GIANT MULTI-STUFFED SOFT PRETZEL RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: warm water, sugar, active dry yeast, all-purpose flour, salt, olive oil, cream cheese, shredded parmesan cheese, fresh chives, freshly cracked pepper, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, mini pepperoni, bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, egg, coarse salt, unsalted butter
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, whisk together the water and sugar. Add the yeast and let rest for 5 minutes, until it starts to foam.
- Add the flour, salt, and 1 tablespoon of oil, and mix thoroughly until the dough comes together.
- Remove the dough, grease the bowl with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, then return the dough to the bowl and cover with a dish towel or plastic wrap. Let sit in a warm place for 1 hour, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using your fingers or a rolling pin, stretch or roll the dough out into a long, thin strip, about 30 inches (76 cm) long and 4 inches (10 cm) wide.
- Spread the softened cream cheese down the middle of the dough strip, leaving a 1-inch (2 cm) border on each end.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan, chives, and black pepper over the first third of the cream cheese on the dough strip.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the middle third of cream cheese. Place the mozzarella and pepperoni over the sauce.
- Sprinkle the bacon and cheddar cheese over the cream cheese on the last third of the dough strip.
- Fold and pinch the dough around the cheese fillings along the entire strip, ensuring the ends are closed. Roll slightly to seal and lengthen.
- Carefully form a pretzel shape by taking the ends of the strip, making a "U" shape, twisting the ends around each other, and connecting the ends to the bottom of the "U" shape.
- Transfer the pretzel to the prepared baking sheet and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then brush with melted butter before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370 calories, Carbohydrate 29 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 11 grams, Sugar 1 gram
SOFT GIANT PRETZELS
My husband and our friends and family love these soft, chewy pretzels. Let the bread machine mix the dough, then all you have to do is shape and bake these fun snacks. -Sherry Peterson, Fort Collins, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 pretzels.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a bread machine pan, place 1 cup water and next 3 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed., When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 8 balls. Roll each into a 20-in. rope; form into pretzel shape. , Preheat oven to 425°. In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts water and the baking soda to a boil. Drop pretzels into boiling water, 2 at a time; boil for 10-15 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels., Place pretzels on greased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Spritz or lightly brush with remaining 2 Tbsp. water. Sprinkle with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 380mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
LARGE SOFT PRETZELS (QUICK)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix water and sugar together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved; add yeast. Let mixture stand until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour, butter, and salt together in a bowl until well mixed; add yeast mixture and stir with a fork until dough starts to cling. Turn dough onto a floured work surface and knead until smooth.
- Cut dough into 15 equal pieces and roll each piece between your hands into rope shapes at least the thickness of a pencil. Twist dough into desired shapes and arrange on a baking sheet; brush with egg and sprinkle coarse salt over each.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pretzels are browned and cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160.4 calories, Carbohydrate 26.8 g, Cholesterol 20.5 mg, Fat 3.8 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 210.2 mg, Sugar 1 g
ALMOST-FAMOUS SOFT PRETZELS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 pretzels and 1/2 cup sauce
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Make the pretzels: Warm the milk in a saucepan until it's about 110 degrees; pour into a medium bowl and sprinkle in the yeast. Let the yeast soften, about 2 minutes; stir in the brown sugar and 1 cup flour with a wooden spoon. Dice 2 tablespoons butter and soften; stir into the mix. Add the remaining 1 1/4 cups flour and the fine salt to make a sticky dough. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead, adding more flour if needed, until smooth but still slightly tacky, about 5 minutes. Shape into a ball, place in a lightly greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and grease a large baking sheet. Punch the dough to deflate it, then turn out onto a lightly floured surface. (If the dough seems tight, cover and let rest until it relaxes.) Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Roll and stretch each piece with the palms of your hands into a 30-inch rope, holding the ends and slapping the middle of the rope on the counter as you stretch. Form each rope into a pretzel shape.
- Dissolve the baking soda in 3 cups warm water in a shallow baking dish. Gently dip each pretzel in the soda solution, then arrange on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with the coarse salt. Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce: Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, brown sugar and vinegar in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Melt the remaining 8 tablespoons butter in a shallow dish. Dip the hot pretzels in the butter, turning to coat; place on a wire rack to let excess butter drip off. Serve the pretzels warm with the sweet mustard sauce.
