SESAME GREEN BEAN SALAD
Someone asks for the recipe for this chilled salad every time I make it. It's a refreshing salad that's great for potlucks and other get-togethers. -Terri McKay of New Bern, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; pat dry. Place in a serving bowl., In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, canola oil, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil and salt. Pour over beans and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds; toss again. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 65 calories, Fat 3g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 238mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SESAME GREEN BEANS
- Steam green beans covered in 1/2-inch boiling water for 2 minutes. Transfer beans to a colander and run under cold water. Drain well.
- Heat a wok shaped skillet or large nonstick frying pan over high heat. Go once-around-the-pan with wok or vegetable oil, add several drops sesame oil, and crushed pepper flakes. The pan will smoke. Add beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add sesame seeds and coarse salt and toss to coat beans evenly.
JAPANESE-STYLE SESAME GREEN BEANS
I discovered this dish at my mother-in-law's house during a family holiday buffet. Her being Japanese, she had many friends who brought wonderful Japanese dishes, and this was and has remained one of my favorites. It's light and fresh any time of the year.
Provided by Cooking_Muse
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Warm a large skillet or wok over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, pour in canola and sesame oils, then place whole green beans into the skillet. Stir the beans to coat with oil. Cook until the beans are bright green and slightly browned in spots, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in soy sauce; cover, and let sit about 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97.1 calories, Carbohydrate 8.9 g, Fat 6.6 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 232.5 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
GARLIC-SESAME GREEN BEANS
Sauteed bits of garlic and shallot, with a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds, turn ordinary beans into something special. Keep the recipe in mind for your garden crop in summer. -Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a Dutch oven, bring 10 cups water to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until tender. , Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat oils over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender., Drain green beans and return to Dutch oven. Add shallot mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 67 calories, Fat 3g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 305mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GREEN BEAN AND TOMATO SALAD
This simple summer salad pairs beautifully with practically any grilled meat or fish, and it's quite easy to make. Just blanch the green beans until crisp tender, then toss with wedges of ripe tomato and a bright vinaigrette of Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, garlic, shallots and olive oil. A shower of chopped fresh basil across the top finishes it off.
Provided by Pierre Franey
Categories easy, quick, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Trim ends of beans and leave them whole.
- Drop beans into a saucepan with salted boiling water. Cook until crisp tender, about 3 to 5 minutes according to the size of the beans. Do not overcook. Drain and let cool.
- Cut away the core of each tomato, and cut it into wedges.
- In a salad bowl, add mustard, vinegar, shallots, garlic, oil, salt and pepper and blend with a wire whisk. Add beans and tomatoes, toss well. Sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 200, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 778 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE SALAD
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a bowl with ice water and set aside.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook until bright green and tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer the green beans to the ice bath to stop the cooking. Drain the beans and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the mushrooms, shallot, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the cheese and stir to melt. Turn the heat off and add the mixture to the bowl with the green beans. Toss until everything is creamy and thoroughly combined. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss to combine. Top with the fried onions. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.
SESAME GREEN-BEAN SALAD
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Place in a bowl and toss with the sesame seeds, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Divide among 4 plates and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 115, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 560 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GREEN BEAN SALAD WITH HOT MUSTARD DRESSING
Hot mustard powder brings a sharp, spicy twist to traditional mustard vinaigrette, which complements sweet green beans well. The beans are blanched until crisp-tender, then tossed in the vinaigrette while still hot. As the beans cool, they absorb all the flavors of mild shallot, fragrant garlic, tangy rice vinegar and hot mustard. Rich, roasted pecans add nutty sweetness to balance the spicy dressing. Though the salad can be made a few hours ahead, you'll want to top it with the nuts right before serving to preserve their crunch. The beans themselves can be served at room temperature or chilled.
Provided by Kay Chun
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large bowl, combine mustard powder and 2 tablespoons of very hot water; mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes to bloom. Add oil, shallot, rice vinegar, ginger, sugar and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth, then stir in scallions.
- Once the water is boiling, add the green beans and blanch them until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to the large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and toss until evenly coated in the dressing. Let cool, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer beans to a serving bowl or platter. Serve at room temperature or chilled, and top with the pecans.
ASIAN GREEN BEAN SALAD
- Place green beans in a pot with water to cover; bring to a boil. Cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes; drain.
