CHIPOTLE MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN
This is a great, smokey, spicy marinade for chicken or firm fish. The marinade itself is very spicy, not to be used as a sauce. But the end result has just a little kick, not overpowering.
Provided by Kevin Naughton
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place the chipotle peppers, garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, black pepper, cumin, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, honey, vinegar, and olive oil into a blender. Puree until no pieces of garlic remain. Pour 1/4 of the marinade into a small dish and set aside. Rub a pinch of kosher salt into each chicken drumstick and place into a resealable plastic bag. Pour in the marinade, shake, and seal. Marinade at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook the chicken legs on the preheated grill until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Once the legs are completely cooked, baste well with the remaining marinade, cover the grill, and cook and additional 2 minutes per side to glaze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267.7 calories, Carbohydrate 14.7 g, Cholesterol 37.8 mg, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 11.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 573.2 mg, Sugar 11.9 g
SMOKEY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN
- In a blender, combine the chipotles in adobo sauce, white onion, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice. Add a pinch of salt and pulse until combined. Remove to a large non-reactive bowl. Fold in 2 cups of mayonnaise. Taste and adjust seasonings. If it is too hot, add more mayonnaise. Reserve about 1/2 cup marinade for serving.
- Add the chicken pieces to the remaining marinade, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat half of a grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and place the chicken, bone-side down, in the center of the cooking grate. You do not need to turn the chicken pieces as they cook. Grill, with the grill cover down, until the breast meat near the bone registers 165 degrees F and the thigh meat registers 180 degrees F, about 45 minutes. If you don't have a meat thermometer, cook until no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the grill using tongs and a spatula to preserve the crust on top. Let sit 5 to 10 minutes before garnishing with whole cilantro leaves and serving with the reserved marinade and lime wedges alongside.
CHIPOTLE MARINADE FOR GRILLED CHICKEN
This makes a thick, delicious paste that coats the chicken with tons of flavor. I like to make more than one batch at a time, apportioned into quart-sized ziplocs containing enough marinade for two chicken breasts. I freeze my chicken in the same bag with the marinade; the night before I intend to grill, I put the whole bag in the fridge and let it defrost / marinade overnight and all through the next day. I like to serve some fresh, homemade pico de gallo on top. Note: When I open a new can of chipotles, I always freeze them individually with the adobo sauce split evenly among each "batch." Therefore, I'm not positive about the amount of adobo sauce I add, but the 1 tablespoon listed below is a decent approximation!
Provided by Robyns Cookin
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Add all ingredients into the work bowl of a food processor.
- Process until pureed.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl or ziploc bag, add chicken, and let sit in marinade overnight.
- Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes per side.
GRILLED CHIPOTLE MARINATED CHICKEN
This chicken is grilled after being marinated in a spicy marinade. The chipotle chiles give the marinade its smoky flavor. You can increase the heat to your liking with your favorite hot sauce. Habanero hot sauce works best, as very little is needed to increase the heat without changing the flavor of the marinade. I think mesquite charcoal works best as it enhances the flavor.
Provided by David Huntzinger
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place garlic, onion, chipotle peppers, and vinegar into a blender. Puree until smooth, then add water, lime juice, cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, and hot sauce. Blend until incorporated, then add Worcestershire until mixed. Pour marinade over chicken in a large bowl, and toss to coat. Cover, and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate. Remove chicken from marinade, and shake off excess; discard remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken until juices run clear, turning frequently, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341.6 calories, Carbohydrate 12.5 g, Cholesterol 97 mg, Fat 17.6 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 31.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 1159.6 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
GRILLED CHIPOTLE-CHICKEN QUESADILLAS
The "sauce" is what makes these quesadillas unique. Serve with Pico de gallo or your favorite salsa. Directions for both a grill or stovetop. From Sunset Magazine
Provided by cookiedog
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay chicken on a grill over medium heat (you can hold you hand 1 or 2 inches above grill level only 4 to 5 seconds) or put chicken in a grill pan over medium heat. Cook chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through (cut to check). Slice cooked chicken breasts into 1/4 in.-thick slices. Keep grill or grill pan hot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chipotle chile, sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Spread 1 tablespoon chipotle-lime sauce on each of the tortillas. Top 4 of the tortillas each with 1/2 cup cheese and a quarter of the chicken slices, then cover with the remaining tortillas (sauce side down). Put each quesadilla on a dinner plate.
