MARINATED FIG AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI
Provided by Geoffrey Zakarian
Yield 8 crostini
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese, olive oil, honey and half of the tarragon, shallots and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, toss the figs with the lemon juice, saba vinegar and remaining tarragon, shallots and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the goat cheese mixture on the crostini, then top with the figs.
FIG AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI
Categories Cheese Fruit Appetizer Bake Cocktail Party Goat Cheese Dried Fruit Fig Fall Shower Party Gourmet Kidney Friendly Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 24 hors d'oeuvres
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Make savory fig jam:
- Cook shallot, thyme sprigs, and bay leaf in butter in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, stirring, until shallot is softened, about 2 minutes. Add dried figs, Port, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, until figs are soft, about 10 minutes. If there is still liquid in saucepan, remove lid and simmer, stirring, until most of liquid is evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes more. Discard bay leaf and thyme sprigs and transfer jam to a bowl. Cool, then stir in minced thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Make toasts while jam cools:
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat to 350°F.
- Halve each baguette slice diagonally, then arrange on a baking sheet and brush tops lightly with oil. Bake until lightly toasted, about 7 minutes. Cool on baking sheet on a rack.
- Assemble crostini:
- Spread each toast with 1 teaspoon fig jam and top with about 1 1/2 teaspoons goat cheese and 2 pieces fresh fig.
FIG JAM AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI
Flavors of fall 'sage and figs' pair up with tangy goat cheese for an elegant appetizer that's a perfect pairing for a glass of bubbly. The toasts can be made up to a day ahead and stored at room temperature in an airtight container. The sage can also be prepared a day ahead, loosely wrapped in a paper towel, and stored in an airtight container. Fig jam can be purchased at high-end grocery stores. Quince jam, a.k.a. membrillo, would also be delicious here. Taken from CHOW.com
Provided by alligirl
Yield 20 crostini, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat the oven to 400°F
- Cut the baguette on the bias into about 20 (1/2-inch-thick) slices and place on a baking sheet.
- Using 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, lightly brush each slice. Sprinkle with salt and bake until lightly toasted and crisp, about 8 minutes; let cool.
- Line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a small frying pan over medium-low heat. When the oil shimmers, gently place 2 to 3 sage leaves at a time into the hot oil until they darken in color and any bubbling subsides.
- Immediately remove the leaves with tongs or a slotted spoon and transfer to the paper-towel-lined plate.
- Repeat with remaining sage leaves; set aside.
- Gently spread 1 teaspoon of the goat cheese on each crostini, top with a heaping 1/2 teaspoon of the fig jam, and garnish with a fried sage leaf.
FIG, PEPITA AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI
- Toast 1 sliced baguette in a 350 degrees F oven, 6 to 8 minutes. Spread the pieces with a 10 1/2 -ounce log goat cheese, then top with 1/4 cup fig jam and 1/2 cup toasted pepitas.Season with salt and pepper.
FIG, GOAT CHEESE, AND PROSCIUTTO CROSTINI
Get ready to nosh on crispy crostini topped with fresh figs, creamy goat cheese, and prosciutto.
Provided by Bonne Maman
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice 12 ½-inch slices of bread from the baguette. Place on a baking sheet, and brush generously with the olive oil. Sprinkle a little salt if desired on each slice.
- Bake for about 10 mins, or until crisp and slightly golden. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Spread goat cheese on each crostini. Spread about a tablespoon of Bonne Maman Fig Preserves on top of the goat cheese.
- Fold the slices of prosciutto neatly and place on top of each crostini.
- Lay fresh arugula leaves on top of each crostini to taste.
CROSTINI WITH WARM GOAT CHEESE AND BALSAMIC FIGS
These are very easy to make and are absolutely delicious. The ingredients are estimates since it really depends on how large your crostini are. Feel free to make your own crostini by cutting french bread into thin slices and toasting them in the oven. Prep time does not include the soak time for the figs. Another option for serving, is to take the soaked figs and blend in a mini food processor, then spread on the goat cheese before baking.
Provided by C. Taylor
Yield 16 crostini, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Chop figs into 1/4 inch pieces and soak in balsamic vinegar, over night.
