FINSKT LAMM (FINNISH LAMB)
This roast lamb is one of the most delectable imaginable, and my whole family love it. It was given to me by a very old friend years ago - I don't know his source. Number of serves and cooking time is for a 5lb leg with bone.
Provided by Daydream
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut all fat off lamb.
- Mix salt and mustard together and rub into lamb.
- Insert slivers of garlic into meat near bone.
- Place in a heavy baking dish and roast at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 F (175 degrees C) and roast another 15 minutes.
- Mix coffee, cream and stock together.
- Remove lamb from oven, pour coffee, cream and stock over lamb and return it to the oven.
- Continue cooking until done, about 25 minutes a pound (all-up) to reach medium rare.
- The most accurate way to determine doneness is with a meat thermometer: 110 degrees F (42 degrees C) is rare, 120 degrees F (58 degrees C) is medium-rare, and 145 degrees F (68 degrees C) is medium-well done.
- (Don't exceed 145 degrees F or it will become dry.) If you want your roast to be particularly succulent, once it is within 10 degrees F (5 degrees C) of its ideal doneness, remove it from the oven and allow it to rest for 15 or 20 minutes with a tent of foil placed very loosely over it.
- Sauce: Spoon surplus fat off pan juices.
- Place pan over medium heat and stir in flour.
- Cook 2 minutes or until it colours a little.
- Add cream, red current jelly and seasonings and simmer for a few minutes.
- Carve the lamb after it has rested, and serve the sauce separately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168.4, Fat 13, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 45.4, Sodium 1237.3, Carbohydrate 11.6, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 6.1, Protein 2.3
MINT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
- Mix first 5 ingredients in large glass baking dish. Season with generous amount of pepper. Add lamb, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Drain lamb and transfer to large roasting pan. Season both sides with salt and generous amount of pepper. Arrange fat side down in pan. Roast 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F and continue roasting until thermometer inserted in thickest part of lamb registers 130°F for rare, about 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into slices. Arrange on platter. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
More about "finskt lamm finnish lamb recipes"
OUR 10 BEST LAMB RECIPES | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
32 BEST LAMB RECIPES - EASY WAYS TO COOK LAMB - DELISH
LAMB FILLET RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
ROAST LAMB LEG WITH GRAVY - RECIPETIN EATS
HOW TO MAKE GREEK LAMB KLEFTIKO - MY GREEK DISH
LAMB RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
10 BEST LAMB FILLET RECIPES | YUMMLY
30 LAMB RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS AND …
41 BEST LAMB RECIPES & IDEAS | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY …
Reviews 1KAuthor By
PERFECT ROASTED LEG OF LAMB (NO-FAIL RECIPE) - THE MEDITERRANEAN …
LAMB KLEFTIKO (STOLEN LAMB BAKE) RECIPE - CHEF'S PENCIL
LAMB LEMONATO | KALOFAGAS.CA
MUGHLAI LAMB - DELICIOUS SEASONAL RECIPES - END OF THE FORK
WORLD BEST COFFEE RECIPES: FINSKT LAMM (FINNISH LAMB)
LEG OF LAMB IN THE OVEN | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
LAMB FILLET RECIPES - BBC FOOD
26 MOST POPULAR LAMB RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
INCREDIBLY TASTY NORDIC RECIPES WE CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF - PAGE 8
LEG OF LAMB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
OVEN RECIPE TIPS TO MAKE HOME AND FAMILY RECIPES - PAGE 983 OF …
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
FINSKT LAMM (FINNISH LAMB) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
OUR BEST LAMB RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
LAMB FATTOUSH RECIPE - QUICK FROM SCRATCH ONE-DISH MEALS
LAMB VINDALOO RECIPE- HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC INDIAN SPICY CURRY
FINSKT LAMM FINNISH LAMB RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
FINSKT LAMM (FINNISH LAMB) - NORDIC RECIPES
WELSH LAMB SHANK CASSEROLE - MY FUSSY EATER | EASY KIDS RECIPES
10 BONELESS LEG OF LAMB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
TASTE NORWEGIAN LAMB STEW – NORWAY’S NATIONAL DISH | FåRIKåL, RECIPE
10 BEST FRESH FIGS LAMB RECIPES | YUMMLY
SARDINIAN FREGOLA WITH LAMB - THE PASTA PROJECT
VEGAN GREEK-STYLE ROAST “LAMB” (KLEFTIKO)
MY MUM'S INCREDIBLE LEMON LAMB NECK RECIPE - THEOCOOKS
MONGOLIAN LAMB | RECIPETIN EATS
FIERY LAMB RAGU ON PARPADELLE - CAFE DELITES
51 LAMB RECIPES FOR CHOPS, BURGERS, BRAISES, AND MORE - EPICURIOUS
You'll also love