GARLIC MOJO SAUCE
It's not just a marinade-this classic mojo sauce can also be spooned over chicken or fish for a piquant finishing touch, and deployed as a flavorful stir-in for rice.
Provided by David Tamarkin
Categories #cook90 Sauce Condiment Lime Juice Chile Pepper Garlic Orange Juice Oregano
Yield Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium. Stir in garlic, cumin, and oregano, then immediately remove from heat. Let cool 10-15 minutes. Stir in chile, lime juice, orange juice, and salt.
- Do Ahead
- Sauce can be made 1 week ahead. Transfer to an airtight container and chill.
CREAMY GARLIC SAUCE
This sauce is great on steak and chips. We have it a lot through the summer in Australia. Serve with a nice crisp salad makes a wonderful meal. Dried parsley may be used in place of the fresh.
Provided by AUSSIEDAVE1
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Sauce Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pour half of the water into a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the garlic and garlic powder, and boil until the water has almost evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix the cornstarch with the remaining water, and stir into the sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 434.7 calories, Carbohydrate 8.9 g, Cholesterol 163 mg, Fat 44.1 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 27.4 g, Sodium 47 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
MOJO (GARLIC CITRUS SAUCE)
This is a Cuban recipe that can be used as a marinade and/or sauce for shrimp, pork or chicken. From Saveur magazine.
Provided by susie cooks
Yield 1 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Crush together garlic cloves and salt with a mortar and pestle, put into a medium bowl.
- Stir in bitter fresh orange juice, or lime juice, and fresh orange juice, olive oil, chopped fresh oregano, cumin, crushed dried oregano, and salt to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 581.5, Fat 54.6, SaturatedFat 7.5, Sodium 2333.9, Carbohydrate 23.4, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 10.6, Protein 3
MOJO GARLIC RESTAURANT SAUCE
I have in the past gone to the Dominican and Cuban area in upper Manhattan (NYC) and have eaten Cubano Sandwiches... especially from the Mambi Restaurants. However, they do not make the original Mojo Garlic Sauce any longer (as far as I know, perhaps due to the turnover of restaurant chefs) which was great! So I have tried (for a long time) to duplicate the original Mojo recipe (but with difficulty). However, here is my version of this tasty Mojo Sauce for Cubano Sandwiches!
Provided by SkipperSy
Yield 1/2 cup
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place garlic, salt, oregano, (optional cumin, black pepper and Adobo seasoning) into a wooden mortar & pestle and make into almost a paste, set aside.
- Combine in a separate bowl; lime juice (or sour orange juice), vinegar, set aside.
- In a frying pan add the olive oil and add the garlic paste, stir and cook briefly (1/2-1 minute).
- Next add the liquid ingredients, stir and cook briefly (1 minute), then remove (do not overcook) and let cool.
- This recipe is basically a Dominican/Cuban sauce and adopted from the Mambi Restaurants in New York City.
- This Mojo Sauce recipe will turn a bright "off color" green due to the fresh garlic in the recipe.
- You can make a variation of this recipe by adding mayonnaise to taste, however, it is not a traditional ingredient in Cubano Sandwiches. Also, adding butter is an optional ingredient --
- Mojo Sauce is great on a Cubano Sandwich: Cuban bread (substitute Italian/French Bread) with sliced fresh pork, sliced pink ham, white cheese, sour pickle, butter and Mojo Sauce. Heat/pressing the sandwich on a hot grill is preferred... however, Cubano sandwiches are also good cold. Further, I often substitute chicken for the white fresh pork....
- In Cuba,Mojo Sauce is traditionally made with the fresh juice from sour oranges.
- Mojo Sauce is also good on Yuka (Cassava) or Green Plantains as well.
- The Puerto Rican Mojo Sauce is white in color and with less spices used.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 571, Fat 54.5, SaturatedFat 7.6, Sodium 4661.7, Carbohydrate 23.4, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 1.9, Protein 3.3
TOSTONES WITH GARLIC MOJO DIPPING SAUCE
Crispy twice-fried plantains are a staple throughout many Latin American countries, including Puerto Rico, where my family is from. They're eaten at just about any time of day and in many ways-as a side dish along with entrees like pork or fish, as the base for savory party canapes or even as a salty late-night bar snack with a variety of dipping sauces. Here we serve them with garlic mojo (from the Spanish word "mojar" which means "to wet")-a tangy and spicy condiment made with fresh citrus juice, olive oil, garlic and herbs. Mojo is typically made with sour orange juice from Seville oranges, but as those aren't readily available you can use a mix of lime and regular orange juice to approximate the flavor.
