ORANGE VEGAN CAKE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Blend orange in the blender until liquified; measure 1 cup orange juice.
- Whisk orange juice, flour, sugar, vegetable oil, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157.2 calories, Carbohydrate 22.8 g, Fat 7 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 154.6 mg, Sugar 13.6 g
VEGAN ORANGE CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare two 8-inch* (see notes) cake pans by spraying with non-stick spray and lining the bottoms with circles of parchment paper.
- Sift the all purpose flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt and mix in.
- Add soy milk, oil, vinegar, vanilla extract, orange extract and orange zest and mix it into a batter. Don't overmix.
- Divide the batter between the two prepared cake pans and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool for a few minutes in the pans before removing them from the cake pans and placing on a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare your frosting by adding the powdered sugar, vegan butter, salt and orange extract to the bowl of a stand mixer and starting at slow speed, gradually increase speed until the frosting is thick and smooth.
- When the cakes are cooled frost the cake and decorate with orange zest and orange slices around the sides (optional).
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Slice, Calories 541 kcal, Sugar 60 g, Sodium 469 mg, Fat 22 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, TransFat 0.1 g, Carbohydrate 82 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g, UnsaturatedFat 17 g
ONE BOWL VEGAN ORANGE CAKE
Vegan Orange Cake made in 1 Bowl and just 8 ingredients! Easy Moist Citrusy Vegan Cake. Soyfree Palm-Oil-free Recipe. Makes 1 8 or 9 inch cake pan.
Provided by Vegan Richa
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180ºc. Line a 8 or 9 inch cake pan with parchment, or grease well and dust with flour.
- In a bowl whisk all the dry ingredients until combined well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix until smooth. Pour the batter in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or a toothpick from near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing.
- Add frosting of choice like vegan cream cheese frosting, or with whipped coconut cream and fruit, or make a boozy marmalade glaze.
- For the boozy glaze: Mix a tbsp of liquor in a 1/4 cup of orange or apricot marmalade or preserves of choice. Heat for a few minutes until bubbling. Use as glaze or serve with each slice.
- For a regular glaze: Use a tbsp orange juice mixed with the marmalade, or mix 2 to 3 tbsp orange juice with a 1/3 cup or more powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346 kcal, Carbohydrate 64 g, Protein 6 g, Fat 8 g, Sodium 238 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 27 g, ServingSize 1 serving
VEGAN ORANGE CAKE
- In a bowl mix all purpose flour, baking powder, icing sugar and vanilla sugar (if using).
- Before juicing oranges grate the peel from one of them. Add to dry ingredients and mix in.
- In another bowl or cup mix vegetable oil and orange juice (2/3 cup) - they don't need to be perfectly combined.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ones and mix with spatula just enough for the dough to come together. Don't overmix. The dough should be loose and shiny. If you see it's still dry and hard to stir add 2tbsp juice more.
- Place your dough in a loaf tray lined with baking paper. Even the surface using spoon or spatula. Bake in 180°C / 350°F for 40-45 minutes. Your cake is ready when toothpick you poke inside comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts :
SIMPLE ORANGE CAKE
- Sift all-purpose flour + baking powder + baking soda + cinnamon + powdered sugar + salt to a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add orange juice + oil + orange zest + vanilla extract to the bowl. Whisk well until smooth.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking pan and bake at 160 C / 320 F for 40 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let it sit for 5-8 minutes. Carefully remove from the pan and transfer to a cake stand.
- Time to make the frosting. To a mixing bowl, add chilled coconut cream + powdered sugar + orange zest. Using an electric beater, beat until everything is nice and fluffy.
- Gently and evenly spread this frosting on top of the cake.*
- Garnish with chopped pistachios + orange peel + mint leaves. Your orange cake is now ready. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 622 kcal, Carbohydrate 72 g, Protein 8 g, Fat 35 g, SaturatedFat 20 g, TransFat 1 g, Sodium 393 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 29 g, UnsaturatedFat 14 g, ServingSize 1 serving
VEGAN CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE
Bake our indulgent vegan chocolate orange cake with a smooth chocolate frosting. This sponge is perfect for a special occasion or weekend treat
Provided by Georgina Kiely - Digital food editor, bbcgoodfood.com
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Use a little of the Flora Plant Unsalted to butter the base and sides of a deep 23cm cake tin, then line with baking parchment.
- Put the plant milk in a jug and mix in the zest and juice of one orange and the cider vinegar. Leave to thicken slightly for 5 mins.
- Beat 150g of the Flora Plant Unsalted with the caster sugar using an electric whisk for 1 min until creamy, then add the milk mixture, vanilla extract and a small pinch of salt. Sieve in the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Beat again until combined, and scrape into the prepared tin. Bake for 35 mins - 40 mins until risen and firm to the touch, and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool for 10 mins in the tin, then turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, melt the chocolate in short bursts in the microwave, stirring well between each burst, or in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (ensuring the bowl doesn't touch the water), until smooth. Leave to cool for 5 mins. Whisk the remaining Flora Plant Unsalted (just under 100g) with the icing sugar and zest of the remaining orange for a few mins until creamy, then mix in the cooled chocolate until smooth.
- Put the cooled chocolate cake on a cake stand or plate, and smooth the frosting over the top, spreading it to the sides. Will keep for up to three days in an airtight cake tin. Decorate with more orange zest and chocolate shavings, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 56 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 35 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.32 milligram of sodium
More about "orange vegan cake recipes"
VEGAN ORANGE CAKE RECIPE | EGGLESS MOIST ORANGE CAKE …
VEGAN CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE RECIPE WITH DECADENT …
EGGLESS ORANGE CAKE - SPICE UP THE CURRY
DREAMY VEGAN ORANGE CAKE | YUP, IT'S VEGAN RECIPES
VEGAN WHOLE ORANGE CAKE - RAINBOW NOURISHMENTS
GLUTEN-FREE VEGAN ORANGE CAKE - RHIAN'S RECIPES
VEGAN ORANGE CAKE • COOK US VEGAN
THE BEST VEGAN CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE - CUISINE AND TRAVEL
VEGAN RECIPE: STICKY ORANGE CAKE WITH MARMALADE GLAZE
VEGAN CHOCOLATE ORANGE SHEET CAKE - THE LITTLE BLOG OF VEGAN
VEGAN ORANGE LOAF CAKE RECIPE - BAKE WITH SHIVESH
SUPER MOIST VEGAN ORANGE CAKE - TARALINGA ESTATE
EASY ORANGE DRIZZLE CAKE | SIMPLY HEALTHY VEGAN
PINEAPPLE ORANGE CAKE RECIPE - NIKKI VEGAN
10 BEST ORANGE DESSERT VEGAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY VEGAN ORANGE CAKE • COOK US VEGAN
VEGAN ORANGE CAKE - BAKEDBYCLO | VEGAN DESSERT BLOG
VEGAN ORANGE CAKE - KIIPFIT.COM
VEGAN ORANGE CAKE, SUPER LIGHT AND MOIST - VEGAN TEST KITCHEN
VEGAN ORANGE CURD CAKE - THE LITTLE BLOG OF VEGAN
VEGAN ORANGE CAKE + ORANGE CURD FILLING - PLANT BASED SCHOOL
VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE ORANGE OLIVE OIL CAKE RECIPE
VEGAN ORANGE CAKE WITH OLIVE OIL - FROM MY BOWL
ORANGE LOAF CAKE (VEGAN) - ADDICTED TO DATES
VEGAN WHOLE ORANGE CAKE - THE CHESTNUT CANDLE
UPSIDE-DOWN ORANGE CAKE [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN ORANGE CAKE - TICKLING PALATES
VEGAN ORANGE AND ALMOND CAKE - HEALTHYFRENCHWIFE
STICKY VEGAN ORANGE CAKE | THE VEG SPACE
VEGAN CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE - VEGAN FOOD & LIVING
BLOOD ORANGE CAKE (VEGAN BUNDT CAKE) - BIANCA ZAPATKA | RECIPES
VEGAN ORANGE ALMOND CAKE - WE MADE THIS VEGAN
ORANGE LOAF CAKE - CUPFUL OF KALE
VEGAN CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE - PLANT BASED JESS
VEGAN ORANGE OLIVE OIL CAKE - DELISH KNOWLEDGE
GLUTEN-FREE VEGAN ORANGE POUND CAKE - RHIAN'S RECIPES
ORANGE CAKE (EGGLESS, VEGAN, WHOLE WHEAT) - DASSANA'S VEG …
VEGAN ORANGE CHOCOLATE CAKE - PINT SIZED BAKER
ORANGE VEGAN CAKE - SECONDRECIPE
VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE ORANGE ALMOND CAKE - HEALTHIER STEPS
VEGAN CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE - CUPFUL OF KALE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make an orange cake?Directions. Blend orange in the blender until liquified; measure 1 cup orange juice. Whisk orange juice, flour, sugar, vegetable oil, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Is chocolate orange cake vegan?Unless otherwise specified, chocolate orange cake is not likely vegan. Traditional cake recipes usually contain eggs and/or dairy. Luckily, this cake is super easy to make vegan. It doesn’t even need any dairy or egg substitution, making this recipe simple to bake without any fancy ingredients!
How do you make vegan chocolate cake frosting with orange frosting?Whisk the remaining vegan spread (just under 100g) with the icing sugar and zest of the remaining orange for a few mins until creamy, then mix in the cooled chocolate until smooth. Put the cooled chocolate cake on a cake stand or plate, and smooth the frosting over the top, spreading it to the sides.
Can you use vegetable oil to bake orange cake?7. Vegan Orange cake is ready to be sliced and serve with coffee or tea. I have used EV olive oil to bake the cake but you can also use any unflavored vegetable oil. You can replace half of all purpose flour with whole wheat flour but the cake will be dense and not as moist and soft as it should be.