SUMMER GARDEN PASTA
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, basil leaves, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside at room temperature for about 4 hours.
- Just before you're ready to serve, bring a large pot of water with a splash of olive oil and 2 tablespoons salt to a boil and add the pasta. Cook al dente according to the directions on the package (be careful - it only takes 2 to 3 minutes!). Drain the pasta well and add to the bowl with the cherry tomatoes. Add the cheese and some extra fresh basil leaves and toss well. Serve in big bowls with extra cheese on each serving.
GARDEN VEGETABLE & PASTA TOSS
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Add summer squash and zucchini during last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain. Return to pan.
- Stir in Light Butter with Canola Oil, fresh dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Add tomatoes; toss lightly to coat. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160 calories, Fat 4.5 grams, SaturatedFat grams, Transfat grams, Cholesterol 5 milligrams, Sodium 170 milligrams, Carbohydrate 27 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Sugar grams, Protein 6 grams
FRESH TOMATO PASTA
This is an extremely simple pasta recipe that I love to make when I don't really feel like cooking! I use rigatoni, but you can use whatever pasta you prefer. This is especially delicious with tomatoes fresh from your garden. Serve with garlic bread and a simple lettuce salad with Italian dressing.
Provided by Langu
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Coarsely chop the tomato and transfer to a small bowl. Sprinkle the tomato chunks with basil, olive oil, and salt. Set aside.
- Once the water is boiling, stir in the rigatoni, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander, and then return the pasta to the pot.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the pasta and toss to mix.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.5 calories, Carbohydrate 82.2 g, Cholesterol 134.4 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 17.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 33.4 mg, Sugar 7 g
Fresh vegetables right from the garden make this a special dish that is quick, easy, economical and downright delicious! Sometimes I add snow peas, too. -Jan Huntington, Painesville, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, peppers and onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and pepper flakes; saute 4-5 minutes. Drain pasta. Transfer to a large bowl; add vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 507mg sodium, Carbohydrate 66g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
SPRING GARDEN PASTA
Press flower petals and snipped herbs between sheets of this easy and excellent homemade pasta dough. Then toss with butter, Parm, and more herbs for a gorgeous pappardelle. Garnish with additional whole flowers and herbs. This Allrecipes Magazine recipe is based on Easy Homemade Pasta Dough by pho1962.
Provided by Allrecipes Magazine
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Beat flour, eggs, oil, and salt together in a bowl. Add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until a smooth and very thick dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a work surface and knead until very smooth, about 10 minutes. Cover; let dough rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 balls. Roll each into a thin sheet about 18 inches long using a pasta roller or a rolling pin. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flower petals, 1/4 tablespoon thyme, and 1/4 tablespoon dill on the lengthwise half of each sheet. Fold sheet in half over petals and herbs, then roll again into a thin sheet. Cut into long, 1-inch wide strips using a pizza cutter.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and boil until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Toss with Parmesan cheese, butter, lemon zest, and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 493 calories, Carbohydrate 51.7 g, Cholesterol 178.8 mg, Fat 25.6 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 15.6 g, SaturatedFat 11.2 g, Sodium 910.9 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
GARDEN-FRESH PASTA TOSS
Pasta mixed with fresh veggies like spinach, tomatoes and peppers, combined with chopped chicken, makes a great weeknight dinner idea.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 8 servings, about 2-1/2 cups each.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with dressing mix; toss to coat. Heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil in large nonstick skillet. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 min. or until cooked through. Remove from heat; set aside until ready to use.
- Drain pasta; place in large bowl. Add chicken and all remaining ingredients; mix lightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 530 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 30 g
GARDEN PASTA SALAD
This is the perfect name for this pasta salad because with all the fresh veggies it literally tastes like summer. There are so many textures and flavors going on. Ham adds a little heartiness while peas add a pop of sweetness. The two types of cheese pair perfectly with the light and tangy Italian dressing. If you're making this ahead of time, we suggest not adding the lettuce until you're ready to serve or it will get soggy. Serve this as a side or a light lunch.
Provided by Laura Yoder @lkyoder34
Categories Pasta Salads
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cook and drain pasta. Add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss in peas, onions, green onions, and celery.
- Toss in green and red bell peppers, tomatoes, and black olives.
- Toss in ham.
- Toss in cheddar cheese.
- Toss in lettuce.
- Toss to coat mixture with the Italian dressing.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
GARDEN PASTA TOSS
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the zucchini, broccoli, and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, and rosemary; cook, stirring as needed, until the tomatoes are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water, and place pasta in a serving bowl. Add the vegetable mixture, cheese and the reserved pasta water; toss to combine.
- Serve, sprinkled with pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236.8, Fat 4, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 5.5, Sodium 120.7, Carbohydrate 40.7, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 4.2, Protein 11
GARDEN FRESH PASTA SALAD
This is one of the best tasting salads, I hope that you will enjoy it. Pasta Salads absorb dressing when stored in the refrigerator. A trick to help the salad moist and creamy is to stir some of the reserved pasta cooking water into the chilled salad just before serving. For added flavor, sprinkle salad with bacon bits just before serving.
