Stir fries require very little cooking time and you can pretty much use any vegetables you like, but the star of this one is the ginger. This dish is quick and easy to make, but get all of your ingredients together (including mixing the sauce) before you start cooking because everything happens fast! Serve with rice, and garnish with sliced green onions.
Provided by lutzflcat
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken to the wok, and stir-fry until chicken is opaque on all sides, about 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the wok. Add bell pepper, onion, and snow peas; stir-fry until vegetables start to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Whisk together water, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, oyster sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and garlic in a bowl. Add sauce to the wok, stirring constantly until sauce starts to thicken. Add chicken back to the wok, stir, and reheat, 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392 calories, Carbohydrate 23.7 g, Cholesterol 65.1 mg, Fat 20.5 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 26.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 1336.2 mg, Sugar 11.1 g
HONEY-GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY
When I was first married, we didn't have a working oven or grill, so I had to use the stovetop for everything. After a few months of the same thing, I needed some new ideas and developed this simple chicken stir-fry. I make half of it when we're home alone and can easily double it for company. -April Walcher, Hutchinson, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and ginger; set aside. , Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add vegetables and water chestnuts; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. , Stir honey mixture and stir into chicken mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 554mg sodium, Carbohydrate 62g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
KIM'S STIR-FRIED GINGER GARLIC CHICKEN
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips across the grain, and set aside. Peel and grate the ginger root and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok over medium-high heat until the oil is melted and hot. Stir in the ginger and garlic, and cook and stir for about 20 seconds, to release the flavor. Toss the chicken strips into the hot oil, and scoop the hoisin sauce over the chicken. Cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes, until the sauce coats the chicken and the meat is no longer pink inside.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.2 calories, Carbohydrate 10.7 g, Cholesterol 54.6 mg, Fat 10.5 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 20.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 389.1 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY
Lovely combination of vegetables and chicken with a nice touch of ginger. Submitted for the January 2006 RSC
Provided by Derf2440
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Parboil squash, or cut in half, remove seeds and microwave for about 3 minutes depending on size, cube and set aside.
- Generously spray a non stick wok or deep fry pan. Heat wok and add chicken strips; brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle chicken with paprika.
- Lower heat and add onions and garlic, stir fry about 5 minutes, until onion is soft, being careful not to burn garlic.
- Add sweet and hot peppers and ginger sticks; stir fry about 3 minutes.
- Add squash cubes, stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add tomato , stir fry just until heated through, 1 minute.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over all.
- Make a slurry out of the chicken stock and cornstarch; add to chicken and vegetables; stir fry until liquid is thickened about 4 minutes.
- Nice served over brown rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228, Fat 7.7, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 47.8, Sodium 264.6, Carbohydrate 22.9, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 5.7, Protein 18.7
GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY
We like hot spicy foods, so we always add the highest amount of cayenne pepper called for here. No matter how much you use, this dish has just the right amount of pizzazz!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside., In the same skillet, stir-fry the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and onion for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 151 calories, Fat 5g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 655mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
STIR-FRIED HONEY-GINGER CHICKEN WITH PEPPERS
- In a small bowl, stir together honey, vinegar, and soy sauce. Heat a large skillet or wok over high until hot. Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat skillet. Add chicken and stir until opaque but not cooked through, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, ginger, and garlic to skillet and stir until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add peppers and stir 2 minutes. Add soy mixture and bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet and toss until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Serve over rice, topped with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402 g, Fat 11 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 28 g
GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY WITH VEGETABLES
- 1. In a medium sized bowl, toss the chicken strips with the scallions, about half the garlic and ginger, the soy sauce, sherry and sesame oil. 2. Heat a large, non-stick skillet (or wok) over high heat. Add 2 T of the vegetable oil. Add the celery and broccoli and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add bok choy and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, remaining garlic, chicken broth, salt and little fresh ground pepper. Stir fry until broccoli is bright green but still a little crisp (about 2 minutes). Add bean sprouts and stir-fry for an additional 30 seconds. Transfer to platter/ 3. Add remaining 2 T of vegetable boil to hot skillet. Add the chicken mixture. Stir fry until the chicken loses its raw color and gets a little brown (about 3 minutes). Don't over-cook or the chicken will get tough. Return the vegetables to the pan and toss to heat through. 4. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to taste. 5. Serve with hot rice (we use brown basmati rice).
GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY
- Toss the chicken with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 teaspoon soy sauce in a medium bowl; let sit 5 minutes. In a separate bowl, stir together the chicken broth, remaining 2 teaspoons each cornstarch and soy sauce and the vinegar until smooth; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring once or twice, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 30 seconds. Add the snow peas, broccolini and half of the scallions; cook, stirring, until the vegetables start softening, about 2 minutes. Stir the chicken broth mixture and pour it into the skillet. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken and vegetables, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide the rice or quinoa among bowls and top with the stir-fry and remaining scallions. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve with more soy sauce.
