GRILLED BALSAMIC-MARINATED LONDON BROIL WITH RED ONIONS
- Marinate steak and prepare onions:
- Stir together garlic, 3 tablespoons vinegar, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and pour into a 1-quart sealable plastic bag.
- Add steak to marinade, turning to coat, and marinate, chilled, turning bag occasionally, at least 4 hours.
- Bring to room temperature, then remove steak from marinade and discard marinade.
- Trim root ends of onions slightly, leaving them intact, then halve lengthwise and cut halves lengthwise into 3/4-inch-thick wedges. Insert 1 wooden pick horizontally through each wedge (to keep it intact while grilling). Whisk together remaining tablespoon vinegar and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl and add onions, tossing gently to coat.
- To cook steak using a charcoal grill:
- Open vents on bottom of grill. Light a large chimney starter of charcoal (80 to 100 briquettes) and pour lit charcoal onto bottom rack, leaving about one quarter of bottom rack free of charcoal and banking remaining coals across rest of bottom rack so that coals are about 3 times higher on opposite side. Charcoal fire is medium-hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above thickest layer of coals for 3 to 4 seconds. 3Sear steak on lightly oiled grill rack over thickest layer of coals, uncovered, 1 minute on each side, then move steak to area over fewer coals and grill, uncovered, turning occasionally and moving to coolest area of grill if browning too quickly, until thermometer inserted horizontally 2 inches into meat registers 120°F, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let stand 10 minutes (steak will continue to cook, reaching medium-rare).
- To cook steak using a gas grill:
- Preheat all burners on high, covered, 10 minutes.
- Sear steak on lightly oiled grill rack, uncovered, 1 minute on each side, then reduce heat to moderate. Grill steak, covered, turning occasionally, until thermometer inserted horizontally 2 inches into meat registers 120°F, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let stand 10 minutes (steak will continue to cook, reaching medium-rare).
- To grill onions by either method:
- While steak is standing, grill onions (covered only if using a gas grill) over moderate heat, turning over once, until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Serve onions with steak; cut steak crosswise into thin slices, holding knife at a 45-degree angle.
GRILLED LONDON BROIL WITH BALSAMIC MARINADE
After several failed attempts I finally got the right amount of each ingredient and this combination turned out to be a winner! *I save some of the boiled extra marinade to drizzle on the the serving platter before adding my slices. Can be served on the side as well. Pictures to come:)
Provided by Sue Adame
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Place London Broil in a glass dish. Pierce with fork (both sides). Rub both sides with olive oil.
- 2. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour over London Broil. Cover and refrigerate 6 or more hours. Turning every 1-2 hours. Let sit at room temperature 30 minutes before grilling.
- 3. While it is resting bring the extra marinade to a boil for 2 minutes. While grilling baste the meat with the marinade. *(see personal notes for extra marinade ideas)
- 4. Grill (Charcoal) over medium heat for 7 to 9 minutes per side. Grill until the internal temperature reads at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the meat rest for about 10 minutes before slicing
MARINATED GRILLED LONDON BROIL
- Combine the shallots, thyme, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and oil in a freezer-type zip-top plastic bag. Add the steaks. Squeeze out as much air as possible and seal the bag. Place the bag in a medium bowl in the refrigerator to marinate overnight, turning bag several times for even coating.
- Heat a grill.
- Drain the steaks, reserving the marinade. There will not be much. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan. Rinse the bag with 1/4 cup water and add to marinade. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes and stir in the butter.
- Grill steaks to medium-rare, about 2 minutes each side.
- Let stand 4 to 5 minutes before slicing. Thinly slice at an angle across the grain, which runs up and down the short side of the steak. Bring the marinade-butter mixture back to a boil, pour over the meat, and serve immediately.
GRILLED MARINATED LONDON BROIL
For an ultra-flavorful main, make this Grilled Marinated London Broil from Food Network. The meat's marinated for hours in balsamic vinegar, honey and garlic.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mince the garlic to a paste with salt and in a blender blend with the salt, red wine, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and honey.
- In a heavy-duty sealable plastic bag, combine London broil with marinade. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and put in a shallow baking dish. Marinate steak, chilled, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours and up to 24.
- Bring steak to room temperature before grilling. Remove steak from marinade, letting excess drip off, and grill on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals, 7 to 9 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.