- Combine green beans, sugar, soy sauce, oil, mirin, and sweet chile sauce in a bowl. Mix thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes to 4 hours. Mix in sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.1 calories, Carbohydrate 26.3 g, Fat 13.6 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 923.8 mg, Sugar 17.1 g
SPICY SESAME NOODLE, GREEN BEAN, AND CARROT SALAD
- Stir first 8 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Let stand 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer beans to cold water to cool. Drain well. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Return water to boil. Add pasta and cook until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Drain. Rinse pasta under cold water. Drain well.
- Combine green beans, pasta, carrots, green onions and dressing in large bowl. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill.)
GREEN BEAN AND SESAME SALAD
This recipe hails from Bastyr Center for Natural Health newsletter - Summer/Fall 2006. It's simple and abundant in nutrients!
Provided by BelovedRooster
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1 3-qt. saucepan, bring 2 qts water to a boil. cook beans until barely tender. Drain and chill in water to cease cooking. Drain again and pat dry.
- In a dry skillet over medium-high heat, cook sesame seeds, stirring constantly, until lightly browned. Set aside.
- To make dressing, whisk miso, tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper together until smooth. Add cilantro.
- Mix beans, sesame seeds and 1/2-3/4 cup of miso dressing. Any extra miso dressing can be kept refigerated for up to a month.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278.5, Fat 21.2, SaturatedFat 3, Sodium 36.9, Carbohydrate 18.3, Fiber 6.9, Sugar 1.3, Protein 9.3
More about "green bean and sesame salad recipes"
GREEN BEAN SALAD WITH SESAME & SOY - HEALTHY, QUICK
5/5 (5)Total Time 10 minsCategory Salad, Side DishCalories 97 per serving
- Trim the beans. Blanch in boiling water or cook in a microwave for 1-2 minutes until crisp-tender. Plunge into cold water.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients except the sesame seeds, and pour over the beans. Add the seeds and gently mix everything together.
10 BEST COLD GREEN BEAN SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
GREEN BEAN AND SESAME SEED SALAD RECIPE | DELICIOUS.
GREEN BEAN SALAD WITH TOASTED ALMONDS & FETA
GREEN BEAN GARLIC SESAME SALAD (凉拌豆角) | ASIAN …
GREEN BEAN AND CHICKPEA SALAD WITH SESAME DRESSING
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
GREEN BEAN SALAD JAMIE OLIVER - THERESCIPES.INFO
SESAME GARLIC GREEN BEANS RECIPE - RACHEL B THE RD
SESAME GINGER GREEN BEAN SALAD - THE CAFé SUCRE FARINE
BOHNENSALAT (GERMAN GREEN BEAN SALAD) - THE DARING GOURMET
MIXED GREEN SALAD WITH CREAMY SESAME DRESSING - THE MOM 100
SESAME GREEN BEAN SALAD - GLOBAL KITCHEN TRAVELS
GARLIC GREEN BEANS WITH CRISPY GROUND BEEF RECIPE | EATINGWELL
GREEN BEAN & SESAME SALAD | BASTYR UNIVERSITY
NEPALI GREEN BEAN-SESAME SALAD – DOLISKA.COM
RECIPE: GREEN BEAN AND SESAME NOODLE SALAD | CARY MAGAZINE
GREEN BEAN & TOMATO SALAD WITH LIME & SESAME DRESSING RECIPE
ITALIAN GREEN BEAN SALAD - MANGIA BEDDA
SESAME CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE - GREEN BEAN BLOG
GREEN BEAN SESAME SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
FRESH GREEN BEAN SALAD WITH ASIAN DRESSING - TASTE AND TELL
NEPALI GREEN BEAN-SESAME SALAD | TOGETHER WOMEN RISE
COLD GARLIC AND SOY GREEN BEANS - TABLE FOR TWO® BY JULIE CHIOU
5 EASY BEAN SALAD RECIPE IDEAS | QUICK AND EASY BEAN SALAD RECIPES
SESAME GREEN BEAN EGG SALAD | THE ORGANIC CENTER
SESAME GINGER GREEN BEAN SALAD - HALF LEMONS
GREEN BEAN SESAME SALAD - FOUR INGREDIENTS | FAIRFOODS
SESAME GREEN BEAN SALAD - COOKEATSHARE
SESAME ROASTED GREEN BEANS - EASY SIDE DISH - BUDGET BYTES
SESAME GREEN BEAN SALAD – AUNT MOMO'S
GREEN BEAN AND SESAME SEED SALAD | RECIPE - PINTEREST
SESAME GREEN BEAN SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
You'll also love