THE BEST MEATLOAF
We opted for an all-beef meatloaf rather than the traditional mix of beef, veal and pork because we wanted that satisfying big beef flavor. Milk adds richness and tenderizes the meat, preventing it from getting tough or dry. We also cook the onion instead of adding it raw as many recipes suggest, which imparts a welcome sweetness and eliminates that harsh raw onion flavor.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Arrange a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce and 2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl until completely combined. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are tender and lightly golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the ketchup and cook until most of the moisture has evaporated and the mixture is thick and brick red colored, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and let the onions cool slightly. Then add them to the beaten eggs and mix to combine.
- Add the beef to the egg and onion mixture. Break up the meat with a fork or wooden spoon, and then mix to thoroughly combine; you don't want to see any lumps of raw beef. Add the panko and mix to combine. Stir the meat vigorously with a wooden spoon for about 7 seconds; it will become more homogenous and tackier.
- Transfer the meat to the prepared baking sheet and shape into a 9-by-5-inch loaf. Smooth the top and evenly spread the remaining ketchup over top. Bake for 5 minutes, and then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Continue to bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf registers 150 degrees F, 30 to 35 minutes. Allow the meatloaf to rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
MY FAVORITE MEATLOAF
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form into a loaf and place in a foil-lined bread pan. (There usually is about 2 inches of space on both ends between the meatloaf and the pan).
- Making sure the top is flat to insure even cooking.
- You can top it with extra ketchup, if desired.
- Bake at 425°F for 45 minutes.
OUR FAVORITE MEATLOAF
This ultimate meatloaf recipe took rounds and rounds of testing to get just right. Our final version incorporates an ideal blend of seasoned ground beef and pork, aromatics, and breadcrumbs and bakes in a freeform loaf on a baking sheet instead of in a loaf pan for maximum browning. The result is a loaf that is savory, tender, and juicy, yet holds together well when sliced.
Provided by Rhoda Boone
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet or 13x9" shallow baking dish with foil. Soak breadcrumbs in milk in a large bowl until ready to use.
- Pulse onion, celery, and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. (Alternatively, you can finely chop by hand.)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add onion mixture, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in Worcestershire, and scrape into bowl with breadcrumb mixture. Add beef, pork, eggs, 1/4 cup ketchup, and remaining 1 1/4 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper, then mix with your hands to combine.
- Form meatloaf mixture into a long, well-packed, approximately 5"-wide loaf shape on prepared baking sheet. Brush top of loaf with 1/4 cup ketchup. Bake meatloaf until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 155°F, 60-75 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with more ketchup alongside.
- Do Ahead
- Meatloaf can be made 3 days ahead; wrap in foil and chill, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add the onions, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent but not brown. Off the heat, add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and eggs, and mix lightly with a fork. Don't mash or the meat loaf will be dense. Shape the mixture into a rectangular loaf on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Spread the ketchup evenly on top. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F and the meat loaf is cooked through. (A pan of hot water in the oven, under the meat loaf, will keep the top from cracking.) Serve hot.
Look no further for your new Favorite Meatloaf! Our Favorite Meatloaf uses STOVE TOP Stuffing instead of bread crumbs and is topped with cheddar goodness.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook onions in dressing in skillet on medium heat 8 to 10 min. or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Cool slightly.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Mix meat, stuffing mix, water, egg whites, 1/4 cup ketchup and onions just until blended; shape into 10x5-inch loaf in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with remaining ketchup.
- Bake 55 min. to 1 hour or until done (160°F). Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2 min. or until melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 810 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 8 g, Protein 24 g
FAVORITE MEAT LOAF
Meat loaf is my all-time favorite dish to cook. One year, an aunt and I put together a cookbook that included over 50 variations of that hearty, old-fashioned main course.-Jim Hopkins, Whittier, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and onion powder; mix well. Stir in oats, carrot and parsley. Combine beef and pork; add to egg mixture and mix well. Press into a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Top with ketchup. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "favorite meatloaf recipes"
MEATLOAF RECIPE (EXTRA DELICIOUS!) | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (268)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory MainCalories 404 per serving
- Meatloaf: Place breadcrumbs in a very large bowl. Grate over onion. Mix so the breadcrumbs are all wet. (Note 4)
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well using your hands. Form into a loaf shape, pinching together then smoothing over creases and cracks (helps prevent cracks during baking).
THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
4.9/5 (524)Calories 262 per servingCategory Beef, Dinner, Main Course
- Add the ground beef, onions, 1 tablespoon of ketchup or chili sauce, Italian seasoning, parsley and salt & pepper to taste. Mix until just combined.
ONION SOUP MEATLOAF RECIPE - SAVOR THE BEST
4.9/5 (32)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Main DishCalories 322 per serving
- Place the croutons in a closable plastic bag, and crush the croutons with a rolling pin (*See Notes)and add to the bowl with the beef.