- Illustration by Jason Lee
HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZELS
For a taste of the fair at home, try Alton Brown's Homemade Soft Pretzels recipe from Good Eats on Food Network.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 8 pretzels
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the water, sugar and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle the yeast on top. Allow to sit for 5 minutes or until the mixture begins to foam. Add the flour and butter and, using the dough hook attachment, mix on low speed until well combined. Change to medium speed and knead until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of the bowl, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the dough from the bowl, clean the bowl and then oil it well with vegetable oil. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and sit in a warm place for approximately 50 to 55 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line 2 half-sheet pans with parchment paper and lightly brush with the vegetable oil. Set aside.
- Bring the 10 cups of water and the baking soda to a rolling boil in an 8-quart saucepan or roasting pan.
- In the meantime, turn the dough out onto a slightly oiled work surface and divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll out each piece of dough into a 24-inch rope. Make a U-shape with the rope, holding the ends of the rope, cross them over each other and press onto the bottom of the U in order to form the shape of a pretzel. Place onto the parchment-lined half sheet pan.
- Place the pretzels into the boiling water, 1 by 1, for 30 seconds. Remove them from the water using a large flat spatula. Return to the half sheet pan, brush the top of each pretzel with the beaten egg yolk and water mixture and sprinkle with the pretzel salt. Bake until dark golden brown in color, approximately 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Mix yeast, coarse salt, sugar, and warm water in a small bowl, whisking until sugar dissolves. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flour and cayenne in a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Slowly pour yeast mixture over flour mixture, stirring to combine. Using your hands, gather dough together. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until it is no longer sticky, about 5 minutes. Cover with plastic, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Cut dough into 12 pieces, and roll each into an 18-inch rope. Form a U shape with 1 rope, and twist ends together twice. Fold twisted portion backward along center of U shape to form a circle, then gently press ends of rope onto dough to seal. Transfer to an oiled baking sheet, and repeat. Let rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add baking soda. Boil pretzels in batches until puffed and slightly shiny, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to wire racks to drain. Return to baking sheet, sprinkle with pretzel salt, and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Pretzels will keep, uncovered, at room temperature for up to 12 hours. Rewarm in a 250-degree oven if desired, and serve with mustards.
HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZELS
Edd Kimber demonstrates how to make perfect pretzels with a chewy crust and soft, fluffy interior. Mix honey and mustard for a fantastic dip to go with them
Provided by Edd Kimber
Categories Brunch, Snack, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the flour, yeast, sugar and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl and mix together to combine. In a large jug, mix together 300ml lukewarm water and the butter. Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the water, mixing together to form a rough dough.
- Tip out onto a floured work surface and knead for 10-15 mins or until smooth and elastic. Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with oiled cling film and set aside until doubled in size, about 1hr.
- Once risen, knock out the air bubbles in the dough and divide into 8 equal pieces. Using your hands, roll each piece into a long rope about 60cm long.
- To form into pretzels, lay the rope in a U-shape with the curve pointing towards you. Take the two ends and cross them over.
- Take the ends, lift them backwards and press them into the curve of the U-shape. Repeat with the remaining dough. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Carefully place the pretzels on a baking tray lined with parchment and lightly greased with oil. Cover lightly with oiled cling film. Set aside for about 20 mins until puffy (not fully risen like bread dough).
- Fill a medium-sized saucepan with water, bring to the boil, add the baked bicarbonate of soda, then reduce the heat to a low simmer. One at a time, carefully lift the pretzels into the pan and cook for 20 secs per side. The pretzels will rise to the surface; flip with a slotted spoon.
- Use the spoon to gently lift the pretzels from the pan and return them to the baking tray. Once they have all been cooked in the water, lightly brush with the egg and sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins or until a rich, dark brown. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 10 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Best served on the day made but can be frozen for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 47 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 1.1 milligram of sodium
GIANT SOFT PRETZELS
These are so yummy! Even if a bit messy to make. You can also shape the pretzels into letters or numbers. Kids love to do that. You can also brush with butter after you take the out of the oven and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over them. My Kids love them that way.