- When ready, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread goat cheese onto the crostini, and top with a spoonful of the chopped balsamic figs. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and drizzle with a few drops of the remaining balsamic vinegar. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108.8, Fat 6.5, SaturatedFat 4.4, Cholesterol 16.8, Sodium 110.8, Carbohydrate 8.6, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 6.6, Protein 5
CRANBERRY-FIG GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI
The blend of flavors in the crostini make an absolutely scrumptious appetizer.-Barbara Estabrook, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and honey. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool., Lightly brush both sides of baguette slices with oil; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Set aside., In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; toss to coat. In another bowl, beat goat cheese, lemon zest and pepper until blended., To serve, spread goat cheese mixture over toasts. Stir cranberry mixture; spoon over goat cheese. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with mint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 7mg cholesterol, Sodium 135mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
GOAT-CHEESE CROSTINI WITH FIG COMPOTE
These canapes are a festive addition to holiday gatherings that call for great friends, elegant bites, and jolly cocktails.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Appetizers Finger Food Recipes
Yield Makes 24
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat broiler. Brush both sides of baguette slices with oil; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side; set toasts aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine figs, sugar, wine, thyme, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until thickened, 7 to 9 minutes. Let compote cool to room temperature.
- Dividing evenly, spread each toast with goat cheese, and top with compote. Garnish with thyme, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84 g, Fat 3 g, Protein 2 g
More about "fig and goat cheese crostini recipes"
FIG AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI WITH HONEY - FOX AND BRIAR
Cuisine ItalianCategory Breakfast, BrunchServings 10Total Time 13 mins
- Brush the bread slices with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven under the broiler for about 5 minutes, or until just starting to toast. Remove from oven.
- Spread goat cheese on toasts. Top each with a few slices of figs, then drizzle with honey. Season lightly with fresh cracked pepper (one or two turns of the grinder, not too much).
- Place back under the broiler for 2 or 3 minutes, until honey is just starting to bubble and edges of bread are browning. Remove from oven and serve right away.
GOAT CHEESE AND FIG CROSTINI RECIPE IS THE BEST PARTY …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
10 BEST GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FIG AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI 2 WAYS · MY THREE SEASONS
GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI WITH FIG COMPOTE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PROSCIUTTO FIG & GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI | EASY ITALIAN APPETIZER RECIPE
FIG COMPOTE AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI - BLUES BEST LIFE
FIG, GOAT CHEESE AND CARAMELIZED ONION CROSTINI
FIG AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
FIG & GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI - CPA: CERTIFIED PASTRY AFICIONADO
GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI WITH FIG, HONEY, AND WALNUTS
FIG CROSTINI WITH GOAT CHEESE AND PISTACHIOS - AHEAD OF …
GOAT CHEESE, BACON AND FIG CROSTINI - THECHOWDOWN
FIG AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI - FLAVOUR AND SAVOUR
FIG CROSTINI WITH GOAT CHEESE AND PISTACHIOS - MANY SIMPLE RECIPES
FIG & GOATS CHEESE CROSTINI - SOBEYS INC.
ITALIAN CROSTINI RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST FIG GOAT CHEESE APPETIZER RECIPES - YUMMLY
BEST CROSTINI WITH GOAT CHEESE AND FIG-OLIVE TAPENADE RECIPE
FIG AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI | RECIPES | FUSTINI'S OILS AND VINEGARS
EASY FIG CROSTINI APPETIZER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
FIG AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI RECIPE ~ BARLEY & SAGE
FIG AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI - TAMING OF THE SPOON
FIG, GOAT CHEESE, BACON + HONEY CROSTINI | FEAST + WEST
CROSTINI WITH GOAT CHEESE AND FIGS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
FIG AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI WITH TRUFFLE HONEY
FIG & GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI - THE OVEN LIGHT
WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE FIG & PROSCIUTTO CROSTINI - THE LILYPAD …
GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI WITH FIG APPETIZER - JULIE BLANNER
FIG & GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI - TABLE FOR TWO, PLEASE
FIG AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI - FORK IN THE KITCHEN
FIG & GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI (GF) - SIMPLY QUINOA
GOAT CHEESE, FIG AND BALSAMIC CROSTINI RECIPE | SIDECHEF
GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI WITH DRIED FIGS | VALLEY FIG GROWERS
13 AMAZING FIG RECIPES YOU HAVE TO TRY — EAT THIS NOT THAT
FIG, GOAT CHEESE & PANCETTA CROSTINI | GIADZY
PROSCIUTTO, BASIL, FIG JAM & GOAT CHEESE CROSTINIS
GOAT CHEESE & FIG JAM CROSTINI W/ CARAMELIZED ONIONS
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
FIG AND GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI WITH PROSCIUTTO - YUMMY ADDICTION
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love