GREEK GRILLED CHICKEN PITAS
I switched up my mom's recipe to create this tasty pita pocket variation. It's delicious and perfect for warm days, with a creamy cucumber sauce that goes great with fresh, crunchy veggies. -Blair Lonergan, Rochelle, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Marinate chicken in vinaigrette, covered, in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; chill until serving., Drain and discard marinade. If grilling the chicken, lightly oil the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until a thermometer reads 170°, 4-7 minutes on each side., Cut chicken into strips. Fill each pita half with chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and cheese; drizzle with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 428 calories, Fat 14g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 801mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
MARINATED CHICKEN PITA SANDWICH
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper in a large resealable bag. Add chicken cubes, mix well, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator 3 hours or overnight.
- Pour the chicken and marinade into a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink. Stuff each half of the pocket bread with chicken, onion, tomato, and yogurt; serve while still hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459.7 calories, Carbohydrate 28.1 g, Cholesterol 39.6 mg, Fat 30.3 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 19.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 819.2 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
GRILLED CHICKEN CLUB PITAS
Why heat up the kitchen on warm Indian summer evenings when you can take dinner in hand with these hearty chicken pitas from Lynne Ziegler in Odenton, Maryland? LYNNE'S TIP: I also roll up the chicken strips in flour tortillas and serve as grab-and-go wrap sandwiches. Serve any leftover chicken with mixed greens and the last of the garden tomatoes in lunch salads the next day.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey, mustard and seasoning blend; set aside 3 tablespoons. Pour remaining mixture in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate reserved mayonnaise mixture until serving., Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into 1-in. strips., Spread reserved mayonnaise mixture over pita breads; top with the lettuce, chicken, bacon and cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511 calories, Fat 15g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 98mg cholesterol, Sodium 759mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 43g protein.
GRILLED CHICKEN PITA SANDWICH
- In a medium bowl, combine all chicken ingredients together and allow to marinate at least 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and slice about 1/4- to 1/2-inch thin.
- Pour 3 to 4 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium frying pan. Heat to a medium-high and add chicken. Cook chicken for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally for even cooking.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken with veggies. Add desired sauce or condiment. Use desired amount.
- Heat pita loaves in oven or microwave. Stuff pita with chicken and veggies.
- Serve immediately with french fries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 661 kcal, Carbohydrate 53 g, Cholesterol 193 mg, Fiber 4 g, Protein 79 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 583 mg, Sugar 7 g, Fat 13 g, ServingSize 2 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CHICKEN CAESAR PITAS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a saucepan with garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary; add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat medium-low, cover, and simmer until chicken is tender and no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. Remove chicken, let cool, and cut into strips.
- Meanwhile, place bread cubes on a baking sheet. Spray with butter spray; sprinkle with garlic salt and parsley.
- Bake bread cubes in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Turn cubes; spray again with butter spray and sprinkle with garlic salt and parsley. Bake another 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown and crunchy. Remove croutons, and let cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly browned and crispy. Remove bacon from skillet, drain on paper towels and crumble.
- Combine chicken, bacon, lettuce, and croutons in a large bowl. Toss with Caesar salad dressing and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss again. Spoon salad mixture into pita bread halves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 562.2 calories, Carbohydrate 36.6 g, Cholesterol 77.2 mg, Fat 33.5 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 26.4 g, SaturatedFat 8.8 g, Sodium 1351.5 mg, Sugar 2 g
MIDDLE EASTERN GRILLED CHICKEN PITA SANDWICHES WITH YOGURT MINT SAUCE
- Make the marinade:
- In a bowl whisk together the yogurt, the lemon juice, the garlic paste, the thyme, and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the chicken, pricked in several places with a fork, in one layer in a large shallow dish, pour the marinade over it, and let the chicken marinate, covered and chilled, turning it once, for at least 3 hours or, preferably overnight
- Make the sauce:
- In a bowl whisk together the yogurt, the garlic paste, the lemon juice, the parsley, the mint, and salt and pepper to taste.
- On an oiled grill set about 6 inches over glowing coals or in an oiled ridged grill pan set over moderately high eat grill the chicken (discard the marinade) turning it, for 12 to 15 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through. While the chicken is cooking, in a skillet cook the onion in the oil over moderate heat, stirring, until it is softened and lightly golden. Remove the skillet from the heat, add the tomato and the sesame seeds, and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and cut it diagonally into thin slices. Cut off a small piece of each pita loaf to form an opening and heat the pita loaves on the grill, turning them once, for several seconds, or until they are just softened. Divide the chicken, the onion mixture, and the sauce among the pita loaves.
