This well-seasoned frittata, starring ham, eggs, cheese and pasta, is always popular on a buffet. It bakes up a lovely golden brown and slices like a dream. Folks can bring their appetites when this dish is served and walk away satisfied! - Penny McBride Decatur, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In an ovenproof skillet, saute onion in oil. Add ham and garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Remove and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and egg whites. Add cheese, parsley and seasonings. Add the ham mixture and pasta., Coat the same skillet with cooking spray if necessary. Add pasta mixture. Cover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Uncover. Bake at 400° for 13 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301 calories, Fat 15g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 251mg cholesterol, Sodium 1107mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
LEFTOVER PASTA FRITTATA
This frittata recipe answers the question of what to do with leftover pasta-or what to make when you're looking for a hearty meal. When testing different pasta types, we found that long, thin strands, such as spaghetti or linguine, are ideal because they cradled the egg nicely. We added bright cherry tomatoes, creamy mozzarella and sharp Parmesan for extra freshness and flavor.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the bacon in an oven-safe, medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, about 4 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, then continue to cook until tender, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes more. Reduce the heat to medium-low, then stir in the cooked pasta, tomatoes and half of the mozzarella, tossing until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, tomato sauce, milk, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper together in a large bowl until combined. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, then jiggle the pan to evenly distribute. Top with the Parmesan and remaining mozzarella.
- Bake until the eggs are set and frittata is browned around the edges, about 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then invert onto a platter or cutting board. Cut into wedges and serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
This dish is one recipe calling for leftover pasta that is actually worth planning for. It's portable, it's endlessly versatile, and it's practically foolproof. Substitute almost any cheese for the Parmesan (or leave it out altogether) and toss in any cooked vegetable or meat. Make it your own. One last bit of advice from Mr. Bittman: "The key to extreme enjoyment is to make sure that some ends of pasta pieces protrude from the top of the mixture when you put it in the oven. They will become crunchy, giving the leftover pasta yet one more pleasant dimension."
Provided by Mark Bittman
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- If using leftover cooked pasta, chop it up. If using dried pasta, bring a large pot of water to a boil, and salt it. Cook pasta until barely tender, somewhat short of where you would normally cook it. Drain, and immediately toss it in a wide bowl with half the butter or oil. Cool it a bit.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put remaining butter or oil in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet, and turn heat to medium-high. If you are using meat, add it, and cook, stirring occasionally until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. (If not using meat, proceed.)
- In large bowl, combine pasta with remaining ingredients, along with salt and pepper (less salt if you are using meat). Pour into skillet, and turn heat to medium-low. Use a spoon if necessary to even out top of frittata. Cook undisturbed until mixture firms up on bottom, then transfer to oven. Bake just until top is set, about 10 minutes. Remove, and serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 286, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 15 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 322 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
SPAGHETTI FRITTATA FROM LEFTOVERS
An ideal lunch snack or light dinner from leftovers that can be prepared in advance. The recipe is very versatile and can easily be adapted to what you have on hand and how much leftover pasta there is, but I like it best with marinara sauce. - The amounts given work well only for spaghetti or other long pasta that can be packed tightly. Short pasta needs more egg mixture and the wedges won't hold together too well.
Provided by Inge 1505
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 8 wedges, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- NOTE: I usually use leftover pasta and mix it up with its sauce the night before and put it in the fridge. - If you double the recipe, use a 9 inch round form and cook about 10 - 15 minutes longer, reduce heat then to 375°F.
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Grease a 7 inch pie form or other small ovenproof dish with the olive oil or butter.
- Mince basil. With a sharp knife cut crosswise through pasta 2 or 3 times, it will mix easier with sauce and eggs this way.
- If you hadn't done so previously, mix pasta with their sauce.
- In a bowl mix 2 eggs, salt, pepper, basil and parmesan. Add pasta and mix thoroughly just to coat. The pasta should not "swim" in eggs.
- If you feel there is not enough egg, beat up the third egg seperatly and mix under pasta, too.
- Mix in any colorful additon that might go well with the flavors of your pasta, such as peas, peppers, chilies etc., but not more than 1/2 cup.
- Fill pasta mixture in pie form, level surface and bake in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes, until center is set and pasta looks golden.
