GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH SPICY LIME YOGURT SAUCE
Leg of lamb is elegant, and one leg can feed a crowd. Marinate it with a garlicky herb paste, the longer the better. Overnight in the refrigerator is ideal, but even a few hours at room temperature will help. Just make sure to always pat your lamb dry after marinating; this helps eliminate flare-ups. Butterflied legs of lamb tend to be unevenly cut, giving you thicker and thinner parts. This is good if some of your guests like their lamb more well done than you do, but problematic if everyone likes it rare. If you want rare all around (or well done for that matter), consider cutting the lamb into pieces according to thickness so you can take the thinner ones off the grill first.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 12 to 15 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels and place it on a rimmed baking sheet. In a bowl, combine oil, herbs, orange zest and juice, the minced garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Rub mixture all over lamb. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate at room temperature for 2 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt if you like.
- Heat the grill. Wipe lamb with paper towels, removing most of the rub, then grill until a digital thermometer reads 120 degrees for rare or 130 for medium (about 6 to 15 minutes per side, depending on how you like your meat and how thick the lamb is). If the meat starts to char before it's done, move it to a cooler part of the grill to finish cooking. Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing and serving with the yogurt sauce.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 400, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 30 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 28 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 566 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large non-reactive bowl. Add the lamb, making sure it is covered with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, overnight or for up to 3 days.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature. Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals. Scrape the marinade off the lamb, wipe the meat with paper towels, and season it generously with salt and pepper. Brush the grill with oil to keep the lamb from sticking, and grill on both sides until the internal temperature is 120 to 125 degrees for rare. This will take 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how hot the grill is.
- Remove the lamb to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Then slice and serve.
GRILLED YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
Provided by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Categories Lamb Marinate Easter Yogurt Father's Day Backyard BBQ Dinner Spring Summer Grill Grill/Barbecue Bon Appétit Sugar Conscious Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix 1 cup yogurt, 1 teaspoon Tabil Spice Blend, and 1 minced garlic clove in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill. Whisk remaining 1 cup yogurt, remaining 3 1/2 tablespoons Tabil Spice Blend, 4 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp. salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add lamb; turn to coat. Cover and chill overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Grill until meat is cooked to desired doneness, 10-15 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grill lemon halves, cut side down, until charred, about 5 minutes. Thinly slice lamb against the grain and arrange on a platter; garnish with lemons. Serve with reserved yogurt sauce.
YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB WITH CARDAMOM AND ORANGE
This wet-roasted leg of lamb doesn't contain a ton of liquid - this is about roasting, not braising, and if you add enough liquid to a cut of meat, you're not roasting any more. Instead, the lamb is moistened with a yogurt-based marinade laced with fresh mint, orange zest and cardamom. The yogurt keeps the surface of the lamb from drying out and - if you let the lamb sit for a while after you've smeared it with the marinade (and you should) - it permeates the meat a bit with the flavors of the marinade. This needs no accompaniment, but if you're in the mood for some heat, a dab of harissa wouldn't be out of place. Don't know how to carve a lamb? Mark Bittman shows you how in this video.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, roasts, main course
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 425º. Remove as much of the surface fat as is practical from the lamb. Mix together the yogurt, mint, orange zest, cardamom, salt and pepper; rub the meat all over with the yogurt mixture. If you have time, let the lamb sit for an hour or more (refrigerate if it will be much longer).
- Put the lamb on a rack in a roasting pan. (You might line the pan first with aluminum foil to make cleanup easier.) Roast for 30 minutes, then check; if the lamb threatens to burn, turn the heat down to 350º; otherwise leave it at 425º.
- After about 1 hour (total) of roasting, check the internal temperature of the lamb with an instant-read thermometer. Continue to check every 10 minutes; when it reaches 130 for medium rare (125 for very rare) in its thickest part (check it in several places), it's done. Total cooking time will be less than 1 1/2 hours. Let it rest for a few minutes before carving. Serve garnished with more chopped mint.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 568, UnsaturatedFat 19 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 39 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 50 grams, SaturatedFat 17 grams, Sodium 449 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in sealable plastic bag. Add lamb and seal bag, pressing out air. Turn bag to coat lamb, then put bag in a shallow baking pan and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours.
- Bring lamb to room temperature, about 1 hour, before grilling.
- Prepare grill for cooking over direct heat with medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas); see Grilling Procedure.
- Remove lamb from marinade (discard marinade) and run 3 or 4 skewers lengthwise through lamb about 2 inches apart. Grill on a lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using gas grill, turning over occasionally and, if necessary, moving around on grill to avoid flare-ups, until thermometer registers 125 to 128°F, 8 to 14 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and remove skewers. Let lamb stand, loosely covered with foil, 20 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 135°F while meat stands.) Cut across the grain into slices.
YOGURT-MARINATED ROAST LEG OF LAMB
A tangy yogurt-herb marinade tenderizes this leg of lamb, then browns in the oven to add flavor to the drippings. Top with chunky Almond Relish for a dramatic dish worthy of a holiday feast or special occasion. (Plan ahead: Chef Berglund recommends two days of marination.)
Provided by Paul Berglund
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Marinade: Use a spoon to peel the ginger. Peel garlic and onion. Roughly chop onion and ginger, followed by half of the parsley and cilantro, including stems. In a blender, add the ginger, onion, garlic, herbs, ⅓ of the yogurt, and salt. Purée until smooth. Add the remaining yogurt and purée again to combine. Set aside.
- Lamb: Place lamb on a flat surface. Use a sharp knife to poke holes in the lamb at 1½-inch intervals; this will help the lamb absorb the marinade. Flip over and repeat on the other side. Fit a brining bag into a large container (or the roasting pan you'll be using, if it fits in the refrigerator). Then place the lamb into the bag and pour in the marinade. Massage the marinade into the lamb so all of the meat is covered, then seal the bag. Refrigerate for 1-2 days (longer marination will yield more tenderized lamb).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Transfer the lamb and all of the marinade into a roasting pan. Lay parchment paper over the lamb to cover, then cover the roasting pan tightly with aluminum foil. Roast for 1 hour. (Total roasting time will be 3 hours.)
- After 1 hour, remove lamb from oven. Gently remove foil and parchment. (The yogurt will have separated into curds and whey, which is normal.) Use tongs to flip the lamb over, then cover with parchment and foil again. Place back into the oven for 1 hour. After the second hour of roasting, flip the lamb again and place back into the oven, uncovered, for 1 final hour.
- After a total of 3 hours of roasting, remove lamb. Pierce the lamb with a sharp knife to check for doneness. If there isn't a lot of resistance, it's done. Flip lamb over, spoon yogurt solids on top, and let rest, 30 minutes.
- Almond Relish: Roughly chop the almonds, place in a medium bowl, and set aside. Pick the leaves off the remaining cilantro and parsley, bunch together, and finely chop. Add herbs to the almonds. Add enough olive oil to cover, about ½ cup, and mix. Juice 3 of the 4 lemon halves into the relish, mix, and add salt to taste. Use the juice of the remaining lemon half to taste.
- Assembly: Use tongs and a meat fork to transfer lamb to a serving platter. Spoon relish over the lamb, and serve.
YOGURT MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - NORTH AFRICA
Make and share this Yogurt Marinated Leg of Lamb - North Africa recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Mme M
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Two days before you cook the lamb outside on the BBQ, make a 'butterfly cut' along the bone, or ask the butcher to do it!
- Place the butterfly-cut leg of lamb in a close fitting container, pour the lemon juice over the top and sprinkle with a little salt. Cover and chill for 24 hours.
- The next day, toast (dry-fry) the spices in a small pan over low heat for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring until you smell the heavy aroma. Grind as finely as possible in a food processor or spice mill, and place in a bowl.
- Add the yogurt and mix thoroughly to make the marinade.
- Remove the meat from the container and wipe any juices from the base. Spoon in half the marinade, then lay the lamb down onto this. Cover with the remaining marinade, ensuring that all the meat has marinade on it.
- Chill for a further 24 hours.
- Return to room temperature at least 2 hours before cooking.
- Light the BBQ an hour before cooking.
- Brush the marinade off the lamb, and discard it.
- Sprinkle the outside of the meat with a little seasoning (salt, pepper, new spices), and lay on the grill, seasoned side down, about 8 - 10 inches from the coals.