Provided by MelodyOHare
Yield 8 pretzels, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place water, flour, sugar & yeast in a large bowl.
- Mix and knead dough for 5 to 10 minutes.
- (Add 2 TBS of flour after a few minutes if needed).
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 8 balls.
- Roll each ball out into 20-inch ropes and form into pretzel shape.
- In a large sauce pan, bring water and baking soda to a boil.
- Drop pretzels into water 2 at a time, boil for 10-15 seconds.
- Remove with slotted spoons and drain on paper towels.
- Place pretzles on a greased baking sheet and bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spritz or lightly brush with water.
- Sprinkle with salt and Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.7, Fat 0.5, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 4715.2, Carbohydrate 41.2, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 5.2, Protein 5.2
TRADITIONAL SOFT PRETZELS
If you've ever tasted a real German soft pretzel, with a deep, dark, burnished skin showered with crunchy salt crystals, and a yeasty, chewy middle, then you know what you're in for here.
Provided by Andrea Slonecker
Yield Makes 8
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mixing and proofing:
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl. Add the barley malt syrup, stirring until it is dissolved. Allow the yeast to bloom until it is foamy, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the flour, beer, butter, and salt and continue stirring to form a shaggy mass. Attach the bowl and the dough hook to the stand mixer and begin kneading on medium-low speed. After about 1 minute the dough will form a smooth ball. The dough should be quite firm and may be slightly tacky, but not sticky. (If it is sticky, add a little more flour, about 1 tbsp at a time, and knead it in until the dough is smooth. If the dough is too dry to come together, add more water, 1 tsp at a time.) Continue kneading the dough on medium-low speed until it is elastic, 5 to 7 minutes. Alternatively, turn the shaggy dough out onto an unfloured work surface and knead it by hand.
- Choose a bowl that will be large enough to contain the dough after it has doubled in size, and grease it lightly with butter. Transfer the dough to the greased bowl and cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Put the dough in the refrigerator to rise for at least 8 hours, and up to 24 hours, for optimal flavor.
- For quick pretzels, allow the dough to rise at room temperature (in a warm spot) until it has doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Line two 12-by-17-in/30.5-by-43-cm rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Turn the dough out onto an unfloured work surface and firmly press it down to deflate. To form the classic pretzel shape, cut the dough into eight equal portions. Work with one piece of dough at a time and keep the rest covered with a damp, clean kitchen towel. Pat a piece of dough down with your fingertips to form a rough rectangle about 3 1/2 by 5 1/2 in/9 by 14 cm. Beginning on a long side, roll the dough up tightly, forming it into a little loaf. Pinch the seam together. Shape the dough into a rope by rolling it against the work surface with your palms and applying mild pressure, working from the center of the dough out to the ends. If you need more friction, spray the counter with a little water from a squirt bottle or drizzle a few drops of water and spread it with your hand. Once you can feel that the dough rope doesn't want to stretch any farther (usually when it is between 12 to 16 in/30.5 to 40.5 cm long), set it aside to rest and begin shaping another piece in the same manner. Repeat this process with the remaining pieces of dough.
- Return to the first dough rope and continue rolling it out to a length of 24 to 28 in/61 to 71 cm, leaving the center about 1 in/2.5 cm in diameter and tapering the ends thinly by applying a little more pressure as you work your way out. Position the dough rope into a U shape, with the ends pointing away from you. Holding an end in each hand, cross the ends about 3 in/7.5 cm from the tips and then cross them again. Fold the ends down and press them into the U at about 4 and 8 o'clock, allowing about 1/4 in/6 mm of the ends to overhang. Place the pretzel on one of the prepared baking sheets and cover it with a damp towel. Repeat this process with the remaining dough, spacing out the pretzels on the baking sheets at least 1 in/2.5 cm apart and covering them with a damp towel.
- Allow the covered pretzels to rise at warm room temperature until they have increased in size by about half, 20 to 30 minutes. (The pretzels can be refrigerated at this point, covered tightly with plastic wrap, for up to 8 hours before dipping and baking them.)
- At least 20 minutes before baking, position one rack in the upper third and another rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat it to 500°F/260°C/gas 10.