- If frittata is too light in color put under the grill for a few seconds.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525, Fat 12.3, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 213.7, Sodium 659.9, Carbohydrate 79.6, Fiber 5.5, Sugar 11.4, Protein 22.5
PESTO PASTA FRITTATA
- Set a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat it to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, Parmesan, ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, toss the pasta with the pesto or herb sauce.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet (or other nonstick oven-safe pan) over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, then nestle in the pasta.
- Cook, undisturbed, until the frittata is set around the edges but still looks wet on the surface, about 5 minutes. Slide the frittata into the oven and bake until the top is set, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the frittata warm or at room temperature, with more pesto or herb sauce on the side.
FRITTATA DI SPAGHETTI (SPAGHETTI OMELET)
- Combine the pasta, eggs and cheese, stirring well. Season.
- Heat half of the butter in a large heavy bottomed frying pan. Pour in the egg mixture, lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes until the eggs are just set but still very soft. Slip a knife around the edge to loosen the omelet, then using a spatula turn the frittata cooked side up on to a plate (patch up the pieces if it breaks).
- Heat the rest of the butter in the pan, slide the frittata back into the pan, soft side down and cook for a few minutes. You can also cook the top side by just dotting with butter and grilling, but I prefer the pan method.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 891.3, Fat 53.8, SaturatedFat 30.1, Cholesterol 539.4, Sodium 822.7, Carbohydrate 65.8, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 2.6, Protein 35
NAN'S POTATO AND EGG FRITTATA
A potato and 6 eggs are fried in olive oil to make this simple frittata. Cut it into rectangles or wedges and serve between 2 slices of Italian bread either by itself or with tomato slices. Delicious!
Provided by Nan
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Spread potato slices across bottom of the pan and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides. Remove slices from pan and drain.
- When all potato slices have been cooked, return them to the pan. Turn heat to high. Pour on the beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper. Tilt the pan so that the eggs flow to the bottom of the pan. Turn heat to medium low. Cover pan with a plate and flip pan so that frittata is turned out onto plate. Slide the frittata back into the pan with the uncooked side down. Cover and let cook another 2 minutes.
- When frittata is finished cooking, remove it from the pan and drain briefly on paper towels before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238.3 calories, Carbohydrate 17.2 g, Cholesterol 279 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 10.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 109.3 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
More about "egg pasta frittata recipes"
EGG PASTA FRITTATA | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
EASY PASTA FRITTATA | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
LEFTOVER PASTA FRITTATA RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 25 minsCategory EntreesCalories 301 per serving
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk very well, until streaks no longer appear. Mix in the cheese, oil, salt, and a grind of pepper.
- If you have sauced spaghetti, whether puttanesca or pesto or something else, dump it in a large nonstick skillet* over medium-high heat along with a couple tablespoons water and heat until it’s warm but before it starts to sizzle. Drain off any water that hasn’t evaporated and turn the spaghetti into the egg mixture. Wipe out the skillet, return it to medium-low heat, and add enough oil or butter to slick the bottom and sides of the skillet. Add the egg mixture, distributing the spaghetti evenly if it clumps. If you have plain unsauced spaghetti, heat a couple tablespoons oil or butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium or medium-high heat. Add the spaghetti. (The easiest way to cook the unsauced spaghetti begins when you stash the leftovers in the fridge. Best to place the tangle of spaghetti on a dinner plate. The nest of pasta strands will be too firm to budge when cold, so just slide the entire frisbee-like chunk of spaghetti into the skillet.) Let it get crisp and browned on
- Turn the heat to low and occasionally rotate the skillet a quarter turn if the egg seems to be cooking unevenly around the edges. When the perimeter of the frittata looks set and the center is still somewhat liquid, which should be after about 8 minutes, run a table knife around the skillet to loosen the sides of the frittata and carefully slip a thin metal spatula under it to loosen the underside. Invert a plate over the skillet and place one hand over the plate and the other hand on the skillet handle. Here comes the exciting part—you’re going to flip the frittata onto the plate. (We admit that it can end in disaster, but you have to stay confident and strong.) You don’t want the frittata to slide onto the plate or fold over, so the motion should be up and over, not just over, and it has to happen kind of quickly. Alley-oop, and it’s on the plate and the skillet is clean. Set the plate down and quickly slick the skillet with a little more oil or butter. Then, with the help of the spa
- When the frittata seems to be cooked through, make a crack in the middle with the tip of the spatula and sneak a peek to see that the egg is all set. When it’s ready, slide or flip the frittata onto a plate. The good news is that there are a couple sides to every frittata—so if you like the looks of the top side, slide the frittata out the way you slid it in. If you like the looks of the other side better, flip it out onto a clean plate and show that one. Let cool a little or a lot, slice in wedges or squares or long skinny strips, and serve. (A frittata tastes good hot, better after it has cooled a half hour or so, and possibly best after it has had a chance to regroup on the countertop for an afternoon.) Originally published March 16, 2015.
PASTA AND VEGETABLE FRITTATA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GENNARO'S PASTA FRITTATA | PASTA RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER
EGG PASTA FRITTATA – RECIPES NETWORK
10 AMAZING FRITTATA RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
SPAGHETTI FRITTATA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PASTA FRITTATA RECIPE – MINDYSBAKESHOP.COM
BACON EGG PASTA FRITTATA BRUNCH RECIPE - FAITHFULLY FREE
FRITTATA DI PASTA - BC EGG
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST PASTA FRITTATA - ITALIAN FOOD FAST
HOW TO MAKE FRITTATA | ALLRECIPES
MANITOBA EGG FARMERS - PASTA FRITTATA
BASIC FRITTATA RECIPE | GET CRACKING - EGGS.CA
SPAGHETTI FRITTATA - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
FLUFFIEST LEFTOVER PASTA FRITTATA - LITTLE BROKEN
BAKED EGG FRITTATA | EASY FAMILY RECIPES | ANNABEL KARMEL
LEFTOVER PASTA FRITTATA - JUST A TASTE
BEST SPAGHETTI FRITTATA RECIPE - DELISH.COM
EGG PASTA FRITTATA RECIPE
DELICIOUS PASTA FRITTATA RECIPE - AUSTRALIAN EGGS
PASTA AND EGG FRITTATA - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BREAKFAST PASTA BAKE (FRITTATA) | EAT. LIVE. TRAVEL. WRITE.
PASTA FRITTATA RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
EASY EGG BITE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FRITTATA (EGG-BASED DISH) - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
SPAGHETTI SPINACH FRITTATA, PASTA FRITTATA | JENNY CAN COOK
LEFTOVER PASTA? MAKE A FRITTATA! - KITCHN
PASTA FRITTATA | RICARDO
PASTA FRITTATA RECIPES - RECIPES ALL
EGG PASTA FRITTATA - BIGOVEN.COM
EGG PASTA FRITTATA | RACHAEL RAY | FOOD NETWORK RECIPE
PASTA FRITTATA | I LOVE EGGS
PASTA FRITTATA MUFFINS - WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER PASTA
EASY OVEN BAKED FRITTATA RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
PASTA FRITTATA RECIPE - BBC FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a frittata with pasta?Season with a little salt and a good twist of pepper. Whisk well, then stir in your pasta. To cook the frittata, heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a 26cm non-stick ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add the frittata mixture and cook for about 5 minutes, or until crisp underneath, then place in the oven for another 5 minutes, or until firm.
How do you cook a potato frittata with eggs?When all potato slices have been cooked, return them to the pan. Turn heat to high. Pour on the beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper. Tilt the pan so that the eggs flow to the bottom of the pan. Turn heat to medium low. Cover pan with a plate and flip pan so that frittata is turned out onto plate.
How do you Cook Pasta with cream and eggs?Add cream and reduce for about 3 minutes. Add cheese and nutmeg, salt and pepper. Toss sauce with cooked pasta to coat. Add parsley and beaten eggs to the skillet and stir gently to combine. Allow the eggs to set up on the bottom of the pan and become firm. Transfer pan to hot oven and bake 10 minutes, until golden.
What is the best way to cook spaghetti with eggs?Whisk eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in the onions, Parmesan, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Add the spaghetti. Coat the pan well with cooking spray and place over medium heat.