- Holding a knife at a 45-degree angle, cut steak across grain into thin slices and serve with tomatoes.
More about "grilled london broil with balsamic marinade recipes"
EASY LONDON BROIL MARINADE RECIPE - JUST 4 INGREDIENTS ...
5/5 (21)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 4 hrs 20 mins
- In a bowl, combine Balsamic vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Place London Broil in a zip lock bag. Pour marinade into bag, making sure to coat and massage the steak with marinade. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight and/or all day.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Using tongs, pull steak out of ziplock bag and place on broiler pan. Spoon over about 2 tablespoons of marinade over steak.
- Place in oven a cook for approximately 5-7 minutes per side (for a 1 inch steak) for medium. Add more time for a thicker steak or if you like it more well done (I recommend medium rare – medium for most tender).
- Once steak is done cooking, let rest on cutting board for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Make sure to slice against the grain (click here for a demo).
THE BEST MARINATED LONDON BROIL ON THE GRILL | IT IS A KEEPER
5/5 (2)Total Time 24 hrs 25 minsCategory Main DishCalories 428 per serving
- In a large zipper bag add the vegetable oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, Italian seasoning blend and crushed red pepper.
GRILLED MARINATED LONDON BROIL RECIPE - HEY GRILL, HEY
4.8/5 (9)Calories 315 per servingCategory Main Dish
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a zip top gallon bag or a large lidded container. Submerge the steak in the marinade and press all of the air out of the bag. Massage and turn the bag over several times to ensure the meat is coated. Marinate for 2 hours at least, or overnight for better flavor.
- Preheat your grill to 450 degrees F for direct heat cooking. Sear the steak for approximately 4-6 minutes per side, rotating regularly, until the internal temperature reads 130-135 degrees F for medium rare.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain and serving. I like to sprinkle with a little more coarse salt and some fresh cracked black pepper right before serving.
GRILLED LONDON BROIL RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 6 hrs 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 257 per serving
- Add the chili peppers, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, sugar and seasonings to a food processor. Process until very smooth.
- Score the London Broil on both sides with a crosshatching pattern, about ¼ inch deep to allow the marinade to penetrate the meat.
- Add the meat to a large baggie or into a dish and pour the marinade over it. Rub the marinade into the meat and cover.
BALSAMIC ROSEMARY LONDON BROIL RECIPE - SUPER SAFEWAY
5/5 (1)Servings 6Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Course
- In a medium bowl whisk to combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Place London broil in a gallon sized zip top bag and pour marinade in to cover. Put beef in refrigerator and let marinade 8 to 24 hours.
- Remove beef from refrigerator and let come to room temperature (about 30 minutes). Preheat grill to 350º-400º. Place beef on grill for 9 minutes. Flip beef and cook for an additional 9-11 minutes, until an internal temperature of 130º is reached for medium rare.
- Remove from grill. Tent loosely with aluminum foil and let rest 10-15 minutes. Slice thinly and serve.
LONDON BROIL MARINADE RECIPE AND GRILLING TIPS - GRILL ...
5/5 (3)Category Main CourseServings 4Calories 338 per serving
- Pieces of beef that are tough when cooked, usually because they are so lean, are cooked using this method to make them tender and flavorful.
- Using a tenderizer mallet allows you to break down the fibers in the meat thus making it tender.
- The mallet leaves little holes in the meat so when you do sit it in a marinade, the liquid will penetrate it better.
MARINATED AND GRILLED LONDON BROIL RECIPE — THE MOM 100
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 6Total Time 25 mins
- In a container, combine the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper (go lightly on the salt because of the soy sauce).
- Tenderize the meat if possible (this is where I used the cool OXO gadget; if you wanted to pound it a bit or score it with a knife, or use another method of tenderizing please do).
- Poured the marinade over the meat. Cover, and marinate the meat for 6 to 24 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat a grill to high. Grill the steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side, basting it with the marinade left in the bowl or container.
LONDON BROIL WITH BALSAMIC MARINADE RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
GRILLED LONDON BROIL WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (3)Total Time 18 minsCategory SteakCalories 617 per serving
GRILLED LONDON BROIL RECIPE (JUICY AND TENDER) PLATING PIXELS
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Entree, GrilledCalories 341 per serving
- Stir together all ingredients except for steak in a large Ziplock bag. Note: you can skip steps 1 and 2, and use steak seasoning if desired.