Provided by Chef mariajane
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook pasta as directed on package, adding broccoli to the boiling water for the last 3 minutes of the pasta cooking time. Drain, saving 1 cup of the pasta water, rinse pasta and broccoli under cold water. Drain well; place in large bowl.
- Add onions, peppers and tomatoes; mix lightly; add dressing; toss to coat. Cover.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Stir gently just before serving; sprinkle with cheese.
- To keep the salad moist, stir some of the reserve pasta cooking water into the chilled salad just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205.7, Fat 1.8, SaturatedFat 0.7, Cholesterol 2.8, Sodium 127.5, Carbohydrate 39.1, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 3.3, Protein 8.3
This thick pasta sauce with fresh-from-the-garden flavor is chock-full of peppers, mushrooms, carrots and onion. "It makes a big batch, so you'll have plenty to serve over spaghetti with leftovers for other meals," observes Sue Yaeger from Boone, Iowa.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 cups sauce.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a Dutch oven, saute the mushrooms, carrots, celery, onion and peppers in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the next 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Serve with spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 62 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 271mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
This pasta salad has everything you could want in the bowl: loads of ripe tomatoes, chunks of mozzarella, sliced olives, salami and plenty of fresh green herbs, all tossed in a garlicky, oregano-spiked red wine vinaigrette. Serve it the same day it's made for the brightest flavor and best texture.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 8 to 10
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Make the dressing: Combine vinegar, garlic, oregano and a big pinch each salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk in oil; taste and add more salt, pepper or vinegar as needed. Set aside.
- Prepare the pasta: Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions until the pasta is al dente. Drain well, transfer to the large bowl, and toss with the dressing while still warm.
- Add tomatoes, mozzarella, salami, olives, cucumber and onion to the bowl and toss well; fold in herbs. Taste and season with more salt, pepper and vinegar, if you like.
- Drizzle with olive oil and top with cracked black pepper just before serving.
PESTO GARDEN PASTA FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: fresh basil leaves, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, almond butter, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, kosher salt, pepper, kosher salt, pasta, grape tomato, yellow cherry tomato, red onion, mozzarella ball
Provided by Greg Perez
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Add the basil, olive oil, Parmesan, almond butter, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper to a blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Drain and transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl.
- Add the grape tomatoes, yellow tomatoes, red onion, and mozzarella balls to the pasta.
- Pour the pesto sauce over the pasta.
- Toss the ingredients together.
- Serve warm in a bowl.
- Enjoy! Adapted from The Minimalist Kitchen by Melissa Coleman. Copyright © 2018 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Meredith Corporation. New York, NY. All rights reserved.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 744 calories, Carbohydrate 88 grams, Fat 31 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 26 grams, Sugar 6 grams
More about "garden fresh pasta toss recipes"
GARDEN PASTA TOSS | MRFOOD.COM
GARDEN HAM PASTA TOSS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
FRESH GARDEN PASTA RECIPE | MRFOOD.COM
MAKE GARDEN GREENS PASTA WITH ALMONDS AND …
GARDEN PASTA TOSS | CANADIAN GOODNESS
GARDEN FRESH HERB, OLIVE, AND PARMESAN PASTA WITH …
PASTA WITH GARDEN TOMATOES AND FRESH MOZZARELLA
GARDEN PASTA TOSS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GARDEN FRESH SUMMER PASTA SALAD - DOUGHMESSTIC
GARDEN PASTA TOSS | RECIPE | PASTA SIDE DISHES, EASY POTLUCK RECIPES ...
GARDEN FRESH PASTA RECIPE BY CALORIE.LESS.COOKING | IFOOD.TV
GARDEN FRESH ITALIAN PASTA SAUCE - WILDFLOUR'S COTTAGE KITCHEN
GARDEN FRESH TORTELLINI PASTA SALAD - AVERIE COOKS
15 MINUTE ITALIAN GARDEN PASTA - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
GARDEN PASTA TOSS - LIVING LOWFAT
GARDEN-FRESH ROTINI AND CHICKEN TOSS - EMEALS.COM
GARDEN-FRESH PASTA TOSS - LUNCH RECIPES
VEGETABLE GARDEN PASTA - WHOLESOMELICIOUS
BUTLER FOODS | GARDEN FRESH PASTA
RECIPES FOR GARDEN-FRESH PASTA TOSS WITH GROCERY LISTS AND …
GARDEN FRESH PASTA SAUCE - LOVE TO BE IN THE KITCHEN
GARDEN PASTA TOSS - MICHELLESRECIPEPLACE.COM
FRESH TOMATO PASTA! (MY FAVOURITE SUMMER PASTA RECIPE)
GARDEN-FRESH PASTA TOSS RECIPE | SAY MMM
YOU WILL LOVE THIS GARDEN FRESH VEGGIE & PASTA RECIPE
GARDEN PASTA SALAD - COOK2EATWELL - RECIPES
GARDEN VEGETABLE PASTA TOSS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
INA GARTEN’S SUMMER GARDEN PASTA - 12 TOMATOES
GARDEN FRESH TOMATO AND HERB PASTA - LIKE MOTHER, LIKE DAUGHTER
CANNED PASTA SAUCE RECIPE – FRESH FROM THE GARDEN
GARDEN FRESH PASTA SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
You'll also love