- Prepare the lye solution or baked baking soda solution.
- Use a large skimmer to gently dip the pretzels in the lye or baked baking soda solution, one or two at a time. Leave them in the solution for about 20 seconds, carefully turning once after 10 seconds. Remove the pretzels from the liquid, drain, and return them to the baking sheets, spacing them at least 1 in/2.5 cm apart. If the ends come detached, simply reposition them. Repeat with the remaining pretzels.
- Topping and baking:
- Use a sharp paring knife or razor blade to cut a slit about 1/4 in/6 mm deep in the thickest part of each pretzel (the bottom of the U). Top them as you choose, if desired. Bake the pretzels until they are deep mahogany in color, 8 to 12 minutes, rotating the pans from front to back and top to bottom halfway through the baking time. Transfer the pretzels to a rack to cool for 10 minutes before serving. The pretzels are best enjoyed the day they are made, ideally warm from the oven or within an hour of being baked.
- To store the pretzels, allow them to cool completely and then wrap each one individually in plastic wrap. Store them at room temperature for up to 2 days, or put the plastic-wrapped pretzels in a resealable plastic freezer bag and freeze them for up to 1 month. Reheat the pretzels in a 350°F/180°C/gas 4 oven for about 5 minutes, or for 10 to 12 minutes if frozen.
HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZELS RECIPE BY TASTY
- In a bowl, mix water, salt, and sugar until combined. Add yeast, and let rest 5 minutes until yeast starts to foam.
- Add flour and 2 tablespoons of oil, and mix thoroughly until a dough forms.
- Remove the dough and use the remaining oil to cover the bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and leave in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Cut dough into 8 pieces and roll them out into thin ropes, twisting the two ends to form a pretzel shape.
- Add baking soda to a large pot of water, and bring to a rolling boil. Boil each pretzel for 30 seconds per side.
- Transfer pretzels to a baking sheet, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 332 calories, Carbohydrate 55 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 9 grams, Sugar 1 gram
HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZELS
Giant soft pretzels with a chewy crust and crunchy sea salt topping. Use this one recipe to make giant pretzels, pretzel rolls, or appetizer-sized pretzel bites.
Provided by Beth M
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 16 Pretzels
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in 1 cup of warm water. Allow the yeast mixture to sit for five minutes, or until it is frothy on top.
- While waiting for the yeast to become frothy, whisk together 2 cups of the flour with 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a large bowl. Once the yeast mixture is frothy, pour it into the bowl with the flour and stir until it forms a shaggy ball of dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8 minutes. Incorporate 3/4 to 1 cup of additional flour while kneading. After kneading for 8 minutes, the dough should be smooth, elastic, and should spring back when poked with a finger. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover loosely, and let rise for one hour, or until double in volume.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down to deflate. Turn the dough out onto a clean surface, pat the dough down into a round disc, then cut into 16 equal sized wedges. Roll each wedge into a thin 24-inch long rope, then twist into the classic pretzel shape. For pretzel buns, roll the wedges into balls (cut into 8 pieces for larger rolls) and for pretzel bites, cut the ropes into one inch sections. Place the shaped pretzels on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and coated lightly with non-stick spray. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, then carefully add 1/4 cup of baking soda. Add two or three pretzels to the pot at a time and let boil in the baking soda water for 60 seconds on each side. Let the boiled pretzels drain for a few minutes on a wire rack before transferring back to the parchment lined baking sheets.
