Instead of ladling up mugs of traditionally rich yuletide eggnog, try surprising your guests with this frothy mousse and a variety of toppings, such as coffee caramel, chopped toasted hazelnuts, crushed peppermint, and more, from which guests can choose their favorite.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 8 to 10
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Prepare an ice bath; set aside. Combine spirits in a small bowl. Sprinkle with gelatin; let soften, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; whisk until mixture is pale and fluffy, 2 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in gelatin mixture.
- Set bowl over pan again; cook, whisking, until the gelatin has dissolved, about 3 minutes. Transfer bowl to the ice bath; scrape down sides of bowl, and whisk until cooled slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar with cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Fold one-third of whipped cream into gelatin mixture, then gently fold gelatin mixture into remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate (no more than 5 minutes) while preparing the egg whites.
- In a clean bowl of the electric mixer, whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream mixture. Transfer to a serving dish; cover. Chill until firm, at least 30 minutes or overnight. Serve chilled, garnished with coffee caramel and other recommended toppings.
Guests will always find room for this light, fluffy, mouthwatering mousse. It makes an elegant, refreshing finish for heavier meals-and it's also a great way to use up any extra eggnog in the fridge. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over eggnog; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in vanilla. Refrigerate until mixture begins to thicken., Beat mixture until light and fluffy. Beat in 3/4 cup whipped topping. Divide among 4 dessert dishes. Refrigerate until firm. Garnish with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with additional nutmeg if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 97mg cholesterol, Sodium 80mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Eggnog lovers love eggnog in any form you serve it in. But this mousse is one of the most unbelievably scrumptious they'll ever try!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 10 servings, 1/2 cup each.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pour eggnog and milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes and nutmeg. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Spoon evenly into 10 dessert dishes or 1-1/2-qt. serving bowl; cover.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Top evenly with the remaining 1 cup whipped topping just before serving. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180, Fat 6 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 320 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 4 g
FROZEN EGGNOG MOUSSE TORTE
- For crust:
- Finely chop pecans, almonds, sugar and nutmeg in processor using on/off turns, stopping once to stir mixture. Transfer to large bowl. Combine butter and vanilla in small bowl. Pour over nuts and mix thoroughly. Transfer nut mixture to 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Using plastic wrap as aid, press firmly up sides and then over bottom of pan, covering completely. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place pan with crust on cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool.
- Melt 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate in top of double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring until smooth. Spread over bottom of crust. Cover with plastic and freeze until ready to use.
- For filling:
- Melt white chocolate in top of double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Cook sugar and water in heavy small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and boil without stirring until candy thermometer registers 238F (tilting pan slightly to submerge thermometer), about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat yolks in medium bowl until pale yellow and thick.
- Gradually beat hot syrup into yolks. Scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. Continue beating until thick and cool, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whip 2 1/4 cups cream, brandy, vanilla and nutmeg to firm peaks. Fold barely lukewarm white chocolate into yolk mixture. Gently fold in whipped cream. Pour 1/3 of filling into crust; smooth top. Top with 1 chocolate disk. Gently pour another 1/3 of filling over; smooth top. Top with second chocolate disk. Gently pour remaining filling over. Freeze overnight. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover pan tightly with plastic wrap.)
- Place chocolate lace atop mousse. Spoon unsweetened whipped cream into pastry bag fitted with medium star tip. Pipe cream decoratively around edge of cake. Serve immediately.
QUIVERING EGGNOG (MOUSSE)
I'm not quite sure where this recipe came from, but I have had it for a very long time. I think it's like an eggnog mousse - light, airy, but rich because of the cream. NOTE: Cooking time=chilling time, but is estimated.
Provided by Sweet PQ
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Whirl eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, 2 cups milk, cream and rum together in a blender.
- Moisten the 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin in the 1/4 cup of water, then dissolve in 3/4 cup of hot milk. Pour this mixture into the blender with the eggnog mixture and blend.
- Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228, Fat 10.7, SaturatedFat 6.1, Cholesterol 110.9, Sodium 102.5, Carbohydrate 17.7, Sugar 12.7, Protein 7.4
My mom gave me this delicious recipe. I always make it for Christmas, at everyone's request, and it's also great way to use up any extra eggnog from the holidays. Enjoy!
