BASIC FISH MOUSSE
It may be a basic way to make this fish mousse, but the flavor was definitely very sophisticated. Light, silken-smooth with the creamy and rich Hollandaise sauce that Sean made from the scratch, it was an ultimate enjoyment!
Categories Seafood Appetizers Fish
Number Of Ingredients 16
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350℉ (180℃). Combine whitefish, lobster, onion, salt, brandy and tomato paste in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the egg whites and blend until incorporated. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover and chill for 30 minutes. Stir in the cream until incorporated. Divide the mousse between buttered ramekins. Place the ramekins in a water bath, cover and place in oven for 20 minutes. To serve, turn the contents of each ramekin out onto a warm plate, spoon some Hollandaise-based sauce over each mousse and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts :
A light and airy luncheon dish great for using up leftover fish from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included in preparation time and cooking time is approximate.
Provided by Molly53
Categories Free Of...
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Beat yolks slightly; add salt, mustard, paprika, lemon juice, butter and milk.
- Cook in a double boiler until thick, stirring constantly.
- Soak gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Stir into hot mixture until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Fold in flaked fish.
- Rins a mold in cold water or spritz lightly with cooking spray; fill with fish mixture.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold and serve with mayonnaise.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 85, Fat 6.8, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 78.8, Sodium 439.8, Carbohydrate 3, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.3, Protein 3.4
MOUSSELINE DE FRUIT DE MER
- For the filling Warm a saute pan with a small amount of olive oil. Take the diced shrimp, finely diced elbow lobster meat, and diced sea scallop, and sear lightly. Remove the remaining lobster meat from the shell and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Reserve this lobster meat and the whole shrimp and scallops in the refrigerator. Add the diced vegetables and saute for 1 minute. Deglaze with the vermouth. Bring the ingredients to boil and simmer for 1 minute. Strain, reserving the seafood and vegetables and the liquid separately. Return the liquid to the saute pan. Add the heavy cream and a small amount of beurre-manie, and bring to a boil. Add back the seafood and vegetable mixture. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and the chopped tarragon. Set aside.
- For the Fish Mousse: Put the chopped fish in a food processor and run it at high speed until the fish has a very tight consistency. Now add the egg while the machine is running and then the heavy cream. Run until the fish mousse has a shiny and bright consistency. Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper for seasoning, set in cool place.
- Butter 6 small stainless steel cups, 1 1/2-inch diameter and approximately 2 inches deep. Take a small amount of fish mousse in pastry bag with a small opening, and coat the bottom and the inner sides of the buttered cup with a thin layer of the fish mousse repeat 5 more times with the remaining cups. Now take the seafood filling and fill up almost to the very top of the cup. Take a small amount of fish mousse and cover the opening with it. Set aside.
- Assembly: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Fill a roasting pan that will fit all 6 molds in it, halfway with hot water. Place the molds in the water and place in the oven. Bake for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- While timbale is baking, warm a frying pan, add a small amount of extra-virgin olive oil and quickly saute the reserved shrimp, scallops, and lobster. Place warm sauerkraut in center of warmed plates, set the seafood around it, garnish with the diced tomatoes and cooked vegetable pearls. Place the fish mousse timbales upside down in the center of the sauerkraut, remove the stainless steel cup. Garnish with caviar and quail eggs. Mix the champagne sauce and spoon it around the seafood. Finish with chervil and chopped chives. Serve immediately.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter and flour until they are well combined and a paste is formed.
- Sweat the diced onions in small amount of butter without giving color. Set the sauerkraut atop and add the Champagne, water, bouquet garni, bay leaf, juniper berries and seasoning. Cook on low heat for approximately 15 minutes. Set aside in warm place.
- Sweat the shallots with the peppercorns in a small amount of butter in a saute pan, without giving any color to the shallots. Deglaze with the vermouth and the champagne. Add the parsley stems and reduce down to 1/3. Add the chicken or fish stock, and reduce down again to 1/3. Now add the heavy cream and mix in the butter. Simmer the sauce for 1 minute and season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and lemon juice. Set aside in warm place.
NORWEGIAN FISH MOUSSE (FISKEPUDDING)
This is light and airy fish pudding - A traditional dish of Norway. You serve this dish with Hollandaise or a mustard sauce. May be served as a first course or as a side dish.
Provided by Bergy
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Rinse and pat dry the fillets, remove any skin, mince the fish, mince several times so you have a fine texture.
- You may use your blender but be careful you do not want to puree it - It is better to do it by hand so the fish retains some texture but is finely minced.
- Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and potato flour, mix well.
- Stir the farce vigorously and slowly incorporate the milk & cream, beating all the time.
- Butter a 2 1/2-3 pint oblong mould, sprinkle in the bread crumbs coating the mould.
- Add the mousse until the mould is 3/4 full.
- Cover with buttered foil or release foil.
- Place mould in a larger dish, fill with water.
- Bake in 375 oven for approximately 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean.
- Invert the mould very carefully.
- Decorate with the shrimp & parsley.
- Serve with sauce poured over it.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
FISH MOUSSELINE WITH SAUCE NANTUA
- For the sauce: Heat the butter over low heat. Saute the carrots and onions for 2 minutes. Chop the shrimp, add them, turn up the heat and fry until they turn bright red, about 3 minutes. Flame with the Cognac. Add the wine and reduce by half. Add the stock, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the tomato paste, cayenne, paprika, bay leaf and thyme and cook for 30 minutes. Stir in the cream and let bubble a further 10 minutes. Pull out the bay leaf and thyme and blitz the mixture in the food processor. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Bring the sauce back to a boil in a saucepan, reducing to sauce consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the fish: Put the fish, cream and egg in a food processor and whiz just a few seconds to form a paste. Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper and chill for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C. Butter 6 ramekins (or a terrine) and put a round of parchment in the bottom of each. Fill the ramekins with the fish mixture. Set them in a baking dish and pour boiling water around to come halfway up the sides. Bake until just set, about 20 minutes.
