ROAST LEG OF LAMB WITH LEMON, GARLIC, AND ROSEMARY
The longer the lamb marinates in the seasoning paste, the better flavor you'll have. Anywhere from 1 to 24 hours will work, but overnight is best. Slice the leftovers for pita stuffed sandwiches topped with tabbouleh.From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the chopped lemon, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a food processor. A blender can also be used, if done in batches. If you have neither, finely chop all ingredients together.
- Open up the lamb and lay it flat. Spread and massage the lemon paste evenly over the inside and outside of the lamb. Place in a baking dish and cover, or in a large resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate overnight to marinate, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Remove the meat from the refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes before cooking. Place the lamb on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. Place the meat in the oven and after 5 minutes, reduce the temperature to 425 degrees. Roast for 45 minutes, or until medium rare, 140 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Allow the meat to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving and serving.
LAMB WITH LEMON GRASS AND GINGER
- Combine lemon grass, ginger, soy sauce, orange juice, minced garlic, and pepper. Rub half the mixture over the lamb, and marinate overnight.
- Heat a grill or broiler with the rack 4 to 6 inches from the flame. Wipe off the marinade; grill or broil, turning once, until medium, 4 or 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with the remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 252, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 20 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 406 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram
ROAST LEG OF LAMB WITH GINGER AND MINT
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pulse the garlic, ginger, 1 tablespoon olive oil and the paprika in a food processor to make a paste. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic-ginger paste, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the paste begins to fry slightly, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; let cool.
- Make about sixteen 1-inch-deep slits all over the leg of lamb with a paring knife. Stuff the chopped mint and some of the garlic-ginger paste into the slits. Rub the remaining paste all over the outside of the lamb. Wrap the lamb in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature 30 minutes before roasting. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Unwrap the lamb, season with salt and pepper and place on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour 1 cup chicken broth into the pan. Transfer to the oven and roast until the lamb starts browning, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the remaining 2 cups chicken broth, the vinegar and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil; remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the lamb from the oven; baste with the broth mixture. Continue roasting, basting every 30 minutes, until the lamb is golden brown and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 130 degrees F, about 1 1/2 more hours. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 20 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, spoon off any excess fat from the pan juices; add the pan juices to the remaining broth. Heat the broth mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced by about one-third, about 5 to 7 minutes. Top the lamb with mint and serve with the broth mixture.
LEMON-ROSEMARY ROAST LEG OF LAMB
We've taken the classic approach of studding the lamb with garlic and coating in a generously seasoned rub. Giving it time to marinate is the key, then roast for a crispy exterior and tender, juicy inside.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Trim the excess fat from the lamb, leaving a 1/4- to 1/2-inch layer of fat. Using a sharp knife, make small slits, about 1/2 inch deep and 2 to 3 inches apart, all over the surface of the lamb. Fill each slit with a slice of garlic.
- Grate the lemon zest into a small bowl (reserve the lemon). Add the rosemary, 1 tablespoon salt and 2 teaspoons pepper. Rub the mixture all over the lamb. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the lamb from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature about 1 hour before roasting. Preheat the oven to 425˚ F. Set a rack in a roasting pan and set the lamb fat-side up on the rack. Cut the reserved lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the lamb; drizzle with the olive oil and rub all over to coat. Add the lemon halves to the pan. Roast until the fat on the lamb starts to sizzle, about 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350˚ F and continue roasting the lamb until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 130˚ F for medium rare to medium, 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes more. Remove to a cutting board and let rest 20 minutes before carving.
LAMB CHOPS WITH LEMONGRASS AND GINGER
- Prepare marinade: Place the garlic, lemongrass, ginger, and salt in a mortar. Using a pestle, grind to a rough paste. Add cilantro and mint, and grind 1 minute more. Stir in oil.
- Place lamb chops in a shallow dish and pour over marinade; turn lamb to coat. Let stand 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Place lamb on grill and cook, turning once, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate, cover to keep warm, and let stand in a warm place, about 10 minutes.
- Divide lamb evenly between 4 plates. Pour any juices that have accumulated on the plate over lamb. Season with pepper and garnish each plate with a lemon wedge.
GINGER-LEMON ROAST LAMB
Ginger and lemon adds a distinctive flavour to lamb. This recipe can be transferred to any cut of lamb, or pork roast. A supermarket handout from the butcher shop featuring New Zealand Spring Lamb
Provided by TOOLBELT DIVA
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Trim any excess fat from lamb.
- Make 1/2 inch (1 cM) deep slits all over leg.
- In a small bowl, combine ginger, lemon rind, garlic, thyme, flour, salt and pepper.
- Stir in lemon juice to make paste.
- Coat lamb leg well, making sure it seeps into all the slits.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 450 degrees F (230C).
- Place lamb leg in shallow roast pan; pour wine into pan.
- Roast uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (160C) and continue roasting for about 1-1/4 hour longer, or until internal temperature of meat is 130F (54C).
- Add water, if roast pan becomes dry.
- Remove lamb and let rest for 15 minutes under tent of foil, prior to carving.
- Skim fat from pan juices;.
- Add more water or wine, if necessary and bring to a boil, scraping up any brown bits from the pan.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 Tbsp (25mL) cold water and stir into pan.
- Cook, stirring all the while, until bubbly and thickened.
- Carve lamb leg and you would normally, and serve with your favourite vegetables, orzo or rice.