THE BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF - THE WHOLESOME DISH
5/5 Calories 164 per servingCategory Dinner, Entree, Main Course, Main Dish
- In a large bowl, add the beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Use your hands to mush and mix these ingredients together until well combined.*
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup ketchup, the brown sugar, and vinegar. Stir to combine. Pour the sauce on top of the meatloaf and spread it into an even layer.
BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
Ratings 74Calories 289 per servingCategory Dinner
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick spray, then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the meatloaf ingredients and mix with clean hands, until fully combined. Press the meatloaf mixture into an 8" x 4" loaf on the prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk together the topping ingredients, spread over the meatloaf and continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees in center.
ITALIAN MEATLOAF RECIPE - FLAVORITE
4.1/5 Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Entree,DinnerCalories 520 per serving
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over med. high heat and sauté the onion and bell pepper for 3-4 minutes, remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add the meats, onion and peppers along with all remaining ingredients reserving 3/4 C. mozzarella cheese for topping.
- Now, dive in there with the best tools God gave you, your hands and combine everything really good. Once it has all come together, place and mold the mixture in a baking dish of your choice. I used my oval Portuguese stoneware for ours.
- Spoon 1/2 to 3/4 C. of the marinara sauce on top and spread around. Place in a 400 degree oven for 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining cheese and sprinkle a little dry basil over the top.
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE...JUST LIKE MOM USED TO MAKE. |THE ...
4.8/5 (195)Category DinnerCuisine Comfort FoodTotal Time 1 hr 35 mins
21 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE BEST MEATLOAF
Author Country Living StaffEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
THIS IS THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE EVER | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
MY FAVORITE MEATLOAF - SIMPLY SATED
4.6/5 (14)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Entree, SandwichesTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Heat butter and oil over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet. Add chopped onion and sauté until translucent.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, milk, ketchup, Worcestershire Sauce, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley and eggs (add steak sauce now, if using). Mix well.
- Add breadcrumbs and ground chuck. Gently mix to blend. *It is important to NOT over-work the meatloaf mixture. Mix it just until mixture holds together and can be shaped.
MOMMA'S MEATLOAF - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
4.9/5 (260)Calories 324 per servingCategory Main Dish
- In a large mixing bowl, knead together the ground beef, onion, bread crumbs, milk, egg, worcestershire sauce, salt, basil, oregano, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Shape the meat into a loaf and put it into the prepared pan. Bake in the 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Mix up the glaze in a small bowl by whisking together the ketchup, brown sugar, and worcestershire sauce. Brush it over the hot meatloaf.
FAVORITE MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH TOMATO SAUCE - MEATLOAF AND ...
Ratings 8Category MainCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
FAMILY FAVORITE MEATLOAF – AUNT BEE'S RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
MY FAVORITE MEATLOAF - THE PIONEER WOMAN – RECIPES ...
4.8/5 (6)Category Main Dish, MeatServings 8Total Time 1 hr
- Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH THE BEST GLAZE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (584)Total Time 1 hrCategory EasyCalories 344 per serving
MEATLOAF RECIPE (WITH THE BEST GLAZE!) - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 420 per serving
MEATLOAF RECIPE BEST EASY : 20 RECIPE INGREDIENTS ...
BEEF MEATLOAF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MY FAVORITE MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
7 AWESOME MEATLOAF RECIPES, PLUS EXPERT-BACKED TIPS TO ...
39 TASTE OF HOME MEAT LOAF RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE TO MAKE
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #main-dish #beef #american #ground-beef #meat #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Which is the best Meatloaf To make at home?Momma’s Meatloaf is a classic meatloaf that has the best flavor ever! This meatloaf recipe is easy to make, holds together, and has the best glaze on top! Get free recipes sent straight into your inbox! Momma’s Meatloaf is a classic meatloaf that has the best flavor ever!
Do you cook meatloaf in a loaf pan?Skip the Loaf Pan: Using a baking sheet to cook your meatloaf gives a nice crust. Cooking in a loaf causes the meat to steam and there is nowhere for the drippings to go. Rest the Meatloaf: With almost any meat recipe, allow it to rest once it comes out of the oven. This helps redistribute the juices and makes sure it won't fall apart when sliced!
What kind of sauce to put on meatloaf?Get the recipe at How Can You Stay for Dinner. Gorgonzola cheese and hot sauce give plain meatloaf a giant jolt of flavor. Get the recipe at Mother Thyme. Topped with a brown sugar glaze, this comfort food is the perfect mix of sweet and savory.
How to make meatloaf with onion soup and ketchup?Sprinkle contents of the dry onion soup mix. In a separate dish whisk the eggs together with the beef broth, 1/4 cup of the ketchup and pour over the meat mixture. Gently combine the mixture with a fork or your hands until evenly mixed.