- Unmold onto warm serving plates. Spoon the sauce over the top, and serve hot.
FISH MOUSSE GRILLED ON LEMON GRASS (SATE LILIT)
Provided by Steven Raichlen
Categories dinner, weekday, main course
Yield 6 to 8 appetizer servings, 2 to 3 main course servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Prepare spice paste. In a food processor finely grind shallots, garlic, chilies, ginger, turmeric, macadamia nuts, coriander, pepper, shrimp or anchovy paste (if using fish sauce, add it in Step 2) and salt. Heat oil in a wok. Stir-fry mixture over medium heat until dark and fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, and let cool.
- Prepare fish mousse. Puree fish and shrimp in food processor. Add spice paste, and puree. Work in coconut milk, lime juice, kaffir lime leaves and sugar. Taste mixture for seasoning, adding salt or lime juice to taste. It should be highly seasoned. Chill mixture for 2 hours.
- Lightly wet your hands. Take about 3 tablespoons mousse mixture in one hand, and mold it onto bulbous part of lemon grass stalk about 3 inches long). Repeat with remaining stalks. Place finished sates on a plate lined with plastic wrap. Cover with more plastic wrap.
- Preheat grill to high. Brush and oil grate. Grill sates until mousse is nicely browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes a side. If fish mixture sticks to grate, use a metal spatula to turn sates. Serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 475, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 73 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 525 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SEAFOOD AND FISH MOUSSE SAUSAGE
Provided by Marian Burros
Categories dinner, appetizer, main course
Yield about 12 sausages
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Chill processor bowl and metal blade in refrigerator.
- Cut chilled salmon into large pieces, and process until smooth. You may need to do this in several batches.
- With motor running slowly add egg whites and cr eme fra^iche.
- Place salmon in bowl with salt and pepper, paprika, parsley, lobster, shrimp, Pernod, anise seeds and green onion.
- Using sausage stuffer, stuff into casing, and tie off at 3-inch intervals.
- Poach in salted water for 15 minutes. To serve, reheat in poaching liquid.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 200, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 261 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
SALT CODFISH MOUSSE
Provided by Pierre Franey
Yield 4 or more servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Put the cod in a dish and add cold water to cover. Let stand 12 hours, changing the water often.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into large cubes. Put in a saucepan with water to cover and simmer about 20 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain.
- Meanwhile, drain the cod and transfer it to a large saucepan. Cover with water and add the onions, bay leaf and parsley sprigs. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes or until the fish is cooked and flaky. Drain well, and discard onions and bay leaf. Carefully remove the bones and skin if necessary.
- In another saucepan blend the milk and cream. Warm over low heat. Warm the oil in yet another saucepan.
- Combine the potatoes and garlic in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat at low speed. Add the cod and beat at medium-high speed.
- Alternately add the milk mixture and the warm oil until they are all used. Beat in the nutmeg, cayenne and white pepper. Add salt only if needed.
- Scatter chopped truffles over the dish for color and flavor. Serve warm with toasted French bread.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 818, UnsaturatedFat 28 grams, Carbohydrate 29 grams, Fat 43 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 77 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 8016 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
More about "fish mousse recipes"
TROUT MOUSSE RECIPE | TASTE OF FRANCE
SALMON MOUSSE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SMOKED HADDOCK MOUSSE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
FISH AND SEAFOOD MOUSSE | METRO
FISH MOUSSE TOMATOES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
FISH AND MOUSSE TERRINE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
SEAFOOD MOUSSE RECIPE - CELEBRATION GENERATION
10 BEST FISH MOUSSE RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE: STUFFED FISH MOUSSE STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
SMOKED FISH MOUSSE - BOSS KITCHEN
MOUSSE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MOLDED FISH MOUSSE – FANCY TITLE HERE
THAI FISH MOUSSE (HOR MOK PLA) – STEFAN'S GOURMET BLOG
FISH MOUSSE ON BREAD RECIPE BY CHEF ZAKIR
MOUSSE RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
FISH MOUSSE WITH VERMOUTH | OMNI | ON | EN
BASIC FISH MOUSSE - BIGOVEN.COM
10 BEST FISH MOUSSE RECIPES | YUMMLY
FISH MOUSSE RECIPES | RECIPELAND
THAI FISH MOUSSE, HOR MOK PLA - THE HIGH HEEL GOURMET
FISH MOUSSE FROM A FEAST MADE FOR LAUGHTER BY CRAIG CLAIBORNE
FISH MOUSSE STARTER RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE AN EASY FISH MOUSSE …
SEAFOOD MOUSSE | SNACK RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
FISH MOUSSE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SEAFOOD MOUSSE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BASIC FISH MOUSSELINE FROM FRENCH CLASSICS MADE EASY BY RICHARD …
FISH MOUSSE RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SMOKED SALMON MOUSSE (5-MINUTE RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
FISH MOUSSE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
STEAMED FISH MOUSSE | SAVEUR
THREE FISH MOUSSE | GREAT BRITISH FOOD AWARDS
FISH MOUSSE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
MOUSSE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
20+ SAUCES FOR FISH | ALLRECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love