ROAST BEEF AND YORKSHIRE PUDDING
This recipe came from an English friend who married an American serviceman. Her family serves it every Sunday (a British tradition).
Provided by Jan Laskey
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Wash roast and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the roast, making sure it doesn't touch any bone or fat.
- Bake on a wire rack inside of a large roasting pan in the preheated oven for 90 minutes, or to desired doneness. For medium-rare, the meat thermometer should read 135 degrees F (57 degrees C). Remove roast from pan, reserving drippings.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the two eggs until frothy. In another small bowl, mix the salt and flour. Stir the beaten eggs into the flour. Stirring constantly, gradually pour in the milk.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour the reserved pan drippings into a medium muffin tin. Place in the preheated oven for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and pour the egg, flour and milk mixture into the hot drippings. Return muffin tin to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until fluffy and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 663.1 calories, Carbohydrate 26.9 g, Cholesterol 236.2 mg, Fat 36.4 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 53.1 g, SaturatedFat 14.5 g, Sodium 317.1 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
ENGLISH RIB ROAST
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Two hours before roasting, remove the meat from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Place the oven rack on the second lowest position and preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Place the roast in a pan large enough to hold it comfortably, bone-side down. Brush the top with the mustard and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper.
- Roast the meat for 45 minutes. Without removing the meat from the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F and roast for another 30 minutes. Finally, increase the temperature to 450 degrees F and roast for another 15 to 30 minutes, until the internal temperature of the meat is 125 degrees F. (Be sure the thermometer is exactly in the center of the roast.) The total cooking time will be between 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 hours.
- Remove the roast from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. Cover it tightly with aluminum foil and allow the meat to rest for 20 minutes. Carve and serve.
ROAST BEEF, ENGLISH STYLE
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Trim meat and score remaining fat.
- Rub surface of meat with the spices.
- Heat drippings in frying pan until hot.
- Place meat fat side down in drippings; brown on all sides.
- Place meat in a baking dish fat side up.
- Insert meat thermometer.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes/pound or until thermometer reads 140 (rare) to 170 (well-done).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 482.1, Fat 32.6, SaturatedFat 12.9, Cholesterol 149.7, Sodium 129.3, Carbohydrate 0.2, Fiber 0.1, Protein 43.6
ENGLISH ROAST BEEF
- Salt and pepper roast well.
- Place the butter in your pan and melt it over medium heat.
- Brown the roast on all sides in this butter.
- After browning add 1/2 cup water to the pan.
- Put sage and mint on the roast.
- Cover pan.
- Roast at medium heat ( 325 -350 ) for 3 hours if you like well done or 2 hours for rare.
- Every hour or so look to make sure there is at least 1/2 cup liquid in the pan.
- When done to your liking remove roast to a plate and keep warm.
- GRAVY: Melt butter in a clean fry pan over medium heat.
- Add flour to melted butter.
- Stir until well mixed with the butter.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup cold water,
- The water must be cold, not hot, or the flour and butter will become lumpy.
- Mix until a smooth paste is formed.
- Place the pan back on medium heat.
- Add sage and mint.
- Now add all the liquid from the roasting pan and mix it well.
- Stir all the time and let it boil slowly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve over roast.
- OPTIONS: The onion, garlic, seasoned salt and crushed red pepper are added to the roast before cooking. Red wine can be used instead of water while roasting (use water only in the gravy).
BARBECUED BEEF ROAST
Try this roast for baked-in barbecue flavor! My daughter makes it in the slow cooker and it turns out great that way, too. Leftovers? Shred and serve in buns. Luana Kempf-Ashley, North Dakota.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Stir in Liquid Smoke if desired. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; pour ketchup mixture over the top., Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from pan juices and thicken juices if desired. Serve with beef.
Nutrition Facts :
ENGLISH ROAST BEEF
A pot roast that can't be beat! A blend of flavors you never would expect. This has become a favorite of my historical interpreter friends. Wine can be substituted for water in the roasting pan if you like.
Provided by SHADOWS1
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Season the roast with salt and pepper to taste. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown the outside of the roast on all sides in the butter. After the roast is browned, add 1/2 cup water to the pan, and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of sage, and 1/2 teaspoon of mint onto the roast. Place onion and garlic into the pan if desired, and season with seasoning salt and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Cover the pot, and place the roast in the oven for 2 to 3 hours depending on how well done you prefer the meat to be. 2 hours for rare, and 3 for well done. Removed finished roast to a pan to keep warm.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium skillet. Whisk flour into melted butter until smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Mix until a smooth paste is formed. Return to medium heat, and season with remaining sage and mint. Stir in the liquid from the roasting pan, and boil, stirring constantly until the gravy is thickened. Remove from heat. Slice the roast and serve with gravy poured over the meat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 547.3 calories, Carbohydrate 2.3 g, Cholesterol 184.4 mg, Fat 31 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 61.2 g, SaturatedFat 13.2 g, Sodium 255.4 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
More about "english roast beef recipes"
ROAST BEEF DINNER (SUNDAY ROAST) - CULINARY GINGER
4.5/5 (61)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Dinner IdeasCalories 707 per serving
- To a large bow add the flour and salt. Whisk and slowly drizzle in the milk until there are no lumps. Whisk in the egg. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
ENGLISH ROAST BEEF RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
5/5 (1)Calories 411 per servingServings 9
- Place the butter in your pan and melt it over medium heat. Brown the roast on all sides in this butter.