- Remove steak from the fridge and bring it to room temperature, about 30-45 minutes, before cooking.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat, about 500° F. Place steaks on lightly greased grill at a 45° to the grates, close lid, and grill 2-3 minutes until bottoms are seared. Rotate 90° and continue to grill 2-3 minutes to create cross-hatch grill marks.
GRILLED MARINATED LONDON BROIL - RECIPES | BLUE JEAN CHEF
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 24 hrs 40 minsCategory EntréesCalories 258 per serving
- Tenderize the steak by piercing the meat with a needle tenderizer, a fork or a paring knife all over both sides of the top round beef. Generously season both sides of the meat with salt and freshly ground black pepper and place the steak into a zipper sealable plastic bag or non-reactive container.
- Make the marinade by whisking together the olive oil, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, garlic, thyme and parsley. Reserve and set aside ⅔ cup of the marinade to use as a basting sauce for grilling. Pour the rest of the marinade into the bag or container with the steak. Seal the bag or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Flip the meat over a few times during the marinating process.
- Place the reserved, unused marinade in a saucepan and simmer for a few minutes to reduce and thicken the sauce.
LONDON BROIL MARINADE FOR THE GRILL OR OVEN! - THE ...
Ratings 30Calories 321 per servingCategory Dinner
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients until completely combined. Pour marinade into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add London Broil to the bag, squeeze out all of the air, and seal the bag. Toss gently to coat the London Broil with the marinade.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for about 4 hours (or up to 2 days), tossing occasionally to redistribute marinade.
- Allow the meat to sit on the counter for about 30 minutes to come to room temperature. Remove meat from marinade and grill the meat for about 4 minutes per side over direct heat, then move to indirect heat until the meat reaches 125-130° F for rare, 135° F for medium-rare, or 145° F for medium. Transfer meat to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Cut meat diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
MARINATED GRILLED LONDON BROIL RECIPE - BEST BEEF RECIPES
4.8/5 (20)Calories 413 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, powdered ginger, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, garlic powder, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes. This is your marinade.
- Pour your marinade into a zip-lock bag, then add your London Broil steak. Shake well and refrigerate to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove your steak from the bag and set on a cutting board. DO NOT discard the marinade! You'll use it to make a sauce.Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste on both sides.
LONDON BROIL WITH BALSAMIC MARINADE | PRIMAL PALATE ...
Servings 4Carbohydrates 5 gCalories 336Calories 336 per serving
GRILLED LONDON BROIL WITH BALSAMIC FIG MARINADE - THE ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory DinnerServings 6Calories 238 per serving
SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS GRILLED LONDON BROIL RECIPE - MOM'S ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
GRILLED MARINATED LONDON BROIL – RANTS RAVES AND RECIPES
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
THE BEST LONDON BROIL MARINADE RECIPE - SWEET LITTLE BLUEBIRD
Reviews 25Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
MARINATED LONDON BROIL RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.3/5 (21)Total Time 4 hrs 35 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 466 per serving
GRILLED LONDON BROIL WITH OLIVE OIL AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR ...
JAMAICAN JERK LONDON BROIL RECIPES
15 BEST MARINADES FOR LONDON BROIL - FOOD.COM
BEST LONDON BROIL MARINADE RECIPE | EASY SAUCE RECIPES
LONDON BROIL MARINADE RECIPES
LEMON MARINATED LONDON BROIL BEST RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook London broil steak with balsamic vinegar?In a bowl, combine Balsamic vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Place London Broil in a zip lock bag. Pour marinade into bag, making sure to coat and massage the steak with marinade. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight and/or all day.
What is your go to London broil marinade recipe?My go-to london broil marinade recipe with mustard, balsamic vinegar and garlic. This tender cut of beef is a family favorite. 4 garlic cloves, minced (or less depending on your love of garlic!) In a bowl, combine Balsamic vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Place London Broil in a zip lock bag.
How to cook London broil in the oven?In a bowl, combine Balsamic vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Place London Broil in a zip lock bag. Pour marinade into bag, making sure to coat and massage the steak with marinade. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight and/or all day. Preheat broiler/oven to 450 degrees.
How much garlic do you put in a London broil?4 garlic cloves, minced (or less depending on your love of garlic!) In a bowl, combine Balsamic vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Place London Broil in a zip lock bag.