- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Mix dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Stir in the espresso powder, orange zest, chocolate chips, dried apricots, dried cranberries and almonds.
- Shape dough into two equal logs approximately 12 inches long by 2 inches diameter. Place logs on baking sheet, and flatten out to about 1 inch thickness. Brush the log with egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden and the center is firm, about 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven to cool on the pans. When loaves are cool enough to handle, use a serrated knife to slice the loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices. Return the slices to the baking sheet.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Bake until they start turning light brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely, and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150.5 calories, Carbohydrate 25.4 g, Cholesterol 28.3 mg, Fat 5 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 32.6 mg, Sugar 11.4 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer mix together the flour, espresso powder, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, sugar, salt and orange zest. In a small bowl beat together the eggs and vanilla. Add them all at once to the dry ingredients and beat until a dough is formed. Stir in almonds.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and form it into a ball. Halve it and form each half into a log approximately 12 inches long and 2 inches wide. Arrange logs on a buttered and floured baking sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake logs in the middle of oven for 40 minutes or until they are firm all over and browned. Remove them from the oven, let cool for a few minutes. On a cutting board slice logs on a diagonal about 1/2 inch thick. Arrange the slices back on baking sheet and bake them for approximately 10 minutes on each side or until golden throughout.
- Cool biscotti to room temperature. Store them in an airtight container in single layers between waxed paper for up to 2 weeks.
ESPRESSO & DARK CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI
Treat yourself to these moreish biscotti or box up as a gift. This twist adds espresso to the mix, enhancing the creamy richness of the chocolate
Provided by Liberty Mendez
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4, and line a baking tray with baking parchment. Set aside. Put the flour, sugars, baking powder and a good pinch of salt into a large bowl, then stir to combine.
- Whisk the oil, egg, vanilla extract and coffee together in a separate small bowl. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry, mixing until you have a dry dough. Fold in 100g of the chocolate chips. Knead the dough until smooth - it will be quite dry, but if it's too difficult to knead, add another 1 tbsp water. Divide the dough in half, shaping each piece into a 25 x 8cm log, and transfer both to the prepared tray. Bake for 25-30 mins, then leave to cool on the tray for 15 mins.
- Reduce the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Slice the biscotti logs into 1-2cm-thick slices crosswise using a sharp knife, you should have about 16. Return to the tray and bake for 15-20 mins more, turning the tray around halfway through. Leave to cool slightly on the tray, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. Melt the remaining chocolate chips in the microwave in 20-second bursts until smooth, or in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, then dip one end of the cooled biscotti into the melted chocolate. Transfer to a sheet of baking parchment and leave to set. Will keep in an airtight container for up to five days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192 calories, Fat 8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 27 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 15 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
SINFUL CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI
A brownie-like biscotti that tastes great with a cup of coffee. Drizzle with more chocolate if desired. Especially popular in the winter time when coffee and chocolate taste so much better. Enjoy!
Provided by Chef V
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine vanilla extract and espresso powder in a small bowl; mix until espresso powder is dissolved.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a bowl; mix in chocolate chips.
- Whisk vanilla mixture, sugar, eggs, and oil together in a large bowl. Add flour mixture; stir, by hand if needed, until dough comes together and is thick and stiff.
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces and place onto the baking sheets. Shape each piece into a log as long as the baking sheet; press down with wet hands to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes.
- Move cooled logs to a cutting board and slice into 1/2-inch long slices with a serrated knife. Return the slices to the baking sheets, placing them on their sides.
- Bake until dry, about 6 minutes per side. Remove from oven and let cool until hardened on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103.1 calories, Carbohydrate 14.7 g, Cholesterol 14 mg, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 60.5 mg, Sugar 7.5 g
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. With a pastry blender or 2 knives used scissor-fashion, cut in the butter or margarine until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon beaten eggs into a cup; reserve. Add chocolate chips, walnuts, vanilla, and remaining beaten eggs to flour mixture; stir until evenly moistened. With hand, knead mixture a few times in bowl until dough forms.