- Gravy on the side.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper. Place the lamb in a shallow container. Pour the lemon juice mixture over the lamb. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. Drain marinade, and bring to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Over indirect heat, grill the lamb 40 to 50 minutes, turning to cook all sides, to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Cool, slice, and cover with the thickened marinade mixture to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450.8 calories, Carbohydrate 17.8 g, Cholesterol 115.3 mg, Fat 27.2 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 32.4 g, SaturatedFat 9.5 g, Sodium 1015.4 mg, Sugar 14 g
CLASSIC GREEK ROASTED LEG OF LAMB WITH LEMON-GARLIC POTATOES
- Trim the excess fat off the lamb and set aside.
- Finely chop the whole garlic head.
- Combine with the remaining marinade ingredients.
- Place the lamb in a large, deep container or baking dish and pour in the marinade.
- Turn the lamb in the marinade so that it is coated all over.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush the ingredients for the dry rub all together until they are pastelike in consistency.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Make 10-15 small incisions all over its surface using a small, sharp paring knife.
- Stuff each of these little holes with the dry rub and rub whatever is left over the surface of the lamb.
- Season well with salt and pepper and rub the lamb with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the potatoes in a large roasting pan and toss with the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and oregano.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb over the potatoes.
- Roast, frequently basting both the lamb and the potatoes with the pan juices for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, for a well-done leg.
- Add a little water to the pan during baking if necessary to keep the pan juices from drying out.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes before carving.
- Keep the potatoes in the turned off oven until ready to serve.
- In an 8-quart saucepan combine sugar, water and ginger root. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice. Cool 15 minutes. Remove ginger. Refrigerate lemonade at least 1 hour, or until chilled.
- Serve over ice, and garnish with lemon slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 131.6 calories, Carbohydrate 35.6 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 0.3 g, Sodium 6.7 mg, Sugar 31.2 g
More about "ginger lemon roast lamb recipes"
24 RECIPES THAT PROVE GINGER AND LEMON ARE A MATCH …
RECIPE FOR GREEK STYLE ROASTED LAMB WITH LEMON
LEMON AND GINGER LAMB CUTLETS - JULES OF THE KITCHEN
LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND LEMON | WILLIAMS SONOMA
ROAST LAMB WITH GINGER RECIPE BY WHATS.COOKING
ROAST LAMB WITH ORANGE AND LEMON RECIPE - FOOD
LEMON-GINGER LAMB-CROWN ROAST WITH MANGO SALSA
MUSTARD AND HERB ROASTED LEG OF LAMB - THE HUNGRY …
SLOW COOKER ROAST LAMB WITH LEMON, ROSEMARY AND GARLIC
ROAST LAMB WITH LEMON AND HONEY RECIPE | AUSTRALIAN LAMB
ROASTED LEG OF LAMB - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
ROAST LAMB RACKS WITH LEMON AND GARLIC - EAT, LITTLE BIRD
HERBY ROAST LEG OF LAMB - SALTY GINGER
LEMON GINGER BEEF TOP ROUND ROAST WITH COUSCOUS OR RICE
GINGER LEMON ROAST LAMB RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
RECIPE: HONEY-LEMON ROAST LAMB WITH MINT AND GARLIC
HOLI GINGERBREAD LAMB RECIPE - BBC FOOD
LAMB SHOULDER SLOW COOKED WITH SOY, LEMON & GARLIC
SLOW ROASTED LAMB WITH GINGER, GARLIC AND GIN. - PALEO WITH CREAM
ROASTED LAMB WITH GINGER - 1 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
LEMON GINGER LAMB CHOPS RECIPE BY TRUSTED.CHEF | IFOOD.TV
LAMB LEG ROAST WITH LEMON & GARLIC RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
ROASTED LAMB WITH LEMON POTATOES - JAMIE GELLER
EASTER RECIPE: HONEY-LEMON ROAST LAMB WITH MINT AND GARLIC
LAMB WITH LEMON GRASS AND GINGER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ROAST LAMB WITH GINGER GLAZE | TESCO REAL FOOD
LAMB CHUMP ROAST | GINGER & ROSEMARY GLAZE | THE SCOTCH KITCHEN
ROAST LAMB WITH GINGER PARSLEY CRUST RECIPES | GOODTO
ROASTED LEMON AND GINGER CHICKEN - FOOD WINE AND LOVE
SUCCULENT GREEK LAMB SHOULDER ROAST WITH LEMON POTATOES
LEMON-HERB ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #lamb-sheep #oven #refrigerator #roast #food-processor-blender #stove-top #dietary #meat #equipment #small-appliance #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook lamb tenderloin with Rosemary and lemon?Grate the lemon zest into a small bowl (reserve the lemon). Add the rosemary, 1 tablespoon salt and 2 teaspoons pepper. Rub the mixture all over the lamb. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
What is the best way to cook a lamb roast?Preheat the oven to 425˚ F. Set a rack in a roasting pan and set the lamb fat-side up on the rack. Cut the reserved lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the lamb; drizzle with the olive oil and rub all over to coat. Add the lemon halves to the pan. Roast until the fat on the lamb starts to sizzle, about 20 minutes.
What is the best way to prepare lamb leg fillets?Combine garlic, parsley, thyme, olive oil, anchovy, zest and salt in a food processor (or with mortar and pestle) and mix until it forms a paste. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Slice 12 to 18 deep slits all over the leg meat using a sharp paring knife.
How do you cook lamb so it falls off the bone?Remove the foil, baste the lamb and turn the heat up to 190ºC degrees for 30 mins or until lamb is brown and crispy and falling off the bone. Serve shredded lamb in the middle of a table with brioche buns, slaw and chipotle mayo and let everyone make their own sandwiches.