- Slide quesadillas off the plates onto the grill over medium heat, or slide into a grill pan over medium heat (you may need to grill the tortillas in batches). Grill uncovered turning once, until cheese is melted and both sides are golden, about 2 minutes each side (use a large spatula and tongs to flip the quesadillas). If grilling in batches, keep finished quesadillas warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
- Slice each quesadilla into wedges and serve with salsa on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 508.5, Fat 27.8, SaturatedFat 13.8, Cholesterol 133.3, Sodium 473.1, Carbohydrate 22.6, Fiber 3, Sugar 1.3, Protein 41.9
SPICY CHIPOTLE GRILLED CHICKEN
- Combine chipotles in adobo, olive oil, and garlic cloves in processor; puree until paste forms. Add chopped onion, chopped cilantro, paprika, ground cumin, chili powder, and salt; process until onion is finely chopped. Transfer 1/4 cup chipotle mixture to small bowl; cover and refrigerate. Arrange chicken pieces in 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Spread remaining chipotle mixture all over chicken pieces. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Grill chicken until cooked through, moving to cooler part of grill as needed to prevent burning and brushing with reserved marinade during last 5 minutes of grilling, about 30 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter and serve.
- *Canned chipotle chiles in adobo are available at some supermarkets, at Latin markets, and from mexgrocer.com.
More about "grilled chipotle marinated chicken recipes"
DELICIOUS GRILLED CHIPOTLE MARINATED CHICKEN RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together theWorcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, water, and lime juice. Add in the garlic, onion, chipotle chillies in adobo, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Once the marinade is well combined, pour it over the chicken.
- Cover and marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour. The longer you marinate the chicken, the more flavorful it will be. We let ours marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, heat your oven to medium or medium-high heat (about 450-degrees F on the surface). Spray your grates with cooking spray so the chicken doesn’t stick.
- Cook the chicken 5-6 minutes per side over direct heat. Move the chicken to an area of the grill with indirect heat and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165-degrees F. Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes before serving or slicing.
EASY ALL PURPOSE CHIPOTLE CHICKEN - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- In a small bowl, whisk chicken rub ingredients together and rub evenly all over chicken breasts. Time permitting, allow chicken to sit for 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate up to 8 hours then bring to room temperature before cooking.*
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, add chicken and cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned (or blackened if you prefer) on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 5-7 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
MEXICAN GRILLED CHIPOTLE CHICKEN - FEASTING AT HOME
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Place marinade ingredients in a food processor and process into a paste. Place the chicken and marinade in a ziplock bag and massage well to mix and coat all sides well. (Or brush all sides well with marinade and place in a container.) Marinate 20 mins or up to 3 days.
- Grill each side of chicken 6-7 minutes, or until good grill marks appear. Lower heat and move chicken to cooler side of the grill and continue to grill until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165F.
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN RECIPE (CHIPOTLE LIME CHICKEN …
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients and pour into a sealable plastic bag or large dish. Add the chicken to the plastic bag or dish and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Bring the extra marinade (left in the bag) to a boil in a small saucepan and reduce to a simmer for a couple minutes until thickened. For a smooth sauce, transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
COPYCAT CHIPOTLE'S MEXICAN GRILL CHICKEN & MARINADE …
4/5 (4)Calories 422 per servingTotal Time 5 hrs
CHIPOTLE GRILLED CHICKEN | GET INSPIRED EVERYDAY!
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Whisk together all ingredients for the marinade. Place the chicken in the marinade and turn to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes, overnight is better.
- Turn the grill down to medium. To get the grill marks, rotate the chicken 45 degrees and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
EASY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN MARINADE + SAUCE | SWEET PEAS …
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy duty freezer bag or reusable silicone bag. Smoosh the bag together with your hands to mix everything up. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat in marinade.
- If freezing, place in the freezer immediately. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or by immersing the bag in a bowl of cold water for a couple of hours.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Bake chicken in a shallow baking dish for 10 minutes, flip over, then bake for another 12-17 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
EASY GRILLED CHIPOTLE CHICKEN - EASY WRAP RECIPES
Cuisine ChickenCategory BasicsServings 4Total Time 11 mins
SPICY GRILLED CHIPOTLE MARINATED CHICKEN THIGHS …
5/5 Ratings 2Reviews 1Cuisine American
- Seal the bag, removing as much air as possible.â¨â¨Shake the bag up to ensure evenly coated chicken.
