- In a large heavy pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add the onions, garlic, chili powder, Essence, and cumin and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 4 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the beer and cook until the foam subsides, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, and kidney beans to the pot. Stir well and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the chili from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a thermos. To serve, ladle into bowls or thick cups. Sprinkle each serving with grated cheese and green onions, and serve hot.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
SPICY TOUCHDOWN CHILI
For me, football, cool weather and chili just seem to go together. Whether I'm cheering on the local team on a Friday night or enjoying a Saturday afternoon of Oklahoma Sooner football with some friends, I enjoy serving this chili on game day. -Chris Neal, Quapaw, Oklahoma
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Repeat with sausage., Stir in the next 13 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until heated through. If desired, top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and chopped green onions when serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365 calories, Fat 15g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 48mg cholesterol, Sodium 901mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 9g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
A fantastic chili that builds up in heat as you eat. Perfect for football. I won a chili cook off with this recipe. I make it in this size batch so I can freeze the leftovers. A friend gave me this recipe over 10 years ago and I have tweaked it over time. Serve with shredded cheese and/or oyster crackers. It is also good over pasta.
Provided by cincychic
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot stockpot until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain. Add green bell pepper and onion to ground beef; saute until vegetables are tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir tomato juice, mild chili beans, hot chili beans, beer, chili powder, garlic salt, vinegar, allspice, red pepper flakes, and bay leaves into ground beef mixture. Cover stockpot with a lid and simmer at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411.7 calories, Carbohydrate 47.4 g, Cholesterol 55.6 mg, Fat 15 g, Fiber 12.1 g, Protein 28.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 1872 mg, Sugar 12.2 g
started with a basic recipe from the back of a sausage package, and over the years we have altered it until we got this version. Everyone loves it!!
Provided by Geneva Handleman
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In large saucepan, cook sausage and onions over medium high heat, stirring frequently until meat is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you are in a hurry and don't want to wait for it to thicken up, use the Masa from the 2 Alarm box.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 729.6, Fat 42.8, SaturatedFat 13.8, Cholesterol 109, Sodium 1518, Carbohydrate 50.6, Fiber 18.5, Sugar 5.9, Protein 38.7
HEARTY SAUSAGE CHILI
You'll have a stick-to-the-ribs bowl of chili in not time with this simple recipe. It's quick to prepare, but tastes like it's been simmering for hours! This is great with cornbread. -Jeannie Klugh, Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan, saute sausage and peppers in oil until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. , Stir in the tomatoes, beans, chili sauce, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 1051mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
SMOKED SAUSAGE CHILI
Most chili recipes contain the usual meats such as ground beef, chicken or venison. I decided to try and create a new recipe for chili by using smoked sausage. If I do say so myself, ;) it turned out pretty good. This serves two very hungry people. If you like, top each serving with shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Submitted to "ZAAR" on December 27th, 2007.
Provided by Chef shapeweaver
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a dutch oven over medium heat, add oil heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add chopped onion and smoked sausage; cook until onion is soft and sausage is browned.
- Then add chili seasoning, beans, and tomatoes.
- Stir until seasonings are blended well.
- And macaroni and water; turn heat down and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is al denté (you might need more water to get the pasta to your desired doneness).
- Serve and enjoy :)!
BOILERMAKER TAILGATE CHILI
This is the chili recipe the gang eats at Purdue Boilermaker football games. I always prep and cook the chili the night before and then reheat the next day. This is a combination of many different tomato-based chili recipes. Good luck and enjoy.
Provided by MIGHTYPURDUE22
Number Of Ingredients 28
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
- Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chile peppers, bacon bits, bouillon, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
- To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 599.8 calories, Carbohydrate 55.3 g, Cholesterol 69.7 mg, Fat 30.1 g, Fiber 11.5 g, Protein 30.8 g, SaturatedFat 10.6 g, Sodium 2092.5 mg, Sugar 11.8 g
CHILLI SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
Spicy stew, a real winter warmer that is easy to prepare & cook
Provided by mullock01
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add sausages and onions, fry gently until sausages are browned
- Add chilli seasoning, passata, tomatoes and mushrooms; simmer for a further 15 minutes to reduce and thicken
- Stir in beans and cook gently for a further 5 minutes
- Take off the heat, swirl in sour cream and sprinkle with chopped spring onions. Serve with mashed potatoes
More about "football sausage chili recipes"
FOOTBALL CHILI - NANA'S BEST RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
SAUSAGE AND BEEF CHILI - COOK NOURISH BLISS
- Add the olive oil to a large stockpot or Dutch oven set over medium high heat. When hot, add in the onion and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until just fragrant.
- Next, add in the sausage and beef. Use a wooden spoon to break up the meat into smaller pieces as it cooks. Cook until browned and cooked through.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE CHILI - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
- In a large frying pan, crumble and brown Italian sausage, ground beef, onions, bell pepper and garlic together and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain grease and add meat mixture to a large dutch oven or saucepan. Sprinkle with seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir
- Add remaining ingredients to large saucepan, cover and cook over low flame for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
SAUSAGE CHILI (CROCKPOT) - ORGANIZE YOURSELF SKINNY
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Cook ground turkey and sausage until no longer pink in the middle. Transfer to slow cooker and add the diced tomatoes and beans into the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet cook onions, garlic, and peppers until onions are translucent. Stir in chili powder, coriander, oregano, garlic pwder, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the spices become fragrant.
- Pour the chicken stock into the skillet and scrape up any bits that are stuck to the pan. Transfer to the slow cooker.
FOOTBALL SAUSAGE CHILI - CREOLE CONTESSA
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
INSTANT POT AND SLOW COOKER FOOTBALL PARTY RECIPES - 365 ...
EASY GAME DAY CHILI WITH BOB EVANS SAUSAGE
FOOTBALL SEASON CHILI RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
FOOTBALL SAUSAGE CHILI | SAUSAGE CHILI, CHILI RECIPES ...
FOOTBALL SAUSAGE CHILI ARCHIVES - CREOLE CONTESSA
FOOTBALL SAUSAGE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BOB EVANS SAUSAGE GAME DAY RECIPES – SAUSAGE CHILI, 7 ...
FOOTBALL PARTY CHILI DIP RECIPE - OWENS SAUSAGE
SAUSAGE FOOTBALL DIP DISH – VILLA ROMA SAUSAGE COMPANY
FOOTBALL SAUSAGE ROLLS - MOMMY HATES COOKING
FOOTBALL CHILI RECIPE
PREMIO FOOTBALL SAUSAGE ROLLS | PREMIO
SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE CHILI - WEEKEND CRAFT
SAUSAGE CHILI RECIPE | ONTARIO PORK
ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE CHILI RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
FIREHOUSE SAUSAGE CHILI - CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
CREAMY CHILI CHEESE DIP - PLAIN CHICKEN
FOOTBALL FRIDAY ARCHIVES - PLAIN CHICKEN
SPICY SAUSAGE CHILI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CREOLE CONTESSA: FOOTBALL SAUSAGE CHILI | SAUSAGE CHILI ...
BASIC JIMMY DEAN'S SAUSAGE AND BEEF MEATBALLS - MEATBALL ...
FOOTBALL SAUSAGE CHILI | SAUSAGE CHILI, DELICIOUS SOUP ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook sausage for chili?Directions 1 In a large saucepan, saute sausage and peppers in oil until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. 2 Stir in the tomatoes, beans, chili sauce, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for... More ...
What is your favorite way to cook chili?—Jeannie Klugh, Lancaster, Pennsylvania. In a large saucepan, saute sausage and peppers in oil until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, chili sauce, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil.
What kind of meat is in Italian sausage chili?Loaded with delicious sausage, ground beef, three types of beans and seasoned just right, this Italian sausage chili will fast become a family favorite. This Italian Sausage Chili is so good, super easy and really hits the spot especially on those cold winter nights. Having a good, easy chili recipe makes enjoying chili even better.
How do you make the perfect chili sauce?Use a wooden spoon to break up the meat into smaller pieces as it cooks. Cook until browned and cooked through. Add in the chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes. Next, stir in the tomato paste. Add in the beer and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.