- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Liberally spray an 18-by13-inch sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray and line it with parchment paper. Stack the lined sheet pan inside a second sheet pan, to avoid extra browning when baking.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse together the almond paste, granulated sugar and honey. Pulse until well combined. Open the food processor and scrape the sides and bottom with a metal spoon to check that the almond paste is completely incorporated. Add the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing to combine after each addition.
- Add the eggs one by one, pulsing until each is completely incorporated. After the last addition, scrape down the bowl and then pulse until the batter is completely smooth and slightly fluffy. Pulse in the flour mixture until blended.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared sheet pan. Bake until the cake is golden brown and springs back when gently poked, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- While the cakes are cooling, color the Royal Icing in the colors of your choosing and add each color to a pastry bag fitted with a #2 tip. Pipe tiny flowers on a piece of parchment by making small closed spirals in one color, then add leaves to either side in the other color. Set aside to set up and harden, about 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the sheet pan and cut in half widthwise. Spread the jam on top of one half and top with the second half. Freeze for 10 minutes to set.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the cake into 1-inch squares. Place onto a parchment-covered sheet pan and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- For the coating icing: In the meantime, add the white chocolate chips to a heatproof bowl and set over a pot of simmering water (the bowl should sit above and not touch the water). Heat, stirring, until melted and smooth.
- Sift the confectioners' sugar into a separate large bowl. Stir in the hot water and corn syrup until smooth. Stir in the melted chocolate. If the icing is too thick (it should be pourable), add more hot water 1 teaspoon at a time. Use while warm; you can reheat it in the microwave if necessary as you are working.
- Put the little cakes on a wire rack fitted inside a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Coat the cakes with the icing using a spoon and small offset spatula, or add icing to a pastry bag, snip the corner and use to coat each cake. Top each with a hardened royal icing decoration. Allow the icing to set up before transferring to a serving platter.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fit with a paddle attachment, add the confectioners' sugar and meringue powder and beat to combine. Beat in 4 tablespoons of warm water to combine. Raise the paddle head to check the consistency of the icing; the icing should be thick and smooth but not dripping from the paddle. Add more water until the desired consistency is reached. (You can add slightly more water to achieve a flooding consistency icing to completely cover cookies. Use a stiffer consistency to pipe decorations and details.)
PRETTY PETITS FOURS
Add a delicate touch to your desert table with these bite-size cakes from our Test Kitchen. We decorated the tops with roses to follow our floral theme, but feel free to try your hand at other designs.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 dozen (3 cups frosting).
Number Of Ingredients 20
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gently fold into batter., Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely., Cut a thin slice off each side of cake. Cut cake into 1-1/4-in. squares. Place 1/2 in. apart on a rack in a 15x10x1-in. pan., In a large bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Beat on low speed just until blended; beat on high until smooth. Apply glaze evenly over tops and sides of cake squares, allowing excess to drip off. Let dry. Repeat if necessary to thoroughly coat squares. Let dry completely., For frosting, in a small bowl, cream the butter, shortening and vanilla. Beat in confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Place 1/2 cup each in two bowls; tint one pink and one green., Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert #104 tip. Fill with pink frosting; pipe a rosebud on each petit four. Insert #3 round tip into another pastry or plastic bag; fill with green frosting. Pipe a leaf under each rose.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 114mg sodium, Carbohydrate 53g carbohydrate (46g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper. Cream the almond paste, butter, and sugar on medium speed with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Blend the eggs and add in 2 or 3 additions, fully incorporating and scraping down the bowl after each addition. On low speed, mix in the flour until just blended. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared sheet pan. Bake at 375F until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool completely in the pan. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap while in the pan and chill or freeze until needed, up to 3 weeks.
APPLE FRANGIPANE CAKE
This is a dense, moist, and very flavorful apple frangipane cake that is very almond-forward in a yummy way. The apples complement it nicely and I loved the crunch of the toasted almonds on top.
Provided by Pam Lolley
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round springform pan.
- Beat 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons softened butter, almond paste, and 1 cup sugar at low speed with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, until combined. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until smooth, light, and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in vanilla bean paste; add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat until completely combined after each addition. Gently fold in flour and salt with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared springform pan. Arrange apples slices over top of batter; brush apples with melted butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. Remove sides of pan and cool completely, about 1 hour. Dust top of cake with powdered sugar and sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 374.2 calories, Carbohydrate 41.3 g, Cholesterol 115.6 mg, Fat 21.7 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 5.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 113.1 mg, Sugar 22.9 g
POUND CAKE PETIT FOURS
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper, then set a grid cooling rack inside.
- Cut the top and bottom crusts from the pound cake (to remove any browned edges) using a serrated knife or cake leveler. Cut the cake in half lengthwise into two 1/2-inch-thick slabs. Lay them on a work surface and stamp about ten 2-inch shapes from each slab with a cookie cutter. Arrange on the prepared rack.
- Remove the lids and foils from the tops of each frosting tub and microwave each in 30-second intervals until melted and pourable, about 1 minute total. Stir pink food coloring into one tub until a vibrant color is achieved; add green color to another tub and stir. (You'll leave one tub untinted.)
