GRILLED BRINED SALMON AND EGGPLANT WITH FENNEL CUCUMBER RELISH
- Bring water, brown sugar, salt, and 6 tablespoons granulated sugar to a boil in a 5-quart pot, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Transfer 6 cups brine to a 13- by 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish, then stir in dill and cool. Transfer remaining 4 cups brine to a large bowl and add remaining 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, stirring until dissolved, then cool completely.
- Marinate salmon, skin sides up, in brine in baking dish, chilled, 1 hour. (Do not turn salmon.) Put eggplant in brine in bowl, then invert a small plate over eggplant and weight it with soup can (to keep eggplant immersed). Marinate eggplant at room temperature 30 minutes. (Do not brine salmon or eggplant longer than indicated or they will be too salty.)
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill for cooking.
- Remove salmon from brine and pat dry, discarding brine. Remove eggplant from brine, then rinse and pat dry, discarding brine. Toss eggplant with oil and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- When fire is moderate (you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 3 to 4 seconds), grill eggplant on lightly oiled grill rack, turning once, until golden, about 4 minutes total. Transfer to a platter with tongs and keep warm, covered.
- When fire is moderately low (you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 5 to 6 seconds), grill salmon, starting with skin sides up and turning once, until just cooked through and skin is crisp, about 8 minutes total.
- Serve salmon over eggplant.
CUCUMBER AND ONION RELISH
- Combine cucumbers, onions, and salt together in a colander fitted over a bowl; place in the refrigerator for cucumbers and onions to drain, 8 hours to overnight.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, water, flour, turmeric, ginger, and black pepper in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Add cucumbers and onions; boil for about 10 more minutes.
- Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack the relish into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 53.2 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.5 g, Sodium 233.9 mg, Sugar 11.1 g
FENNEL CUCUMBER RELISH
- Stir together all ingredients in a bowl and let stand 15 minutes.
CUCUMBER AND FENNEL WITH ORANGE MINT DRESSING
- Combine the cucumber, fennel, apple, and lemon juice in a serving bowl and gently mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice through paprika until emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour over salad.
- Serve immediately or marinade covered, in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Toss before serving and garnish with toasted nuts.
CUCUMBER FENNEL SALAD
Looking for ways to use up cukes from your garden? Our Test Kitchen home economists suggests this refreshing side as a cool addition to backyard barbecues and picnic lunches. A hint of dill and lemon nicely seasons and the crunchy cucumber, fennel and sweet onion slices.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, onion and fennel. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 165mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "fennel cucumber relish recipes"
FENNEL AND CUCUMBER SALAD - JAMIE GELLER
SPICED SOUS VIDE HADDOCK | RECIPE BY SOUSVIDETOOLS.COM
ORANGE CUCUMBER RELISH RECIPE - WOMEN'S HEALTH MAG
FENNEL ORANGE RELISH RECIPE
GRILLED BRINED SALMON AND EGGPLANT WITH FENNEL …
FENNEL AND CUCUMBER MOUSSE - BTNEVETZEDEKITCHEN.COM
FENNEL-PEPPER RELISH - JAMIE GELLER
CHILLED FENNEL AND CUCUMBER SOUP - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
25 TRULY FABULOUS FENNEL RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
FENNEL AND CUCUMBER RELISH RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
FENNEL SALAD WITH CUCUMBER AND DILL | FEASTING AT HOME
FENNEL CUCUMBER RELISH RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
GRATED FENNEL RELISH RECIPE – FOOD IN JARS
CUCUMBER-FENNEL COOLER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CREAMY CUCUMBER, FENNEL & YOGURT DIP - RAMONA'S CUISINE
FENNEL SLAW/RELISH | THE ACCIDENTAL SOUTHERNER
SEARCH FOR RECIPES
EASY CUCUMBER FENNEL JUICE (NO JUICER REQUIRED)
ORGANIC CUCUMBER, FENNEL AND GREEN OLIVE RELISH
10 BEST SPICY CUCUMBER RELISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
FENNEL RELISH RECIPE : SBS FOOD
SWEET CUCUMBER RELISH - FARMERSGIRL KITCHEN
HOMEMADE CUCUMBER RELISH - 365 DAYS OF EASY RECIPES
CUCUMBER-FENNEL PICKLES RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
GROUPER FILLETS WITH CITRUS-FENNEL RELISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RETRO CUCUMBER RELISH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE IT LIKE GRANNY USED TO!
FENNEL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GRATED FENNEL RELISH RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BERNARDIN HOME CANNING: BECAUSE YOU CAN: CUCUMBER RELISH
PICKLED FENNEL RELISH - NOURISHEDBYLIFE.COM
GARLIC SPINACH WITH FENNEL & CUCUMBER RELISH CHEESE TOASTIE
FENNEL CUCUMBER RELISH RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
FERMENTED CUCUMBER RELISH - FERMENTING FOR FOODIES
FENNEL CUCUMBER SPRITZER WITH HOMEMADE FENNEL SIMPLE SYRUP
CUCUMBER-FENNEL RELISH FOR FISH - EDIBLE BOSTON
GRILLED BRINED SALMON AND EGGPLANT WITH FENNEL CUCUMBER RELISH
PICKLED FENNEL RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
FENNEL RELISH – EDIBLE BERKSHIRES
CUCUMBER GINGER & FENNEL SALAD RECIPE - LEARN HOW TO MAKE …
FENNEL, APPLE & ONION RELISH – NOT EATING OUT IN NEW YORK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make fennel and cucumber salad?Preparation Trim the fennel, leaving only the white bulb at the bottom. Cut the bulb in half and cut into thin slices. Split the cucumbers in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Slice them crosswise. Place the slices of fennel and cucumber in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to blend.
How do you make cucumber and garlic sauce?Toss sliced cucumbers in a colander with 1 tbsp coarse salt. Set aside. Make vinegar mixture by whisking vinegar and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high until sugar dissolves. Add garlic and fennel.
What is the best way to cook cucumbers?Toss sliced cucumbers in a colander with 1 tbsp coarse salt. Set aside. Make vinegar mixture by whisking vinegar and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high until sugar dissolves. Add garlic and fennel. Rinse cucumbers well under cold running water.
How do you make fennel salad dressing?Combine the fennel, radishes, cucumbers and shallots in a salad bowl. 2. To make the dressing, shake the ingredients together in a mason jar. Pour over the salad, garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve.