GREEK ZUCCHINI & FETA BAKE
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the zucchini, half of the onions and 1/2 teaspoon oregano; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining vegetables. Return previously cooked vegetables to pan. Stir in salt and pepper. Cool slightly., In a large bowl, whisk eggs and baking powder until blended; whisk in yogurt and flour just until blended. Stir in cheese, parsley and zucchini mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika., Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231 calories, Fat 13g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 128mg cholesterol, Sodium 583mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
BRIAM (GREEK BAKED ZUCCHINI AND POTATOES)
Briam is a traditional Greek roasted vegetable dish with potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, and red onions with lots of olive oil. It is a typical example of Greek cuisine where a few simple ingredients are turned into an utterly delicious dish with little effort. It can be served as a main course. With olive oil as the only source of fat it is a quintessential example of the Mediterranean diet, and it is vegan to boot. If preferred, serve with a hearty chunk of feta on the side.
Provided by Diana Moutsopoulos
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spread potatoes, zucchini, and red onions in a 9x13-inch baking dish, or preferably a larger one. Use 2 baking dishes if necessary. Cover with pureed tomatoes, olive oil, parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss all ingredients together so that the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring after 1 hour, until vegetables are tender and moisture has evaporated, about 90 minutes. Cool slightly before serving, or serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 533.8 calories, Carbohydrate 65.8 g, Fat 28.3 g, Fiber 12.5 g, Protein 11.3 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 141.4 mg, Sugar 16.2 g
GREEK ZUCCHINI CAKES
- Combine the grated zucchini and kosher salt. Set aside for 5 minutes (no more, or it will be mush). Rinse in cold water and squeeze dry in a kitchen towel or press in a strainer or colander until dry.
- Combine the cheese, egg, green onions, flour, pine nuts, dill, oregano, garlic, and pepper in a large bowl; fold in the zucchini. Form into 24 small cakes (about 2 tablespoons of mixture for each) and saute in olive oil, turning once, until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a large piece of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray. Layer the zucchini, onion, pepper, and olives onto the center. Sprinkle with feta cheese, and drizzle with vinaigrette. Fold into a packet and seal the edges.
- Bake in preheated oven until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Open the foil packet, turn the oven onto Broil, and broil until the feta lightly browns. Add the grape tomatoes and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143.2 calories, Carbohydrate 8.4 g, Cholesterol 14 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 792 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
GREEK FETA CASSEROLE
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. , In a bowl, combine the egg, milk and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir in macaroni. Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish. In a skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and cinnamon., Pour over macaroni mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 12-16 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 442 calories, Fat 25g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 199mg cholesterol, Sodium 649mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
GREEK ZUCCHINI SALAD WITH CRUMBLED FETA
This is from the May 2007 issue of Vegetarian Times. Cut the zucchini in ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Note marination time.
Provided by dicentra
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic in large serving bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini and onion, and toss to coat. Cover and marinate overnight, or up to 2 days.
- Sprinkle with feta, green onions, mint and parsley just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162.3, Fat 14.8, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 11.1, Sodium 148.5, Carbohydrate 6, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 2.8, Protein 3
More about "greek zucchini feta bake recipes"
GREEK ZUCCHINI & FETA BAKE | EGGLAND'S BEST
Servings 12Total Time 30 mins
GREEK ZUCCHINI & FETA BAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
3.7/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 77 per serving
GREEK ZUCCHINI & FETA BAKE RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
EASY GREEK BAKED FETA RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
KOLOKITHOKEFTEDES (GREEK ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH FETA)
GREEK ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH FETA - THE GREEK FOODIE
5 DELICIOUS GREEK ZUCCHINI RECIPES - OLIVE TOMATO
KOLOKITHOKEFTEDES — GREEK BAKED ZUCCHINI PATTIES
GREEK SAVOURY ZUCCHINI CAKE WITH POTATO & FETA
GREEK ZUCCHINI PIE WITH FILO & FETA CHEESE …
ZUCCHINI BAKE WITH FETA AND THYME – KALYN'S KITCHEN
GREEK ZUCCHINI FETA BAKE: A DELICIOUS RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
Servings 12Total Time 45 mins
GREEK ZUCCHINI AND FETA BAKE RECIPES - TUTDEMY.COM
10+ EASY VEGGIE BREAKFAST RECIPES | EATINGWELL
EASY GREEK FETA TRAYBAKE RECIPE (GLUTEN-FREE AND VEGETARIAN)
10 BEST BAKED ZUCCHINI WITH FETA CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ZUCCHINI AND FETA CHEESE PIE (KOLOKITHOPITA) - VICKI'S GREEK RECIPES
TRADITIONAL GREEK KOLOKITHOKEFTEDES (FRIED ZUCCHINI/COURGETTE …
KOLOKITHOPITA - GREEK ZUCCHINI PIE RECIPE - EATING EUROPEAN
GREEK ZUCCHINI & FETA BAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
GREEK-STYLE ROASTED ZUCCHINI WITH FETA CHEESE | SWEET CAYENNE
BAKED GREEK SQUASH AND FETA - PLAIN CHICKEN
ZUCCHINI AND FETA FRITTERS: GREEK-STYLE BAKED BEAUTIES - THE SOUTH …
GREEK ZUCCHINI & FETA BAKE - VISUALIZATION WOMAN
GREEK ZUCCHINI & FETA BAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
ZUCCHINI PIE WITH FETA (CRETE) - MEDITERRANEAN LIVING
GREEK ZUCCHINI BAKE | READY SET EAT
CRUSTLESS ZUCCHINI PIE WITH FETA (GLUTEN-FREE) - REAL GREEK RECIPES
ZUCCHINI QUICHE CRUSTLESS RECIPE | BATZINA GREEK ZUCCHINI PIE
AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI FRITTERS - HERBS & FLOUR
GREEK ZUCCHINI & FETA BAKE | RECIPE | EGGLAND'S BEST | ZUCCHINI FETA ...
GREEK ZUCCHINI & FETA BAKE | RECIPE | ZUCCHINI FETA, VEGETARIAN ...
10 BEST BAKED ZUCCHINI WITH FETA CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED GREEK OMELETTE WITH ZUCCHINI (SFOUGATO) - VICKI'S GREEK …
GREEK NO CRUST ZUCCHINI PIE - KOLOKITHOPITA - THE GREEK FOODIE
ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE WITH MINCED MEAT AND FETA: GREEK RECIPE
GREEK STYLE SAUTéED ZUCCHINI WITH FETA - OLIVE TOMATO
FETA & PARMESAN ZUCCHINI BAKE - MY KITCHEN ESCAPADES
GREEK ZUCCHINI & FETA BAKE - COOKING WITH PAYNE
GREEK ZUCCHINI FRITTERS (KOLOKITHOKEFTEDES) - CAROLINE'S COOKING
EGGPLANT RECIPE, A GREEK DIET DELIGHT
EASY ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a zucchini bread?In a large bowl, whisk eggs and baking powder until blended; whisk in yogurt and flour just until blended. Stir in cheese, parsley and zucchini mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
What to do with Greek zucchini fritters?They can go perfectly as a side to any of these dishes: Greek Zucchini Fritters with Feta, called 'Kolokithokeftedes' are a perfect pairing of fresh, summer zucchinis, feta cheese and tons of fresh herbs, like dill and mint. Simply put, they taste like summer in Greece.
What is in a Greek feta tray bake?Made with feta, olives, eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper and onion it's super healthy and the leftovers are great for lunch. Delicious fresh from the oven or the next day, this Easy Greek Feta Traybake is the perfect cook-ahead lunch box filler.
What do zucchini and feta cheese taste like?They’re a perfect pairing of fresh, summer zucchinis, feta cheese and tons of fresh herbs, like dill and mint. Simply put, they taste like summer in Greece. If you doubt me, then make them and you’ll get it.