- Liberally pour the pink frosting over 10 pieces of cake until they are completely coated, turning the pan to see if all sides get coated well. Pour the green over 10 more pieces in the same manner. Drizzle the white frosting over the pink and green cakes using a spoon. Let stand for about 2 minutes, then top ten cakes with whole almonds and ten cakes with the cherries.
- Let stand until set, about 30 minutes, or transfer to the refrigerator to speed the setting, about 15 minutes. Place each petit four inside a cupcake paper and display on a serving tray.
This is a sponge cake that it is perfect for making petits fours. Dense yellow cake that can stand up to the process of being cut into small pieces, and iced individually. Decorate each little cake with a whole nut, some candied fruit, tiny candies, sprinkles or coconut.
Provided by courtney
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and egg yolks using an electric mixer. Add sugar, and beat until thick and pale, about 10 minutes. If you have a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment. Sift the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture, and fold in by hand along with the milk. Stir just until the batter is mixed, then fold in the melted butter until smooth. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. When finished, invert the cake pan onto a sheet of waxed paper, and cool completely. This will give you nice even petits fours.
- Cut the cooled cake into small squares, rectangles or triangles, and arrange the pieces in rows on a wire rack or glazing screen with plenty of space between rows. (See Cook's Notes for flavoring suggestions). Set the rack over a shallow pan or waxed paper to catch the drips.
- Spoon or pour warmed petit four icing over the small cakes. The drippings may be scraped off of the pan or paper, and reheated for use again. Allow the petits fours to set until completely dry. Lift the cakes from the rack with a metal spatula, and trim the bottom edges with a sharp knife. Set into small muffin papers for easy handling. Decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 69.6 calories, Carbohydrate 11.1 g, Cholesterol 26.2 mg, Fat 2.3 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 37.2 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
More about "frangipane cake for petit fours recipes"
PETIT FOURS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
AUTUMN FRANGIPANE CAKE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
10 BEST PETIT FOURS CAKES RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRANGIPANE RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
BERRY FRANGIPANE CAKE - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
CONFECTIONARY DESIGNS: PETIT FOURS - MINI FRANGIPANE CAKES
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
EASY NO-BAKE PETIT FOURS - MOMENTS WITH MANDI
RASPBERRY FRANGIPANE CAKE - THE WASHINGTON POST
CLASSIC PETIT FOUR GLAZE - MY CAKE SCHOOL
SIMPLE WAY TO MAKE ULTIMATE RASPBERRY FRANGIPAN PETIT FOURS
RECIPE OF GORDON RAMSAY RASPBERRY FRANGIPAN PETIT FOURS
PETIT FOURS - PREPPY KITCHEN
EASY PETIT FOURS | MINIATURE ICED GLUTEN FREE ALMOND CAKES
PETIT FOURS - SUGAR SPUN RUN
THE EASIEST PETIT FOURS RECIPE - DELISHABLY
FRANGIPANE CAKE FOR PETIT FOURS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CONFECTIONARY DESIGNS: PETIT FOURS - MINI FRANGIPANE CAKES
PASTEL PETITE FOURS - LAYER CAKE PARADE
CLASSIC PETIT FOURS | KARA'S COUTURE CAKES
RECIPE FOR FRANGIPANE PETIT FOUR WITH RASPBERRY MASCARPONE …
CLASSIC ALMOND PETIT FOURS - WITH VIDEO - BAKING SENSE®
CHOCOLATE PETIT FOURS, PERFECT FOR VALENTINE’S DAY OR AFTERNOON TEA
EASY CHOCOLATE PETIT FOURS (MINI CAKE RECIPE) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
EASY PETITS FOURS: TINY OLD-FASHIONED TEACAKE RECIPES FROM …
QUICK AND EASY NO BAKE POUND CAKE PETIT FOURS - OH MY! SUGAR …
BEST FONDANT GLAZED PETIT FOURS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
HOW TO TURN STORE-BOUGHT POUND CAKE INTO PETITS FOURS - TIPHERO
COOKIES AND PETIT FOURS: PETITS FOURS GLACéS
BEST CLASSIC PETIT FOURS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
10 BEST PETIT FOUR FLAVORS RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE PETIT FOURS~A VIDEO TUTORIAL! - MY CAKE SCHOOL
RECIPE OF QUICK RASPBERRY FRANGIPAN PETIT FOURS
NO BAKE LEMON GLAZED PETIT FOURS - KRAZY KITCHEN MOM
ALMOND CAKE FOR PETITS FOURS OR PETIT FOUR - CRAFTYBAKING
PETITS FOURS - THE SPRUCE EATS
PETITS FOURS WITH POURED FONDANT ICING | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CARAMEL CAKE PETIT FOURS - THE NERDY GOURMET
EASY PETIT FOURS RECIPES - DESSERT TO DIE FOR
FRANGIPANE TART WITH ORANGES (TARTE FRANGIPANE à L'ORANGE) - MON …
FRANGIPANE CAKE FOR PETIT FOURS
CHOCOLATE PETIT FOURS | DESSERTS, CUPCAKE CAKES, MINI DESSERTS
FRANGIPANE CAKE FOR PETIT FOURS - THERESCIPES.INFO
You'll also love