- On floured surface, with floured hands, divide dough into quarters. Shape each quarter into a 9" by 2" log. Place logs crosswise, 4 inches apart, on 2 large cookie sheets. With a pastry brush, brush tops and sides of logs with reserved egg. Bake logs 25 minutes. Cool logs on cookie sheets on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Place 1 log on cutting board. With serrated knife, cut warm log crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices. Place slices upright, 1/4-inch apart, on cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining logs. Bake slices 15 minutes to allow biscotti to dry out. Cool completely on sheets on wire racks. (Biscotti will harden as they cool.) Store biscotti in tightly covered container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 783.2, Fat 38.2, SaturatedFat 14.4, Cholesterol 136, Sodium 318.4, Carbohydrate 104, Fiber 5, Sugar 59.8, Protein 14.1
More about "espresso chocolate chip biscotti recipes"
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD …
3.6/5 (8)Total Time 2 hrsCategory Cookies & BarsCalories 148 per serving
- To the bowl of a stand mixer, add the sugar and eggs + egg yolk and beat at medium speed until light and pale yellow, about 2 minutes.
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI - BASTE CUT FOLD
Cuisine DessertTotal Time 1 hrCategory Biscuits And Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F / 175° C. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment, and set aside until ready to use.
- Add cubed butter to flour mixture and use your hands to combine. The mixture will resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add 3 eggs, coffee extract, and vanilla extract to the flour-butter mixture, followed by chocolate chips. Knead by hand until a soft dough forms.
GOURMET HOMEMADE COFFEE CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI COOKIE
CHEWY ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - CASUAL FOODIST
LOW-CARB CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO ITALIAN BISCOTTI WITH VANILLA CREAM …
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI RECIPE BY THABO - COOKPAD
CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO BISCOTTI - THE MONDAY BOX
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - GLUTEN FREE, EGGLESS
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO BISCOTTI - COOKIE MADNESS
ESPRESSO BISCOTTI - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI - WHAT'S COOKIN, CHICAGO
CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO BISCOTTI - RECIPES
BISCOTTI WITH ESPRESSO & CHOCOLATE CHIPS: BAKED 2 TIMES
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP AND COFFEE BISCOTTI - THE HEIRLOOM PANTRY
CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI (CANTUCCI) RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI | RECIPE | BISCOTTI, CHOCOLATE CHIP, …
CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO BISCOTTI – KODIAK CAKES
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO BISCOTTI - MY IMPERFECT KITCHEN
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI - BILL THE BAKER
HOW TO MAKE BISCOTTI - THE PIONEER WOMAN
ESPRESSO BISCOTTI RECIPE
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI : RECIPES - COOKING CHANNEL
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI - ONCE UPON A CHEF
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI - FOOD NETWORK
CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI - CHEF MICHAEL SMITH
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST …
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI | RECIPE | CHOCOLATE CHIP, BISCOTTI ...
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ESPRESSO BISCOTTI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO HAZELNUT BISCOTTI RECIPE - MARY DISOMMA
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
DARK CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO BISCOTTI - SAVVY BAKER
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI RECIPE RECIPE
COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - BAKES AND BLUNDERS
CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO BISCOTTI – AFOODIEAFFAIR
ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are espresso biscotti?Chocolate Espresso Biscotti are boldly, richly chocolate cookies designed for the ultimate munching, crunching, dipping, and dunking experience. If you are a chocolate lover, or are baking for one, this recipe is a keeper!
How to bake biscotti cookies?Stir in the chocolate chips and ground espresso beans into the biscotti dough. Divide dough in half and form two logs about 14” x 2”. Place logs on prepared baking sheet at least 4” apart for the first bake. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Logs should be firm but not hard. Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
What is the best way to make espresso cookies at home?Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl with an electric mixer mix together the flour, espresso powder, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, sugar, salt and orange zest. In a small bowl beat together the eggs and vanilla. Turn the dough out onto a floured board and form it into a ball.
How do you serve biscotti with coffee?Watch how to make this recipe. These crisp, chocolate-studded biscotti are good the day you bake them, but they taste even better the next day. For a double coffee hit, serve with a coffee affogato, coffee ice cream or a shot of anise liqueur, like Sambuca.