BEER-BRAISED BRATWURST WITH CABBAGE
- Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add bratwurst and cook, turning, until browned on all sides. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened. Add beer, cabbage, and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until cabbage is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve with cornbread.
GREEN CABBAGE BRAISED IN BEER AND SAUSAGE
A German-style recipe from my friends at the Green Bean Delivery Company, who specialize in organic foods delivered to the home. This dish is a great way to satisfy your family, and quick as can be. Recipe & photo: Greenbeandelivery.com
Provided by Ellen Bales
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the foaming subsides, add the sausages and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the mustard and beer and simmer until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Add the cabbage, stir to combine, cover, and simmer until the cabbage is wilted but still bright green, 7 to 9 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve while hot.
SAUSAGES WITH BRAISED CABBAGE & CARAWAY
Caraway seeds add a sweetly aromatic note to the onion cream sauce in this German-inspired sausage and mash dinner
Provided by Jane Hornby
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the sausages and fry them over a medium-high heat for 10 mins, turning as they take on colour. Remove from the pan, then wipe out the pan with kitchen paper.
- Melt the butter in the pan and tip in the onions. Season, cover and cook for 10 mins, stirring a few times during cooking, until the onions are softening and dark golden here and there.
- Sprinkle the caraway seeds into the onions, fry for 2 mins more, then nestle the cabbage wedges into the pan. Pour in the stock, pop on the lid and simmer for 5 mins. Add the sausages to the pan and cook for 10 mins more until the cabbage is tender but still holding some of its green colour, and the sausages are cooked through. Spoon in the crème fraîche and shake the pan a few times to help it mix into the rich onion sauce below. Serve in wide bowls with mashed potatoes and mustard.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507 calories, Fat 38 grams fat, SaturatedFat 16 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 21 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 12 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 18 grams protein, Sodium 2.7 milligram of sodium
CABBAGE AND SAUSAGES BRAISED IN BEER
This is an easy weeknight recipe that we make often. I use fully cooked sausages - either Brats or Kielbasa.
Provided by Sandyg61
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sausages and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beer and mustard and simmer until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, stir to combine, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir again and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes until the cabbage is wilted but still green.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444.6, Fat 36.9, SaturatedFat 14.2, Cholesterol 90, Sodium 1138.7, Carbohydrate 11, Fiber 3, Sugar 5.5, Protein 15.7
BEER BRAISED CABBAGE
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in beer, mustard, and thyme. Lower heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add cabbage and vinegar. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is wilted and tender, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 124.4 calories, Carbohydrate 14.8 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 118.6 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
BRATWURST AND RED CABBAGE
- Prick bratwurst in several places with a knife and place in a large skillet. Add oil and half of beer, then add water until liquid comes a little over halfway up sides of sausages. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, turning once, until just barely cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high; cook until liquid is evaporated, 5-10 minutes. Roll sausages to edge of skillet and add onion to center. Cook, turning sausages often and stirring onion occasionally, until sausages are browned and onion is soft, 5-8 minutes. Transfer sausages to a plate.
- Add cabbage and beet to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until cabbage is wilted, about 5 minutes. Add vinegar, brown sugar, allspice, and remaining beer. Cover; cook until tender, 20-25 minutes. Serve sausages with cabbage mixture, topped with horseradish.
DIANE ANDERSON'S CABBAGE WITH SAUSAGE
- Melt butter in a 6- to 8-quart heavy pot over moderately low heat, then add onion, sugar, and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is golden, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in beer, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pot, then add kielbasa, cabbage, and potatoes and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender, about 1 hour. Transfer kielbasa and vegetables to a large platter, discarding remaining liquid if desired.
BEER-BRAISED SAUSAGES WITH WARM POTATO SALAD
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add sausages and cook until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Add onion and cook until softened, about 7 minutes. Add beer, potatoes, and 2 cups water; season with salt and pepper and press to submerge potatoes in cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer sausages to a serving platter and keep warm. In a large bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, and parsley. With a slotted spoon, transfer potato mixture to dressing (reserve cooking liquid) and toss to combine.
- Return pot to high heat; boil cooking liquid until reduced to 1 cup, about 12 minutes. Return sausages to pot and cook until heated through, 2 minutes. Place sausages and dressed potatoes on serving platter; drizzle half the sauce over top. Serve sausages and potatoes with remaining sauce alongside.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 484 g, Fat 22 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 31 g
People also searched
More about "cabbage and sausages braised in beer recipes"
EASY BEER BRAISED CABBAGE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Calories 74Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
VENISON SAUSAGE BRAISED IN BEER - SAVEUR
See details »
SAUSAGE, LENTIL AND CABBAGE STEW - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
5/5 (1)Category StewServings 4Total Time 1 hr 35 mins
- Put the lentils in a sausepan and cover with cold water (or stock if you prefer). Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Use a food processor fitted with a large blade to shred the cabbage, leek and onion. Alternatively chop by hand.
- Heat a large casserole dish and dry fry the chorizo until it starts releasing some of its spicy oil. Set aside.
BEER BRAISED CABBAGE AND SAUSAGE RECIPE - IAN KNAUER ...
Servings 4Total Time 40 minsCategory Meat & Poultry Recipes, Sausage
- In a large heavy pot, heat the butter over medium high heat until hot, then brown the sausages, turning once, about 5 minutes. Transfer the sausages to a platter.
- Stir in the onion, apple, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, then cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes.
- Place the sausage back in the pot along with the cabbage, beer, Worcestershire, mustard, and caraway and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, then cook, covered, until cabbage is tender, about 20 minutes. Uncover pot and simmer until liquid is almost evaporated, about 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with the dill and serve.
BEER BRAISED CABBAGE WITH BACON AND APPLES RECIPE - THE ...
4.3/5 (10)Total Time 45 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 461 per serving
- Cook the bacon in a large pot over medium heat until the fat has rendered and the bacon is crisp, about 3-5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a plate, reserving the fat in the pot.
- Add the butter to the same pot, along with the cabbage, onion, and apple. Saute 2-3 minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the beer, vinegar, caraway seeds, salt, pepper, and sugar to the pot. Stir well, then use a utensil to submerge the cabbage mixture under the beer. Turn the heat up to medium-high and simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, until the cabbage is tender (20-30 minutes). Return the bacon to the pot, toss well, and serve warm.
BRAISED CABBAGE & SAUSAGE | CHELSEA JOY EATS
Cuisine GermanCategory EntreeServings 4Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Increase heat to medium-high and add sausages, browning for 3-4 minutes on each side. Add caraway seeds, cooking for an additional 2 minutes. Pour in red wine vinegar and cook for about 2 minutes, until reduced by half.
BRAISED CABBAGE WITH POTATOES AND SMOKED SAUSAGES ...
4.8/5 (17)Total Time 1 hrCategory Side Dish
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook the bacon until crisp, then remove from the pan using a slotted spoon. Reserve 4 Tbsp drippings in pan.
- Add oil and sliced smoked sausages to the pan drippings. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes until the sausage slices are beginning to brown.
- Add chopped green onions, minced garlic, pepper flakes, seasoned salt and fennel seed. Cook for around 1-2 minutes just until fragrant.
- Top with potatoes and cabbage. Pour chicken stock and cider vinegar over cabbage. Season with black pepper to your taste.
BRAISED RED CABBAGE WITH SAUSAGE AND APPLES RECIPE
5/5 (14)Servings 3
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage and onion to pan; cook 4 minutes or until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble. Add cabbage and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf.
BEER-BRAISED PORK AND CABBAGE | RICARDO
4/5 (15)Total Time 2 hrs 5 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 399 per serving See details »
BEER BRAISED CABBAGE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 4Total Time 35 mins See details »
BEER-BRAISED CABBAGE WITH BACON RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
Category Vegetables See details »
CABBAGE AND SAUSAGES BRAISED IN BEER- TFRECIPES
See details »
CABBAGE BRAISED IN BEER - TFRECIPES.COM
See details »
HOW TO COOK DELICIOUS BEER BRATS AND CABBAGE - WEB NETLIFYE
See details »
BEER BRAISED CABBAGE | OLVERINDULGENCE
See details »
BEER BRAISED SAUSAGES WITH MUSTARD SAUCE - JOANNE WEIR
See details »
GREEN CABBAGE BRAISED IN BEER AND SAUSAGE | RECIPE | GREEN ...
See details »
You'll also love