PERFECT ROAST BEEF RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER CHRISTMAS RECIPES
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Beef RecipesCalories 564 per serving
- Remove the beef from the fridge 30 minutes before you want to cook it, to let it come up to room temperature.Preheat the oven to 240°C/475°F/ gas 9.
- Break the garlic bulb into cloves, leaving them unpeeled.Pile all the veg, garlic and herbs into the middle of a large roasting tray and drizzle with oil.Drizzle the beef with oil and season well with sea salt and black pepper, then rub all over the meat.
- Place the beef on top of the vegetables.Place the tray in the oven, then turn the heat down immediately to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 and cook for 1 hour for medium beef.
ENGLISH ROAST BEEF RECIPE BY RUTH - COOKEATSHARE
4/5 (2)Total Time 5 hrsCuisine BritishCalories 970 per serving
TOP 10 ROAST BEEF RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
- Roast beef & carrots with easy gravy. This brilliant roast beef recipe complete with an easy gravy and carrots and onions is an instant winner for Sunday dinner.
- Roast fillet of beef with mushroom stuffing. The crowning glory of this roast beef fillet recipe is the rich mushroom stuff and creamy sauce. Porcini mushrooms add a wonderful depth of flavour that goes well with the slightly sweet shallots.
- Roast beef with caramelised onion gravy. A rare topside of beef is the ultimate centrepiece. Our roast beef with caramelised onion gravy has a special ingredient to give it an extra boost of flavour – a spoonful of Marmite!
- Pot-roast beef with french onion gravy. Try our no-fuss, slow-cooked pot-roast beef with a rich French onion gravy. The stock and juices from the meat combined with caramelised onions makes a super easy gravy.
- Beef fillet with horseradish and prosciutto. Wrap up your beef, safe and sound in a cosy layer of peppery horseradish and prosciutto. This spectacular fillet of beef not only gets flavour from the ham but it keeps the meat moist and tender.
- Herb & pepper crusted rib of beef. Need something to wow guests at your next dinner party? Go all out and make our herb & pepper crusted rib of beef with red wine gravy.
- Rare beef with mustard Yorkshires. Bring our rare roast beef and mustard Yorkshires to the table for appreciative oohs and aahs. The potatoes become extra crisp cooking in the meat juices and once everything's dished up you can make a simple gravy with what's left in the tin.
- Roast beef sirloin with simple asian sauce. Tender roast beef and an aromatic oyster sauce with a burst of spicy ginger. Have we got your attention? Then try our beef sirloin with a simple Asian sauce.
- Twice-cooked beef short ribs. These slow-roasted beef ribs are great for entertaining friends. Finishing the roast the next day will give you crisp, brown edges and a dish that's sizzled to perfection.
- Roast sirloin of beef & port gravy. This garlic & thyme roast beef with a red wine and port infused gravy is a classic combination and is perfect for a lazy weekend dinner.
A GUIDE TO BEEF ROASTS AND THE BEST WAYS TO COOK THEM
HOW TO - CLASSIC ENGLISH ROAST BEEF DINNER - CHILLI & LIFE
5/5 (1)Category Dinner, LunchCuisine EnglishTotal Time 2 hrs 30 mins
SIMPLE CLASSIC ENGLISH ROAST RECIPE · I AM A FOOD BLOG
Servings 8-12Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
ENGLISH ROAST-BEEF: THE RECIPE TO MAKE IT PERFECT
Servings 6Calories 306 per servingTotal Time 45 mins
CROCK POT ENGLISH BEEF POT ROAST WITH GOLDEN POTATOES ...
5/5 (5)Category Main CourseCuisine American
TRADITIONAL EASY POT ROAST - CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF
Cuisine AmericanCategory Roasts, Soups & Stews, One PanServings 8
ROAST BEEF - ENGLISH STYLE - WITH YORKSHIRE PUDDING RECIPE ...
5/5 (1)Servings 4Cuisine British, English, EuropeanTotal Time 2 hrs
CULVER'S ROAST BEEF DINNER - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
RECIPE - PEPPERCORN ROAST BEEF WITH BALSAMIC BEETS
BEEF ROAST RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
10 BEST BEEF CHUCK ENGLISH ROAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST ENGLISH ROAST BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST ENGLISH ROAST BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
TRADITIONAL ENGLISH ROAST DINNER - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
ENGLISH ROAST BEEF | ZOJIRUSHI.COM
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #beef #dinner-party #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #dietary #meat #roast-beef #presentation #served-hot #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is englishenglish roast beef?English roast beef is a dish of Anglo-Saxon origin that is cooked on flame or in the oven. The piece of meat used for this recipe is the loin, a cut of fine meat, quite lean and very tender, tasty and succulent.
How to cook a roast beef roast in the oven?Place the meat in a baking tray with the cooking base, and then add the butter. Bake at 220 degrees for 10 minutes. Then remove the baking tray and brush the roast beef with mustard on all sides. Add salt and pepper and bake in the oven for other 20 minutes, turning it from time to time and taking care to cover it with its own juices.
What are the top 10 roast beef recipes?Top 10 roast beef recipes 1. Roast beef & carrots with easy gravy 2. Roast fillet of beef with mushroom stuffing 3. Roast beef with caramelised onion gravy 4. Pot-roast beef with french onion gravy 5. Beef fillet with horseradish and prosciutto 6. Herb & pepper crusted rib of beef 7. Rare beef with mustard Yorkshires
What to serve with English roast beef?You can serve it hot with the cooking base, or cold. The ideal side dish for the English roast beef is roasted potatoes: peel 6 medium potatoes, cut them into small pieces and add them to the pan where you cook the meat, with a bit of salt and rosemary.