- Prepare an egg wash by whisking together one egg and one tablespoon of water. Liberally brush the egg wash over the pretzels, then sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Bake the pretzels for 15-18 minutes, or until deep golden brown on the surface.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93.6, Fat 0.6, SaturatedFat 0.1, Cholesterol 11.6, Sodium 1036.4, Carbohydrate 18.7, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 0.6, Protein 3
More about "giant soft pretzels recipes"
GIANT SOFT PRETZEL RECIPE BY ANGELA CARLOS - THE DAILY MEAL
2.5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- Warm the water in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove until about 100 degrees F. In a medium bowl, sprinkle the yeast on top of the warm water, and allow it to sit for 2 minutes. Then, stir in the sugar, salt, and flour. A dough should form. Chop the butter into small pieces and add to the dough, stirring to incorporate. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Then, form a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover loosley with plastic wrap, and allow the dough to rise until doubled in size for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, and grease a baking sheet. Remove the dough from the bowl and punch it down. On a floured surface roll out the dough and divide into equal pieces. Roll and manipulate the dough until it forms a long rope about 20 inches long. Form the rope into a pretzle shape.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the water, and dip each pretzle in the baking soda solution. Arrange the pretzels on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the pretzels with the egg wash and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake the pretzels for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
BAKED SOFT PRETZEL STICKS - THE CHUNKY CHEF
GIANT (AND CHEWY) KETO SOFT PRETZELS WITH CHEESE DIPPING SAUCE
GIANT SOFT PRETZELS WITH DIPPING SAUCE TRIO - VITACOST
GIANT GARLIC BUTTER SOFT PRETZEL RODS - FOODIE WITH FAMILY
SOFT PRETZELS | CANADIAN LIVING
GIANT SOFT PRETZELS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS - FOODNEWSNEWS.COM
EASIEST, SALTIEST, BIGGEST SOFT PRETZELS - ERIN KILROY
TRADITIONAL LARGE SOFT PRETZELS - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
EASY HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZELS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
GIANT SOFT PRETZELS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
BEST SOFT PRETZELS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
GIANT SOFT PRETZELS – FROM SCRATCH
GIANT SOFT PRETZELS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GIANT SOFT PRETZELS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOW TO MAKE A GIANT SOFT PRETZEL - YOUTUBE
GIANT SOFT PRETZEL RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SOFT GIANT PRETZELS - HEDONISMONLINE
GIANT SOFT PRETZELS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZELS RECIPE | ALTON BROWN
BIG SOFT PRETZELS RECIPE | EASY HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZELS
HOW TO MAKE DISNEYLAND SOFT PRETZELS — NEUROTIC MOM
GIANT SOFT PRETZELS RECIPE
GIANT SOFT PRETZELS - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
GARLIC PARMESAN SOFT PRETZELS - GATHER FOR BREAD
CLASSIC PRETZELS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
GIANT SOFT PRETZELS | CRUMB KITCHEN | SOFT PRETZELS, SOFT PRETZEL ...
GIANT SOFT PRETZELS – GEO FOODS
GIANT SOFT PRETZELS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
RECIPE FOR GIANT SOFT PRETZELS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BEST SOFT PRETZELS (OR PRETZEL BITES) • ZONA COOKS
HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZELS - LONGBOURN FARM
HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZELS - AUNTIE ANNE'S COPYCAT! - THE SEASONED …
SOFT PRETZELS - MIDWEST LIVING
GIANT PRETZELS | ETSY CANADA
HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZELS (NO KNEAD, NO MACHINE RECIPE)
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #healthy #lunch #snacks #oven #finger-food #kid-friendly #low-fat #grains #stove-top #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #equipment #number-of-servings #presentation
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make soft pretzels?Roll 1/3 cup of dough into a long 20-22 inch rope. Twist the ends and bring the ends down. That’s a pretzel! Now drop the pretzels into the boiling water + baking soda. Let them boil for 20-30 seconds each, then place onto a baking sheet. This pretzel dough makes 12 regular size soft pretzels, so I use 2 baking sheets. 6 on each.
How to make pretzels with yeast?Directions. Make the pretzels: Warm the milk in a saucepan until it's about 110 degrees; pour into a medium bowl and sprinkle in the yeast. Let the yeast soften, about 2 minutes; stir in the brown sugar and 1 cup flour with a wooden spoon. Dice 2 tablespoons butter and soften; stir into the mix.
How do you cook pretzels in boiling water?In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts water and the baking soda to a boil. Drop pretzels into boiling water, 2 at a time; boil for 10-15 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Place pretzels on greased baking sheets.
How do you make pretzel dough with a stand mixer?Warm water, 1 packet yeast, melted butter, brown sugar, salt, flour. Let the yeast foam in the warm water for a sec, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix. You can use a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, a hand mixer, or– like you’ll notice in the video– no mixer at all. Pretzel dough is no diva.