- Leave untouched to cook for 15 minutes.
- Season the upper surface of the lamb before turning. Cook this side for 15 minutes.
- Remove and set aside for 10 minutes, to seal in all the juices.
- Carve across the grain in thick slices.
- Serve with a warm chickpea salad or a couscous salad, and slices of cucumber, tomato and salad greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 510.8, Fat 33.4, SaturatedFat 14.8, Cholesterol 161.9, Sodium 166, Carbohydrate 5.5, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 4, Protein 45.1
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH YOGURT-MINT SAUCE
I soooooo love lamb, and this makes up into one very delicious meal. I got this out of a Sunset Magazine with an article on Orcas Island recipes, which when visiting Washington State be sure to take the Ferry out and visit this spectacular place.
Provided by Chabear01
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a blender, whirl yellow onion, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, and salt. With blender running, slowly pour in olive oil.
- Rinse lamb and pat dry. With a small knife, make small slashes (1 inch long and 1 inch deep) all over the lamb, and put it in a nonreactive dish. Coat lamb with onion marinade, making sure the mixture gets into the slits. Cover and chill 2 hours or up to overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove lamb from refrigerator about 1 hour before you plan to cook it. Spread lamb flat on an oiled barbeque grill over a solid bed of medium-heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 inches above grill level only 4 to 5 seconds.). Close lid. Cook lamb, turning once and brushing with marinade, until a thermometer inserted in center of thickest part registers 140 degrees, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer meat to a platter and cover. Let rest 15 to 20 minutes. Thinly slice meat, garnish with sliced red onion and radishes, and serve with yogurt-mint sauce.
- Yogurt-Mint Sauce:.
- In a blender whirl all ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in an additional 3/4 cup plain whole plain yogurt. Makes about 1 cup sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 657.5, Fat 49.7, SaturatedFat 16.3, Cholesterol 155.9, Sodium 1166.9, Carbohydrate 7.3, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 3.2, Protein 43.9
More about "grilled yogurt marinated leg of lamb recipes"
GRILLED YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.8/5 (10)Servings 8
YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB MARINATED IN YOGURT
Reviews 8Category Main CourseCuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 10 hrs 45 mins
- Remove and discard the larger deposits of fat, reserving some fat on the meat which will add flavor during the grilling process.
HARISSA AND YOGURT MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE
GREEK YOGURT MARINATED LAMB KEBABS - DISHES WITH DAD
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB | RECIPE - WEST COAST PRIME MEATS
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH MINTED YOGURT AND CUCUMBERS RECIPE
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH YOGURT - RECIPE | SCMP COOKING
YOGURT-MINT MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB – RECIPES NETWORK
YOGURT MARINATED GRILLED LAMB RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
YOGURT MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE, WHATS COOKING …
10 BEST LAMB MARINATED WITH YOGURT RECIPES | YUMMLY
LAMB LEG GRILLED WITH ROSEMARY, GARLIC, DIJON MARINADE
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - RICARDO
LAMB MARINATED IN YOGURT, GARLIC AND ROSEMARY RECIPE - LOS …
GRILLED YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH YOGURT-MINT SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LAMB MARINATED WITH GREEK YOGURT - ALBERTA MILK
YOGURT MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB | EMERILS.COM
YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
GRILLED YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - PLAIN.RECIPES
GRILLED YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB | LAMB RECIPES, MAIN COURSE ...
MARINATED LEG OF LAMB ROAST IN SPICED YOGURT - EAT THE HEAT
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
GRILLED LAMB GYROS RECIPE WITH GREEK YOGURT — EAT THIS NOT THAT
HOW TO GRILL LEG OF LAMB - RECIPE, MARINADE, TEMPERATURE
GRILLED YOGURT MARINATED LEG OF LAMB | RECIPES, LAMB LEG RECIPES, …
GRILLED YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
12 LAMB MARINADE RECIPES FOR A TENDER, JUICY, DELICIOUS FEAST
GRILLED YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB | RECIPE | GRILLED LAMB …
GRILLED YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB | RECIPE - PINTEREST
YOGURT MARINATED LAMB - RECIPE IDEAS, PRODUCT REVIEWS, HOME …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love