Provided by Alejandra Ramos
Yield 4 to 6 servings as an appetizer or side dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- For the mojo: Finely mince or use a rasp grater to grate the garlic into a small bowl or the base of a mortar and pestle. Add the salt and pepper and use a fork or the pestle to mash into a paste. Strip the oregano and cilantro leaves off the stems and add them to the bowl, mashing them into the paste. Whisk in the sour orange juice or equal parts lime and orange juice and the olive oil. Taste and add additional salt if desired. Set aside while you prepare the tostones.
- For the tostones: Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil in a medium heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven until it reaches 325 degrees F on a deep-fry thermometer.
- While the oil heats, peel the plantains and cut on the bias into 2-inch-thick pieces.
- Fry the plantains in batches until crisp and pale yellow, about 2 minutes. Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper-towel-lined baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining plantains.
- Move the pot the off the heat (do not discard the oil).
- Line a cutting board with parchment paper and gather a flat-bottomed glass and small bowl of water. Place a fried plantain on the parchment paper, dip the bottom of the glass in the water and use it to smash the plantain to about 1/2-inch thick. Repeat with the rest of the plantains.
- Put the oil on the heat again and bring it back up to 325 degrees F. Fry the smashed plantains in batches until golden and crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels, season with salt and serve hot with the garlic mojo dipping sauce.
More about "garlic mojo sauce recipes"
CUBAN MOJO CRIOLLO MARINADE AND DRESSING - THE …
GARLIC MOJO CHIPOTLE SHRIMP AND PASTA RECIPE
10 BEST HOMEMADE GARLIC SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MOJO SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
MOJO (CUBAN GARLIC-CITRUS SAUCE) | SAVEUR
CANARIAN MOJO SAUCE RECIPE - GREEN & RED MOJOS …
MOJO DE CILANTRO OR CILANTRO GREEN SAUCE RECIPE - THE …
YUCA AL MOJO ~ CASSAVA IN GARLIC SAUCE - HISPANIC FOOD NETWORK
MOJO PICóN SAUCE RECIPE - SPANISH RECIPES | SPANISH SABORES
MOJO CRIOLLO GARLIC SAUCE – SUELLEN PINEDA
MOJO SAUCE RECIPE + VIDEO - PLATINGS + PAIRINGS
CUBAN TOSTONES WITH MOJO SAUCE RECIPE | COOKSHIDEOUT
RICK BAYLESSSLOW ROASTED GARLIC MOJO - RICK BAYLESS
MOJO DE AJO GARLIC SAUCE - MEXICAN MOJO DE AJO WITH SNOOK
MOJO SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MOJO DE AJO - A MAGIC ROASTED GARLIC STEAK SAUCE - JESS PRYLES
MOJO DE AJO - TRADITIONAL CUBAN RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
MOJO SAUCE RECIPE | SAUCED - SERIOUS EATS
THE BEST CUBAN MOJO SAUCE RECIPE - AMIGOFOODS
MOJO RECIPE (LATIN-CARIBBEAN GARLIC SAUCE) | WHATS4EATS
MOJO DRESSING RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
MINT MOJO (PUERTO RICAN-STYLE GARLIC SAUCE WITH MINT) RECIPE
BEST MOJO SAUCE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE MOJO SAUCE
MOJO CRIOLLO MARINADE - GARLIC & ZEST
PUERTO RICAN GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
GRILLED YUCA WITH GARLIC MOJO SAUCE - LIVING SWEET MOMENTS
MAMA MILLY'S MOJO GARLIC SAUCE
GARLICKY CILANTRO MOJO SAUCE - INDIA FROM INDIANA
CUBAN GARLIC MOJO SAUCE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
WHY GARLIC MOJO IS THE MOST VERSATILE SAUCE OF SUMMER
HOW TO MAKE CANARIAN MOJO SAUCE: RECIPE! - TRADITIONAL …
CUBAN MOJO DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
GARLIC MOJO SLOW COOKER PORK - PREPDISH.COM
GARLIC MOJO SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RECIPE: FISH WITH MOJO SAUCE STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
TRADITIONAL TOUM GARLIC SAUCE (4 INGREDIENTS) - THE MEDITERRANEAN …
HOW TO MAKE MOJO SAUCE – FAMILIA KITCHEN
MOJO (TRADITIONAL CUBAN SAUCE) RECIPE - KITCHEN DE LUJO
CUBAN YUCA CON MOJO (YUCA WITH GARLIC SAUCE) - YUMMY ADDICTION
CAMARONES AL MOJO DE AJO (SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE) RECIPE
RICK BAYLESSGARLIC MOJO - RICK BAYLESS
MEXICAN GRILLED TROUT RECIPE - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
GARLIC MOJO SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love