GRILLED CHICKEN PITA WITH YOGURT SAUCE AND ARUGULA
You might need a few common ingredients from the grocery store - chicken breast, cucumbers, yogurt, herbs - to make this satisfying pita sandwich, but it's not at all difficult to put together. It's a year-round favorite. If you're in the mood to bake, try making your own pita bread.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories lunch, sandwiches, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper and rub with a little olive oil. Bring to room temperature.
- Place a cast-iron pan or a stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add chicken breasts, lower heat to medium and cook gently for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until firm to the touch. (To keep meat moist, do not overcook.) Set aside to rest and cool to room temperature, then slice crosswise at a diagonal.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together yogurt, olives, cucumber, mint, parsley, garlic, oregano, sumac and red-pepper flakes. Season with salt to taste.
- Heat pita breads in toaster oven or a dry skillet over medium-high. Cut each pita in half to make half-moon pockets. Fill each pocket with chicken, yogurt sauce and arugula. Serve with extra sauce on the side.
GRILLED CHICKEN PITA SANDWICHES
Stuff pita with chicken breast strips for Grilled Chicken Pita Sandwiches! These tasty Grilled Chicken Pita Sandwiches can be made in just 10 minutes.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 4 servings, 1 filled pita half each.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Fill pita halves evenly with lettuce, chicken breast strips, tomatoes, onions and cucumbers.
- Top each with 1 Tbsp. of the dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 710 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 13 g
More about "grilled chicken pita sandwiches recipes"
EASY GRILLED CHICKEN PITA RECIPE - MUNCHKIN TIME
5/5 (1)Category Chicken Recipe, Lunch, SandwichCuisine GreekTotal Time 25 mins
- Combine all of the ingredients inside the bowl, marinate over the night or at least 1 hour. Grill on high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side.
GRILLED CHICKEN PITAS | PAULA DEEN
Servings 20Total Time 20 mins
GRILLED CHICKEN PITA SANDWICHES RECIPE - MACHEESMO
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
GREEK GRILLED CHICKEN PITAS - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
GRILLED CHICKEN PITA WRAPS | CHICKEN.CA
GREEK SALAD PITA POCKETS WITH GRILLED CHICKEN - DELISH
TOP 9 GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST CHICKEN PITA SANDWICH RECIPES | YUMMLY
MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN PITAS RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
GRILLED CHICKEN PITA SANDWICHES RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
GRILLED CHICKEN PITAS WITH SESAME DRIZZLE RECIPE
20 MINUTE MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN PITA SANDWICH RECIPE - THE …
GRILLED CHICKEN AND MANGO PITAS - RICARDO
EASY GRILLED CHICKEN PITA RECIPE - MUNCHKIN TIME - PINTEREST
CHICKEN WITH PITA BREAD - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN PITA WITH JALAPEñO YOGURT - WITH SPICE
PITA GRILLED CHEESE - SANDWICHES - MANY SIMPLE RECIPES
21 BEST CHICKEN PITA RECIPES (ALL TYPES) - HOME STRATOSPHERE
GRILLED CHICKEN PITA - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
GRILLED CHICKEN PITA SANDWICH | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
GRILLED CHICKEN PITA - KARA'S GREEK
GRILLED GREEK CHICKEN PITAS WITH SIMPLE TZATZIKI SAUCE RECIPE
CHICKEN B'PITA (GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICHES) — THE AWAY CAFE
GRILLED CHICKEN & KALE PITA SANDWICH - MOMMY HATES COOKING
GREEK CHICKEN & CUCUMBER PITA SANDWICHES WITH YOGURT SAUCE …
GRILLED CHICKEN PITA ROLLS | METRO
CHICKEN AVOCADO PITA SANDWICH (HEALTHY CHICKEN PITAS)
10 BEST CHICKEN PITA SANDWICH RECIPES - YUMMLY
GRILLED CHICKEN CARIBBEAN PITA SANDWICH
GRILLED CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND PEPPER PITA SANDWICHES
GRILLED HALLOUMI PITA SANDWICHES RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
OUR FAVORITE GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
EASY GRILLED CHICKEN PITA RECIPE
GREEK GRILLED CHICKEN PITA RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
GRILLED ITALIAN CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PITA SANDWICHES
35 OF THE BEST IDEAS FOR PITA BREAD SANDWICH RECIPE
GRILLED VEGETABLE PITA SANDWICHES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED CHICKEN PITA POCKETS - ROTI N RICE
You'll also love