FETTUCCINE WITH SHIITAKES AND ASPARAGUS
For this seasonal (and vegetarian) twist on carbonara, stir the yolk into your portion while the pasta is still steaming hot.
Provided by Chris Fischer
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat butter and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add shallot and cook, tossing occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Toss in oregano, thyme, and asparagus.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Add pasta, 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid, and 3 ounces Parmesan to skillet. Cook, tossing and adding more pasta cooking liquid as needed, until sauce coats pasta, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta among plates and top each with a yolk and more Parmesan.
SHIITAKE ANGEL HAIR PASTA
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil over medium heat; add mushrooms as the aroma develops. Add chicken stock and wine, and cook until mixture is reduced to 1/2 volume. Blend in cream, and reduce to desired thickness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain pasta, and toss with sauce until coated. Serve on small warmed plates, topped with grated Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.7 calories, Carbohydrate 28.4 g, Cholesterol 43 mg, Fat 16.3 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 7.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 194.4 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Saute asparagus in the pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and mushroom slices; cook 3 minutes more.
- Drain pasta, and transfer to a serving dish. Gently toss pasta with asparagus mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan and crushed red pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280.7 calories, Carbohydrate 39.4 g, Cholesterol 8.8 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 15.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 338.6 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
FETTUCCINE WITH SHIITAKES, TOMATOES AND ROSEMARY CREAM
- In a small bowl, toss the mushrooms with the lemon juice and set aside.
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine the cream with the rosemary, bruising the rosemary in several places with a wooden spoon. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook gently for 15 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium-high heat just until the butter foams. Stir in the onion and saute it for five to six minutes until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer. Stir in the mushrooms and cook over medium heat for three to four minutes. Season with salt and plenty of fresh pepper. Add the chopped tomatoes and cream and leave on low heat.
- Add salt to the boiling water, then cook the fettuccine until it is al dente, approximately one minute, and drain. Transfer the pasta to a warmed serving platter, ladle on the rosemary-cream mixture and about half the grated cheese. Toss and taste, adding more pepper if needed. Divide the fettuccine equally among six heated plates, placing plenty of the mushroom-tomato mixture and a small sprig of rosemary in the center of the pasta. Serve at once. Pass the remaining cheese and a pepper mill at the table.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 607, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 52 grams, Fat 37 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 18 grams, SaturatedFat 21 grams, Sodium 669 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
FETTUCCINE WITH ASPARAGUS AND SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
- Steam the asparagus until tender but firm. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, bring four quarts of water to boil for the fettuccine.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and the shallots and saute for one minute. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender (three to four minutes). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the asparagus and parsley and keep the mixture warm until the fettuccine is cooked.
- Cook the fettuccine until al dente, drain and transfer to a heated serving bowl. Add the sauce, toss and serve. Pass the cheese separately.
SPAGHETTI WITH ASPARAGUS, SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS, LEMON, AND CHIVES
- Cook spaghetti in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Transfer pasta to large wide bowl.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; sauté 1 minute. Add shiitake mushrooms; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté shiitake mixture until soft, about 6 minutes. Add lemon juice; cook 1 minute. Add broth and lemon peel. Bring to boil, then reduce to medium and simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Add asparagus to mushroom mixture; simmer until asparagus turns bright green, about 2 minutes. Add chives and remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir until butter melts. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Top with shaved Asiago and serve.
- *Available at some supermarkets, and at Italian markets and specialty food stores.
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
I have been looking for recipes that contain Shiitake mushrooms. I discovered this recipe on Recipelink.com
Provided by Bev I Am
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut asparagus spears in 1/2 lengthwise, 7 into 1 inch pieces.
- Melt the butter in wok& add the shallots& ginger.
- Sauté until just tender.
- Add the asparagus& mushrooms.
- Season w/ salt& pepper& cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the vermouth& cover.
- Cook for 2 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice, Sprinkle with the orange (fresh) zest.
- Cook 1 more minute.
ASPARAGUS RISOTTO WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
This recipe is an adoptee from the RecipeZaar account, and I haven't tried it yet. I will repost here when I have tried the recipe. I won't change the recipe itself, though! Recipe By :Michael Chiarello
Provided by Aunt Cookie
Categories Short Grain Rice
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Pour the stock into a saucepan, place over high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, snap off the ends from the asparagus and peel any tough skin from the stalks.
- Add the asparagus ends to the stock, reduce the heat to low, and simmer gently until the stems are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Dip out and discard the stems.
- Slice the spears 1/4 inch thick on the diagonal.
- Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Scatter in the mushrooms and do not move them until they begin to brown, about 1 minute.
- Then season with salt and pepper, and sauté until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove to a plate.
- Lower the heat to medium, add the onion, season lightly with salt, and cook until soft but not brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook briefly.
