FRENCH ONION POTATOES
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place a layer of sliced onions on the bottom of the baking dish. Add a sprinkle of French onion soup mix and a layer of bacon pieces, followed by layers of potato slices, shredded cheese, and cream. Continue adding layers of the remaining ingredients, ending with a layer of shredded cheese on the top.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes and onions are tender, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until nicely browned and bubbly, about 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 452.2 calories, Carbohydrate 29.2 g, Cholesterol 99.1 mg, Fat 30.2 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, Sodium 788.3 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
INSTANT POT FRENCH ONION BAKED POTATO SOUP
- Place potatoes, broth, and 1 tablespoon salt into Instant Pot. Close lid, set pressure to high, and cook 20 minutes. Allow Instant Pot to remain on warm setting.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter until melted. Add onions, season generously with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until deeply golden and caramelized, about 25 minutes. If necessary, add 1-2 tablespoons water to skillet to prevent burning, scraping bottom of pan to incorporate caramelization. Adjust heat as necessary to prevent burning.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- If necessary, release pressure manually on Instant Pot. Using an immersion blender, blend potatoes and broth until nearly smooth. Add milk, cream, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Blend to combine. Fold in half of cheese, half of caramelized onions, and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If soup is too thick, thin to desired consistency with additional milk.
- Serve, garnished with reserved cheese, reserved onions, chives, sour cream, and bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438.7, Fat 27, SaturatedFat 13.1, Cholesterol 59.4, Sodium 470.7, Carbohydrate 37.1, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 3.2, Protein 13.8
FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH PROVOLONE
I adapted a basic recipe to copy the onion soup served at my favorite restaurant. No matter what my entree, I always ordered the soup. Now I can make it at home. It's a meal in itself or an impressive beginning to a full-course meal. -Barbara Brunner, Steelton, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, saute onions and sugar in 3 tablespoons butter until golden brown. Stir in the flour, pepper and nutmeg until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. , Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt remaining butter; add bread. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Ladle soup into 2 ovenproof bowls. Place a slice of cheese in each bowl; top with bread and remaining cheese. Bake at 375° until the cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 633 calories, Fat 47g fat (30g saturated fat), Cholesterol 131mg cholesterol, Sodium 1472mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
More about "french onion baked potato soup recipes"
FRENCH ONION POTATO BAKE - STAY AT HOME MUM
3.9/5 (44)Category MainServings 6Total Time 50 mins See details »
FRENCH ONION BAKED STUFFED POTATOES | RACHAEL RAY SHOW
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
FRENCH ONION OVEN POTATOES - DIARY OF A RECIPE COLLECTOR
5/5 (1)Category Side DishServings 1Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
FRENCH ONION BAKED POTATOES - HOW TO MAKE FRENCH ONION ...
Cuisine AmericanServings 8Occupation Senior Food EditorTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins See details »
CREAMY POTATO BAKE WITH FRENCH ONION SOUP (VIDEO) - PETER ...
4.8/5 (5)Category Dinner, Side Dish, Sides
- In a bowl, mix together the whipping cream and the packet of French Onion Soup mix until combined. Pour over the potatoes and cover with foil.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Remove foil, add the cheese and bake for ten minutes until golden brown. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
FRENCH ONION SOUP BAKED POTATO - SWEET RECIPEAS
4.5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
FRENCH ONION POTATO SOUP RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY SHOW
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
FRENCH ONION SOUP BAKED POTATOES - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
See details »
FRENCH ONION POTATO SOUP. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
4.1/5 (64)Total Time 1 hrCategory SoupCalories 605 per serving See details »
FRENCH ONION SOUP LOADED BAKED POTATOES - SMELLS LIKE HOME
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main DishesServings 4Total Time 1 hr 25 mins
- To make the breadcrumb topping: Pulse the bread to the bowl of a food processor until large crumbs form. Heat the butter in a small skillet over medium heat and add the fresh bread crumbs, thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir the crumbs up to coat them in the butter. Cook, stirring, until the bread is toasted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- To assemble: Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and slice each one open on the top lengthwise with a long cut and horizontally with a short cut. Push the ends together to open up the potatoes. Scoop out a few tablespoons of each potato into a bowl. Use the extra potato to make a small portion of loaded mashed potatoes with some of the filling ingredients or gnocchi.
- Add a pat of butter and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to the inside of each potato. Divide the caramelized onions between the potatoes (about 2 tablespoons for each) and then sprinkle on the bread crumbs. Top with the shredded cheese. Slip the baking sheet under the broiler for just a couple of minutes, until the cheese is melted and browned. Sprinkle with some parsley or extra fresh thyme. Serve while the potatoes are still hot and melty.