Provided by TasteTester
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix the eggnog, milk and the pudding until thickened.
- Whip the heavy cream to a MEDIUM consistency and fold into the eggnog and pudding mixture.
- Add the extract and mix well. Spoon into individual dessert dishes.
- If desired, it can be decorated for the holidays with red and green maraschino cherries. Cut the red cherries in half (to resemble holly berries) and cut the green cherries into quarters and arrange them around red cherries to resemble leaves.
- Store mousse in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380.6, Fat 23.6, SaturatedFat 14.3, Cholesterol 110.1, Sodium 472, Carbohydrate 37.7, Fiber 1, Sugar 21.5, Protein 5.1
More about "eggnog mousse recipes"
EGGNOG MOUSSE - LIV FOR CAKE
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 627 per serving
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until coarse. Place in bowl and stir in enough melted butter so that the streusel starts to clump. Spread over parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350F for 5mins.
THIS EGGNOG MOUSSE WILL HAVE YOU RUNNING BACK FOR MORE
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 29 minsCategory Sweets, Treats, And Baked Goods RecipesCalories 307 per serving
- In a large bowl set over a pot of simmering water over medium heat, whisk together eggnog, egg yolks and brown sugar. Continue whisking, vigorously, until mixture has tripled in volume and is very hot.
- Meanwhile, soften gelatin in 1/4 cup of hot water, for about 2 minutes. Squeeze out excess water and thoroughly whisk in to eggnog mixture. Float bowl in a sink partially filled with cold water and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Whip cream until it is stiff. Fold 1/3 of the cream into the eggnog mixture with a rubber spatula (this is to lighten the mixture), then fold in remaining 2/3.
EGGNOG CAKE WITH MOUSSE FILLING - PIES AND TACOS
EGGNOG MOUSSE RECIPE | RECIPE | EGGNOG RECIPE, HOLIDAY DESSERTS, …
19 EGGNOG DESSERT RECIPES — EASY HOLIDAY EGGNOG RECIPES 2020
EGGNOG MOUSSE RECIPE – THE BEST FREE COOKING RECIPES
BRANDIED EGGNOG MOUSSE OR PIE FILLING RECIPE
EGGNOG MOUSSE | KITCHEN CONFIDANTE.COM
EGGNOG MOUSSE | RECIPE
EGGNOG MOUSSE | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
CREAMY EGGNOG MOUSSE IS THE PERFECT MAKE-AHEAD DESSERT FOR
EGGNOG MOUSSE PARFAITS ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
NO-BAKE EGGNOG PUDDING PARFAITS - BEYOND FROSTING
EGGNOG MOUSSE CAKE WITH MANDARIN MINCEMEAT SAUCE RECIPE
EGGNOG-WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
25 EGGNOG DESSERTS FOR THE HOLIDAYS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
EGGNOG MOUSSE WITH TANGERINE CURD AND BISCOFF WHIPPED CREAM
EGGNOG MOUSSE - KETO STEVE
EGGNOG MOUSSE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EGG NOG MOUSSE RECIPE - TURKEY HILL DAIRY
EGGNOG MOUSSE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
WHITE CHOCOLATE EGGNOG MOUSSE | OLIVE & MANGO
35 HOLIDAY RECIPES USING EGGNOG I TASTE OF HOME
KETO EGGNOG MOUSSE - GRAIN-FREE AND SUGAR-FREE!
EGGNOG MOUSSE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
EGGNOG MOUSSE SNOWMEN - HOLIDAYCOOKS.COM
DARK CHOCOLATE LAYER CAKE WITH EGGNOG MOUSSE - LAUREN'S LATEST
EGGNOG MOUSSE RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
EGGNOG – CURD MOUSSE
EGGNOG MOUSSE - PLAIN.RECIPES
ORANGE MOUSSE - EASY RECIPE FOR THE BEST DANISH ORANGE MOUSSE
EGGNOG MOUSSE - BOSS KITCHEN
EGGNOG MOUSSE TWIRLS - SHAMROCK FARMS
EGGNOG MOUSSE WITH GINGERSNAP CRUMBLES - LAUREN'S LATEST
EGGNOG MOUSSE PIE | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
EGGNOG MOUSSE | PARENTS
You'll also love