- Add the rice and stir until the grains look pearly white, about 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, if using, and cook until the pan is nearly dry.
- Adjust the heat so the rice cooks at a slow simmer.
- Add 1/2 cup of the stock, stir, and cook until the pan is nearly dry again.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper now so the flavor permeates the rice.
- Add another 1/2 cup of the stock and continue to stir and cook, adding stock as necessary, until the rice is three-fourths cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the thyme, mushrooms, and sliced asparagus tips.
- Continue to cook until the rice is al dente and the asparagus is bright green and just tender, about 4 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, Fontina cheese, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the parsley and the lemon zest, if using.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Dust with Parmesan before serving.
- Pass more cheese at the table.
ASPARAGUS WITH SHIITAKES, SHALLOTS, AND PEAS
- In a large nonstick skillet with a lid, heat oil over medium. Add shallots and cook until they begin to color, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing occasionally, until mushrooms and shallots are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add lemon zest and tarragon; toss to combine.
- In the same skillet, bring 2 inches of water to a boil. Add asparagus, season with salt, cover, and cook until asparagus is bright green and tender, 3 to 4 minutes (timing will vary depending upon thickness of asparagus). Add peas to skillet, and then drain.
- Transfer to bowl with the shallots and mushrooms, add lemon juice, and toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98 g, Fat 5 g, Protein 4 g
More about "fettuccine with shiitakes and asparagus recipes"
FETTUCCINE WITH GRILLED ASPARAGUS, SHIITAKE, AND …
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 4Calories 560 per serving
FETTUCCINE WITH SHIITAKES AND ASPARAGUS RECIPE | BON …
3.8/5 (59)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4
SPAGHETTI WITH ASPARAGUS, SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS, LEMON, …
BAKED COD WITH ASPARAGUS AND SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS …
ASPARAGUS WITH SHIITAKES, BOWTIE PASTA, AND SPRING PEAS
RECIPE FOR SPAGHETTI WITH ASPARAGUS, SHIITAKE …
FETTUCCINE WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS & BASIL RECIPE
PENNE WITH ASPARAGUS, SHIITAKE, AND PANCETTA - RECIPE
GIADA'S 30-MINUTE PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS AND …
ASPARAGUS WITH SHIITAKES, BOWTIE PASTA, AND SPRING PEAS RECIPE
ASPARAGUS WITH SHIITAKES, BOWTIE PASTA AND PEAS
GRILLED ASPARAGUS AND SHIITAKE TACOS - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
FETTUCCINE WITH ASPARAGUS AND MORELS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
PASTA WITH SHIITAKE, PEAS & GOAT CHEESE RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
BROWN RICE PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS, SHIITAKES, PESTO AND CHEESE
FETTUCCINE WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS AND ASPARAGUS
COOKING SPRING VEGETABLES: ASPARAGUS WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS, …
PAN-ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS AND CHERRY …
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS, SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS, AND LEMON
FETTUCCINE WITH PROSCIUTTO AND ASPARAGUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
STIR-FRIED ASPARAGUS WITH SHIITAKES AND SESAME SEEDS
FETTUCCINE WITH ASPARAGUS AND MORELS - FOODCHANNEL.COM
RECIPE: PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND SHIITAKES | STAR TRIBUNE
ASPARAGUS-AND-SHIITAKE GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
STIR-FRIED ASPARAGUS WITH SHIITAKES AND SESAME SEEDS RECIPE
47 ASPARAGUS RECIPES FOR SALAD, PASTA, GRILLING, AND MORE - MSN
ASPARAGUS AND GRILLED SHIITAKE WITH SOY VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
HERBED ASPARAGUS WITH SHIITAKES AND PARMESAN - BIGOVEN.COM
BROWN RICE PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS, SHIITAKES, PUMPKIN SEED PESTO …
FETTUCCINE WITH SHIITAKES AND ASPARAGUS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
STIR-FRIED ASPARAGUS WITH SHIITAKES AND SESAME SEEDS
TAGLIATELLE WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS AND ASPARAGUS - KUALI
STIR-FRIED ASPARAGUS WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS RECIPE
FETTUCCINE WITH SHIITAKES AND ASPARAGUS | PUNCHFORK
THIS PASTA RECIPE SHOWCASES ONE OF SPRING'S MOST DELICIOUS …
COOKUNITY - FETTUCCINE WITH SHIITAKES, ASPARAGUS, AND PARMESAN
CHICKEN SOUP WITH ASPARAGUS AND SHIITAKES RECIPE - LOS ANGELES …
HOW TO MAKE ASPARAGUS WITH SHIITAKE, BOWTIE PASTA, AND ... - SYRACUSE
ASPARAGUS WITH EDAMAME AND SHIITAKES RECIPE | PCC COMMUNITY …
ASPARAGUS WITH SHIITAKES, BOWTIE PASTA, AND SPRING PEAS
You'll also love