People also searched
More about "ginger chicken stir fry recipes"
GARLIC GINGER CHICKEN STIR FRY (5 INGREDIENTS) - LOW CARB YUM
5/5 (9)Calories 192 per servingCategory Main Course See details »
QUICK GINGER CHICKEN STIR FRY RECIPE - VEENA AZMANOV
Ratings 13Category Dinner, LunchCuisine AsianTotal Time 20 mins See details »
GINGER CHICKEN STIR FRY RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Servings 2Total Time 25 minsCategory Meat And PoultryCalories 466 per serving See details »
30-MINUTE GINGER CHICKEN STIR FRY - INSPIRED TASTE
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, MainCalories 308 per serving See details »
GINGER CHICKEN - AUTHENTIC CHINESE IN 30 MINUTES! - THE ...
Ratings 33Calories 206 per servingCategory Chicken
- Using a cleaver, lightly smash the white parts of the scallions, the garlic, and the ginger (use a firmer hand on the ginger). This releases the flavors of the aromatics for a more flavorful dish.
- Spread the canola oil around the perimeter of the wok, and heat it until it just starts smoking. Add the smashed ginger slices, and fry for 15 seconds.
- Spread the chicken pieces in a single layer in the wok. Sear for 45 seconds. Flip them and fry the other side for another 30 seconds.
- Add in the white parts of the scallions, garlic, and shallots. Continue to stir-fry over high heat, mixing everything together for another 30 seconds.
GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 439 per serving
- Coat a wok or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; drizzle 1/2 teaspoon oil around top of wok. Heat at medium-high (375°) until hot. Add broccoli and carrot; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add zucchini, onion, and green onions; stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove vegetables from wok; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to wok. Add chicken; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Return vegetables to wok. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to wok. Stir-fry 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice.
GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY WITH BROCCOLI RECIPE | LITTLE ...
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- In a medium mixing bowl or a large measuring cup, combine the chicken broth, water, soy sauce, brown sugar, grated ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Whisk until the cornstarch dissolves. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook, for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken starts to brown. Remove chicken to a plate, set aside.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil to the pan, saute the broccoli, mushrooms, and onions together until the broccoli turns bright green and the mushrooms are tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add the sauce prepared in step 1 to the pan. Toss to coat, when the sauce starts to thicken (1-2 minutes), add the chicken back into the pan and just toss to coat everything. Serve warm with white or brown rice, farro, or quinoa.
ORANGE-GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (6)Total Time 45 minsServings 0.67Calories 373 per serving
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add carrots; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add sweet pepper; cook and stir about 3 minutes more or until carrots are tender. Transfer to a medium bowl. In the same skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Transfer to the bowl with carrot mixture. Stir in edamame.
- In the same skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic, and, if desired, crushed red pepper; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in broth, orange juice concentrate, and soy sauce. Bring to boiling.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and the water; stir into broth mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken mixture. Cook and stir until heated through.
GINGER CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 205 per serving
- In a very large skillet or wok, warm the oil over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring or tossing frequently, until it is browned, about 10 minutes. Add the ginger, green onions, garlic, broccoli and mushrooms if desired. Cook, stirring or tossing constantly, until the pan is fragrant and the broccoli turns bright green, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add water to the mixture and use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape up all the browned bits. Pour in the soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens, about 1 minute. Serve over rice if desired. Enjoy!
(ONE SKILLET) ORANGE-GINGER CHICKEN AND VEGGIE STIR-FRY ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
GINGER CHICKEN STIR FRY - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
Reviews 2Category MainCuisine ChineseTotal Time 25 mins
- Add the chicken and the marinade ingredients into a medium-sized bowl. Mix everything together until the strips are all fully coated. Set aside and allow it to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet. Add the marinated chicken into the heated pan. Separate any pieces that may be stuck together. Cook until the bottom turns brown and flip the chicken. Add half of the julienned ginger to the pan and fry it with the chicken, until the bottom of the chicken is browned.
SERIOUSLY DELICIOUS CHICKEN STIR FRY - FIT FOODIE FINDS
4.8/5 (8)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main MealCalories 305 per serving
- Next, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium/high heat. When olive oil is fragrant, add sliced chicken breast to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the stir fry vegetables (except for carrots) and sauté for 2-3 minutes before adding the sauce. Bring sauce to a boil and then reduce to low/medium, add carrots, and let simmer for 6-8 minutes. If you have really big broccoli florets, you can cover the stir fry and let it steam for 2-3 minutes to cook it faster.
- While chicken stir fry is cooking, make a cornstarch slurry. Whisk cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of water until it dissolves. Then, add the cornstarch slurry to the pan and continue cooking over medium heat to activate. It will take 1-2 minutes for the cornstarch to start thickening your sauce.
CHINESE GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY RECIPE - YEAH FOODIE
5/5 (5)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 200 per serving See details »
GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (2)Total Time 29 minsServings 4Calories 155 per serving See details »
HONEY GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY - INQUIRING CHEF
4.3/5 (6)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishPublished 2021-01-18 See details »
GINGER-CHICKEN STIR-FRY RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
See details »
STIR-FRY CHICKEN WITH SOY, ORANGE AND GINGER - KIKKOMAN UK
See details »
10 BEST GINGER CHICKEN STIR FRY CHINESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
CHICKEN STIR FRY - SIMPLE JOY
See details »
GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY | CANADIAN LIVING
See details »
GINGER CHICKEN STIR FRY | BBC GOOD FOOD
See details »
30-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion sauces main-dish condiments-etc poultry vegetables asian chinese easy dinner-party chicken stove-top dietary low-calorie low-carb inexpensive low-in-something meat equipment
You'll also love