We like salsa with chips as an afternoon snack. This fresh salsa recipe uses a lot of ripe tomatoes and keeps well for several days in the refrigerator. -Myra Innes, Auburn, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Let stand for about 1 hour. Serve at room temperature. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 22 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 2mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Spice up your meal with fresh salsa made using Old El Paso® chopped green chiles ready in just two steps.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix all ingredients in glass or plastic bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, but no longer than 1 week, to blend flavors.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 10, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 85 mg
For high-heat salsa, make Alton Brown's spicy recipe from Good Eats on Food Network, featuring jalapenos and ancho chiles.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 4 to 6 sersvings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Place in refrigerator for up to 12 hours for flavor infusion.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
FRESH TOMATO SALSA
- Chop tomatoes into 1/4-inch pieces; transfer to a medium bowl. Add onion, chile, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice; season generously with salt. Mix to combine. Let stand 15 minutes to develop flavor. Salsa can be kept at room temperature up to 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
THE BEST FRESH TOMATO SALSA
- Stir the tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 5 calories, Carbohydrate 1.1 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 25.1 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
I love salsa. I always make it. I made this one and brought it to work. Everyone raved. It is the best salsa I have ever had. The jicama really makes a difference.
Provided by bbmchicago
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix together the tomato, jalapeno pepper, red onion, green onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, cumin, jicama, and the diced tomatoes with chilies in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to sit at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 9.1 calories, Carbohydrate 2.1 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 0.3 g, Sodium 16.9 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
More about "fresh salsa recipes"
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #low-protein #sauces #appetizers #condiments-etc #vegetables #mexican #easy #no-cook #dips #salsas #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions