUPCAKES - SUGAR SPUN RUN
EASY LEMON CUPCAKES WITH LEMON BUTTERCREAM | I AM BAKER
EASY LEMON CUPCAKES (+ LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING!) - AVERIE …
LEMON CUPCAKES RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
PERFECT LEMON CUPCAKE RECIPE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
LEMON CURD CUPCAKE RECIPE - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
HOMEMADE LEMON CUPCAKES - THE COUNTRY COOK
LEMON POPPY SEED CUPCAKES – FLOURIST
LEMON CUPCAKE RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
10 BEST LEMON CUPCAKES WITH CAKE MIX RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST LEMON CUPCAKES + LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #cupcakes #desserts #fruit #oven #picnic #cakes #citrus #lemon #to-go #equipment
You'll also love