- Allow chicken to marinate, refrigerated, for 2-24 hours until ready to grill.â¨â¨Prepare grill for medium-high heat. â¨â¨Remove chicken from the marinade and pour the marinade into a small saucepan.
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN (COPYCAT) - CULINARY HILL
- To the bowl of a food processor or blender, add red onion, garlic, adobo sauce, ancho chile powder, olive oil, cumin, dried oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Blend until smooth. Pour into a measuring cup and add water to reach 1 cup.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet until shimmering. Add chicken to the pan and cook, turning occasionally, until the temperature reaches 165 degrees on an internal thermometer. Depending on the size of your skillet, you can cook the chicken in batches.
- Preheat over medium-high heat. Coat with 2 tablespoons oil. Grill the chicken in batches, turning occasionally until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees on a thermometer and bits of caramelized fond have begun to cling to the outside of the chicken, 10 to 15 minutes. Add 1 - 2 tablespoons oil to your grilling surface between batches.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking dish with oil or nonstick spray and arrange chicken in a single layer. Cover with parchment paper, tucking the paper around the chicken so it is completely covered. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the chicken reaches 165 degrees when tested with an internal thermometer.
CHIPOTLE HONEY MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS -- …
- In a food processor add the chipotle, orange juice, honey, garlic, salt, and olive oil. Pulse until everything is blended and combined.
- Place the other half of the marinade in a large gallon size bag and add the chicken. Mix together. Seal tight, and place in a large bowl and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 4.
SPICY CHICKEN MARINADE (CHIPOTLE GRILLED CHICKEN) …
- Follow the Notes below to match the ingredient quantities to your preferred taste (how spicy you want your chicken).
- Pour marinade over 2lbs of fresh or defrosted boneless skinless chicken thighs in a 1 gallon food storage bag.
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN MARINADE (EASY CHIPOTLE LIME …
- Combine adobo sauce, olive oil, lime juice, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Stir together.
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN (PERFECT COPYCAT RECIPE!) - DINNER, …
- Add all the ingredients together (save 2 tablespoons of oil) in a large ziplock bag (removing as much air as possible), mixing it well together after closing, and marinate for at least 6 hours.
- Remove from marinade and add to a medium high heat grill and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through then chop roughly.
- Add chopped chicken and 2 tablespoons of oil to a large pan on medium high heat to crisp for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
HOW TO MAKE COPYCAT CHIPOTLE CHICKEN RECIPE AT HOME
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
GRILLED CHIPOTLE CHICKEN | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
GRILLED CHIPOTLE CHICKEN - WENDY POLISI
GRILLED CHIPOTLE MARINATED CHICKEN- TFRECIPES
GRILLED CHIPOTLE MARINATED CHICKEN | RECIPE | …
GRILLED CHIPOTLE MARINATED CHICKEN | RECIPE | …
GRILLED CHIPOTLE MARINATED CHICKEN - WHOLE CHICKEN …
CHIPOTLE MARINATED CHICKEN + A GIVEAWAY
GRILLED CHIPOTLE LIME CHICKEN — EATWELL101
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can You marinate chicken in chipotle sauce?Make the flavorful chipotle marinade by blending the marinade ingredients into a paste in the food processor. Using canned chipotles along with the adobo sauce gives this the best flavor! Place the chicken and marinade in a ziplock bag and massage the marinade into the chicken.
How to cook chicken on a charcoal grill with marinade?Add chicken to the Marinade, make sure to stir and coat the chicken evenly. Marinate for at least 2 hours. Fire up the grill, brush a little bit of the Marinade plus the garlic, cilantro and jalapeno on top of the chicken and grill them until they turn golden brown and charred on both sides.
What is Chipotle marinade made of?Marinades use oils, herbs and spices to amplify flavor and to tenderize. This technique can be used on chicken, pork, beef and vegetables too. This Chipotle chicken marinade has a familiar list of ingredients– chipotle chili powder, dried oregano, and cumin can be found in multiple Chipotle menu items.
How do you make a Chipotle Chicken Salad?Place the chipotle peppers, garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, black pepper, cumin, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, honey, vinegar, and olive oil into a blender. Puree until no pieces of garlic remain. Pour 1/4 of the marinade into a small dish and set aside. Rub a pinch of kosher salt into each chicken drumstick...