FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS
I made these for my daughter, and I'll never buy store bought cheese sticks again because these are so quick and delicious. This recipe came straight from The Joy of Cooking. I'm thinking about getting a Fry Daddy...
Provided by Bay Laurel
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cut the cheese into 8 3 1/2/x 1/2x1/2" sticks.
- Put flour into shallow dish and dredge the mozzarella sticks lightly in flour, shaking off the excess.
- One by one, dip in the beaten egg, coating completely, and then roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Put the sticks on a plate and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Heat a deep fryer or heavy pot to 365 in 3 inches of oil.
- Fry the mozzarella sticks in 2 batches until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with hot marinara sauce.
DEEP FRIED MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS
I have been playing around with this recipe since I was a teen. I love to make these for friends and they say they are better than the restaurant version. Stacey
Provided by Stacey Sweet
Yield 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix together the eggs and water, set aside.
- combine the Italian bread crumbs, garlic powder, dried oregano and dried parsley.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- in a separate container, mix flour and cornstarch.
- cut mozzarella cheese into any desired shape, rectangle strips are traditional.
- One at a time, dip mozarella slices into the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs, then the flour.
- fry sticks at 375 F until golden brown and serve with desired dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 686, Fat 31.8, SaturatedFat 16.7, Cholesterol 248.7, Sodium 1630, Carbohydrate 59.6, Fiber 3, Sugar 4.2, Protein 38.5
FRIED MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS
- Cut mozzarella cheese into sticks (approximately 3*1/2*1/2-inches).
- Place flour in one bowl, the egg in another bowl and the bread crumbs and oregano in another bowl.
- Dredge each piece of cheese into flour to coat.
- Dip floured cheese stick into egg, then dredge in bread crumb mixture.
- Place on a plate in a single layer.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil or shortening, 1/2-inch deep to 350°F.
- Fry mozzarella sticks a few pieces at a time until browned on all sides (about 3 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges or marinara sauce for dipping.
- ~NOTE~ Preparation time includes 1 hour refrigeration time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 409, Fat 15.6, SaturatedFat 8.2, Cholesterol 91.4, Sodium 717.5, Carbohydrate 44.7, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 2.4, Protein 21
FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS WITH CREAMY MARINARA
- Pour enough oil into a large Dutch oven or pot to come about 1 1/2 inches up the sides and fit the pot with a deep-fry thermometer. Bring the oil to 375 degrees F over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, mix the marinara, creme fraiche and red pepper flakes in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute until warm. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- Place a wire rack inside of a baking sheet. Set up a standard breading station with 3 wide, deep plates (or pie plates). Place the flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt in one plate. Mix the panko, plain breadcrumbs, Parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt and a generous amount of black pepper into the second plate. Whisk the eggs into the third plate.
- Take each mozzarella stick through the breading procedure: first in the flour, then the egg and then the panko mixture, then repeat in the egg and panko mixture again for a double breading. Transfer to the wire rack.
- Working in batches, carefully drop 4 to 5 sticks into the oil and fry without touching until they are a deep golden brown and you can see some cheese starting to melt, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon or spider to a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Serve immediately with the sauce on the side.
FRIED MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs and water.
- Mix the bread crumbs and garlic salt in a medium bowl. In a medium bowl, blend the flour and cornstarch.
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat the oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- One at a time, coat each mozzarella stick in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs and finally into the oil. Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400.2 calories, Carbohydrate 29.5 g, Cholesterol 82.8 mg, Fat 22.5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 19.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 805.5 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
- Stir the bread crumbs, 1 cup of Parmesan and 1 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl to blend. Dip the cheese in the eggs to coat completely and allow the excess egg to drip back into the bowl. Coat the cheese in the bread crumb mixture, patting to adhere and coat completely. Place the cheese sticks on a baking sheet. Repeat dipping the cheese sticks in the egg and bread crumb mixture to coat a second time. Cover and freeze until frozen, about 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, fry the cheese until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Transfer the fried cheese to plates. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve with the Marinara Sauce.
- In a large casserole pot, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the celery, carrots, and 1/2 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Saute until all the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bay leaves, and simmer uncovered over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1 hour. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Season the sauce with more salt and pepper, to taste. (The sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat before using.)
FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS
- Cut the mozzarella into approximately 2-1/2-by-1/2-inch sticks (you should have about 16 sticks, depending on the shape of your mozzarella).
- Put the flour in a small bowl. Beat the milk with the eggs in another bowl. Stir together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a third wide, shallow bowl.
- Working one at a time, coat a mozzarella stick in flour and shake off the excess. Dip the stick in egg, letting the excess drip off, then add it to the breadcrumbs and roll it to coat. Dip the stick in the egg one more time, again letting the excess drip off, and roll it in a final coat of breadcrumbs. You can pat the mozzarella stick gently between your hands to smooth out the coating. Transfer the coated mozzarella stick to a platter. Repeat with the remaining mozzarella sticks. Refrigerate the mozzarella sticks until cold, about 15 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it reaches 350 degrees F. Have a large brown paper bag ready for the fried sticks (they will stick to paper towels). Add half of the mozzarella sticks and fry, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 1 minute total. Transfer to the paper bag to drain. Return the oil to 350 degrees F (this is important, as the cheese will seep out if it is not hot enough) and fry the remaining mozzarella sticks.
- Serve hot with Homemade Pizza Sauce on the side.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oregano, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, with the saucepan loosely covered in foil to avoid splattering and stirring occasionally, until fairly thick, 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your tomatoes. Remove the basil.
HOME-FRIED CHEESE STICKS
These is an easy, cost-efficient way to make home-made fried cheese sticks. Taste just wonderful, light crispiness. More for your dollar and easily stored in the freezer for when you have a craving. I make 2 batches, one for the 'now' and one for later. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Provided by Melissa Goff
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Remove string cheese sticks from plastic wrappings and cut the strings in half crosswise.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place eggs in a bowl and bread crumbs into a large shallow bowl.
- Dip cheese stick halves into egg and roll in bread crumbs to completely coat the sticks; place breaded cheese sticks onto the prepared baking sheet. Allow cheese sticks to stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes to set, and repeat dipping in egg and bread crumbs to form a thick coating. Freeze breaded cheese sticks for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Deep fry cheese sticks, a few at a time, until the coating is golden brown and crisp and the cheese is soft, 5 to 8 minutes. Let sticks drain on paper towels; cool slightly and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.6 calories, Carbohydrate 21.2 g, Cholesterol 118 mg, Fat 23.1 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 20.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 945.2 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
FRIED MOZZARELLA CHEESE APPETIZERS
A crisp coating holds marvelous melted cheese, which tastes terrific when dipped into a homemade tomato sauce.-Jay Davis, Knoxville, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen appetizers (2-1/2 cups sauce).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut cheese into twenty-four 1/4-in. slices. Place the eggs, flour and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip cheese slices in eggs, then coat with flour. Dip cheese again in eggs and coat with crumbs. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate for at least 1 hour., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon oil for 1 minute; add the tomatoes, oregano, sugar, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until slightly thickened., In a large skillet, cook cheese slices in remaining oil over medium heat for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 28mg cholesterol, Sodium 257mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 7g protein.
I'm particularly fond of these tasty mozzarella sticks because they're baked, not fried. Cheese is one of my family's favorite foods. Being of Italian descent, I cook often with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses. -Mary Merchant, Barre, Vermont
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat eggs and water. In a third shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Coat cheese sticks with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture. Repeat egg and bread crumb coatings. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight. , Place on a parchment lined baking sheet; spray with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Allow to stand for 3-5 minutes before serving. Serve with marinara or spaghetti sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312 calories, Fat 17g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 116mg cholesterol, Sodium 749mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
AIR-FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS
These ooey, gooey mozzarella sticks are sure to impress. The best part: because they are air fried, they're better for you than their fried cousin! Season with garlic salt and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Provided by Chef Wheeler del Torro
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place water, flour, cornstarch, cornmeal, garlic powder, and salt in a wide, shallow bowl; mix into a batter the consistency of pancake batter. Adjust ingredients if needed to get the right consistency.
- Stir panko, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and basil together in another wide, shallow bowl.