THE VERY BEST BAKED FRENCH ONION SOUP - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory Appetizer, Dinner, Lunch, SoupCalories 541 per serving
- Brush both sides of the baguette slices with olive oil and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then turn over. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- In a large dutch oven or heavy bottomed stock pot, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat until melted and starting to bubble. Add the onions to the pot and cook until softened stirring occasionally. Add the salt, pepper and sugar stirring to combine and continue cooking until the onions are a deep caramel color, approximately 45-50 minutes. Stir in the thyme and red wine. Continue cooking until the red wine has evaporated and then add the beef stock and bay leaves. Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn the heat to low. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into four oven-safe crocks or bowls. Top each bowl with one slice of baguette and 1/2 cup of cheese. Broil the soup under the broiler on low until the cheese is melted and golden. Serve immediately.
HASSELBACK FRENCH ONION SOUP BAKED POTATOES
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 3Total Time 55 mins
- Use a sharp knife to cut potatoes into thin slices 3/4 of the way down the potatoes into a hasselback shape. Place potatoes in baking pan and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast potatoes at 400F 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Remove from oven and keep warm.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions to pan and saute, stirring occasionally until onions are a deep brown caramelized color, about 15-20 minutes. Add garlic, red wine, beef broth, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook onions 3-4 minutes until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Remove onions from heat and use a spoon to fill the insides of the hasselback potatoes with caramelized onions. Sprinkle swiss cheese over top.
FRENCH ONION TWICE BAKED POTATO - I AM HOMESTEADER
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory Dinner, Main Course, Side DishCalories 469 per serving See details »
BEST FRENCH ONION POTATO SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE FRENCH ...
5/5 (1)Category SoupServings 6Total Time 1 hr
- Add the onion, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is very soft and a light golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf, garlic and wine to the pot and cook until the wine is almost completely evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the potatoes, chicken broth, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper and bring to a boil.
FRENCH ONION STUFFED POTATOES | 12 TOMATOES
4.4/5 (25)Category SideServings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onions and season with salt and pepper and thyme. Cook slowly until very soft and caramel colored, stirring occasionally.
- Deglaze pan with sherry or wine, then add stock and bring to a low boil. Let cook until liquid is nearly gone, 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the top third off of each potato and scoop the flesh into a medium bowl. Add half of the onion mixture to the potato flesh and stir to combine.
ONION SOUP ROASTED POTATOES - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
5/5 (1)Category Side DishCuisine American, SouthernTotal Time 55 mins
- Wash and cut unpeeled potatoes into chunks. I make 2 bowls and toss potatoes in olive oil and then in onion soup mix that is whisked together with black pepper and garlic powder.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread potatoes on sheet and bake in preheated 425 degree oven for about 40 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked. Turn potatoes with spatula after 20 minutes.
FRENCH ONION SOUP STUFFED POTATOES - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
4/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Gluten-FreeTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Rub potatoes with oil and pierce with a fork on the top of each potato six times. Place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 200 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet set over medium low heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter has melted add the onion. Sprinkle with salt and sugar. Cook until caramelized, about 30 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Add the pepper and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant. Pour in beef stock and thyme. Turn to medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut down the center with a knife. Press the ends together to pop the potato open (just be gentle). Divide the remaining butter into 4 pieces. Place into the center of each potato. Carefully ladle the soup into each potato, dividing evenly between the two. Go back and forth to allow as much liquid to be absorbed as possible.
ROASTED FRENCH ONION POTATOES – 3 POINTS | LAALOOSH
Servings 4Calories 137 per servingEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly spray with non-fat cooking spray.
- Pour onto baking sheet, and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Place in oven and cook for about 30 minutes, or until potatoes are browned well and soft.
15+ FRENCH ONION RECIPES | MYRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
FRENCH ONION POTATO BAKE | CONTINENTAL AU
Servings 6Calories 1228 per serving See details »
FRENCH ONION TWICE-BAKED POTATOES | HUNGRY ENOUGH TO EAT SIX
Reviews 6Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
BAKED FRENCH ONION SOUP - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
4.5/5 (3) See details »
BEST FRENCH ONION SOUP RECIPE: A CHEF SHARES HER FAVORITE ...
See details »
TASTE TESTED: OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE POTATO SOUP RECIPE - FOOD ...
See details »
ONION SOUP BAKED FRENCH FRIES | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY ...
See details »
You'll also love