FRIED GREEN BEANS
- Heat the olive oil, butter and lemon juice in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green beans, lemon zest, garlic salt and pepper. Cook and stir for about 10 minutes, or until beans are tender, but still a little crunchy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 106.1 calories, Carbohydrate 4.8 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 9.7 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 106.3 mg, Sugar 1 g
SEARED TOFU WITH WITH GREEN BEANS AND ASIAN COCONUT SAUCE
- Halve tofu lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices and pat dry well. Put 1 tablespoon soy sauce in a wide shallow dish, then add tofu, turning to coat, and let stand 10 minutes. Pat tofu dry.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking, then add tofu in 1 layer and cook, turning over once, until tofu is browned, about 6 minutes total. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large plate, reserving oil in skillet.
- Add garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes to skillet and sauté, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beans, bell pepper, and salt and sauté, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in coconut milk and remaining tablespoon soy sauce and bring to a boil, then boil, uncovered, until beans are tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer vegetables using a slotted spoon to plate with tofu.
- Simmer sauce until thickened slightly and reduced to about 3/4 cup, about 2 minutes. Stir in lime juice and pour sauce over vegetables and tofu. Sprinkle with cashews.
STIR-FRIED GREEN BEANS WITH COCONUT
Everyone I cook for most often seems to love coconut; I've realized finally that it's a very easy way to keep them all happy. What I like about this particular dish is that the coconut adds flavor without excessive richness. Serve this as a side dish to a more formal meal or with lentils and rice for a simple dinner at home.
Provided by Suvir Saran
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine the oil, yellow split peas, and mustard seeds, if using, in a large wok, kadai, or frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until the split peas turn golden brown. 1 to 2 minutes. (Cover if using mustard seeds-they pop and splatter-and cook until you hear them crackle.)
- Add the urad dal, chiles, curry leaves, if using, and cumin and cook uncovered, stirring, 1 more minute. (Stand back if using curry leaves; they spit when they hit the oil.)
- Add the asafoetida, if using, and 1/4 cup of the coconut and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add the beans and salt and cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup coconut, the saambhar or rasam powder, if using, and the water. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until the beans are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring often, until all of the water has evaporated, about 5 more minutes. Taste for salt and serve hot.
STIR-FRIED GREEN BEANS WITH COCONUT
- In a large wok or frying pan, combine oil, yellow split peas, and mustard seeds, if using, over medium high heat. Cover, if using mustard seeds, as they will pop, until you hear them crackle. Cook, stirring, until split peas are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add gram beans and chiles. Carefully add curry leaves, if using, as they will splatter. Add cumin and cook, uncovered, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add asafetida, if using, and 1/4 cup coconut. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add green beans and 1 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup coconut, the saambhar or rasam powder, if using, and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until beans are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring frequently, until all of the water has evaporated, about 5 minutes more; season with salt. Serve immediately.
FRIED GREEN BEANS - THE NEELYS
This recipe is from DOWN HOME WITH THE NEELYS. I had to try this recipe. I served it to some co-workers who thought I was crazy for frying string beans. It very good and crunchy.
Provided by mightyro_cooking4u
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk the beer,flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Dip green beans into batter to coat, letting excess drip off. Fry in the peanut oil in batches, until they are golden and crisp. Remove from oil with a spider strainer to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- NOTE: I like to dip with homemade wasabi mayo.
More about "fried green beans with coconut recipes"
VEGAN GREEN BEANS AND COCONUT STIR-FRY. | ISLAND SMILE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- HOW TO MAKE THE COCONUT AND GREEN BEAN STIR-FRY.Place a frying pan over low-medium heat and pour in the oil.
STIR FRY GREEN BEANS WITH COCONUT (BEANS PORIYAL) - URBAN ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 86 per serving
- Start by trimming the ends of a pound of green beans, and chop them into small, 1-2" pieces. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, add the green beans and cook for ~5 minutes to soften them. They'll still have a bit of a bite, but that's good! You don't want them mushy.
- Add a tablespoon each of urad dal and chana dal, 2-3 red chilis, and a teaspoon of salt to a spice grinder and dry grind into a fine powder. Note: If you don't have these lentils on hand, you can substitute by using just one of them, by using toor dal or masoor dal (red lentils) to replace both of them, or by simply using crushed peanuts instead.
- Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to a large skillet followed by a teaspoon of mustard seeds and a tablespoon of urad dal. Note: If you don't have urad dal, replace with toor dal or masoor dal or crushed peanuts.
- Drain the green beans and add to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then, add the dry spice mixture and give it a good mix. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Taste and adjust salt.
GREEN BEANS WITH PEANUTS,COCONUT AND GARLIC RECIPE | THE ...
Cuisine IndianCategory Side DishServings 5Total Time 30 mins
- Trim the ends of beans.In a big pot bring lightly salted water to a boil. Drop in the beans. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes (make sure you don't cook the vegetable fully. it should be just tender yet crisp).
- Once done remove the beans with the help of a slotted spoon and place in a colander. Place the colander under running cold tap water to stop further cooking. Alternately you can put the beans in pot filled with ice-cold water.
- Roughly chop garlic pods. In a coffee or spice blender add roasted peanuts,chopped garlic and chili powder. Grind to a coarse powder.(The powder might appear little oily not like a dry powder. That's fine).
- In a wok add oil. Once hot add grated fresh coconut. Roast till its aromatic and light golden in colour. Add peanut garlic chili powder. Mix well and roast everything on low fame 5 -6 minutes,scraping the bottom in between.
BEANS PORIYAL RECIPE | SOUTH INDIAN BEANS FRY - SWASTHI'S ...
Ratings 30Calories 96 per servingCategory Main
- It is important to chop the beans to at least ½ inch pieces. If you chop them too small, they will become mushy.
GREEN BEAN STIR-FRY WITH SHREDDED COCONUT - RECIPE ...
5/5 (4)Category Side DishesCuisine IndianCalories 190 per serving
10 BEST PAN FRIED GREEN BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST THAI GREEN BEANS COCONUT MILK RECIPES | YUMMLY
PORIYAL: SOUTH INDIAN COCONUT STIR FRY - FOODESS.COM
Cuisine IndianCategory Side DishServings 4Total Time 20 mins
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When shimmering hot, add urad dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves and chile pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant and dal turns a shade darker, about a minute.
- Add green beans and salt; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in coconut.
GREEN BEANS STIR FRY WITH COCONUT│BEANS PORIYAL – VEGE ...
Cuisine IndianCategory Main Course, Side DishServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Rinse green beans thoroughly with water and cut the edges from both sides. Chop the beans into ¼ inch long pieces. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add red dry chillies and mustard seeds. After mustard seeds start crackling, add urad dal and asafoetida. Sauté for few seconds or until urad dal starts getting golden brown.
- Then add washed, drained and chopped beans, mix well. Add salt to taste and 2tbsp water. Mix and cover the pan with lid and keep the flame on low to medium. Let it cook until beans are soft, tender and cooked thoroughly. Make sure to stir in between. Cooking time will be anywhere between 15-20 minutes, depending on the type of beans.
- Once beans are cooked, add chilli powder and sambar powder. Mix well and add grated coconut. Mix and let it cook for a minute. Adjust salt, if needed. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with Roti.
CARAMELIZED COCONUT GREEN BEANS RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
Servings 6Total Time 20 minsCategory Green Bean
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans; cook until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain beans and rinse under cold water until chilled; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Melt coconut oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add coconut slices, and cook until browned on one side, about 4 minutes. Stir to loosen coconut; add garlic, mustard seeds, and peppercorns. Cook, stirring often, until mustard seeds pop, about 30 seconds. Stir in onion and chiles. Cook, stirring often, until onion and coconut are golden around edges, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add green beans to skillet, and fold to coat. Cook until green beans are heated through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a platter, and top with coriander seeds and flaky sea salt.
CRISPY GLUTEN-FREE GREEN BEAN FRIES - LOW CARB YUM
4.2/5 (12)Calories 145 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two baking pans (about 15.5x10.5-inches each) with aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil.
LOW CARB FRIED GREEN BEANS | CARB MANAGER
- Prepare your green beans by washing them and patting them dry. Remove any stems still attached. Not pictured - you may want to cut or break any longer beans in half to about 3-4 inches long.
- In one bowl, crack and whisk an egg. In another shallow bowl or flat container, combine the almond flour, parmesan, pepper, and onion powder.
- One by one, dip the green beans into the egg mixture and then the dry mixture. Arrange the covered green beans on some type of tray. Freeze the tray of green beans for 1-2 hours.
- When the green beans are fully frozen, heat a skillet on high heat. A cast iron skillet will be best for this, but any non stick skillet suitable for frying will do. *Melt up to 1 ½ cups of coconut oil in the hot skillet; you need about a ½-inch at least of oil. Then, drop in about 10 green beans at a time.
COCONUT TOFU STIR-FRY RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.4/5 (41)Servings 2-4
INDIAN GREEN BEAN AND COCONUT STIR-FRY RECIPE - VIET WORLD ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
EASY FRIED GREEN BEANS RECIPE - MAMASHIRE
Reviews 1Category SidesServings 8Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
FRIED GREEN BEANS WITH COCONUT RECIPE
Servings 4Calories 168 per servingTotal Time 35 mins
FRIED GREEN BEANS — CANDIDLY DELICIOUS | FAMILY-TESTED RECIPES
Servings 6Calories 95 per servingCategory Appetizer, Side Dish
FRIED GREEN BEANS WITH COCONUT RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
FRIED GREEN BEANS RECIPE, DEEP FRIED GREEN BEANS RECIPE
SEASONING FOR GREEN BEANS RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
GREEN BEANS WITH COCONUT SAUCE – ROSE REISMAN
VEGAN GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE WITH COCONUT MILK (GLUTEN FREE ...
CASHEW GREEN BEANS | FRIED GREEN BEANS RECIPE | NOW FOODS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #low-protein #side-dishes #fruit #vegetables #indian #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #coconut #green-yellow-beans
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook green beans?Light and crunchy, pan-fried green beans with lemon, garlic salt and pepper. Fresh and fast! Heat the olive oil, butter and lemon juice in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green beans, lemon zest, garlic salt and pepper. Cook and stir for about 10 minutes, or until beans are tender, but still a little crunchy.
Can you make fried green beans in an air fryer?Yes, you can make fried green beans in the air fryer! Just set the air fryer to 400°F. Then, cook the green beans for about 5 minutes, flip them over and cook for another 3 minutes. These tasty green bean fries are definitely something that I will make again. It’s such a simple recipe that works well for a busy weekday dinner after work!
How to cook tofu with green beans and garlic?Set green beans, garlic, ginger, and basil aside. Heat 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Unwrap reserved tofu and arrange in pan in a single layer. Cook, undisturbed, until golden brown underneath, about 4 minutes. Turn over and cook until other sides are golden brown, about 4 minutes.
What are French beans stir fry?A simple South Indian style french beans stir fry recipe that goes well in a Indian meal. French beans also known as green beans or string beans is one of the veggies that can be used to make pulao, biryani, fried rice, mixed veg curry, stir fry recipes etc.