- Lightly coat each mozzarella stick with flour. Dip each stick in the batter and toss in the panko mixture until fully coated. Place sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Heat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) according to manufacturer's instructions. Place a row of mozzarella sticks in the fryer basket. Spray with a light coat of cooking spray. Cook sticks for 6 minutes. Open fryer and flip the sticks with tongs. Continue cooking until golden brown, 7 to 9 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246 calories, Carbohydrate 39.2 g, Cholesterol 22.7 mg, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 12.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 935.6 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
GIADA DE LAURENTIIS MOZZARELLA STICKS
I love fried mozzarella sticks. I saw this on Everyday Italian starring Giada De Laurentiis. It looked yummy! Let me know what you think.
Provided by Iron Woman
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Stir the bread crumbs, 1 cup of Parmesan and 1 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl to blend.
- Dip the cheese in the eggs to coat completely and allow the excess egg to drip back into the bowl.
- Coat the cheese in the bread crumb mixture, patting to adhere and coat completely. Place the cheese sticks on a baking sheet.
- Repeat dipping the cheese sticks in the egg and bread crumb mixture to coat a second time.
- Cover and freeze until frozen, about 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Working in batches, fry the cheese until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer the fried cheese to plates. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve with the Marinara Sauce.
- Marinara Sauce:.
- In a large casserole pot, heat the oil over a medium-high flame.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the celery, carrots, and 1/2 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Sauté until all the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and bay leaves, and simmer uncovered over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1 hour.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Season the sauce with more salt and pepper, to taste. (The sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat before using).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1558.1, Fat 121, SaturatedFat 35.6, Cholesterol 280.3, Sodium 3125.2, Carbohydrate 74, Fiber 15.6, Sugar 17, Protein 56
HEALTHY MOZZARELLA STICKS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Beat egg in a small bowl. Place flour in a separate small bowl. Toss bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together in a another separate bowl.
- Gently press each cheese stick into flour to coat and shake off excess flour. Dip into egg, then press into bread crumb mixture. Place the breaded cheese sticks onto a baking sheet while breading the rest; do not stack. Coat each cheese stick with olive oil; cover baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crisp, about 4 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 58.1 calories, Carbohydrate 1.8 g, Cholesterol 18.2 mg, Fat 4 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 141 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
More about "fried mozzarella cheese sticks recipes"
FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS - FOODIE WITH FAMILY
MOZZARELLA CHEESE TURNING PINK - THERESCIPES.INFO
FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS | APPETIZER | PARTY FOOD
DEEP SOUTH DISH: FRIED MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS
MOZZARELLA STICKS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
OLIVE GARDEN FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS - COPYKAT RECIPES
KETO FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS | KETODIET BLOG
FRIED MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS - CHEESE - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
10 BEST MOZZARELLA STICKS WITH SHREDDED CHEESE RECIPES
DEEP FRIED STRING CHEESE MOZZARELLA STICKS RECIPE
OVEN FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS - SWEET AND SIMPLE LIVING
AIR FRYER MOZZARELLA STICKS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER …
FRIED MOZARELLA CHEESE STICKS RECIPE - RADA CUTLERY
MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS - GUSS COOKS
FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS - THE PIONEER WOMAN
FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS | RICARDO
HOMEMADE FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS RECIPE - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
FRIED MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS - FEAST AND FARM
FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS : 7 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - INSTRUCTABLES
HOMEMADE FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS - YUMMLY RECIPES
FRIED MOZZARELLA CHEESE APPETIZER (CRAZY DELICIOUS) | CRAFT BEERING
BEST FRIED CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FRIED MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICK BITES - DIVAS CAN COOK
BAKED MOZZARELLA STICKS - THE NIGHT OWL CHEF
FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS - A FAMILY FEAST®
FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
EASY FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS | SIMPLY DELICIOUS | ALL SHE COOKS
DEEP FRIED CHEESE STICK RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
FRIED MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS RECIPE
FRIED MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
EGGLESS FRIED CHEESE BITES - VIDHYA’S VEGETARIAN KITCHEN
HOMEMADE MOZZARELLA STICKS - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
ARTICHOKE SALAD WITH FRIED MOZZARELLA - KITCHEN CONFIDANTE®
TGI FRIDAY'S FRIED MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS - COPYKAT RECIPES
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #appetizers #eggs-dairy #european #dinner-party #italian #cheese #dietary #high-calcium #comfort-food #high-protein #high-in-something #taste-mood #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love