Try our delicious Four-Cheese Lasagna stuffed with Neufchatel, mozzarella, Parmesan and cottage cheese. End your day with this cheesy lasagna and a smile!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat with onions in large skillet. Meanwhile, mix Neufchatel, cottage cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan and egg until blended.
- Drain meat; return to skillet. Stir in pasta sauce, tomatoes and oregano; simmer 5 min. Remove from heat. Spoon 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1 cup cheese mixture and 1 cup meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan; cover.
- Bake 50 min. or until heated through, uncovering after 40 min. Let stand 10 min. before cutting to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 650 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 22 g
PERFECT FOUR-CHEESE LASAGNA
Lasagna is one of my favorites, and this is the recipe I've been making since I was a teenager. It's a tantalizing combo of pasta, meat sauce, cheese and more cheese that really lives up to its name! -Lauren Delaney-Wallace, Glen Carbon, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion and garlic over medium-high heat until browned, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in herbs and tomato sauce. In a bowl, mix eggs, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese., Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; layer with 4 noodles, cottage cheese mixture, an additional 4 noodles and half the remaining meat sauce. Repeat last 2 layers. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and remaining mozzarella cheese., Cover with greased foil; bake until cheese is melted, 50-55 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked lasagna. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake lasagna as directed until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°, increasing time to 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279 calories, Fat 13g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 72mg cholesterol, Sodium 662mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
EASY FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a blender or with an electric mixer, blend tomato sauce and cottage cheese together until smooth. Spoon a little of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Place a layer of cooked noodles over the sauce, and sprinkle a portion of the mozzarella, the cheddar and the parmesan over the noodles. Repeat layering of sauce, noodles and cheese; finish with a cheese layer.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 to 45 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 567.7 calories, Carbohydrate 56.4 g, Cholesterol 67 mg, Fat 23.1 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 33.9 g, SaturatedFat 13.1 g, Sodium 1110.3 mg, Sugar 10.6 g
Cheese really stars in this lighter lasagna, which I created a few years ago. It can be prepared ahead of time and baked later. I sometimes make up a couple batches and freeze them in case company drops by. -Janet Myers, Napanee, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. In a blender, process the tomatoes until smooth. Stir into beef mixture along with mushrooms, tomato paste and seasonings; simmer 15 minutes. , In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan, cheddar, 1/2 cup mozzarella and eggs. Spread 2 cups meat sauce in the bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange half the noodles over sauce. Spread cheese mixture over noodles. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. , Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 351 calories, Fat 11g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 76mg cholesterol, Sodium 742mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
SECRET INGREDIENT FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA
The secret ingredient in this lasagna skillet? Carrots! Your kids will never know you put a can of pureed carrots into the sauce.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until brown; drain.
- Stir in hot water, milk, sauce mix and uncooked pasta. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Remove from heat; uncover.
- In food processor, place carrots. Cover; process until smooth. Stir processed carrots into pasta mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340, Carbohydrate 34 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 22 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1100 mg, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 1 g
FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA WITH GORGONZOLA
- Place Gruyere and 1/2 cup Parmesan in a large heatproof bowl. Combine ricotta, egg, black pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley in medium bowl. Set both bowls aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until foaming; add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly combined, about 1 1/2 minutes; mixture should not brown. Gradually whisk in milk and broth; increase heat to medium-high and bring to a full boil, whisking frequently. Add salt, bay leaf, and cayenne; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with heatproof rubber spatula or wooden spoon and making sure the scrape bottom and sides of saucepan. You should have about 4 cups of sauce.
- Remove saucepan from heat and discard bay leaf. Gradually whisk 1/4 cups aof sauce into ricotta mixture. Pour remaining sauce over Gruyere mixture and stir until smooth; set aside.
- Adjust oven rack to upper middle position and heat oven to 350°F Place noodles in 13 x 9" baking dish and cover with very hot tap water; soak for 10 minutes, agitating noodles occasionally to prevent sticking. Remove noodles from water, place in a single layer on kitchen towel, and pat dry. Wipe out baking dish and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Distribute 1/2 cup sauce in bottom of baking dish. Place 3 noodles in single layer on top of sauce. Spread 1/2 cup ricotta mixture evenly over noodles and sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup fontina and 3 tablespoons Gorgonzola. Drizzle 1/2 cup sauce evenly over cheese. Repeat layering of noodles, ricotta, fontina, Gorgonzola, and sauce 3 more times. Place final 3 noodles on top and cover completely with remaining sauce, spreading with a rubber spatula and allowing to spill over noodles. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Spray large sheet of foil with nonstick cooking spray and cover lasagna; bake until edges are just bubbling, 25-30 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking time. Remove foil and turn on oven to broil. Broil until surface is spotty brown, 3-5 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons parsley; cut into pieces and serve.
FOUR-CHEESE LASAGNA (ACTUALLY 5!)
This recipe was featured in an email today from the www.cooksillustrated.com website. You can actually view a video at the website if you have any questions. It's pretty cool! "It's important not to overbake the lasagna. Once the sauce starts bubbling around the edges, turn the oven to broil. If your lasagna pan is not broiler-safe, brown the lasagna at 500 degrees for about 10 minutes. Whole milk is best in the sauce, but skim and low-fat milk also work. Supermarket-brand cheeses work fine in this recipe. The Gorgonzola may be omitted, but the flavor of the lasagna won't be as complex. The test kitchen prefers the flavor and texture of Barilla no-boil noodles, but this recipe will work with most brands. One box of Barilla will yield enough noodles for this recipe; you may need two boxes of other brands."
Provided by senseicheryl
Yield 1 9 x 13 inch pan, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Place Gruyère and 1/2 cup Parmesan in large heatproof bowl. Combine ricotta, egg, black pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley in medium bowl. Set both bowls aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until foaming; add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly combined, about 1 1/2 minutes; mixture should not brown. Gradually whisk in milk and broth; increase heat to medium-high and bring to full boil, whisking frequently. Add salt, bay leaf and cayenne, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with heatproof rubber spatula or wooden spoon and making sure to scrape bottom and corners of saucepan (you should have about 4 cups).
- Remove saucepan from heat and discard bay leaf. Gradually whisk 1/4 cup sauce into ricotta mixture. Pour remaining sauce over Gruyère mixture and stir until smooth; set aside while softening noodles.
- Adjust oven rack to upper middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Place noodles in 13 by 9-inch baking dish and cover with very hot tap water; soak 10 minutes, agitating noodles occasionally to prevent sticking. Remove noodles from water, place in single layer on kitchen towel, and pat dry. Wipe out baking dish and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Distribute 1/2 cup sauce in bottom of baking dish. Place 3 noodles in single layer on top of sauce. Spread 1/2 cup ricotta mixture evenly over noodles and sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup fontina. Drizzle 1/2 cup sauce evenly over cheese. Repeat layering of noodles, ricotta, fontina, Gorgonzola, and sauce 3 more times. Place final 3 noodles on top and cover completely with remaining sauce, spreading with rubber spatula and allowing to spill over noodles. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Spray large sheet foil with nonstick cooking spray and cover lasagna; bake until edges are just bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking time. Remove foil and turn oven to broil. Broil until surface is spotty brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons parsley; cut into pieces and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 451.2, Fat 32.2, SaturatedFat 19.4, Cholesterol 130.3, Sodium 812.3, Carbohydrate 11.9, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 4.9, Protein 28.7
VEGETARIAN FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place pumpkin on a baking sheet and roast in oven until browned and tender, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grill eggplant on a charcoal grill or fry in a skillet, turning once, until charred and tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Halve tomatoes and place on baking sheet in oven for last 15 minutes of pumpkin time; cook until tender and wrinkly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, feta, pesto, eggs, salt and pepper until well mixed. Fold roasted pumpkin into ricotta mixture.
- Spoon half of the tomato sauce into a 9x13 baking dish. Lay two pasta sheets over the sauce. Arrange a single layer of eggplant slices over pasta and top with half the ricotta mixture. Cover with two more pasta sheets. Arrange the roasted tomatoes evenly over the sheets and spoon the remaining half the ricotta mixture over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella. Top with remaining two sheets of pasta. Pour remaining tomato sauce over all and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 to 40 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 451.2 calories, Carbohydrate 20.4 g, Cholesterol 124.4 mg, Fat 29.5 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 28.8 g, SaturatedFat 14.9 g, Sodium 1175.8 mg, Sugar 8.8 g
SLOW-COOKER FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA
This slow-cooker lasagna is a must-try for cheese lovers. It's made with ricotta, Parmesan and a shredded four-cheese blend.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Return meat to skillet. Stir in ricotta.
- Combine pasta sauce and water. Spread about 1/2 cup onto bottom of slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray. Top with 1/4 of the meat mixture and 2 noodles, broken to fit; cover with layers of 1/4 each of the remaining sauce mixture, Parmesan and mozzarella. Repeat layers of meat mixture, noodles, pasta sauce and cheeses 3 times; cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW 4 to 4-1/2 hours (or on HIGH 2 to 2-1/2 hours).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400, Fat 21 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, TransFat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 730 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 29 g
More about "four cheese lasagna with gorgonzola recipes"
FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
4.5/5 (17)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CoursesCalories 485 per serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles until almost al dente (about 2 minutes less than what the package suggests). Drain and lay noodles on an oiled baking sheet. Reserve.
- To make the sauce: Heat the butter in a medium sauce pan, until melted. Add shallot and garlic, and sauté until fragrant and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add flour and stir or whisk quickly into the butter. Cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown - about 5 minutes. Slowly add the warm milk, loosening the roux while whisking constantly. Add bay leaf and nutmeg. Cook until starting to bubble and thicken. Remove bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and reserve.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread a thin layer of béchamel sauce in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Layer 4 to 5 noodles lengthwise side by side, with edges overlapping. Top with a layer of béchamel and a layer of each cheese. Repeat for 2 more layers: pasta, sauce, cheese. Top the last layer of pasta with a generous amount of sauce and then a layer of cheese. Cover with foil.
EASY 4-CHEESE SKILLET LASAGNA - BUTTER WITH A SIDE …
FOUR-CHEESE LASAGNA RECIPE - DELISH
FOUR CHEESE CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE - CENTERCUTCOOK
GORGONZOLA LASAGNE RECIPE - GOURMET CHEESE DETECTIVE
FOUR-CHEESE LASAGNA | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
4 CHEESE BEEF LASAGNA - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA WITH GORGONZOLA | FOOD.COM | RECIPE
EASY FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA | CANADIAN LIVING
FOUR CHEESE PASTA - COOKING MY DREAMS
FOUR CHEESE AND TOMATO LASAGNE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
FOUR CHEESE VEGETABLE LASAGNA - STUFFED AT THE GILL'S
FOUR CHEESE ITALIAN LASAGNA WITH BOLOGNESE SAUCE - HOME BAKED …
LASAGNA ALLA BOLOGNESE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA WITH GORGONZOLA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
FOUR-CHEESE LASAGNA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPETHING - FOUR-CHEESE LASAGNA
FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA - ALIDA'S KITCHEN
FOUR CHEESE LASAGNE (AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN RECIPE)
FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA RECIPE - SIX SISTERS' STUFF
FOUR CHEESE MAKE AHEAD FREEZER LASAGNA - MY CASUAL PANTRY
FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA RECIPE | THE STARVING CHEF
FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA WITH GORGONZOLA RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
FOUR CHEESE WONTON LASAGNA - NOT REALLY HUNGRY
HOMEMADE FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA WITH RICOTTA AND COTTAGE CHEESE
FOUR-CHEESE LASAGNA RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
RECIPETHING - FOUR-CHEESE LASAGNA
FOUR CHEESE VEGETABLE LASAGNA - OH SO DELICIOSO
FOUR CHEESE LASAGNE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA - SWEET LITTLE BLUEBIRD
FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA RECIPE - IAN KNAUER | FOOD & WINE
EASY FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA RECIPE TO SATISFY THE WHOLE FAMILY
FOUR-CHEESE RAVIOLI LASAGNA - SIMPLY HAPPENINGS
FOUR-CHEESE VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FOUR CHEESE SKILLET LASAGNA RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #eggs-dairy #pasta #european #dinner-party #holiday-event #italian #lasagna #cheese #pasta-rice-and-grains #to-go #4-hours-or-less
Gourmet 4-Cheese Lasagna Recipe with Instant Curly Lasagna13K views-02:50
How To Make The BEST Four Cheese Lasagna353 views-10:21
How To Make 4 Cheese Lasagna3.8K views-07:48
Delicious Four Cheese Lasagna Recipe76 views-00:39
ULTIMATE Four Cheese Lasagna Recipe! Annie's Kitchen1.1K views-15:06
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best recipe for lasagna with cream cheese?In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 3 cups mozzarella cheese, and 2 eggs. In a large 9 x 13 inch casserole dish, spread 1 cup reserved pasta sauce over the bottom. Layer 3-4 lasagna noodles across the bottom. Top with 1/3 of the meat sauce, and 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
What is four cheese lasagna?This Four Cheese Lasagna is a whole new beast! It is a cheese lover dreams come true! Layers of tender pasta, creamy sauce and not one, not two, but FOUR different cheeses. And it is much easier (and quicker) to make than my meat lasagna. If this doesn’t curb your cheese cravings, I doubt anything will!
How to cook lasagna with meat sauce and spaghetti?DRAIN meat; return to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and oregano; simmer 5 min. Remove from heat. Spoon 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1 cup cheese mixture and 1 cup meat sauce.
What is the best way to cook lasagna in the oven?This makes a very authentic tasting lasagna, rich, cheesy and very filling. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.